Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

3.8

Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Dimethicone, Isononyl Isononanoate, Carbomer, Dimethiconol, Chlorphenesin, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Vitis Vinifera Extract/Grapefruit Extract, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Menthoxypropanediol, Magnesium Gluconate, Sodium Citrate, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Calcium Gluconate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, CI 19140/Yellow 5, CI 42090/Blue 1, Parfum/Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol. [September 2010]

on 7/28/2014 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This does a decent job at moisturizing and it smells really good but It broke me out like crazy! And it makes your face feel disgustingly greasy when you put it on. I would not recommend if you even have mildly sensitive skin.

on 7/25/2014 8:47:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Great moisturizer for oily / combo skin! Lightweight, smells amazing, & sinks in quick & doesn't add too oily ness / shine. :-)

I'm a garnier junkie. I love their skincare products. Even some of their hair products. I use the Blackhead Eliminating Scrub w/ charcoal and I love it and I use the moisture rescue gel and I LOVE THIS. I use it in the morning alone but at night when I need more moisture I'll use it with a heavier moisturizer. I'm on my 3rd jar. It made my skin really smooth and it has even out my skin tone. It's really cooling and soothing. I have and will repurchase.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I couldn't figure out why my acne has been returning. I had clear skin with a bit of scarring but for the past week the acne returned. Turns out it was this product, the only thing that I changed in my routine. I guess the alcohol listed at the top of ingredients is not kind to my skin. I've had no trouble with cetyl alcohol,which found in most moisturizer because it is a fatty alcohol so it is not irritating to the skin, and in fact can be beneficial for those with dryer skin types. Although the alcohol listed in this product is ethyl (denatured) alcohol which is extremely damaging, I knew this but went ahead and bought it anyways because of good reviews, I should have known better. My skin felt extremely moisturized at first, but through out the day or even an overnight use, I can tell my skin is dryer than it was before. Overall, I'm disappointed in this product and will discontinue using it as it has done some damage to my skin. This will be going back!

on 6/21/2014 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

It makes your skin rather smooth and it feels refreshing. However, it made my nose somewhat oily after awakening and caused a few breakouts.

on 6/18/2014 8:34:00 PM

I think this is exactly what I was looking for - a nice light nighttime gel that would moisturize yet still not feel overwhelming for the Summer nights we have in Florida. This encompasses both of those requirements. It's light, refreshing, never stings my eye area, yet it gives the right amount of moisture. It's compact, which means it's great for traveling and for storing. I've been using it for 2 weeks now and I'm sold, it's going to be my go-to for the next few months.

on 5/31/2014 5:30:00 PM

Like some reviews have mentioned here before this product is very much like the Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief from Clinique, only this moisturizer is so much cheaper!!! This thing is awesome if you combo/oily skin. It's so light weight and does not feel greasy. My skin absorb it very quickly. It's perfect for summer! Both my husband and I use it everyday. But I also use a thicker, anti-aging moisturizer at night. This product does not break us out and you just can't beat the price. I also enjoy the light cucumber scent it has.

on 4/13/2014 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product is VERY similar to Clinique Moisture Surge Extra Thirst Relief, but at a fraction of the cost.

This stuff is the BOMB! I have combo skin type that's more toward oily, and prone to breakout. Regular facial moisturizers feel greasy and nasty on my face. This stuff feels soo fresh and like its name, refreshing and the perfect amount of moisture.

It smells really, really good. Like a clean, fresh scent. Also, I love the packaging. the heavy glass jar feels quality and not cheap.

on 4/11/2014 2:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I'm quite a fan of inexpensive drugstore moisturizers. When I stopped using ponds b3, I decided to look for something to suit my skin as the weather gets warmer. I've not had much luck with gel textured products in the past, so I had doubts about this. Been using for two weeks, morning and night and I really enjoy it. It sinks easily into my skin and provides a good base if i choose to wear foundation or just apply powder. I don't mind the glass packaging but I do not like that it is in a jar. That's unhygienic if the product is not taken out with clean fingers. (I use a cotton bud). Other than that, price is great and so is function!

Ps. My skin is normal to slightly dry.

I love this Moisturizer, this exactly how every moisturizer should be. It feels so amazing and light on the skin, I love the feel of the gel its so cooling and it soaks nicely into the skin. Has a fragrance but its really smells good. I always try new moisturizers and always always come back to this because it gives me exactly what I need. It comes in a glass jar which is a little unhygienic but I don't care the product is amazing. Will def buy more.