Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

3.7

Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG, PPG 10, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Talc, Silica Silylate, Sodium PCA, C12 15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Stearate, Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Acrylates, C12 22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Bis PEG, PPG 14, 14 Dimethicone, Laureth 7, Lecithin, Tribehenin, Amodimethicone, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Trihydroxystearin, Dimethiconol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Parfum (Fragrance), Xanthan Gum, Propylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Laureth 4, Sodium Sulfate, BHT, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Geranoil, Alpha Isomethyl, Ionone, Citronellol, May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide Cl 77891, Iron Oxides ( CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) (Feburary 2015, glass bottle with red cap ingredients) - titanium dioxide, octinoxate, water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, cetylpeg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, talc, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium pca, silica silylate, C12 15 Alkyl ethylhexanoate, magnesium sulfate, zinc stearate, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, acrylates/C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, BisPEG/PPG-14/14 dimethicone, amodimethicone, laureth 7, lecithin, tribehenin, disteardimonium hectorite, phenoxyethanol, trihydroxystearin, chlorphenesin, dimethiconol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, xanthan gum, fragrance, pentylene glycol, tocopheryl acetate, propylene carbonate, hydroxyethyl cellulose, glycerin, citric acid, fructose, sodium hydroxide, urea, laureth-4, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, butylphenyl methlyproprional, allantoin, maltose, sodium chloride, sodium lactate, sodium sulfate, trehalose, benzyl salicylate, linalool, geraniol, bht, citronellol, alpha-isomethyl ionone, glucose, sodium hyaluronate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, iron oxides

on 4/11/2015 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

First off, I just want to say that this is the absolute, hands down, best drugstore foundation I have ever tried. I have tried Maybelline, L'Oreal, covergirl, Revlon, you name it. But, this one is by far the best.

This foundation lasted all day, of course I did touch up with some powder, but that was once. It lasted me about 15 hours. That includes, walking to school, gym class, work, and all the way till I am done working out. I found that the product was not sticky, or tacky at all. It felt like I wasn't wearing any foundation at all. It is not heavy for a thicker foundation, which surprised me. Also, since I have very oily-acne prone skin, it didn't make me oily at all, just a little in my t-zone. One of the main things I noticed was that it didn't break me out at all, thank god. I have such a hard time picking foundation since most of them all break me out, But, this one does not at all. It didn't enhance my acne either, which is good.

The shade I got was True Ivory, and let me just say I suck at picking the right colour. But, this colour matches so perfectly, I cant even describe how proud I was in picking the colour. The foundation is very bendable and has a nice medium to full coverage. It went very smooth on my skin during the application. I used my fingers to blend it in and found that it is my favourite way to apply it. I used the blending brush and thought it looking alright, but using your fingers. seems to make it look more natural. The finish of it was like velvet in way, I guess. Its not matte or shimmery, it just has this smooth radiant set to it. It is not like a cakey finish look at al, unlike some foundations like the L'Oreal infallible pro matte foundation. The foundation makes it look like your skin just evened out.

Any way, I paid about $7 in Canada for the rimmel foundation, and I would highly recommend it to everyone. This is such an amazing product for such a great price. Just go and try it for yourself.

on 4/11/2015 8:08:00 PM

This is my everyday wear foundation! I bought the colour Ivory, which is a perfect match to my non tanned face! I would say this foundation gives a light to medium coverage, and could be built up to a full coverage if necessary. The packaging is excellent as it comes with a pump and a nice designed bottle! As for the day wear, I'd say it stayed well put on my face throughout my day, but only with a powder. I prefer not to use powder on my combination skin as it tends to stick to and dry out certain parts of my face! So now I tend to apply it only to my nose and my under eyes (to set my concealer) But if powder is a great asset to your daily makeup then I think you could really get along with this foundation:) it's a great purchase, and I will defiantly be purchasing again until something better comes along.

on 4/9/2015 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I really ended up enjoying this foundation for everyday use. I find I use this foundation in lieu of my fuller-coverage, matte ones because it looks and feels more natural. Also, I believe that it may be the comfort serum in the formula that makes the foundation feel smooth and blendable. Applied with a damp sponge, the finish is very flattering and almost dewy. I think some may describe the consistency as sticky, but I actually like it - it gives a hydrated effect.
I would say this foundation is medium coverage but definitely buildable up to a fuller one. Those with more problematic skin may not find this to meet their needs.

My final word on this is that oily-skinned types like myself should be forewarned that touch-ups & blotting are a must with this foundation because the claim that it is 25-hour lasting is completely a stretch. However, I am willing to overlook this because this foundation fulfills every other need of mine.

I got this after seeing that so many people loved it (and the fact that it was marked down to £4 helped too) and I don't see what other people see in this product to be honest

First of all let me say that the packaging is pretty nice, the bottle looks great in my opinion and I love the fact that it has a pump, it just makes it so easy to control how much I end up using on my face

As for the product inside, lets just say I'm not so thrilled by it, first of all the main thing that hits me is the smell, I'm not particularly sensitive to scent but the smell of this stuff makes me retch, I found it really hard to put this on just because of the smell honestly

The coverage is really good on this product but the formulation is also really thick which makes it pretty hard to blend, I spent about 8 minutes with a brush, a sponge and my fingers trying to get this stuff to sit naturally on my face, I honestly can't do it

I'm using the lightest shade they had which is Ivory (I'm sand beige in Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup and NC20 In MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation by the way) so if you're really light then there isn't a shade for you I'm afraid

Having said that I looked through several of the Rimmel counters here in Manchester and the darkest shade they offer isn't that dark, it's more of a light brown so if you're really dark I can't see you finding a shade either T_T

The staying power on this product is actually really good, it lasted me the 12 hours at college easily with one touch up at 12pm during my lunch break, most foundations can't last that well on me at all so props for that

If you can get over the smell, find a shade for you and find a way of blending it quickly then this is a great quality cheaply priced foundation and I would recommend checking it out, if not then move on, there's nothing for you here

on 4/8/2015 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I decided to give this a try after I saw so many good reviews for it on YouTube. I returned it after a frustrating week of experimenting and trying to get it to work. The finish looked nice, immediately after application but this is the stickiest foundation I have ever used and it never seemed to set! Even after a major dusting of powder on top, it would feel sticky again within an hour. I tried everything. I applied it with my fingers, a beauty blender and a brush. I tried buffing it in, sheering it out, using primer and setting spray and applying it to bare skin. The coverage was ok but when I tried to build it some, it just became gooey. The formula is thick and has a gel-like consistency that I thought was nice at first but it ended up feeling heavy on my skin. It is hard to get out of the bottle which desperately needs a pump. I have oily, fair skin and the lightest shade was workable but unfortunately the heavy, sticky formula was a big fail for me :(

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great shade range but horrible formula. Feels sticky on my face (maybe from spf) and didn't like the coverage. even the 'full coverage' one wasn't full coverage on me. I'm assuming it's because of the spf in it. wont repurchase. 👎

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have this foundation in 010 Porcelain and 091 Light Ivory. I bought Porcelain first because there were no testers and I assumed it would be my shade since I'm so pale but it ended up being a tad too light so I bought Light Ivory and it looks much more natural on me. I don't mind having to buy two since it was only $7 a bottle. Light Ivory is almost a perfect match for me.

I love the packaging, very sleek glass bottle with a pump and a cap. I hear the the US version doesn't have a pump though. I don't think the Canadian formula has SPF in it, since I haven't seen any indication of it on the bottle, but that's okay with me since I always wear sunscreen under my makeup anyways.

The finish of this foundation is very smooth and natural looking (I use a damp sponge to apply) and I would say it has a medium to full coverage. It can emphasize flakes and dry patches so make sure you moisturize very well if you're a fellow dry-faced girl. It does make my face look a bit dry at first but once it settles in a bit it looks really lovely. Another thing I wanted to mention was the smell. I really like it; it has a very light, fresh scent to it. I'm not sure how to describe it but it makes me think of clean water, or pastel blue.

I would definitely repurchase, but I'm looking for something with a dewier finish so I don't think I'd call this HG.

on 3/26/2015 6:43:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Never been huge fan of drugstore foundation. ...and especially rimmel...it was a cheap brand I used as a kid as I only had limited funds! But its become popular and a lot of youtubers review this make up.
after buying the wake me up foundation and loving it (see my review on that foundation)....I decided I'd try this fuller coverage and longer wearing foundation. ...as I do love full coverage due to acne scarring etc....SORRY BUT I HATE THIS FOUNDATION! why....its thick...which would be ok if it blended well...it takes ages to dry and is so sticky...leaving skin tacky for ages...you'd have to put a decent layer of powder on to try and dry it....also...THIS IS NOT FULL COVERAGE! its light and can be built up too medium. ...but blending it is a challenge! Also I gave it a good chance...and after two days I had two pimples. .which this foundation did not cover ....did this foundation cause my two new friends????? I'd say yes....as I only got them after wearing this make up.....yet the rimmel wake me up was great abd actually helped my skin....
overall this may be great for some but not for all....I have dryish skin...think this may be suited to oily combination skin types....as mines dryer I prefer the wake me up ....wake me up isn't full coverage either but I only need full coverage on my chin area.....
this 25 hour foundation drys fast but stays sticky. ...not full cover...medium at best....plus side. ...colours are great. ..same as wake me up shades...
5/10.....I don't hate rimmel just hate this sticky stuff!but gave it 5 as its got a pump and love a glass bottle ;)

on 3/25/2015 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It does have a smell to it. Not bad, but I do think it may be a bit strong for some. I didn't have trouble blending it into my skin, but after application I felt it and realized it was suuuuuper tacky. That went away once I set it with powder some minutes later though. It also seemed like the color darkened quite a bit as I was applying it (I got 100 ivory and the undertone was a bit too pink for me). It gave pretty amazing coverage and lasted me a full day (with some blotting every few hours since my skin is excessively oily). However, I don't think I'll be repurchasing, just because I can tell I won't be able to find a good shade match. At least at $6 it wasn't a total waste of money.

on 3/24/2015 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Used the old version in the tube And now using this new version in the glass bottle. I've tried them all or at least I feel like I have. Just recently bought EL DW which I love but I love thIs product better. 56 years old, not a lot of wrinkles, take care of my skin, but Have a lot of hyper pigmentation. What can I say but I love it!!!!! For reference, I'm a Mac NW25, ELDW pebble, and wear this in classic beige.