October 25, 2014 | 1713 users online

Liquid - Guerlain - 'Lingerie de Peau' Invisible Skin-Fusion Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Beautyfoolrise

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

best foundation I ever use!I tried alot of brand of foundation before chanel,estee,lancome,bobbie brown,mac,shu uhmera and none of them can compare to the guerlain foundation!I have problematic skin which needs mid -full coverage..This foundation is sheer to mid coverage so for people with serve acne or redness this might not give you enough coverage.I have post acne scar and open pores,dehydrated skin so this foundation works well for me but I have to apply 2 layer to cover my imperfection area.So far this foundation did not give me any break out but the effect is great..it makes my skin look dewy and radiance..it is a runny foundation but it did not make my skin look oily like the rest of the foundation with radiance effect.It doesnt keep my skin matt but is a long lasting foundation.It stays on my skin for more than 6 hours!Important step we should remember is to apply a good moisturizer on face so that it can help to hold the foundation much more better..I give the packaging a 4 because the pump is not user friendly,the product got stuck when I tried to pump the foudation on my hand and it was a brand new bottle I only use it for 3 to 4 times..but other that that there is not much complain and this is my second bottle.. I will continue to repurchase..

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by smileandactnice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Yep, I can see why the bad reviews. Yuck!!
I bought the lightest shade for my ultra-pale complexion. Normally with French makeup, the lightest shade is a wee bit too light even for me, but this was def way too dark. It looks lighter in the bottle, but it goes on dark.
It's funny to blend...It kinda dries fairly quickly so you have to move fast. The coverage is pretty good however...like your skin only perfected. I like the subtle semi-matte finish too...not to shiny, not too powdery.
Really, my big complaint is the color. Nobody can find a color in this line that matches their skin. This wouldn't be bad if I was more yellow but I'm not a Simpson so this was not a winner.
The price btw is insane! Like $80 at Sephora...and it's just not up to par with other high-end products, sorry to say. The bottle is dated and bland, as is the cap and labeling. For the price, you'd expect some bling or something snazzy..but it's just blah....
Overall, I can see why this has been discontinued and not going to be restocked at Sephora...don't know about the rest of the planet....
I sent this loser back.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Farba02

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was wondering why this foundation has such bad reviews all of the suden...well people! The formula was changed!!! I used to love this foundation. It was my holy grail, it was soft and creamy and blendable, it would cover all imperfections without looking cakey, was a dream. I recently went to sephora to get is as I was running out. First I noticed the bottle was different. The old one had logo and all letters tattooed in black on the glass while the new one has a cheep sticker placed on front. Second I noticed that the foundation looked liquidy, very runny. Unlike previous formula, you could see the runniness of it in the botle...I still had some of the old one left and squeezed a little to compare. And oh God. Not only this new one is runny like water but beige Claire 2 is completely different color! The new one is very yellowish and at least a tone lighter then old one. It doesn't cover anything and you cannot build coverage like before, it comes out streaky even if blended with fingers. I am so beyond pissed! For $60 I expect consistent quality! First time disappointment with guerlain! Will have to search for new holy grail now :(

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Jennkworkman

I like this foundation but I do not LOVE it. I wish there was a bit more coverage and staying power. it does give a beautiful glow at first but it does wear off and the foundation lasted 5-6 hours max before it started looking dull and greasy.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Perfection91

I tried almost all of the foundations that Sephora sells - from high end like lancome, dior, YSL to lower end of higher end like MUFE, bobbi brown, urban decay, cover FX, etc.
This is what I ended up in after searching for 2 months long.

The price tag to begin with is ridiculous. its the next most expensive to the Tom Ford, Elis faas, Giorgio Armani, and Cle de peau. but as always, if there is a good reason that a product is expensive, I'm willing to pay the price.

Color:
I bought the ambre pale (31) which was only exclusive to Asia until recently. Its a very pretty color - just the right amount of yellow to complement an Asian skin tone. I was worried that its going to be too light for my skin tone, but it actually blends nicely into the skin. (though I do hope that Guerlain will bring in the Ambre clair soon)

Coverage:
The texture is thinner than the YSL touche eclat, and because its less pigmented, its easier to blend with the hands. however I was pleasantly surprised that it offered a fair amount of coverage. it corrected for redness and uneven skintones almost perfectly, while doing a fair job on the hyperpigmentations and acne. Did not accentuate the pores at all either. its sheer to light coverage that is easily buildable.
(though you should stop at medium, because otherwise it defeats the whole purpose of it being a "lingerie" foundation)

Application:
I like to use this with a beauty blender because that way, I can apply thin layers multiple times to build coverage. however from a certain point, it starts to get cakey if I try to build the coverage up further.
it also sets pretty quick, so I have to squeeze the product on my hands and dip my beauty blender or brush to work in sections.

lasting power:
This is the worst part.
Because I live in a dry climate, this works alittle better than it should on a combination skin. at first when I put it on, its has luminous, glowy, pretty finish that doesn't look oily or dry. however, about 2~3 hours later, it looses the luminosity and becomes quite dull.. it does keep coverage though until about 6 hour mark, when the foundation changes color - not orange, but about 2 ~3 shades darker than the original shade. good thing about this foundation though, is that this foundation does not become patchy during the break down process.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by ladydog

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My skin is constantly changing these days and what works for me one day in make-up and skin care may not work for me in the next. I have pretty much stopped using liquid foundations, but I was so intrigued with this that I bought it. I love the velvety smooth feel of this foundation going on. It is dispensed with a pump which is what I think all liquid foundations should be packaged with for sanitary reasons. It goes on evenly without a primer and doesn't streak. I apply with my fingers although I've also used a brush. The coverage is medium, but it is a coverage that eliminates all ruddiness in my skin and glides over my pores. Several imperfections (tiny marks and scars) will still be visible, but I could use concealer if I wanted to cover them up. No mask-like look. Pretty, natural looking skin. I use setting powder and it lasts through a normal day very well. I need to blot a couple of times, but my skin is oily (though not as oily as it used to be when it was an oil slick). The major bonus is it has SPF 20 with broad spectrum protection so I don't have to wear sunscreen underneath and on an average day, I'm well out of the sun except for being in and out to my car or house so I feel fine wearing this w/o additional sun protection. And, one of the best points for me, it doesn't separate on my skin by the end of the day.

All in all, a lovely, very wearable foundation that makes my skin look good as it gets. My only complaint is the price--$59.00. I'm fair-medium with pink undertones and I wear 02, Beige Clair. I will buy again in spite of the price tag because this is a worthy foundation to keep in my rotation.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2013 12:20:00 AM More reviews by soleil91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't like this foundation.
I wore it for the last three days... and I may try it again but for now, I dislike it.
I am an NC20 asian and the shade 31 Ambre pale is perfect. At first I was scared that it would be too pale but it ended up being the perfect shade.
When first applied (i used my beauty blender & hourglass veil primer underneath), it gives a beautiful finish- looks natural and gorgeous. HOWEVER! It dried out my cheeks and got all patchy by the end of the day. I have combination skin that is very oily in the T-zone and dry in the cheeks and lower jawline. The foundation accentuated flakes that I had not seen before and dry patches on my cheeks... and kind of faded off even though wore primer and set it with a powder. Also note that it has a very strong lavender scent as with all Guerlain products, which I did not mind but some of you out there might.
Pros:
- perfect shade
- very buildable
- nice light consistency
- fresh, perfect and natural initial finish

Cons:
- fades off in a very unflattering manner (accentuating dry patches and flakes)
- dried my skin
- no oil control

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by zoeclare1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wanted to love this foundation what's not to love, lovely smell lovely packaging and flawless skin. Well unfortunately I found that this product didn't stay on :( even using powder it wore off and oxidised. The colour range isn't amazing either. I wear mac nc30 but now 37 (a better shade more yellow) and find the best match for me was shade 3. More of a beige. The coverage was lovely and medium but build able but unfortunately for me lost all marks for not staying on.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2013 5:14:00 PM More reviews by monty713

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Not quite sure what all the fuss is about. I only purchase high end foundations so my review is comparable with Channel, YSL, BB, etc.. To date, this is the most I've spent on a foundation. The colour selection is poor but with the help of an associate, I was able to find one that was close but not a great match. I purchased anyway because the reviews relating to texture were so wonderful. Not wonderful for me...I find it dry, accentuates lines and does not apply very well. There are much better foundations out there and you don't have to go to this price point.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2013 11:01:00 AM More reviews by annomatopia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a sephora addict. and have tried so many foundations......
Finally I went into Saks in Short Hills Mall NJ. I had the most wonderful sales lady Michelle. She can take credit for this. I love the foundation. Great coverage with a foundation brush. I work from 8-6 and It lasts all day. Works perfectly with cle de peau concealer (another favorite... I can't live w/o).