August 29, 2014 | 1808 users online

Concealers - MAC - Pro Longwear Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2014 6:34:00 PM More reviews by VleVine05

I really love this concealer. This is the second concealer I have bought in my lifetime and it works really well. It dries quickly, stays put and covers well. The shade the lady at the MAC counter said fit me "perfectly" is the lightest shade, NC15, and at first, it is. Once it dries and I put the finishing powder on though, it becomes weird and takes an orange-y cast. You can tell more on certain days, but to me it is obvious all the time. I love everything about this product (even the smell, which I have gotten used to), but the color is just not right. I am disappointed in this product because of the coloring but it is not completely horrible. Until I find something that is more my shade and isn't too expensive, I will repurchase. It doesn't break me out either, which is a plus, and I don't have to use my oil-blotting papers as much as before. Overall, this is a great product- MAC just needs to get their coloring down.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2014 12:31:00 AM More reviews by xojlg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Amazing. This has been my first and only high end concealer. It doesn't even compare to drugstore concealers (and I've used a lot of those). It covers like a dream and stays put all day. I think I heard once that it's even designed to be waterproof, so you know the staying power is great. Only complaint I have, like everyone else will tell you, the pump sucks as it dispenses way too much product. Other than that it's awesome. Will continue to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2014 7:08:00 PM More reviews by CBNegron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Out of all the concealers I've used, this is definitely one of the best. Here are some Pros and Cons.

PROS:
-Medium to Full, buildable coverage
-One pump is generally enough for both eyes, or anywhere you need it on the face
-Great shade range
-Beautiful, satin, skin-line finish
-Looks great when used over/under foundation, brightens under eye area, and looks good if used all over the face as a foundation alone
-15 hour wear time
-Crease/smudge/humidity resistant

CONS:
-Comes in a glass bottle, so if it hits the countertop or any kind of tile, granite, or wood, it will most likely shatter into a million pieces
-The pump is sometimes hard to control, dispensing more product than needed
-MAY oxidize (I haven't had too many problems with this, but I know some who have)
-This seems to run out fairly quickly, if used on a daily basis, and once you get to the bottom of the bottle, it's hard to get the rest of the product out, and I'm pretty sure there is no way to twist the top off to get the leftovers towards the bottom, which contains at least 10% of the product

Despite its packaging flaws, this is a beautiful, full-coverage concealer that I will continue to re-purchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2014 6:43:00 PM More reviews by EboniBrandon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

Definitely heavier coverage than my beloved Moisturecover concealer. It covers extremely well, is thick and creamy. It does dry very quickly and despite the creaminess doesnt glide well on skin. Moisturizing and priming are musts with this or it may end up looking caked on or patchy. I would recommend working in sections as it dries quickly. Try to use a small brush or wedge sponge with this. Fingers dont seem to work well. It also stays put once set, dries to a matte finish and requires only a dusting of powder to set if any is ven needed at all. I have this in NC42 and use it for a subtle highlight. I can actually also use this on its own then dust my Studio Fix powder in NC45 over it and the rest of my face for a very perfect, no fuss but polished face.

My gripe is the pump. Great idea, but it just doesnt work for this product. The potential for wastage is massive as you have to be very careful about how much pressure you apply to the pump or product just jets out. I favour doefoot or squeeze tubes. I like this product over all and might.

I have loads of LA Girl HD concealers at a buck 99 cents each so would I repurchase the MAC PLW concealer? Maybe but not till I'm out of the ones I own as they do a great job for me.It's a great product, but nothing I cant live without and I still prefer the Moisturecover to the PLW.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 12:57:00 PM More reviews by NewEra

Best concealer ever. Gives great coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 8:56:00 AM More reviews by danielasantoro

This is one of the best concealer ever, I think. It covered my very very very dark circles perfectly and I use it also on my acne scars and it works very good. The texture was a little cicky and it tended to oxidate during the day, and those were the only cons I noticed. For my blue dark circles it's better using concealer with a pink undertone, so I had NW20 but it's quite dark so I will rebuy it in a lighter shade. The package was so good but I am really clumsy so I accidentally dropped it on the floor and broke it hahaha f*ck

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2014 5:40:00 AM More reviews by hellerenee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

YES! Finally found the perfect concealer! It lasts all day, brightens up the dark circles under my eyes, doesn't crease, stays in place...
The only con is the pump! It's awful. You can't control how much comes out, so you end up wasting a lot of product... It dispenses waaaaaaaayyyyy too much in one pump.
I have it in NC20.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2014 4:16:00 PM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

my color: NC20

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 11:52:00 AM More reviews by beanl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I really like MAC concealers and this is the best I've tried so far. It offers really good coverage - close to full -, comparable to MAC Studio Finish's. Even though this is a liquid concealer it is rather thick and dry in consistency - though not nearly as much as SF - and definitely not a moisturizing formula. Still, I only use it on my moisturized under eye area and it looks fairly natural. I don't like how it looks when applied with fingers though, and usually wear either a concealer or blending brush. For reference, I'm a NC30/35 and use the shade NW25, which is a perfect match.

The only reason I'm not giving it 5 lippies is because I don't like the packaging. I don't like that it's glass (apparently they can't change it because of the formula) and I definitely don't like the pump that dispenses way too much product. Such a waste of concealer...

Still, I love this and will definitely repurchase it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2014 9:12:00 PM More reviews by Paintedlily62

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my go to concealer. It has a moderately tacky consistency, but it stays put pretty well. I only have to touch it up once after it just sets and then it's fine. I do have to say that it is very important to properly moisturize prior to application. If you don't, then yes, it will show dry patches and sink into wrinkles. I love applying it with my beauty blender most, but fingers are good too. One negative thing, you often end up pumping a bit too much out...even so, it still lasts quite a long time even with regular use. A good beauty staple.