July 31, 2014 | 985 users online

Cleansers - CeraVe - Foaming Facial Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 8:35:00 PM More reviews by cutelilram

I love this cleanser! It was recommended to me by my dermatologist because of my Rosacea. It does an excellent job of cleaning off make-up and dirt without drying out my skin. I went out and bought another one to have as a back up and I will continue to buy. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Project25

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using cerave foaming cleanser for over 3 months, I also used the hydrating version a few times but for some reason it stung my eyes and face so that is body wash now-however this foaming one is the BEST economical face wash I have ever used and I have tried everything from low end to high end. I love the simple pump and use this in the shower at night. (I use PCA creamy cleanser in the AM). It cleans my skin amazingly and gets it ready for my nighttime skincare products. There is no smell, it doesn't burn my skin and it clears up my skin! I bought an expensive cleanser 2 weeks ago because I got bored and wanted to try something new and stopped using Cerave, I started to notice I was starting to get some clogged pores (white closed comodones) and my skin was on the oiler side. Last night I used Cerave and TODAY my skin is practically all cleared up which is why I decided to write this review now. I am a total product junkie and don't repurchase the same things often as I love change but this I will continue to use. Maybe forever :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Jordanelizabethsmith

I absolutely LOVE this facewash! It cleans my skin and isn't too soapy, which makes it easy for it to rinse off. This wash does not contain any sulfate which is harmful to skin. A+

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by POPOK1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried this and it actually broke out my face really bad, my skin never looked as bad as when I was using this. I used it for about a month hoping it would clear up but it only got worse and worse. I'm really disappointed one because of the price and two because I've never heard of anyone else having this problem. I switched back to my old face wash and after one week I'm already clearing up big time. I guess I'm one of the unlucky few that this product didn't work out for.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by jordancrook

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this cleanser. I have oily acne prone skin and this has helped to cut down on both of those. First I tried the hydrating cleanser and that made my skin burn, so I switched to the foaming and it's perfect. No burning, and balances my skin. I use with the cerave moisturizing lotion at night. So far I'll be repurchasing, and I'll edit if anything changes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by dianelarsenemail

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used both the Foaming facial cleanser and the hydrating facial cleanser and i found that the hydrating is much more gentle on the skin and does not cause any redness where as the foaming facial cleanser is much harsher and even irritated my skin a little. I'm not sure why but i have found that cleansers that really lather up tend to make my face more irritated than cleansers that have a gel like consistency. I did not care for this cleanser as much as the hydrating, but don't get me wrong, i sure do love my CERAVE!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by shannbronzo1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

OMG......I have sensitive skin....I used this for a day and a half.......just used it for the last time. My skin is ANGRY red and BURNING!!!!! Not sure why......got this based on Paula B's recommendation.....it is NOT a best product, not for me anyway. Not gentle, I'm sorry, but ladies be careful. Sticking to my Olay or Neutrogena sensitive skin wash.

EDIT: TOTALLY forgot to add.....I have seen many comment on the niacinamide in this wash being the potential irritant....I use Olay Regenerist Day Lotion religiously and it has niacinamide and I DO NOT experience this irritation with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Calliopi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a very good non-drying cleanser. It removes makeup well (in 2 washes). It never causes any redness or irritation and it foams up great! Definitely recommend!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by jenglund

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I thought these CeraVe products were contributing to breakouts at first, but over several months of consistent use I've realized this and the AM/PM moisturizers are actually godsends for my skin.

My skin is healthy, relatively clear, and plumper looking after using these products (with 2.5% BP and a daily salicylic acid product like PCs or Philosophy Clear Days Ahead treatment/moisturizer). No matter what other stuff rotates through my routine, these are staples I'll always rely on and come back to when the newest cool thing leaves me irritated and broken out or ruddy.

This stuff is my old faithful. Not drying for me, takes off sunscreen and eye makeup with two washes, gentle, and after I'm done I almost feel like I didn't even put anything on my face (in a good way). I love it.

EDIT 7/6/15: I guess I spoke too soon. After switching to Cetaphil for Normal/Oily skin, I've found that my skin is softer, smoother, and less bumpy. Cetaphil also works better to remove makeup for me and has more slip. I think this and/or the AM/PM CeraVe products I was using were clogging or causing bumps. I didn't realize how much my skin texture had changed until I switched back to my previous routine (which was effective just a year ago, so not sure why I switched). The old routine is gentle cleanser, SA pads (Clearasil), and Olay Age Defying SPF 15 and anti wrinkle night cream.

FYI, if anyone is a reader of Paula Begoun and cosdna (I got obsessed for the past year and it actually worsened my ski ), I'd encourage you to go on PubMed or Google Scholar and see for yourself what is true and what is outdated or misleading. There's good stuff on Beautypedia, but her claims about alcohol in skincare, jar packaging, etc. are completely overblown (I say this as a scientist myself). Also, the author of the original comedogenicity scales said himself they were misleading and unreliable. Beauty Brains blog is a slightly better, though still sometimes contradictory, source.

My routine for the past two weeks (similar to what I was doing last summer before over researching ruined my skin and budget) is as follows, and it wouldn't hurt to try if you have skin bumps, acne flare ups, and oily adult skin:

Cetaphil Normal/Oily cleanser (or mild cleanser without sodium or ammonium lauryl sulfate...SLES seems to be fine for me).

Clearasil Ultra pads (Oxy pads were working for me last summer, too, though the pH for SA to work is too high...that's one thing I'll still check Beautypedia for...that and UVA protection levels only)

Olay Age Defying SPF 15 (AM) / Olay Age Defying anti wrinkle night cream (PM).

Occasional spot treatment with 10% BP (currently the Target generic for Clean & Clear Persagel) on incoming time of the month zits

Almay makeup (Clear Complexion concealer, Smart Shade Smart Balance pressed powder, and TLC foundation for special occasions)

As I mentioned, that routine worked for me for several years before. I remember being in the shower last summer thinking I couldn't remember the last time I had a zit, and this is pretty much what I was doing. I don't know why I changed it in the first place, but now I've been back on it for 2 weeks and my skin is back to being relatively smooth, clear, and bright. I guess I shouldn't give up near perfect skin in search of absolute perfection :)

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by girrlbot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is all time favorite cleanser and I've already repurchased it! It's very gentle and effective. It removes makeup like a charm and it doesn't leave my skin feeling tight or dry. My facial redness and minor acne cleared up immensely after I started using this months ago. I'll never be without it! Thanks r/SkincareAddiction for teaching me about this!