September 2, 2014 | 1853 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Urban Decay - De-Slick Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2014 11:22:00 AM More reviews by NicoleM96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

You know im kinda torn on this stuff to be honest. I have horrible oily skin, which after about two hours of applying makeup the oil will show through. So I saw this and thought why not give it a try. I like the way its semi cooling and feels nice to spray on the face but my oil still came through in about three hours. Maybe I have a weird face that insists on always being oily no matter what. I tried the all nighter one which seemed to work better on keeping my makeup in place throughout the day. I hope this product works way better for you guys then it did for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2014 10:51:00 AM More reviews by effinxmandy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Is that a choir of angels I hear singing? Have my prayers been answered? Yes. Yes. Yes!

My skin is oily - and I mean OILY. I swear to you I've tried everything. Veils, primers, matte foundation, blotting tissues, ect. But 2 hrs into my day I'm a lost cause. Even touch ups only last a short time before my face is pumping out the oil once again. It's the most frustrating thing I face when I apply make up (no pun intended, hahahaha)

This is my HG! I purchased this at Ulta for I believe $29. After hearing my woes, the manager sent me straight to this spray. It's a large bottle, which is nice. I was surprised actually at the amount and expect it to last awhile. I apply one "X" spritz after moisturizing right before it's about to dry then let the spray dry completely. I then apply my make up per usual and spritz another "X" then "T" formation the way the bottle says. I was worried at first it'd run my make up, but alas it did not.

This stuff seriously keeps me matte for hours and hours. I may get a little dewy by my nose and a bit on my chin but nothing, NOTHING compared to my other failed attempts. I'm so mad at myself for not picking this up sooner and wasting so much money on other junk products.

It also keeps my makeup looking fresh and helps with "cake face". Seriously a must have.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 1:36:00 AM More reviews by aleshoane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Skintype - oily and dehydrated. Blotting was a terrible solution as it stripped my makeup off, leaving it looking patchy, and I hated powdering since it made me look old and cakey. I adore a dewey, glowy finish but as we all know it just doesn't last on oily skin - I blame it on my Asian genetics.

HOWEVER. Here, folks, is the solution to the above. My process is to moisturize, spritz five or six sprays of this miracle in a bottle on a clean face, let dry, apply foundation/concealer/assorted powder products, spritz again for a moisturizing effect and to lock it all in place. So not only is it a great primer, it keeps you matte without looking TOO matte?!? LOVE.

I have worked 8 hour shifts and my makeup remains dewy, still intact - perhaps a tad oilier, but that is to be expected. My face stays matte and flawless for over 6 hours - and as I work in a hot oven kitchen for 5 to 8 hour shifts, that is no joke.

For the record I have used Ben Nye's Final Seal and UD's All Nighter before. Final Seal was fantastic for hard core long lasting properties but it didn't make my skin dewy or look any better; UD's All Nighter just didn't have the same oil control as this one.

At $19 for a 2 oz bottle that says what it does on the bottle and more, I will be repurchasing fo sho.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 6:07:00 PM More reviews by AnEnglishRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is pure witchcraft.

I have never had my blush stay put all day until I tried this product. I don't have terribly oily skin on its own, but I do wear a good amount of face products under my foundation that tend to get oily. (Namely, sunscreen and Armani luminous silk foundation which is not known for its staying power). My blush would wear off and my foundation would slip from my nose, chin, and forehead. Until I found this!

At the end of the day: My eye makeup does not budge. My blush is still on my cheeks. My face isn't oily, but it's also not too matte. I feel like I have a dewy look to my skin, which is what I'm going for.

My routine: I use MUFE HD primer in pink, Armani luminous silk foundation, primer potion under my eye shadow, and a couple different Nars blushes layered together. Once I'm done with my makeup, I make sure to mist my face with this setting spray, concentrating on my eyes and my cheeks.

Some cons: The smell sometimes gets to me. It fades right away, but for a minute you're stuck in a mist of fragrance like hairspray. The spray also feels a little heavy at first - it reminds me of when I used to wear heavier face products with fuller coverage. It's not something that bothers me, but it is something to note.

**I bought the travel size. Will be repurchasing the full sized product once I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2013 10:08:00 AM More reviews by silMUA

I purchased this product on an impulse while waiting in line at my local Ulta. It was the sample bottle. I tend to have an oily t-zone, and this product does a decent job at keeping me oil free for a few hours. I love this product more for the fact that it keeps my makeup from budging all day. I actually used this on my friends makeup for her summer engagement party and let me tell you! Her face was flawless all day even through the scorching heat. I would definitely repurchase this

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2013 12:52:00 AM More reviews by Missbozzer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have very oily skin and lately after buying this product I can not live without it !! I use it everyday and it helps alot with my oil control (: sure I might have to blot maybe a little here and there were once in awhile but now I'm a little more confident about having not to worry about bloting my face every five seconds !!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 10:09:00 AM More reviews by lovetoshop31

This stuff is amaazzzing - my only regret is waiting so long to purchase. I have combo skin and blot a couple times throughout the day. I was using MAC's Fix+ which doesn't even TOUCH this stuff. De-Slick works throughout the day, keeps my skin matte, and keeps my makeup in place all day long. No blotting needed, refreshes skin when sprayed, a great primer as well before applying makeup and great for setting makeup once applied. LOVE this stuff - will continue to purchase over and over again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 2:17:00 AM More reviews by gggabriela

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this stuff is de-shit!! seriously. I used to use MAC's Fix+ but after a few hours my face would become really oily and I would need to blot about twice a day. since it claims to have oil control I decided to give it a try and im so happy I did! i have to say this is by far my favorite setting spray ever! I have found my new bff! the way I use: when im done with my entire make up I spray about 4 times. I wait for it to dry then I go over my t zone with a little bit of translucent powder and this usually does the trick! hope this review is helpful.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by itsmetee

I am so confused. Maybe I am not using it properly, but for me, it does not work.

I am not looking for ultra matte, but semi-matte until lunchtime at least would be nice. I have oily skin and tried using before and after foundation; leaving it to dry for at least 10 minutes before applying anything else; with powder and no powder and nada.

So I guess it's not for me. Price-wise, I got this on offer from Debenhams (UK), so not too bad, but really, for nearly £20 - I would expect more.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by LeslieXo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This setting spray is fabulous, my skin is excessively oily and this stuff does a great job keeping my skin. Doesn't last all day but as I said I am excessively oily ! Since I've been using this I've been needing way fewer touch ups throughout the day/night. One bottle lasted me almost a year and that is with daily use. Overall very impressed.