September 18, 2014 | 1719 users online

Liquid - Maybelline - Dream Satin Liquid

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2012 4:17:00 PM More reviews by SineadQ24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this as an everyday foundation, but also as a going-out foundation. It works well for both uses! I have it in ivory, which is a good colour for my skin tone, but it can look a bit orange. I bought it for ten euro, which is a great price for this foundation in my opinion. It offers good coverage, but is quite light, so it doesn't cover redness very well. I wear a blue/green concealer under it to cover any redness. The packaging is great, not easily breakable and the pump is very handy. Great all-round product for a great price!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2012 4:10:00 PM More reviews by cf30896

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love love love this foundation! When I first bought it I really didn't like it, but I recently re-discovered it and love it. I would say it adds a light-medium coverage, but it does blur imperfections well. It leaves a really nice finish on the skin which would appeal to all skin types (maybe except very dry, as it could cling to dry patches, I wouldn't know however as i have oily skin), its a 'satin' finish as the name states! A bit glowy but not too oily and mattifying in the right areas. It doesn't last all day on me, but I do not use a primer with it, and as it wears off, it wears off very naturally. It has never turned patchy on me or collected on my skin, it just slowly wears off towards the end of the day, but I'm sure this could be avoided with a primer. Its super cheap as well, give it a try :)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by beautyprincess303

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use this foundation a lot for shows and I have to admit, it's not the best one I've had. I use the colour "Sand" as my skin is quite light. I probably wouldn't buy this foundation again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 10:26:00 AM More reviews by lefaguais

After reading some reviews about this foundation, I wanted to give it a try. And I'm glad I did. I use 04 fawn and it matches my skin nicely, giving it a nice glow and making it look healthy. Stays on for a long time and overall I consider it a very nice foundation from Maybelline (a brand which sometimes comes out with very lousy products). Just a small amount will do the trick, covers well yet doesn't cake. Will definitely buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2012 9:45:00 AM More reviews by Makeupfreakes

This is the WORST foundation I have ever bought ! I have normal skin and I found that when I put it on my face I just wanted to take it off it was so thick ! And after giving it time to set it was still sticky and rubbed off on clothing quite easily ! the price is reasonable though that's all that has to be said for this disastrous concoction ! It made me break out and I NEVER break out (luckily) I am advising you NOT to buy this foundation if you have oily skin , dry skin , combination skin or any kind of skin ! Putting it simply I hate this foundation with a passion ( I want to give it 0 lippies but you have to give at least 1 :( ) X

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2012 10:40:00 AM More reviews by natsmilton

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been buying this foundation for the last year or two and have never found anything that is so light on the skin and blends so easily. The lightest shade matches my pale skin tone perfectly but doesn't make me look like a ghost! It dries quickly so there is no heavy/sticky after feel.

I would recommend this to anyone as it is great value for money.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2012 7:52:00 AM More reviews by faahlicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This foundation is one of the first ones that I've tried and I'm generally amazed by this! I have it in 'Cocoa' and it mathches my skin perfectly! I don't need a lot of coverage, i just spot it on certain parts of my face like my nose, chin and lower part of the temples, as they are a bit discoloured. I got this at Boots a few months ago, it was on sale for 5/6£ (great bargain right??). I have combination skin and some dry patches on my cheeks, nothing serious, but this foundation coves them and I feel like they are less evident when I remove it! It doesn't have perfume wich is good if you are sensitive to it. It smells like and unscented lotion would smell like (if that makes sense...). Overall, if you are looking for a natural look with light to medium coverage (it is a bit buildable but not necessary to me; it doesn't cake) fresh faced for everyday looks then this is the foundation for you! Also, my sister has oily skin and she uses and swears by this product! I guess if you have oily skin and put several layers of this on your skin it would get oily, but again this is not the foundation for it! Just apply small amounts with your fingers and blend well (or with a stipling brush if you're into it...). I recomend this especially for people that need light/ medium coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by MissKC

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I used to use this product back when I was just starting to actually wear a little, (a LONG time ago!) and I did love it back then, when I went back to it though after several other experiments with different foundations, I didnt like it quite as much.
This product is around £8 from Boots - which I think is decent for a foundation - but there are cheaper ones out there.

Advantages:
I think it is great if you are looking for that quick and easy foundation that you can just put on if your not going anywhere special - like a walk to the shop, or round a friends' house. Its lightweight and doesnt cake up at all so does feel as if you dont have anything on.

Disadvantages:
I have combination skin, for me - liquid foundation just isnt the best, it tends to come off super quickly and doesnt give the coverage I want -- this foundation was no different. When I was younger and didnt need the coverage I do now - it was perfect, but as I have got older and my skin has become more dependent on coverage - I need make up that is going to stay on and cover me well. Although the dispenser is easy and is not fidely to get the foundation out, when the make up starts to run out, you'll find that there is still loads at the bottom but the tube reaching the make up doesnt reach that far - so leaves loads left. :-/

Recommendations:
This product can be used with powders and other foundations as it doesnt cake at all.
Can be used for sensitive skin as isnt irritable.

Hope I helped. x

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2012 11:22:00 AM More reviews by adriannepk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Have been using this product as my everyday makeup to work for about 2 months. Orginally bought a bottle of it in "Cameo" a few months ago but felt it was too pink toned. There was a Maybelline promotion at a local pharmacy so I picked up the shade "Nude". I mix the two together to achieve the perfect shade for my skin.
I usually buy high end foundations Estee Lauder doublewear or Mac studio sculpt, but decided to give this a proper go and wear it EVERYDAY.
I am absolutely delighted with the results! I have NEVER received so many compliments about how good my skin looks.
It is the easiest foundation to apply. I use 1 pump of each shade and mix together on the back of my hand. If I want to feel extra fresh I add a small drop Benefits Girl Meet Pearl. (In the beginnning I did this much more often but now I feel the foundation is usually sufficient in providing a dewy finish, unless I got very little sleep!) Then I use a stippling brush to buff it in all over my face. I originally was setting this with MAC mineralise finish but now I am setting it with MAC studio fix fluid spray which adds to the ultra dewy look this makeup provides.
I find the wearing time very good for a "drug-store" product. I usually do a 9 hour day at work and have no need to top-up or use any powders during the day, which is really impressive considering the air quality in the office (it is always uncomfortably warm!).
Honestly this makeup is like a second skin. It provides medium coverage (with the amount that I use) but the way it sits on your skin allows your natural beauty to show through (I don't really know how to describe it!) It gives the effect that you are not wearing makeup and have just naturally gorgeous skin, while hiding imperfection.
This makeup makes me feel confident and makes me look fresh and awake in the morning- even though I'm usually not!
As I mentioned before, the amount of compliments I have gotten since I have started to use this makeup is crazy!! I still use Estee Lauder when I go out- as I'm always worried about wearing time, although the Dream Satin has proved itself to me so I don't know why I get nervous about wearing it out, but I think I will. I really really like how this makes my skin look, and now when I put on doublewear I think I look a bit strange!
Well done to Maybelline for converting a foundation snob to a drug store product!!! This might actually be my HG!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2012 8:39:00 AM More reviews by MichaelaL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like the packaging, its simple, product is easy to get out, hygienic & you can easily see how much is left.

The colour is fantastic, I chose Ivory which is a perfect match for my winter colour and blended nicely with my natural skin colour.

The product is a little watery for my liking, didnt feel 'dream satin' too me. Its not the best coverage I have ever had, I dont need to cover up too many blemishes but I do like to go for the full cover look and this didnt quite do what i wanted with one application. I have oily T zone so just put a second coat on my cheeks and topped with Jelly pong pong mineral powder (which is also not brilliant on its own but il do a seperate review for that!) this gave an overall nice finish I was pleased with.

Lasting power, good, but I got a serious shine-on through my T zone after a few hours and had to put some transparent powder on to fix. Few hours later the same thing happens, although the actual colour and finish everywhere else is still very good.

I wouldn't buy this product again, but I will use this one up for work and for messing about at home. Its a shame as the colour is perfect.