Urban Decay De-Slick Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray

3.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water), SD-Alcohol 39-C(alcohol denat), Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Isononyl Isononanoate, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Sodium Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, PVP, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Methyl Diisopropyl Propionamide, Methyl Methacrylate Cross Polymer, Dimethicone PEG-7 Phosphate, Gluconolactone, Sodium Benzoate, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Glycereth-5 Lactate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Fragrance.

on 9/15/2014 7:42:00 PM

Best setting spray I've ever used- not too dewy, not too matte. Just right for my taste. Bought on recommendation from a friend, and have repurchased multiple times. Larger bottle has better spray (more of a mist) than travel bottle, but keep my travel bottle to refill for convenience. Good for long wear, but realistic common sense is that of course one with oily skin will still experience some shine by day's end. I have combination skin and am impressed with this product's valiant performance in humid Savannah weather. Even better performance in cooler seasons!

on 9/12/2014 6:24:00 PM

This had all the makings of a perfect makeup setting spray. It applies nicely, dries quickly, doesn't burn or irritate, has no noxious odors, and is incredibly effective in keeping my makeup matte looking for the majority of the day. Unfortunately, it makes me break out. It's extremely disappointing to me that it has this effect on my skin, because other than that it performs so well, and I wish that I could include it in my everyday makeup routine. I will definitely keep this product around, but I will save it for occasional use and follow up with mint julep mask after washing my makeup off to try to counteract the effects on my face.

on 9/10/2014 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have repurchased this product a few times and have used it up every single time because I would rather spritz my face with this rather than any other spray when I'm touching up later in the day. However, I have never been wowed by it. It's quite underwhelming actually. It does nothing for my very oily skin, despite my realistic expectations of accepting that I am going to get shiny and will need to blot. Also, several people have mentioned to me that this product will take the "cakey" or "powdery" look away, but from what I've seen, it doesn't. Will not be repurchasing this anymore.

on 8/25/2014 11:50:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

It didn't wow me but certainly helped. Considering that I live in Miami, which is very very humid, I think it did a decent job. Perhaps I get better results in a less humid weather.

on 8/13/2014 3:49:00 PM

To be completely honest, I don't feel like this did much. It does take away the powdery finish on my face and make it for of a natural finish but other than that I don't notice to much of a change. I will continue to use and probably re purchase since I use mineral makeup and feel like setting spray is a must- but don't expect this to be some sort of miracle worker.

on 8/4/2014 12:05:00 AM

after hearing missglamorazzi rave so much about this i thought it would be my holy grail. but i was wrong. It has a sort of chemically scent, it did absolutely nothing to control oil, even if i powdered before and after applying it, it was all a mess. Thank god i bought the travel size. I will go back to my mac's fix plus, it's a bit more affordable and does a better job at oil control and setting makeup than de-slick. Disappointed.

on 8/3/2014 2:16:00 AM

I bought this product because everyone seems to love it and it is not too pricey, so i thought why not?. First of all, i have a combination skin, my t-zone and inner side of my cheeks are SUPER oily, so i really need to have a product that can prevent my face from being oily and keep the makeup all day. I used it once when i did my makeup for my friend's party. I put my moisturizers, primer, set it with powder ( got this tip from wayne goss), spray the makeup setting spray, did the rest of my makeup, spray the makeup setting spray once more, and put powder again because the setting spray gave me somewhat oily finish. I really didn't mind but I expected it to be amazing since i put quiet a lot efforts to do the makeup. Had the makeup for around 8 hours that day. I faded but i still have some foundation left on my face (which is quiet good) , my face was kinda oily but it wasnt as oily as usual (I have blotted my face though).

so to me, this product does work but it's not super amazing or anything like that. I hate the oily finish that it gives me after i spray it on my face though, i can set it with powder but what piss me off is even after i put powder on top of it it's not that amazing. It also feels a little bit sticky too, so i definitely won't repurchase. Maybe it's just not for me.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have sensitive combination skin. I get REALLY oily in the T zone area and sometimes I get really dry everywhere else. This product didn't do anything for me. I already use an oil control primer (Bare Minerals) and an eyeshadow primer (TwoFaced) so as far as my makeup lasting all day I was set. I wanted this setting spray to help with the oil control in my T zone and it didn't. I would say if you have normal skin this is the product for you, but for my oily girls KEEP LOOKING.

I have extremely oily skin, so I use this as a primer and setting spray. It does work to reduce oil and I'm definitely not as oily as I used to be, but it doesn't completely mattify my face the whole day. I would definitely reccomend this to someone who has only moderately oily skin, because then it would work great, but if you have really oily skin, you may need to find something else to use with it.

on 7/23/2014 3:39:00 AM

I have tried out both the Urban Decay Oil Control and the Stay Put makeup settling spray. I am not impressed. I have allergies during the spring/summer and fall months so I purchased this product in hopes that the spray would combat my extremely watery eyes. Not impressed. It's as if I bought a bottle of water and was told misting this onto my skin would keep my makeup put. No. Also, I have a very oily T-zone 2-3 hours after my foundation application. I do not feel the "oil control" bottle eliminates the "greasy feeling" by any means. I will not buy again. Not worth it. Use a powder instead and you'll get much better results.

Popular Primer/ Correctors