October 2, 2014 | 1450 users online

Concealers - Collection 2000 - Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2014 5:42:00 PM More reviews by niftypineapple914

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I am surprised by the negative reviews. I spent literally over a decade looking for a great concealer to cover active acne and leftover scars. Benefit playsticks, Chanel, Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage (which is very very good), Rimmel Hide the Blemish, Colorstay; I tried so many. This has become my HG blemish and scar concealer. I use shade 2, I'm Desert Beige in EL DW and Beige Sand in Revlon Colorstay. I have extremely, extremely oily skin on account of a PCOS, and I find the lasting power of this concealer to be perfection indeed.
Dirt cheap and no complaints with packaging. It does dry slightly darker than what it initially comes out as but I don't think anyone could notice except you as the wearer. I just wish it was easier to find in Boots now; the craze has caught on and its always out of stock where I live.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 4:42:00 PM More reviews by maariyaloves

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this concealer so much! It covers my horrible and very dark under eye circles perfectly. It is easy to blend but, sometimes is hard because it dries quickly. However, the packaging is horrible as the writing gradually fades away. I bought this at boots for only 4 which is amazing! The product felt dry on my skin and had a thick consistency.The smell was average and wasn't good nor bad.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2014 10:18:00 AM More reviews by DeeDanosaur

I bought this at Boots whilst in London for around 4 pounds, which is a really good price!
I got this in the shade : 1 Fair, which is too light for me. I wish a wider range of shades were available because 1 is too light, and 2 is a tad bit too dark, and I couldn't be bothered to buy 2 shades to mix and match.

Regarding packaging; I like the size of the tube, it's easy to carry around and the wand reminds me of a lipgloss wand and does a good job at delivering the product.

The texture; sometimes a bit too much product comes out so it can get messy. It's smooth when applied and doesn't cake up throughout the day.

One con for me: when using your finger to blend, the remaining product doesn't come off easily so I resort to using make up wipes to remove it from my fingertip.

I used it on blemishes and it covers up quite well. I'm sure that if there was a shade between 1 and 2, it would have been better as my face tended to look pale after using the concealer on spots and scars. (But again, that's my fault for not testing the shade out beforehand)

Overall, I understand the hype and would definitely buy it again if more shades were available.

Ps: Please test out the shade first because I remember thinking "Ok it didn't look this pale in the tube" and it would just be inconvenient if you went through the same ordeal

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2014 1:05:00 PM More reviews by SophieOToole

I had high hopes for this concealer after hearing so many rave reviews and people telling me it was their HG concealer. I purchased this from Boots for around £3.99 and was pleased with how cheap it was. The packaging isn't great but it is small and very handy for someone who travels a lot. I bought it in the lightest shade and it is great for covering the dark circles under my eyes when blended with the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion sponge. However, it isn't great for concealing blemishes or redness on the face. Currently, I'm just trying to use up what I have left before I purchase another concealer but I will definitely try others before I purchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2014 1:08:00 AM More reviews by mccalisterr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

It epitomizes the word "conceal"

It' not the type of concealer that would fade out during the day. It does last as it says and it gives an extremely excellent amount of coverage. The only let down to the product is that it only comes in three shades (at least that's what I'm aware of) and given that the brand originates from the UK- the shades don't work for Medium, Olive tones, and darker skin types. However it may work as a brightener which would still be of good coverage as well.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by debpeters

This is a weird product. Only because of the terrible shade selection. I found all the shades to have a grey-ish undertone to them, like the kind you see in cheap BB creams. It gave my face a weird dull and almost dirty colour, which i of course did not appreciate. HOWEVER, the coverage, formula and lasting power are fantastic. For the price, I feel like this concealer does everything it promises. But like i said, the shades were just very odd. I won't repurchase until they improve on the shades.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2014 6:39:00 AM More reviews by daphneegreengrass

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

My favorite concealer. SO easy to use. It's a bit thick for under-eye concealer for my taste (but I only like liquid, Touche Eclat-like products for that) but it's perfect for concealing spots and blemishes. The lightest shade works perfectly on my NW10 skin and you can't beat the price! I have another concealer, the Studio Fix by MAC in NW15 and I prefer this 4 concealer to it. It's much easier and quicker to apply, you just have to dab it on your spots and then blend it lightly and you're done. I was really surprised by how good of a match it was on my skin - if you're really fair, GO FOR IT.
I've took away some lippies for the packaging because the writing has a tendancy to stay on your fingers (or maybe it's just me?) so I've taken the habit of using nail polish remover to remove all the writing on the packaging so it doesn't give me dirty fingers XD

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2014 10:07:00 PM More reviews by mauveboudoir

I had such high hopes for this. I used to use Maybelline Dream Touch Concealer and tried this based on Fleur de Force's recommendation. This is a total fail apart from the packaging. I like the lipgloss type of applicator but everything else is awful it settles terribly on pores, it highlights dryness under the eyes and it is cakey. Ugh.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2014 3:05:00 PM More reviews by HappyLatte

I brought this product because of the hype... The hype's not always right.
It clings to dry patches on skin and although blends well into moisturised skin, after 5/6 hours it cakes on face and falls into creases of skin. I use this under my eyes, not blemishes so I can't review that but I won't be buying this again as I brought it expecting something that would last a long time and I was disappointed. However for short periods of time it's great and the price is fabulous. Packaging makes application easier but the lid gets grungy.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 2:35:00 PM More reviews by Steph7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Sorry meant to say cheap packaging from Collection 2000 not Rimmel!