July 30, 2014 | 1952 users online

Concealers - MAC - Pro Longwear Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2014 5:47:00 PM More reviews by chickengifts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was really disappointed by the coverage of this product. For very dark eye circles, this does not cover that well. The same for acne. It's a very smooth product which makes it hard to build up the coverage.

Also, the pomp gives waay too much product, I've been using this about 3 months a few times a week, and the bottle is already halfway empty because so much product gets spilled.

However, I give it 3 lippies because it stays on for so long (actually stained my hand), and It doesn't crease (barely).

This product will be liked if you don't have very dark eye circles, or only slight discoloration on your face, and you want a concealer that is longlasting.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2014 3:45:00 AM More reviews by lifeofhei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I cannot go without this concealer in my makeup routine. It feels light on the skin, yet it covers anything and everything. I'm very pale and NC15 is a perfect match for me; the girl at the MAC counter tried a few on my jawline before we decided on the shade. I highly suggest letting them help you pick a color if you don't know your MAC shade; the NC/NW thing can be pretty confusing to figure out on your own.

It's creamy and easy to apply with any method; I prefer a sponge or my fingers, but a brush works just as well. Pro Longwear is great for blemishes, discoloration, and under the eyes, which is something I really look for in a product. It's super blendable and doesn't crease, but once it sets, it doesn't go ANYWHERE.

The one small gripe I have about the product is the pump on the packaging - a little concealer goes a LONG way, and it's near impossible to pump out a small amount! I try my best not to waste a drop, though, since it is pricy... Whatever I have left over when I've concealed my imperfections, I use to create a natural, subtle highlight and balance out the face.

Overall, MAC Pro Longwear Concealer gets a 10/10 for me and I have repurchased it twice already. Holy Grail status.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 9:44:00 PM More reviews by harmony7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Other, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After hesitating due to the price, I finally decided to purchase this because I needed a new concealer. It's in liquid form in a glass pump, which I like. To prevent it from dispensing too much product, I just press down slowly and stop when I have the right amount.

I bought it in NC45 and the shade matches perfectly! It covers my dark spots and it conceals my undereye area with minimal creasing. It also dries to a matte finish which I like because my skin gets oily/shiny. This is the best concealer I have used and it is worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2014 1:30:00 PM More reviews by SoraHime

I have been using this concealer since late autumn after trying a host of products in varying price range and this is the only product that had most of what I was looking for and needed. It still doesn't completely cover my dark circles but at least it does not cake or crease horribly. I find that I have to pump this product into a container with a tight lid as one pump is too much product to cover the area I need to.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2014 11:37:00 PM More reviews by coconut17

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HG product! This conceals so amazingly well and lasts all day! I also love that you only need a teeny tiny bit to get the job done- what an incredible product! Makes my skin look flawless!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2014 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Earthlynostalgia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've had the prolong wear concealer for a while now. I don't use it often simply because I find my under eyes to be to dry for it. If you have pretty dry skin like myself I would not recommend it. The bottle last ages though, and a little goes a long way. I did get this in Nc20 but i think Nw20 would have been better suited for covering my dark circles.
I'm not sure if i'll repurchase it. I mean it covers dark circles pretty good, it's just dry on my skin.If you have oilier skin i think this would work for you. It last a while and has a decent price which is the reason why i might want to repurchase it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2014 7:44:00 PM More reviews by peggytsui

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best concealer ever. I have repurchased this in NC20, and decided to get it in NW20 for my undereyes. It works on both undereyes and on any blemishes. The coverage is absolutely amazing, you need the smallest amount, a little goes a long way. The annoying thing about this concealer is that it always pumps out way too much, and you end up wasting quiet a bit of product. Also, it dries pretty quickly, so don't leave it on your face for too long before blending, or else, it will just stay there, unblended. This really is pro long wear as the name suggests, I have oily skin and nothing fades. It takes me about a year to go through one bottle, so it's definitely worth the money.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by helpmerhonda1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is so great!!! It has ended my search for an under eye concealer. Provides quick, full but believable coverage. Never masky looking. The pump takes some finessing, but this liquid is so versatile I never have trouble using up the amount dispensed. I use just a dab, not even a pea sized amount maybe half a pea - it does under both eyes with left over to mix with moisturizer for the rest of my face, or cover any redness or spots, mix with foundation for full coverage - whatever my face needs that day.

Only $19 & I can use it all over my face as opposed to the $15-30 for under eye specific concealers (tried Maybelline, NYX, NARS, Laura Mercier, Benefit & IT). Fabulous, matte coverage that somehow doesn't accent dry spot & last all day. Possible HG here...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2014 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

As per usual, I'm very late on the MAC bandwagon and have known about this concealer for a long while and have only just got round to buying it. Partly because there's no MAC counter near me (boohoo), and partly because I have loved my Benefit concealers (Boing and Erase Paste) for the best part of a year and have had no desire to change (I'm a creature of habit).
However, I thought I'd take the plunge and get it when I visited a MAC counter recently. Unfortunately, I suffer with eczema/rosacea on the face and it makes me incredibly depressed hence the reason I need a heavy duty concealer that not only covers and looks natural but that highlights without making my dry skin noticeable.
As soon as I put the Pro Longwear to my under eye area I audibly went 'oooooo' at the result. It is very thick in consistency, almost to the point of being like a foundation, and the amount of coverage you get from one tiny pump is unbelievable. You really need to half the amount you use because you get so much coverage from one little blob. It covers my dark circles, any redness from the eczema disappears completely and it lasts all day without reapplication for me. I really don't know how I have gone this long without it, it blows any other concealer I have ever used completely out of the water. HG status really doesn't go far enough to express my love of it.
There are only two reasons that stop me from giving it full marks. One is that the packaging hacks me off no end. The pump always manages to dispense too much product, no matter how lightly I press I always end up having way more than needed. Although, I have mastered a way in which to spread it out so it covers both eyes, I would just far rather they rethought the packaging. The second reason is that this is a hugely dry formula, probably owing to the fact its full coverage, but I have dry skin already and it can make it feel particularly dried out come the end of the day. However I do not experience any itchiness or irritation with this product like I do with some other foundations/concealers.
Overall, I am very much in love with MAC pro longwear. I'm very tempted to go online and order a backup because I'm not sure I could ever go back to other concealers having used this one. Love it, definitely recommend and repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2014 10:23:00 PM More reviews by LindseyAnne

This is one product I have been trying over and over to like, but after numerous chances, I hate to say that this product totally disappointed me. Honestly after reading such amazing reviews, I thought my only concern would be the annoying pump bottle. Unfortunately though, that was the least of my concerns. I'm a long time user of the Studio Finish concealer in the pot, which I find works amazing, but I wanted something a little more heavy duty that would hold up better than the Studio Finish. This application is nice. It's thin but still very pigmented and easy to blend. However, I don't find that it wears well at all. It just looks SO dry. and I have oily skin so usually I like products to be a little drier and a little more matte. This however, makes my skin so dry that a few hours into the day, I suddenly have very obviously dry, ugly skin where I put the concealer. Especially under my eyes. I also find that it gets patchy as it wears. My skin just looks like it's in horrible shape when I wear this. I've tried everything to make it work but I'm definitely going to go back to my Studio Finish concealer.