October 25, 2014 | 1687 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Urban Decay - De-Slick Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2014 8:33:00 AM More reviews by sawitham

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I tried several different different ways of spraying this on my face but it does not apply evenly as it is a pump action bottle, I think an aerosol would be better. I did not find that it helped with the shine or oil that my skin produces. I purchase the deslick powder and found that much better :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2014 9:43:00 AM More reviews by Peskypixie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Hate the name and the pump. Product is ok, but I've found you really need to spray on a synthetic brush -- Sephora #50 powder-- and dab in oily prone areas. Afterwards I will go over with setting powder (despite directions) as it disturbs your makeup whether you spray or brush on. This will extend wear significantly except in high humidity & nothing can help that. BURNS undereyes, avoid!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2014 8:44:00 AM More reviews by Deedianne

I felt this product did nothing for me. When I applied the spray my face would still be oily after an hour or so.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2014 7:05:00 PM More reviews by glamorgurlbeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have only been using this for 4 days but i have already noticed a great change in the staying power of my makeup through out the day!
I know this is the oil control one it has helped a little bit with the oil because usually my makeup will slide right off but with this no matter how much hard lifting i do to break a sweat my makeup still looks nice!

I have noticed that with my drugstore cheap foundations this will help my makeup stay on all day even though it isnt perfect (usually with in 4-5 hrs my makeup has worn off)

My High end foundations look perfect and stay in place all day with this (usually lasting 6-8 hrs)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2014 12:55:00 PM More reviews by MissXMx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I usually really love Urban Decay products - especially their eye shadow primers. I got this setting spray after it was recommended to me by one of the girls on the Urban Decay counter - I have very oily skin so my make up has usually slid off my face by lunchtime. She told me to apply it before and after applying make up.

It doesn't matter how I try and apply this - my skin feels oilier than ever. If anything, my make up seems to stay on less time than without it.

I'm disappointed as it cost quite a lot and I expected more from it after using other urban decay products. I wouldn't buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2014 10:13:00 AM More reviews by ldyshallott

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

this stuff sucks. waste of money, i bought the travel size, used it as directed on the box, and was a greaseball 2 hours later. the new nyx blotting powder does a better job for less than half the price. i will be returning this and getting my money back.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2014 11:22:00 AM More reviews by NicoleM96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

You know im kinda torn on this stuff to be honest. I have horrible oily skin, which after about two hours of applying makeup the oil will show through. So I saw this and thought why not give it a try. I like the way its semi cooling and feels nice to spray on the face but my oil still came through in about three hours. Maybe I have a weird face that insists on always being oily no matter what. I tried the all nighter one which seemed to work better on keeping my makeup in place throughout the day. I hope this product works way better for you guys then it did for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2014 10:51:00 AM More reviews by effinxmandy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Is that a choir of angels I hear singing? Have my prayers been answered? Yes. Yes. Yes!

My skin is oily - and I mean OILY. I swear to you I've tried everything. Veils, primers, matte foundation, blotting tissues, ect. But 2 hrs into my day I'm a lost cause. Even touch ups only last a short time before my face is pumping out the oil once again. It's the most frustrating thing I face when I apply make up (no pun intended, hahahaha)

This is my HG! I purchased this at Ulta for I believe $29. After hearing my woes, the manager sent me straight to this spray. It's a large bottle, which is nice. I was surprised actually at the amount and expect it to last awhile. I apply one "X" spritz after moisturizing right before it's about to dry then let the spray dry completely. I then apply my make up per usual and spritz another "X" then "T" formation the way the bottle says. I was worried at first it'd run my make up, but alas it did not.

This stuff seriously keeps me matte for hours and hours. I may get a little dewy by my nose and a bit on my chin but nothing, NOTHING compared to my other failed attempts. I'm so mad at myself for not picking this up sooner and wasting so much money on other junk products.

It also keeps my makeup looking fresh and helps with "cake face". Seriously a must have.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 1:36:00 AM More reviews by aleshoane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Skintype - oily and dehydrated. Blotting was a terrible solution as it stripped my makeup off, leaving it looking patchy, and I hated powdering since it made me look old and cakey. I adore a dewey, glowy finish but as we all know it just doesn't last on oily skin - I blame it on my Asian genetics.

HOWEVER. Here, folks, is the solution to the above. My process is to moisturize, spritz five or six sprays of this miracle in a bottle on a clean face, let dry, apply foundation/concealer/assorted powder products, spritz again for a moisturizing effect and to lock it all in place. So not only is it a great primer, it keeps you matte without looking TOO matte?!? LOVE.

I have worked 8 hour shifts and my makeup remains dewy, still intact - perhaps a tad oilier, but that is to be expected. My face stays matte and flawless for over 6 hours - and as I work in a hot oven kitchen for 5 to 8 hour shifts, that is no joke.

For the record I have used Ben Nye's Final Seal and UD's All Nighter before. Final Seal was fantastic for hard core long lasting properties but it didn't make my skin dewy or look any better; UD's All Nighter just didn't have the same oil control as this one.

At $19 for a 2 oz bottle that says what it does on the bottle and more, I will be repurchasing fo sho.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 6:07:00 PM More reviews by AnEnglishRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is pure witchcraft.

I have never had my blush stay put all day until I tried this product. I don't have terribly oily skin on its own, but I do wear a good amount of face products under my foundation that tend to get oily. (Namely, sunscreen and Armani luminous silk foundation which is not known for its staying power). My blush would wear off and my foundation would slip from my nose, chin, and forehead. Until I found this!

At the end of the day: My eye makeup does not budge. My blush is still on my cheeks. My face isn't oily, but it's also not too matte. I feel like I have a dewy look to my skin, which is what I'm going for.

My routine: I use MUFE HD primer in pink, Armani luminous silk foundation, primer potion under my eye shadow, and a couple different Nars blushes layered together. Once I'm done with my makeup, I make sure to mist my face with this setting spray, concentrating on my eyes and my cheeks.

Some cons: The smell sometimes gets to me. It fades right away, but for a minute you're stuck in a mist of fragrance like hairspray. The spray also feels a little heavy at first - it reminds me of when I used to wear heavier face products with fuller coverage. It's not something that bothers me, but it is something to note.

**I bought the travel size. Will be repurchasing the full sized product once I run out.