April 17, 2014 | 1053 users online

Treatments - Cure - Natural Aqua Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2012 10:49:00 AM More reviews by nillionaire

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Simply amazing exfoliator! Why? First of all: it's very gentle, never ever irritates my highly sensitive, overly reactive skin. I can't tell you how many exfoliators I have tried, both physical and chemical, that ended up doing more harm than good to my skin. Second: it's incredibly effective, not only on my face but everywhere else I have tried it; elbows, knees, back, feet, etc. Leaves skin smooth and soft and calm. This will be a staple beauty product for me from now on.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2012 5:20:00 AM More reviews by sumyi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you're wondering whether the white balls are made up of your dead skin cells or simply the gel itself, you can conduct a simple test as advertised by the Japanese commercial.

Spread some gel on your table and use a cotton bud to rub against the surface. You'll see that no balls would be produced. The gel remains in its original state.

It's pricey, retailing for SGD42 but I got mine at a sale at 2 for SGD69.

REVIEW:
This product makes my face break outs and my skin would turn red. It's smoother no doubt but I can't live with red patches all over my face :( Besides the redness, it had also made by skin more sensitive and painful to touch.

I tried it on my neck but it made my face red too, though to a lesser than if I were to use it on my face. Then I used it on my elbows and one of them turned red, raw and painful.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2012 8:24:00 AM More reviews by keanash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I used sample sizes of this sent to me with orders from Imomoko -- I was skeptical at first, but I am really impressed by this stuff. It is a gentle and fragrance-free exfoliant, great for someone like me who has sensitive skin. It really does get off dead skin! It's kind of creepy, but very cool. I'm now debating about getting a full-size, because I find the price insanely steep... but on the other hand, I loved the effects of this stuff.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2012 7:56:00 AM More reviews by Princesska

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I find this gel very harsh. I would not recommend it to someone who uses Retin A and/or AHA. In fact, after using the gel my skin stays raw red for more than 12 hours.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2012 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Klervie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love! I always thought my skin was just a rough, dry, red type. I could never get enough moisture for my skin. I would carry around facial cremes with me to apply on the go because of how chronically dry it was.

Because my skin was so dry, my pores were very large, I had chronic blackheads all over. Just a terrible condition overall. Not anymore! In three months I have seen a dramatic decrease in blackheads. My skin is actually soft and smooth to the touch and to look at. No more infinity little bumps everywhere.

Since using Cure Natural Aqua Gel, my skin is actually soft and smooth!! No redness, no inflammation, no stinging. Also, no flakes!

Super recommend! I have about half a bottle left and I am in a bit of a panic to get another bottle, but it is really hard to get. Online only. :p

Considering how amazing this product is, I think the prices of around $42 USD is extremely worth it. Considering I will spend more than that on random products throughout the month just trying to get my skin's condition half this good. And I throw away the majority of those random products because they just don't work in the end.

Try it! If you feel it doesn't work for you, just list it on Craigslist or here. I would buy another bottle slightly used for $20, easily!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2012 11:35:00 AM More reviews by 123bella

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I first tried this product from Watsons, as you know, they let you try and you felt the feeling. It's a really gentle gel and it's free from fragrances, that's what I like about this product. I know girls love sweet stuff and it must smell nice, you're will like it but I must tell you, products free from fragrances are the best to use. Like people with sensitive skin, it suits them really well and doesn't have to worry about using it. I have SUPER sensitive skin and so, must choose products carefully. Once wrong, rashes, whatever, come and find me. You wouldn't want that right, have a clear and nice face, that's what you want. Sorry for talking so much about that, anyway, I felt that it's ok for me. It's not cheap and nothing special though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2012 1:58:00 AM More reviews by gandiko

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you use a retonoid or are on any other treatment that may thin out your skin, be VERY careful if you try this product!

I'm so disappointed I can't use this on my face, because I really liked it as an exfoliator because most of them irritate the shit out of my skin. There's no way I can tolerate this while being on Retin A though, because while gentle, the gel literally breaks my skin open - I get long, thin and incredibly painful almost paper-cuts on my face. It's frankly scary. I also think this was the culprit for my face breaking out a bit after I used it. I tried cutting it down to once a week, then every other week - no dice. Boo :(

I'm using this on my feet now, the dead skin sloughs off really fast and with minimum irritation. I'm going to try it on my legs too since I want to use a self tanner and don't wanna look streaky.

Oh, and the product DOES indeed work. My face splitting open aside, I tried this on different skins, on different surfaces and this thing absolutely did not ball up on glass or wood or freshly scrubbed/exfoliated skin. It balled up incredibly fast on skin that wasn't clean or had calluses. In that sense, do believe the hype, because it lives up to it.

Also, I ordered my bottle form the official site for around $40ish bucks (it's been a few months so I can't remember). I think it's worth it because it shipped from Japan via Fedex, and the company included a bunch of Natural Aqua Gel samples which I gave to my friends. They also included a handcream which I used all up during the winter (super moisturising and gentle, I'm so sad it's not for sale :(). Order from them, or on Amazon or almost every single Asian cosmetics online store. I don't see why people complain that this is so hard to get. The company itself will ship to any country on earth.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2012 5:36:00 PM More reviews by stacymonique

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Edit: I find that I break out after I use this product...not sure why. I think because it leaves a film on my skin. I have to literally scrub the film off of my face which negates the point of a "gentle" exfoliation. I didn't put 2 and 2 together for the longest time, but now that I have, i won't be repurchasing.

This is such a unique and wonderful product. My skin is always flaky and even when I use scrubs or acid serums, that doesn't really change...my skin texture is smoother, but still flaky With this, not the case. It is so gentle, as gentle as rubbing aloe vera onto your skin. No harsh scratchy particles, no burning sensation. It is like magic, the best of both worlds...the most gentle AND the most effective. Some reviewers commented that they were suspicious that the balls of dead skin cells were really just the product balling up as it dried. I was suspicious of that too, but that is totally not what is happening; my skin started forming balls almost instantaneously, while the product was nowhere near dry. I am throwing out all of my harsh exfoliants and using only this from now on. It also make my pores look immediately smaller. I have congested skin so I am hoping routine use of this product will change that. It also made my makeup go on beautifully this morning...there just aren't many products that give such wonderful instant results. Finally, a product worth the hype! Oh, and it is somewhat expensive; I think I paid $40 but that was for a bottle slightly larger than 8 ounces (my scrub and my AHA serum cost $50 for 2 oz and $60 for 1 oz respectively!) so it is VERY worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2012 10:37:00 PM More reviews by sartra118

Oh wow. Where do I start about this product?? I wish I found it sooner. It's not Japan's best selling product for no reason! This is simply a gel that you rub into your skin to exfoliate it. Even after using makeup remover, cleanser, and my Mia clarisonic tool, this gel still removes a bunch of dead skin off my face that all the other stuff had failed to get rid of. It's been two weeks now since I got CURE and I am so addicted that I use it every other day to really deep clean my face. Not only has this product helped to even and lighten my skin tone (thus fading scars), it also PREVENTS breakouts. Why do we get acne? Because our skin has a tough time shedding the dead skin, so if you've got a layer of dead skin mixed in with oil and dirt, your pores will get clogged. Exfoliators help to remove this dead skin layer, but many are full of harsh ingreients or microbeads that can actually irritate your skin even more. I used to use ones like St Ives apricot scrub, but over time, I realized it was too rough on my skin. Then, I tried other exfoliating fgels and creams only to find that they were ineffective at removing dead skin, only to dry out my face without exfoliating. What makes CURE aqua gel a top product is that it is not only gentle, but it WORKS.

You may be skeptical that the little white balls of stuff are from the gel clumping together. To test this out, I applied it to a plastic surface. A few little clumps formed, and I realized it was exfoliating the skin from my finger tip. Next I tried to put it on my face twice, and sure enough it did not clump up (because the first time all dead skin were already removed). I also applied it on my dad (who had just scrubed the heck out of his face with a loofah), and no dead skin balls formed. So the little balls are your dead skin cells, not the gel clumping by itself.

Overall, I recommend this for people with dry skin, acne, and scars. Try it and you will love it.

14 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2012 1:48:00 AM More reviews by bwahahaha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I initially tried a sample of this product, and found that it was pretty similar to other gel exfoliants, dissolving the dead skin and removing it without any physical scrubbing action. However, the one thing that sets this product apart from the other gel peeling products out there is that it is incredibly gentle, and this is perfect for my sensitive skin.

I use this twice a week, and after usage it leaves my skin feeling soft and clean, without any irritation. I find that continued usage helped unclog my pores, and prevented the furthur appearance of clogged pores, whiteheads, and blackheads. It doesn't claim any fancy functions, but I feel that it does what it does extremely well.

I am on my second bottle of this product now, and despite the slightly high price point for a drugstore product, it lasts for a fairly long time. My first bottle lasted me for slightly over 9 months, and this was with consistent weekly usage. I feel that this product is definitely worth it, and I will be repurchasing again when my current bottle runs out. Definitely my HG product.