October 25, 2014 | 1540 users online

Treatments (Face) - La Roche Posay - Effaclar Duo

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2014 7:14:00 AM More reviews by pratty01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I am on my second tube. found it damn annoying to squeeze out the last bit of product from the first tube. which is why my score for packaging is 2 lippies. i dont like to waste product but unless i was gonna cut open the tube there is noway i could have gotton the last bit.

the product itself has an amazing consistancy, its not like anything i've used before. i dont know if this is the right word for it, but its mildly grainy, not like scrub grainy but its not creamy.. its strange, but strangely good. you have to feel it to know what i mean.

its slightly cooling when applied, skin feels refreshed. works wonderfully in keping breakouts at bay if used regularly, key word being "regularly' ; this is not an over night treatment, atleast not for me. but use it for a week and you see a dramatic difference in the texture of your skin, less breakouts and more refined to touch.

i have used it alone and under a moisturiser and its wonderfull both ways. if you are on acne meds or other acne fighting products i dont think you can sub this for a moisturiser, it just wont be enough. this has to be used like a treatment under your regular moisturiser. but if you're the girl with an odd breakout or two around that time of the month, i suggest swapping your regular moiturser with this for a week leading upto your period. you will notice a difference i promise. but remember, you have to use it for a week continuously to see dramatic difference.

its a trustworthy product but you have to let it work for you by being consistent.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 5:38:00 PM More reviews by erikakakaka

Best moisturizer I have ever used! I have always struggled with terrible breakouts, but since I started using this my skin has been perfectly clear!! Amazing! Have just purchased my second tube today!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by Jessicalc

Best product/serum I have ever used! Fast acting, immediate results and continual results! Cleared up my skin and continues to! What more could you want from a product! I have recommended it to so many people who now love it too! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2014 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Danni15

When I first bought this, I was used to using much more harsh things on my skin ( like Clean & Clear's salicylic acid spot treatment) so I thought it wasn't working when I didn't see results. But a couple months ago I started using it every morning, before I applied my moisturiser. I just gently rub it onto the affected areas and then apply my Vichy Normaderm moisturiser, and then apply my make up. I've found that this has also minimised the appearance of my pores which is awesome :) It is a bit on the pricier side but it's definitely well worth it! A bottle usually lasts me about 2-3 months which is nice as well.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by crimsonidol

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Honestly, I hate to be one of the reviews to give this a bad rating, but as for my experience, it worked terribly; or should I say, it worked well, in a terrible way!
It made my breakout so sore, red, swollen, and itchy that it turned to cystic pimples. Ewww
And I'm not the type of person that gets acne or breakouts often at all.
It kept hurting and hurting. I thought, based on the reviews I read, if I kept using it, it would eventually get rid of the breakout. But alas, the little white dots turned into big red acne pimples that kept getting worse. I stopped using it and it got a bit better within a day. So much calmer.
I ended up returning this product.
This is based on my own experience solely.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2014 5:41:00 PM More reviews by shones22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

quite excited about this for attempting to soothe and calm and clear up my little bumps and quell breakouts. I lasted two weeks. Yes, there is meant to be a purging period but my skin looked initially good for two/three days not clear but smoother and then.....lots and lots of little red pimples on my cheeks and forehead, lipline and one lovely one on the tip of my nose. I think a purging period is just guff really more like a reaction from your skin and this did not agree with me. But that is just my sensitive, dry/oily/pimple prone skin and it may suit you as my sister's skin was just glowing and even and absolutely gorgeous with it. Not one breakout, very even toned. Not cheap but mid range and imagine it would last me about two months with twice daily use. Felt nice going on and did improve the dry patches on my cheeks even though it is not marketed as doing that.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2014 6:56:00 PM More reviews by Mametchi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

To start: I have had acne since I was 12. I'm 24 now, my acne is finally going away because I've been taking vitamin A supplements. (Who knew). Luckily, I only have a few enlarged pores on the delicate areas from all the years of stubborn acne- but they are on my cheeks and nose (to me, obvious). Recently I noticed the one on my cheek looking more noticeable. I was in tears. All the years of acne and now this. I was even considering an expensive derm treatment where they burn your skin or something. I trust this brand quality after using their amazing sunscreen and tried it after reading reviews. OMG !!!!!amazing. Instantly my pores shrunk up. I'm using this everyday. Thank god for this. Try it totally worth 40 bucks.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2014 11:22:00 PM More reviews by missjjww

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I haven't tried this long enough to say that it improves my skin. But what I can say, is that it is a great oil controller especially when used under foundation or BB cream. I'm going to use this as my new primer, it's great. As for the skin improvement claims, I'll have to see how it goes over time with regular use.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2014 3:53:00 AM More reviews by ifi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i had the worst acne all over my face and i've been using this product for less than 2 weeks and it's already changed my skin...!!! i love it it's amazing and i have tried a million acne products..

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2014 2:37:00 PM More reviews by EllieA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely terrible! I have sensitive acne prone skin and after months of hearing the hype i finally bought the new Effaclar duo +. I had afew spots on my chin area and after a couple of days I was horrified by the outburst of small spots all around my chin. I know that it was this product because it only appeared where I applied this product. So so gutted, It obviously works for some people but not for me. Devastated :(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No