Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid

3.5

aqua/water, isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, glycerin, cyclohexasilohexane, PEG-9 polydimethylsiloxethyl dimethicone, butylenes glycol, dimethicone crosspolymer, disteardimonium hectorite, PEG-10 dimethicone, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, sodium chloride, phenoxyethanol, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, caprylyl glycol,disodium stearoyl glutamate, PEG-9, aluminum hydroxide. May contain: CI 77891, titanium dioxide, CI 77499, CI 77491, iron oxides.

on 11/7/2012 12:19:00 PM

After about a year of using this product I´ve realised that it actually might not be the most suitable for my combination skin. It sure looks natural , blends in nicely and doesn´t cause break outs either, but after about 2 hours of applying the T-zone gets very shiny and after 8h there´s no trace of foundation left on your face whatsoever. Overally i´ts not a bad product but it would probably work best for the dry-ish skin type.

I was disappointed with this product as after reading good reviews I thought it would be great.I found it quite oily and see through and after about 2 three hours had slid off and i looked super greasy,would prob be o.k for dry skin.also I like a good coverage and this is a very sheer foundation unless you are blessed with perfect skin i would go for something with more coverage.

I love this foundation, simply because its the closest shade I've ever found!
Like most foundations it's finish relies on how you apply it, I've found the best ways to apply this foundation are:
Wet Make-up sponge (any kind that is soft, gives me a medium coverage and takes the most pumps usually 4 or 5)
Wet beauty blender (although it gives a sheer coverage, takes 2-3 pumps)
Stippling brush (Gives me fullest coverage using 2-3 pumps but can sometimes look cakey depending on how dry my skin is).
I usually don't use moisturizer before I put my foundation on, instead I use a non-greasy anti-wrinkle serum or a water based primer, this gives me the longest possible wear. I also always set my foundation with a translucent finishing powder using a powder puff then tapping off excess with a 'powder brush'.
I hope this has helped !

on 11/1/2012 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is just an awful foundation in my opinion I have oily skin and it just made me look oiley and cakey I don't know maybe it would better for people with dry skin

on 10/20/2012 8:26:00 AM

I have dry skin and fair skin as well so finding a foundation is a difficult task! But I am so happy that I found this foundation!!

It applies very nicely and it does not stick to my dry spots so far. I have the colour Ivory 010 which is the lightest shade. It looks dark in the bottle and when you put a blob on your hand it would look really dark, but don't fear! As soon as I started t blend it in the colour looks absolutely perfect on me! It has a pink undertone for me which is just what I needed! I am so tired of getting a foundation and later in the day you look like a pumpkin!!

The packaging makes it look a lot more expensive according to my opinion and it having a pump is a real bonus! If you push it in all the way you can maybe get to much product, but you can also press it in slightly too just get a tiny bit extra if needed.

It also feels very light on my skin. It doesn't feel like you are wearing a mask even when you barely put anything on your face!

Go ahead and try it!

on 10/18/2012 4:41:00 AM

I bought this product because when I saw the advert I thought it sounded really nice. However though it does look nice on at first, I found that even the lightest touch to your face and the makeup is coming off. My hands get covered in this makeup throughout the day and so do my clothes which looks terrible. I would not buy this product again, it is so poor at staying on your face. I use primer before foundation and powder to set and I know both work well with all of my other foundations.

on 10/13/2012 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

First I really enjoyed this product. But after a while I noticed that it left my skin looking very uneven/blouchty and flakey at some parts. I found it quite hard to blend in nicely with my stippling brush. The coulor selection wasn't too good either, unfortunately. Overall not very impressed with this foundation.

on 8/7/2012 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I like this foundation, it's easy to apply and remove, and makes my skin look bright and dewy, even when I'm tired.
You don't have to use a lot and there is quite a lot in the bottle so it's good value :)

I was pleasantly surprised by this foundation. I bought it after I watched the advert of it and didn't read the reviews of it.
I was quite surprised because it looked great on my face. It gave pretty good coverage.
What I didn't like is that it doesn't last long. After about 4 hours it was slipping off my face so that was disappointing.
I should add I do put on primer before I put my foundation on.
Overall, for what you're paying for this foundation, I think it's pretty good.

on 6/28/2012 4:17:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I use this as an everyday foundation, but also as a going-out foundation. It works well for both uses! I have it in ivory, which is a good colour for my skin tone, but it can look a bit orange. I bought it for ten euro, which is a great price for this foundation in my opinion. It offers good coverage, but is quite light, so it doesn't cover redness very well. I wear a blue/green concealer under it to cover any redness. The packaging is great, not easily breakable and the pump is very handy. Great all-round product for a great price!