November 28, 2014 | 1794 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2014 10:37:00 AM More reviews by henrysmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I am one of those ladies who is never faithful to one foundation for long; I am always looking for the next best thing to help my skin look more youthful and fresh, while covering some of my discoloration and light sun spots. I use all types of foundations, from drugstore to high-end, from tinted moisturizer to full coverage, but don't stick with any one very long. Well, I have finally found a foundation that I love, have re-bought and will buy again! This stull is amazing! On my minimal makeup days I still wear BB cream, but for work days, or for going out, this is my new HG! Read some good reviews from ladies in my age group and thought I'd give this a try.I got it for $4.49 (!!) on sale at Target. It comes in a tube, which I like, but you do have to be careful to not let too much come out as it is a liquid rather than a cream really. It looks much darker in the tube than on the face. I am a somewhat ruddy NW20, but my base color is somewhat neutral. If I can't get a perfect color match, I prefer a foundation to be a little warmer, especially in summer when I wear brighter colors. I bought both 100 Ivory and 103 True Ivory. True Ivory is a bit warmer, but to me they are extremely close in color, and I can actually get away with wearing either one, although I prefer the True Ivory right now. I think in winter I might prefer the Ivory but we'll see. I use my fingers to apply this, and find using a small amount is best; using too much can look cakey. I have also used a beauty blender, but prefer the fingers. I don't like foundation brushes but imagine this would stipple in well with a stippling brush as well. It does not have any real detectable odor and does not have sunscreen. I apply it over my moisturzer/sunscreen; I do not use a seperate primer. This provides me what I would call a medium satin coverage. I can still see my freckles, etc through it but only barely. It actualyly looks better about 15 min after I put it on. I find it lasts throughout my work day (( am a nurse), even in hot weather. I don't use powder to set it, but might dab my nose in the afternoon if it looks shiny. It does take a little bit of work to apply evenly, despite having silicone in it and does feel a bit tacky for a few minutes afterwards, but dries nicely to a satin finish. I used to not like silicones in my makeup, but now at 55 years old I find it just makes my skin look better. When I wear this foundation I keep looking at my skin and thinking "Wow you look good!", it does not cake into my fine lines and pores. I am even getting compliments on my skin again. I wish there were more colors to choose from, I imagine anyone lighter than NW20 would not find a match here, but if you are not, I would try it. I recommend buying from a store that takes returns of open makeup, buying a few colors and giving it a try!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2014 6:15:00 PM More reviews by MollyDollDoll

The color selection is so limited; I don't know why they named the lightest colour ivory when it came out orange. I tried using it as a spot concealer for pimples and it fell off within an hour, ans my skin isn't very oily. I bought this because of the reviews on here and it was a waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2014 11:38:00 AM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I bought this on a whim at Target. I've been using Double Wear Light, which I really like, but it doesn't hold up very well in humidity. So when I saw that this stuff was light weight, sweat, and water proof, I had to try it. I purchased this is 200 Soft Beige. The color match was great. In fact, when I put it next to my Double Wear Light Intensity 2, I couldn't tell which was which. In fact, I would say that the Rimmel Lasting Finish could almost be called a dupe for Double Wear Light. The texture and coverage are very similar to the the Double Wear Light. I think the Rimmel foundation might have slightly better coverage. Having said all that, you are probably wondering why I only gave this product one lippie. The reason why is because even though I like this foundation, my skin definitely doesn't. Shortly after I applied it, my skin started to burn. It also felt irritated and even more red than normal. There is something in this product that I'm allergic to. I suspect it might be the fragrance. This foundation has a pretty strong, almost floral scent to it. My skin doesn't usually do very well with heavily fragranced products. I'm really bummed though, because if it wasn't for the irritation/burning sensation, I would probably repurchase this product. But obviously, I'm not going to use something I'm allergic to. So this is going back to the store. I also purchased the Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation, and didn't have an allergic reaction to that, so I suspect it's the fragrance. Bummer!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2014 7:40:00 PM More reviews by saramoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I did not expect this foundation to be as good as it is. The packaging is very simple-- just a plain plastic tube. I actually like this style of packaging as it is easy to throw in a drawer or take with you while you travel. The foundation has a heavier medium coverage with a slight dewey finish. I find I get best results with a primer (I use Benefit Porefessional). Using a powder is required for this foundation otherwise my face looks too shiny (I have combination skin with an oily t-zone). I get good blemish coverage and it does not settle into my fine lines. It also blends over dry areas of my skin very nicely. It doesn't highlight dry, flakey skin areas like some foundations do.

The shade range is very poor. I happen to match one of the shades almost perfectly so this foundation works very well for me. If you don't match the shades I wouldn't recommend this product, but otherwise it is a very good foundation especially considering the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2014 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Jessicalw96

I love this foundation ! It gives me a perfect finish if I apply the rimmel stay Matt power on top it lasts me a full day, I only need to apply a bit of power after 6 hours as I tend to get a little shinny but that's not really a problem for me. It gives great coverage if I apply 2 layers, I would say it's a medium to full coverage. I will be buying a second bottle when it runs out, I apply this foundation with my real techniques face brush and I will be trying it out with a beauty blender and stippling brush to see what gives the best finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2014 2:46:00 AM More reviews by Alison1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great foundation! Really good coverage and lasts ages. I bought this in ivory and it's the perfect match for my skin. It has a slightly dewy finish when you apply which is nice and the product is excellent value for money! I've used lots of foundations such as dior, clarins, mac and this is just as good without the big price tag! I was also really surprised I didn't react to this foundation. I have very sensitive and intolerant skin and sometimes get a blotchy rash with skin care products... Not with this one which I was really pleased about! I'll definitely but again!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2014 6:33:00 PM More reviews by emmacurtis8

I like this foundation! It's a light-medium coverage but it build able. The colour suits me well. It's easy to apply. Affordable. Don't need a lot of it. I wouldn't say it keeps my face completely matte throughout the day, but I put Rimmel's Stay Matte Translucent powder on top which does the job. Again, I wouldn't say it stays on for 25hours but I lasts a school day which is good enough for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2014 4:51:00 PM More reviews by Sarahbrowne123

This foundation is amazing . I used to use "Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid" in the colour ivory which seemed like the perfect colour after my holidays . After a few months it started to look orange on me which I hate.. I was in boots and was looking for a new foundation I picked this one up as my friend recommended it and It is the best foundation I have ever used. I use the colour ivory it is perfect. The coverage is great ( I use collection lasting perfection concealer and rimmel stay matte powder) I don't wear it for 25 hours I usually wear it from 10:30am-9:30pm and it lasts all that time ... I have oily/combination skin and it minimises my pores and shininess . I would highly recommend this

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2014 8:32:00 AM More reviews by lilrimmel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

OMG PRAISE THE LORD. This is the best foundation I've ever tried. I was in Boots looking for a foundation because I was yet to find a foundation that works and looks good on me (including the colour, texture, coverage, etc.) and I saw this. I was so pleased at the range of colours and how pale they went so I picked up the light porcelain and it was the perfect match. I was comparing it to the other Rimmel foundations and, I have to say, this was by far the best. I think that it is better than the Wake Me Up foundation because that one is shimmery and it wasn't matte (it was very obvious you were wearing foundation) and you get way more in the Lasting Finish bottle than Wake Me Up!
It has a great coverage, it is not cakey, they have all the skin tones, the packaging is beautiful and the price was absolutely amazing. In no way did it react to my skin at all, it did indeed last all day - I only had to do some slight redoes with my concealer - and it just felt so smooth and great on my skin. I was also surprised how sweet is smelled - it wasn't all factory and make-up smell, it actually had it's own scent to it. The texture is perfect and it doesn't even look like you're wearing foundation. I would DEFINITELY recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 10:00:00 PM More reviews by catmj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have light to light-medium yellow-undertones in my skin. I haven't found a drugstore foundation that 1) stays matte, won't make me look like an oil factory and 2) has the right balance of yellow (most are too pink or too orange). I was pleasantly surprised when I compared the ingredients of this drugstore holy grail item with my stila and sephora go-tos: mostly the same, in the same order, same staying power. I wear true ivory 103. LOVE this. I am a sweaty SWEATY person, and this does great in the Mid Atlantic humidity! And for the price?? ABSOLUTELY. Note-- I have the true ivory 103 in the plastic triangular tube, not the glassy cylinder.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No