MAC Pro Longwear Concealer

4.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Methicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Laureth-7, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Sorbic Acid [may contain] (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 6/7/2015 7:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Holy grail alert!!!! I have been using this concealer for months. It's the only one that I've found that lasts on my face from morning to evening. To give you an idea of how oily I am, my nose is like a disco ball after one and a half hours. Yep. I always get oil breakthrough no matter what primers and potions I use, so most foundations and concealers just don't last long on me.

The coverage is full but natural. Consistency: thin and runny, easily layerable. Dries quickly.

Only drawback is the inefficiency of the pump. While hygienic, it dispenses too much product; have a small cosmetics pot handy so that you can dispense about half a pump into the pot, which you can then use over the next day or so (after a while the product become too tacky to blend, so you're better off just cleaning to pot and pumping anew).

Shades: there's quite a big gap between NC25 and NC35. I'm in between and I use NC25 and put a full coverage power foundation on top, which is working fine for me. I looked at NC30 and weirdly enough, it looks slightly lighter than NC25 and more beige than warm-toned. NC30 might be good for someone with medium, neutral skin tone.

EDIT: After experimentation, I've decided that NC35 suits me more, despite appearing darker/too warm in some lighting. It just provides so much more coverage. I read somewhere (Cosmetics Cop?) that if you're between concealer shades, you should go for the lighter, but I disagree with this advice.

on 6/5/2015 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have very mixed feeling about this concealer. Like the product itself, works amazing!! I use shade NW25 to pretty much conceal & highlight at the same time, but then again my dark circles are very minimum. The downside about it is that it does make me look a bit dry under my eye which makes me look a bit wrinkly. Maybe I will try moistourizing a lot more under my eye. I'm also not a fan of the packaging at all!! That pump wastes a lot of product I feel it pumps out too much and it's just hard to get the product out. Regardless I do like this product and will continue to use it.

I liked this concealer and I didn't. I got the shade NC20 and it may be just the shade but it was too orange and yellowy, however it does blend well. I have really bad under eye circles and it hardly convered them at all, it kept setting away from my under eye and creasing. I maybe would purchase this again but try a NW so it won't be as yellow but overall it is a good concealer and is not that pricey.

on 6/3/2015 7:07:00 AM

This concealer works an absolute dream for me in terms of both covering and brightening. I can use it under my eyes or on blemishes, although not on very dry areas like my nose or just areas that are feeling very dry on a particular day.

I use the shade NW15 because I like my concealers to be a shade lighter than my actual skin tone so I can use them to brighten my under-eyes. I ordered it online and when it came I thought it looked darker and warmer in the bottle than it'd looked when I'd seen swatches or people wearing it, but I find it comes out looking lighter and cooler.

As everyone else always says, the packaging is a major flaw. I gave the packing 1 for it having a pump at all, but the pump is so bad I couldn't possibly have given it anymore. It's near impossible to control how much product you dispense. I think I managed ONCE to do half a pump but have since been unable to figure out how I managed that. The amount that comes out in one pump is almost always too much for me, so I find myself wasting product nearly every time I use it. I can't figure out how/why MAC haven't fixed this problem yet because it's so talked about and infamous. The day they improve this is the day I go out and repurchase it.

on 6/2/2015 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

PROS

- good coverage
- long wearing
- shade selection
- blends well
- doesn't crease

CONS

- packaging

COMMENTS: It took me a while to get this stuff, but I really do like it. It blends and covers well. I don't have any issues with longevity. Concealers always crease under my eyes, but I'm happy to say that isn't an issue with this one. I really don't have anything bad to say about this, aside from the pump dispensing too much product. However, it really hasn't been an issue because I highlight the entire face with this anyway.

Will repurchase.

on 6/2/2015 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hello...guys so i am writing another review on MAC pro long wear concealer, so as you can tell from my ratings above I am loving the product I have already purchased the concealer again the other day actually and I am going to carry on doing so...My first bottle of concealer I had of this I received on Christmas just passed and seeing we are now in June it has lasted me along time I have used this product everyday and have A LOT of blemishes and spots so you can tell that how long it has lasted me (5 months nearly 6) so coming with all these advantages you can tell there must be an disadvantage and yes there are one or two that I think can be annoying which is 1) it can go cakey around spots especially my T-zone,but I think to help preventing this you just need to spend a little more time on circular motions making sure it's nicely set with a bit over powder over the top. (sorry this is dragging) I think the price is pretty good seeing it lasted me that long!!! Also you cant feel the concealer on your face like it is really light weight and it makes me feel so much more confident about my skin and seeing I go to school and do sports in the rain and sweating while doing it:( aha anyways overall I would recommend this product to anyone with any type of skin being that dry oily or spotty etc... thank you for taking you time to read ALLLL of this aha!:)

This is so fake looking.
The coverage, initially, seems full, but it fades.
If you have picked a spot, or have a particularly red spot, it will show through.
Under the eye i find it makes me look completely "blank" instead of awake. It does hide dark circles, but will reveal lines on teenage skin because it is so drying.
Invest in Clarins if you need a good under eye concealer that won't crease and will cover while keeping the area moisturised and young forever (whats the point in looking good only when we're young).

Just to add. I feel like Mac just make up the Nc/Nw thing, i find they all end up pulling slightly orange.

on 5/28/2015 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

One lippie off for the pump. Like so many others have mentioned it wastes a whole load of product and this stuff is too expensive to waste.

Another lippie off for the coverage. I use it to cover a dark and huge post-cystic acne spot. I brush on a thin layer with a small concealer brush and blend it with an ELF small stipple brush. Works great until it dries on my skin. Seems like some of the coverage diminishes after it dries. Have to put another layer which is kind of a pain. I have to be careful not to put on too thick of a application as it darkens and oxidizes if it's applied too thickly on my skin. Works fine in one application for minor spots though.

The pluses for this is the long lasting wear and even though I did dock a lippie for the coverage considering how liquid it is the coverage is pretty impressive. As for the wasted product from the blasted pump I found a way to put it to use: I pump on the back of my hand, use whatever I need for concealing and then mix the rest with my mineral sunscreen moisturizer at about 1:1 ratio. Then I use that as a tinted moisturizer to even out the rest of my face. My little "MAC Hack" as I call it works a lot better than any BB cream as it's light, has spf and it matches my skin tone exactly. In fact that works so well for me that it makes up for the pump so I'm giving back one lippie. Would repurchase this again just for how well it multitasks as concealer and 1/2 of my DIY BB cream. Still would like to see this in a squeeze tube or something else other than that pump.

Update: Flip flopping on whether to repurchase and after a few weeks of 90+ degree weather found that it stayed on my face. Also mastered the art of controlling the pump so that I get just the right amount. So I decided yes, will repurchase.

on 5/27/2015 4:30:00 AM

Best concealer. I've repurchased 4 times now. A bottle last a really long time. Great job with under eyes and spot concealing.
Hate the bottle it comes in. Pumps out way to much at a time and it can't get the end product out. Which is about probably a weeks worth of product left.
I don't get why people obsess over things needing to be a pump I find it such a waste of product. I like squeeze tubes.

on 5/26/2015 4:04:00 AM

Best product for under eye!

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Mac Pro Long Wear Concealer and Prep and Prime Highlighter Review by BeautynLifewSue

MAC Pro Longwear Concealer | First Impression (F.I.F) by Chloe Luckin