August 31, 2014 | 1014 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Redness Solutions Makeup SPF 15 with Probiotic Technology

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2012 1:02:00 AM More reviews by ilyxdorkfaceee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I do love this foundation. However, during the day it looks fantastic but then slowly it will fade off of my face showing my disgusting red scars. If you have oily skin this may not be the best foundation for you. However, it may be expensive but this stuff can last you a long time! i still have my bottle left from last year.. a little goes a long way. Maybe during the winter times ill be able to use it more. It does have a gorgeous dewey look to it. i'm half and half on if i like it or not lol. I switch back and forth between this foundation and revlon colorstay which i seem to always go back to that foundation even after years has passed. Maybe this foundation will be more beneficial to people with normal to dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2012 1:48:00 PM More reviews by ClareyMcbee

I really like this foundation. It covers well, leaves a dewy effect but doesn't make you look greasy and even though it's in a smallish container it goes a very long way. I Mix this with Maybelines BB cream and I get the perfect foundation. Very happy with this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2012 11:33:00 PM More reviews by sweetiesweetie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

It find that it has good coverage. It covers up all my redness and acne but it hasn't been helping it in any way. It matches my skin tone very well and I like the finish.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2012 9:30:00 AM More reviews by mymycat

It`s perfect for redness. The problem is if you have oily skin like I do. It shines like crazy, I`ve tried alone and with a primer and nothing makes it stop shinning. that why I wouldnt buy it again. I bought while I was traveling in the US on vacation, I bought two. so now I gotta use it... but wont buy again, I`ll stay with my Mac foundations..

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by zara12

This is one of my favourite foundations. It is a medium coverage, dewy finish foundation. This foundation is excellent for spot prone skin, I've purchased this foundation 3 times and I've been using it for about 2 years and It hasn't ever broken me out.
It covers spots and all redness and really makes your skin look natural, healthy and beautiful. It doesn't really oxidise to a noticeable extent.

However, there are some drawbacks for this foundation:

1. It is extremely dewy.When I say dewy, I mean seriously dewy! however this can be easily solved with any translucent powder or MAC powder foundation for extra coverage or any other powder will do

2. It lasts up to 8-10 hours maximum until it looks faded but this is fixable with a primer

3. Most definitely NOT suitable for oily skin types. Excellent for dry or normal skin.

4. Although it claims to actually help reduce redness in the skin, this product does not help to do with this at all.

Overall I think this is great value for money for a high end foundation -I believe it is around £23. I find any problems with this foundation are easily fixable and I am happy to use it everyday for flawless looking skin!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2012 11:53:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I recently bought this foundation and I have to say I really like it. Whether this actually reduces redness over time remains to be seen. However, if you're looking for a good foundation that provides moderate coverage and completely covers any redness, this is the product for you. I recommend using a foundation brush to apply. This will give you nice even coverage. Then use your fingers to blend. The warmth of your fingers will make the product meld with your skin giving a perfect finish.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/3/2012 8:49:00 PM More reviews by carlybfink

I picked this up at Clinique because I was looking for a good foundation that wasn't outlandishly expensive (i.e. Naked Skin foundation for $38). First of all, it's too dark for me. But that's probably the fault of the woman who matched me. Second, even after letting if set 3 to 5 minutes, it's still dewy/sticky. And finally it tarts to run together and turn orange halfway through the day. But, hey, at least the redness in my skin has gone down.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2012 12:25:00 PM More reviews by Ritarella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the first foundations I ever brought back to the store (and, amazingly, they actually took it back and refunded me!). It gives a horrible wax-like finish, dewy to the point that you look like a wax statue. As well, it was a bit on the grey side (I had Neutral as a colour, being NW25/NW30 in Mac), but I think this is normal due to the fact that it has to contrast redness. However not for me at all, coverage is too much but in a very unnatural way. Further to this, I suspect it gave me a few spots, anyway I stopped having them when I stopped using this. Finally, it's super hard to work with, it dries in 2 seconds.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2012 10:11:00 AM More reviews by kittencaprix

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a relatively thick foundation due in large part to its excellent sunscreen content (zinc oxide 2.9% & titanium dioxide 3.7%). Zinc is known as a superior UVA ray blocker as well as great for skin repair (consider it's the primarily ingredient in diaper creams: it actually works). It can, however, cause dryness/dry appearance for very dry skin if not used with a moisturizer to suit individual skin needs/type.

A make-up sponge is a must; I've never been able to get used to foundation brushes & don't have the time to wash them thoroughly everyday to ensure they're bacterial free.

I didn't find the color changed on my skin. I also didn't find the foundation alleviated any redness except for providing solid coverage. It didn't sink into my pores, but it did require a thick coating of moisturizer underneath as I have very dry skin. I would not recommend this foundation for very oily skin; normal or slightly dry to dry skin would likely do best with it.

The reasons I wouldn't buy it again are purely personal: I'm not a huge fan of liquid foundation (I bought it for the sunscreen protection, the tint, & the clinique bonus that was running); other foundations are cheaper & easier to apply (revlon makes some great foundations for dry skin with the same sunscreen content); and I have issues with false advertising, and the "redness solutions" is absolutely false. There is no ingredient in this product that could solve redness, esp. given the low amount of the touted ingredients. Using a beta-hydroxy acid product, antioxidant moisturizer/serum, & zinc oxide-based sunscreen followed by a dusting of powder has a much more natural look overall.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 2:05:00 PM More reviews by MelanieNYC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

EDIT 12/2013- FULL HG status! It is a full year and a half since I began wearing this incredible foundation daily. Absolutely zero breakouts, flawless coverage that does not look like a mask, and no irritation. Best foundation ever.

EDIT 2/9/2013: I AM STILL LOVING THIS MAKEUP!! NO BREAKOUTS, BEAUTIFUL COVERAGE, and THIN, not THICK Coverage which is kind of rare for a full coverage foundation. Plus, I am still on my first bottle and I have used it daily since September! I initially thought with the small bottle it comes through that I would run right through it, but I think this is the longest a single bottle of foundation has lasted.

Original Review 9/2012:
Could this really be the perfect HG foundation I have been searching for my entire life?! YES! I think I have found it in this foundation. I seriously can't believe how great this product is for my skin (rosacea-prone, oily t-zone with a few dry patches, easily irritated, hormonal breakouts on chin) plus a perfect color match (Calming Alabaster).
This summer I had a terrible bout of rosacea on my cheeks and my chin was also very red and irritated. I wanted to find a gentle, yet full coverage foundation that wouldn't slide off or cause more irritation. This summer I fell in love with the Cllinique BeautyBalm(shade2), but wanted something with a little more coverage so I went to check out foundations because I felt my DiorShow Forever has too much perfume in it.
The Clinique salesperson said their BeautyBalm really wasn't meant for rosacea skin and I should try their Redness Foundation. I was skeptical because I wasn't sure about the coloring of Clinique foundation as I had heard they were very orange. I'm glad though that I gave it a try!
I have used this foundation for 2 weeks now with no breakouts and beautiful flawless coverage that lasts all day!!! I can go hours without needing to blot and powder and last week it was a humid 88 degrees too. You only need a tiny amount which covers EVERYTHING! It's surprising it is full coverage because the foundation itself is very thin, but the thinness is what makes this foundation blend so flawlessly into my skin. It really looks like my skin, but of course, so much better. I even use this under my eyes without the need for additional under eye concealer. It doesn't crease either or make fine lines more noticeable. I have no idea how a foundation that keeps my skin so matte for hours can not dry out my under eyes, but this foundation manages to do just that.
Color Oxidation- I am fair with pink in my skin. I like to use a neutral color foundation (not for pink or yellow tones) because I think this is what works best to neutralize pink without making me look too red/orange/yellow. Calming Alabaster is a perfect color for fair tones with either pink/yellow undertones. However, it does very slightly oxidize over the course of the day so if you are between colors, I would say go with the lighter color even if it looks a bit too light when you first put it on. Alabaster looks a little light when I first put it on but within a short time will slightly darken and by the end of the day a little bit more.
FYI- I use a small amount of CoverFx Acne/Matte Primer first all over my face followed by this foundation (Alabaster). I put a few small dots of foundation all around my face and use my fingers to smoothe and blend starting with my nose and chin and moving outward. I was going to use a foundation brush, but it's not necessary with this foundation to get a flawless finish. If you are on the fence about this foundation, just try it! You may be really surprised.