Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara

3.8

on 1/21/2013 9:00:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i truly love this mascara! :D it lengthen ad gives volume to my lash without ANY clumps :D i got this in sample but it last for 2 weeks of use, depending how much layer of mascara you are putting.
the reason why i took 1 heart off is because it is kinda hard to remove :( it takes awhile for it to come off. but thats the only thing i hate about this mascara. if i have the money and ever go to singapore again, i might get this again :D

on 1/19/2013 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This was the first Chanel product I had ever purchased and decided to go with the Rouge Noir color in order to compliment my eye color. I completely used up the entire tube and recently had to repurchase! I love this product so much! I have used many different mascaras in the past (mainly the maybelline colossal lash) and think that the wand on this one does a better job of separating my lashes and the formula lends itself to manipulation so if you accidentally clump a few together, you can easily separate them again. Although this particular one is not waterproof, it holds steadfast throughout the day and is NOT prone to flaking. On a side note, I love the packaging and find it to be subtly luxurious with the silver band and demure indented Chanel monogram at the top of the tube. I will continue to repurchase this mascara for years to come.

on 1/13/2013 1:47:00 PM

I have been searching for a good mascara that would add some volume & length and not flake and this is the best one I have found. I hate paying this much for a mascara but this one is worth the price.

on 11/30/2012 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Despite its plastic spiky brush -- with a nice tapered tip -- it didn't really separate my lashes better than the regular wands. I found the formula goopy, clumpy, and after it's dried, unusually flaky. Not worth the price -- and mine was a free, fresh, sealed-pouch-sample.

on 11/27/2012 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I finally broke down and joined the cult on this product. I used inimitable when it first launched years ago but was always looking for the latest and greatest.

EVERYTHING, and I mean EVERYTHING flakes on me. Waterproof, etc always ends up under my eyes. This mascara does not budge (after using two weeks). The pigment is a nice rich black and the color doesn't fade throughout the day like with diorshow. The brush gives a nice fringe, I prefer pretty dramatic lashes so wish I could get a LITTLE more from it, but for 99 percent of the time it's perfect.

on 11/19/2012 9:37:00 AM

My favourite mascara. I have long lashes, and with this mascara it looks like I'm wearing fake eye lashes. It's a bit pricy, and it's not waterproof, but I've never had an accident when I walked in the rain.

on 11/8/2012 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I think this mascara is very, very gorgeous, and it does some AMAZING things for my lashes, but it has a really big downside that makes it unusable for me in the long run. I received a few samples of this product from very lovely MUAers, and I didn't have very high hopes for it, as I usually don't care for thin, rubberized mascara wands. I was super-impressed with the initial results, however; the product applied beautifully to my lashes without tugging any out. It provided great length and thickness, and although it's not the blackest mascara I've ever used, it's certainly not that ashy grey color some mascaras are. I don't have a problem with the curl in my lashes, but I will note that this really "tightened" the curl, so I never felt the need to curl my lashes beforehand. It CAN be a bit clumpy/dry, so I often brushed through it after applying to keep my lashes from looking spidery. Unfortunately, what kills this mascara is that it flakes sometimes, and they're not harmless dust-y flakes. These are the big, sharp flakes that get in your eye and make them sting horribly. I had this happen to me several times, including one time when I was right in the middle of work and couldn't get away to flush the flake out of my eye for almost an hour. It was AWFUL! It's such a shame, because this is otherwise a wonderful mascara, but considering it's an expensive product that flakes and needs a bit of work to de-clump, I think I'll stick with my Prestige My Biggest Lashes for now.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am not sure if I am not liking this product bcos it is a sample. The formula should be the same. Not sure if the brush head really differs from the full size but I cant understand the logic behind this mascara. No volume no length. Super watery. The only thing nice about it is it doesnt smudge as quickly as my clinique. It is a sample and i am gonna toss it away. Keeping it till now to write a review.

on 10/24/2012 2:54:00 AM

I've tried a lot of mascaras over the years, and usually would fall back on great lash, but I have finally found the HG of mascaras and it's worth every penny. Makes my lashes more defined and longer, doesn't smear or flake, and removes easily at the end of the day. It really makes my eyes pop without looking overdone.
Editing on 9/1/2014: I stopped using this about 8 months ago. I had gotten this again in a Chanel gift set for my b-day on 8/19/1013 so thankfully I didn't have to re-purchase it this time. I think they must have changed the formula because it didn't act in the same way. This time it was flaking like crazy and even left smudges on occasion after wearing it for a few hours. I'm currently using the Covergirl Lash Blast 24 hours and the old standby, Maybelline great lash.

on 9/30/2012 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My lashes are of a medium length and I look for mascara that can separate, lengthen, curl and style my lashes. The Chanel Inimitable Intense Mascara is a lovely and luxurious product that works for the minimal application I apply to my outer lashes.

The formula is lengthening, volumizing and curling and it lives up to its word although I do recommend using a lash curler before applying to product. This mascara lasts all day and adheres to the lashes well, but by the end of the day I do notice that some of the mascara has flaked off my lower lashes so I would not recommend this to anyone who wears heavy mascara on their lower lashes.

The wand is wonderful, I can feel it separate my lashes while distributing the ideal amount of mascara.

Overall I enjoy the mascara.