Jennifer Aniston

3.2

on 4/20/2012 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

When I first tried this on, I got pure soap notes (those little french kind found in gift bath sets). I used to LOVE that scent but I'm so over it now. This fragrance is actually a dupe of Clean Ultimate or the one by Philosophy (forgot the name). If you're in the market for a light, non-offensive soapy smell...this may be for you. I would have hoarded this stuff back in 2004 but this genre of scents makes me a little nauseaus now. By the way...this smells NOTHING like Sand & Sable to me.

on 4/12/2012 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My initial thought was "this smells like Sand and Sable!" .. I used to wear that back in middle school, so it brings back good memories of a simpler time. As it mellowed out, I noticed that it has less of a coconutty note than S&S does, but Jennifer Aniston is still very beachy. I don't smell any distinct notes in this, it quickly fades away into a light, fabric softener, slightly fresh hint of scent that you can barely smell.
The lasting power is pretty bad for how expensive it is, and the fact that it is an EDP.
Edit 6/26/14: This is on clearance at Sephora now. I guess it's not very popular. It was way overpriced for the staying power. I am changing this to a "no repurchase" because it's just so weak, even for a summery perfume.

on 3/27/2012 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

CLEAN - Everything seems to give me a headache if its too strong or lasts too long so I am always on the search for a clean light fragrance without any musk. This is perfect for me! I happen to love the "non perfume" scents like Philosophy and Clean and this is one of those kind of fragrances. After reading the reviews.. I didn't get the jasmine, beach or floral notes but definitely the Pure Grace similarity. The drydown is exactly like that .. soapy or a fabric softener. It's more complex than the Grace scent and the reviews that it doesn't last long enough are correct. I LOVE this but have to reapply every few hours.

on 3/20/2012 3:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Before splurging on yet another high priced perfume, I got a sample of Jennifer Aniston's perfume and boy, am I glad I only got a sample!

I tend to not go for celebrity fragrances in general because honestly, most smell horrible. I've yet to find one that doesn't smell cheap despite the high price tag. Despite this, I decided to try it anyway because I really like Aniston as an actress and figured that since I admire her personal fashion sense so much, a perfume she has created (well, had created and put her name on it) is probably as easy going and pretty as she appears to be. Well...not so much.

To me, this perfume smells just like Prell. You know, the old green shampoo that stripped your hair of absolutely ever bit of oil it ever had? Yup, that's the one. While I adored the scent of Prell as a child in the 80s, I also adored Jean Nate body splash and pink, frosted lipstick. There are reasons why our tastes evolve.

The overall scent isn't totally bad, it just seems terribly dated. Almost like something that would be popular in 1984. While I loved the 1980s, I really don't want to smell like I stepped out of them. I still think Jennifer Aniston is cute as a button, but her namesake perfume just isn't for me.

Not bad but it reminds me ALOT of Sand and Sable of which I think S&S is better.

on 3/8/2012 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This was my favorite perfume. I absolutely love the top notes of this. The jasmine smells amazing. It is the drydown I do not love. It is musky and makes me yearn for the top notes. The scent isn't very long lasting, so I end up spritzing a bunch and then smell like the musky drydown for the rest of the day. I still like the perfume because I love the initial jasmine so much. I just wish some elements of it could be tweaked.

on 3/5/2012 4:13:00 PM

There are a few conclusions one can draw about Jennifer Aniston based on this scent: (1) Jen does not like perfume; (2) Jen is 13 years old; (3) Jen is 90 years old.

A celebrity scent should be evocative. This fragrance is evocative of the ladies' room in a fancy department store. Pleasant, inoffensive. Reminds me of shopping with my mom in San Diego in the 90's.

I originally thought this scent had amazing staying power until I realized what I was smelling is my Secret Deodorant. So for $3.98 you can buy clear solid Secret in Powder Fresh! and get much the same experience.

on 2/23/2012 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

It is almost like a non perfume!? it smells like nothing, and I dont even think the light smell is close to being a beach scent! why create your own scent if it is so much like wearing nothing?? I cant distinguish the notes, it has no personality! cant believe Aniston wasted her name
on the stuff..mind you she isnt the smartest girl either!

on 2/20/2012 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Very, very shampooey; smells like Finesse, or any shampoo in a blue bottle (ie, marketed as a "clean" smell, not a fruity one). Because it doesn't seem at all like a bona fide perfume, but rather some other subtly scented body product, it would be absolutely perfect for someone who worked in an environment that discouraged perfume use. Seriously, no one would ever suspect you of wearing perfume even if you doused in this. They'd think you had a heavy hand with the fabric softener.

I received a small bottle as a gift, and sometimes spritz it on when I can't decide what else to wear. It's pleasant, but not really special enough to spend money on.

UPDATE: Well, I couldn't stop thinking about this one. It's just SO easy to wear, jeans & a tshirt sort of fragrance. I ended up buying a rollerball after my small sample bottle ran out.

on 2/18/2012 7:55:00 AM

I love the scent but the ball roller format I bought didn't work so I returned it to Sephora, opened the package and tried it there. It worked but the next day when I went to apply it, same thing, the ball wouldn't roll and I gave myself bruises trying to get any liquid out of it. I don't recommend the ball roller. Buy the spray or other formats if you like the smell.

Popular Fragrances