November 28, 2014 | 1874 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - DiorShow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by Qinni

for some reason this thing comes out in clumps and stays on my eyelash in little white clumps? sometimes even when I run mascara over it, the white clumps would still show until i run over it a second time, which sometimes also leaves a clump of mascara. Maybe I'm just not applying it right but it doesn't feel too great.

I'm giving it a 3 lippie cause it does lengthen and volumize my lashes though, even if it likes to clump around. I think I'll return these to sephora if i can sometime...

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by meganlovesyooou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay, I'll admit it: I'm a curly lash fiend.

My lash routine previous to using this product was pretty standard. I would curl with Lancome's Le Curler and apply 2 coats of YSL Babydoll mascara. I kept noticing more and more lashes falling out when I removed my eye makeup and became hellbent on discovering why! After many a trial, I figured out that my lashes were being weakened near the root due to the traction caused by my lash curler. This meant, if I wanted to save my existing lashes, I would have to retire my beloved curler.

Since nothing is worse than stick-straight lashes coated in black mascara, I decided it was time to find a solution...and that solution ended up being Dior lash primer! I no longer curl my lashes, just use one coat of this before using a curling mascara and my lashes are set for the day. I truly haven't noticed any new lash growth, but my existing lashes are MUCH stronger. The brush is a comb-type rather than bristles, which I find help to coat the lashes evenly. There seems to be quite a bit of product in there, as well--I've been using it everyday for the past few months and it isn't even the slightest bit dry.

If you're looking for an alternative to a traditional eyelash curler or you want to strengthen weak lashes, you may very well fall in love with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 7:50:00 PM More reviews by kelsey1219

A must-have in any makeup kit. Turns any mascara into the perfect mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by Haylez

I love this lash primer! I can't use mascara alone without this anymore.Makes my lashes thicker/longer and also let's my mascara work to its best to! I also feel it makes my mascara last perfectly until I wash it off at bedtime. Love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by katieswensen

I decided to try this out because I LOVE Diorshow mascara, but I returned it to Sephora immediately. It made mascara difficult to apply and the effect was clumpy and unnatural. The Diorshow looks better without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2013 8:30:00 AM More reviews by Kairla

For all you ladies just putting this on under your mascara, you are missing out on the best part of this product! It is good for adding length and volume under mascara (I use the maximizer, Dior Iconic Overcurl and Diorshow Blackout on top for drama). The best thing to grow your lashes is to put this on overnight. I have decent lashes but love a dramatic lash so I was using fake lashes that destroyed what I had. I purchased this and within 2 weeks my lashes were strong, shiny and long! Super amazing product!!!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2013 5:11:00 AM More reviews by jamster86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This serum definitely works as a mascara base in so much as it makes lashes look longer and more voluminous. However, it definitely lessens the staying power of the mascara you use with it (I have tried it with my Diorshow Iconic and also lancome hypnose which normally stays on me all day without any problems). It smudges rather than flakes and makes your mascara have a bit of a greasy feel.

As a serum used daily overnight it doesn't seem to have done anything for my lashes.

However, positives are that its a similar price to my favourite lash primer, lancome cils booster, but almost double the quantity, so if this one works for you then it might be much better value! Sadly for me a bit of a let down.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by bellabaluba

I have stubborn straight Asian lashes, and have tried primers from Estée Lauder, Lancôme++. The other ones I tried were too wet, making my lashes to fall straight down after applying (even when I curl them). The formulas did not give me noticeable extra length either.

I like both the wand and the formula. The formula makes my lashes become longer and does not make them fall down. The wand keeps the lashes separated and not clumpy (even though it has a gel like consistency). After applying, you have to let it dry a little bit before applying mascara. If not the lashes fall down.

I have repurchased this several times, and I am very happy with this primer!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2013 8:24:00 AM More reviews by ellie179

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Did thicken and lengthen my lashes for a bit of oomph but nothing too dramatic for the price you pay. Hardly a month in and for some reason the mascara brush head got unscrewed from the wand, rendering it pretty much useless.Not something I'd repurchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2013 7:54:00 AM More reviews by hyunji82

I went on a makeover at the Dior counter after I got my foundation and the makeup artist applied this product on me.

My eyelashes are not very long and they look a bit bland. So I always put on mascara and eyeliner during the week.

The product itself is like a white gel kinda liquid with no particular smell or anything like that. You apply this into your lashes or your eyeline and it dries quite quickly. Then I would put on my mascara and eyeliner.

I think it does make your eyelashes longer but not fuller - obviously if you dont have many lashes to begin with, they are not going to look fuller unless you put on multiple coatings of mascara.

I do feel that my lashes look a bit more defined with this product and I think it is good for eyeliner as well cuz the eyeliner stays put for ages until you remove it at night.

It says that it makes your eyelashes to its full potential but I dont think there's magic to it. It does what it says on the tin - your lashes look longer and plumper.

It was about 32 Euros here in Ireland but I'm quite happy with the result. I might buy it again although it is quite pricey.