CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser

4.1

Purified Water, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Peg-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate and Peg-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Niacinamide, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Sodium Chloride, Phytosphingosine, Citric Acid, Edetate Disodium, Dihydrate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 9/23/2014 8:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

MY HG FACIAL CLEANSER. I have gone through 3 of these. My skin type is oily, but due to prescribed topical treatments, I now have combination skin that is dehydrated. My t-zone is still ridiculously oily. This cleanses my skin without stripping my skin. I double cleanse with this, the first time to get off any sweat and dirt built up on my face ( I run cross country) and any powder that is left on my skin. It doesn't feel really foamy on the first cleanse, and I suppose it's because I actually have a lot of gunk on my face it's dissolving.:P on the second cleanse it is really foamy and when I rinse I just feel so clean. This definitely contributes to keeping my skin clear and smooth. I HIGHLY recomend this product if you have anywhere from normal to oily skin.

on 9/13/2014 9:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

**HG MUST-HAVE** I had hormonal after that flared up all of a sudden, I was on the hunt for the right cleanser to get rid of my acne. I saw a YouTube video on someone who used this and saw results. I ran out and bought it and I love it!! It's gentle and my. Acne stayed clearing away. My skin feels cleans after using this product and I love how it foams.?

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This stuff is my HG cleanser! No fuss or frills just a basic cleanser. I have super oily acne prone skin and this stuff helps keep my clean balanced. I seen people talking about it making them breakout after a couple uses. That's is actually a sign that it's working! It's bringing out everything that has been sitting under your skin! So if you're thinking of trying this cleanser give it a couple weeks to see the full effects and amazingness of this cleanser!

on 8/16/2014 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

At first, I loved this face wash. After a few uses, my pores became clogged and my face was bumpy with tiny little pimples, especially on my forehead... And I almost never break out on my forehead! I have sensitive, acne-prone/combination skin, so maybe some of the ingredients aggravated my skin! I do admit that it's nice this cleanser doesn't give a right feeling of dryness, but that's about the only good thing about it. Waste of my money. I'm back to using my aveeno moisturizing facial bar and overnight my skin already looks better.

on 7/31/2014 12:02:00 AM

Purity is my go-to cleanser, but I'm still on the hunt for my HG skincare regimen and was really excited to give this cleanser a go. (I have combo-oily skin, quite prone to breakouts on my forehead and hormonal pimples on my chin.) I was hoping this would be a less-expensive alternative to Purity...how wrong I was. Great packaging, great price, but oh my word--breakout city. Terrible pimples around my mouth and nose (I never get breakouts here) and they were so large they were impossible to cover. I try to give new cleansers a few weeks to allow my skin time to adjust, but it just wasn't worth it...new spots popped up every morning. Gave this away to a friend and while I like CeraVe moisturizers, I won't be purchasing this cleanser EVER again.

on 7/21/2014 6:30:00 PM

After years of using expensive department store cleansers (Lancôme, Fresh, Bliss, Philosophy, Shiseido) I bought this gentle cleanser at the recommendation of my dermatologist. I wish I had purchased it years ago! You get a big bottle for only about $10 on Amazon. The Ph-balanced cleanser leaves my skin feeling soft and clean, without breaking me out. There is no scent and it foams nicely. It's supposed to preserve the skin's moisture barrier and I can't really comment on that, but I do seem to have fewer dry patches from retin-A now. I also like the pump packaging better than the open top or squeeze bottles, it seems to dispense just the right amount of product. I only need about two pumps to clean my face. Cerave has become my HG morning cleanser. At night, I am still using a Faceshop cleansing oil plus a Ph balanced La Roche Posay cleanser to remove my makeup. However, once the La Roche Posay cleanser runs out, I will try the Cerave with the cleansing oil.

I would buy this even if it was twice as expensive!

on 7/11/2014 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I'm surprised at how much I like this product and how underrated it is. I have combination/oily, red, and mildly acne prone skin (I frequently get small white heads and the occasional deep raging pimple). I typically have a difficult time removing all of my makeup with just a cleanser and no remover but just two pumps of CeraVe does a fantastic job of thoroughly cleansing my entire face. It does not leave it irritated and tight (as most oil targeting cleaners I've tried do) and I have had a noticeable improvement in the redness of my cheeks. It is a little more on the expensive side of drugstore cleansers (around $13) but it is not plastered with tons of ridiculous gimmick ingredients and I appreciate how gentle it is and how significantly less oily my skin is becoming (especially in the midst of summer). As someone who hardly buys the same cleanser twice, I would most likely buy this again.

on 7/11/2014 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I bought this facial cleanser after seeing many positive reviews. I have combination skin, oily and dry, oh and eczema so you know my skin is SUPER dry. Unfortunately, I guess I am sensitive to some of the ingredients in Cerave, it gave me horrible clogged/congested pores, and made my face itchy even after I moisturized it. Last night instead of using the cerave foaming wash I went back to my Neutrogena Fresh foaming cleanser and overnight my skin recovered so much.

on 7/6/2014 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this after saw good reviews. unfortunately it gave me horrible break outs even from the first time using it. Now I only use it to clean my make up brush. If you have acne prone skins stay away from CERAVE

on 7/4/2014 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

After hearing and reading good reviews on this product I decided to purchase it. I have oily, acne-prone, sensitive skin. i liked the packaging. it came with a pump that you can open and lock. The cleanser had no scent and would foam up very nicely. It removed my makeup. I started breaking out by the next day I thought it was normal but for two weeks I saw new pimples. i decided to buy the cerave moisturing lotion to see if it would help. It made it worst so returned both items. Very disappointed.