July 22, 2014 | 1151 users online

Treatments (Face) - La Roche Posay - Effaclar Duo

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 2:20:00 AM More reviews by princessmichelle

I have been using this product for 1 year now. I have been shifting products before I found this miracle product. I have been using it day and night and I use Effaclar Mat after I apply it. Plus La Roche Posay Uvidea tinted cream as my last step in the morning. Because of Effaclar dou my pores are incredibly smaller and I dont have occasional breakout which has been constantly popping out before and during my monthly period. I highly recommend this

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2013 1:20:00 AM More reviews by letseat

I totally agree with plumsandmaroons review. I broke out initially everywhere on my face (purging?) and then my skin settle down as my pores became more enlarged.

I used to use this everyday to get rid of my blocked pores, however since it's helped me with my problem areas I only use it every so often on the areas where I need it. If you are looking for something to gently get rid of your acne this is your saviour. It's not something that works immediately but rather after a couple of weeks so you've got to be patient to see the results.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2013 12:39:00 AM More reviews by Musetta1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am using the formulation without benzoyl peroxide. I have very sensitive skin, which loves to clog up- I get a lot of tiny pore blockages and blackheads, but I rarely get pimples.

I apply Effaclar Duo after my moisturiser at night, as otherwise my poor skin gets too irritated, and that may decrease the effectiveness a bit.

However, it's doing what I want- I have less clogged pores, and a better texture overall, and of course, moisturiser actually works better when your skin is exfoliated. So, all in all, this is a good product to try if you have congested skin and want a more refined texture. My skin also seems to be a lot less oily, since I started using this.

I wish they wouldn't put fragrance in it, however. I like to chose what I smell like...

Edited: this did not seem to do much in the end, and I just got oily again!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2013 5:23:00 AM More reviews by cortana09

Having dealt with acne for most of my life, I have tried most pharmacy products, not to mention antibiotics and prescription creams. I'd consider my acne moderate, and I can't actually remember the last time i was completely clear. I think i was pretty impatient so lack of product consistency may have been a factor in none of these ever doing the long term trick of clearing my skin.

I've been using Efflaclar and the gel cleanser together for about a 2 months now (a record for me!) and I've very impressed with the results. Although I'm not completely clear yet, I'm miles better than I was when I started and I'm pretty confident I'll get there soon.

I have the EU version which doesnt contain benzoyl peroxide. I'm allergic to that ingredient and I hear the US version has it, which might be where alot of the negative reviews here on MUA are coming from - due to the redness, itchiness, etc that benzoyl peroxide does to you.

That said, when i first started it felt a bit tingly/itchy on application. This is normal and your skin gets used to it. So dont worry if this happens to you, its just the product working it magic. Also LRP is formulated for sensitive skin and after all the things I do to my skin trying to get it clear, the gentle formula is a godsend!

The best thing about this is that it really give a GREAT matte look. Even applying overnight and waking up the next morning, my skin is still matte. And about after a couple hours after application, it completely smoothes out the skin and reduces redness.
Its great to wear makeup on too, that said, don't wear makeup over Effaclar duo overnight... I found i got clogged pores after doing that. I think it was too much heavy product on my face for it to handle!

All in all, its a decent price and will last awhile. I would recommend at least trying it and using it consistently!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2013 6:49:00 PM More reviews by plumsandmaroons

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i have sensitive,acne-prone skin. my acne was usually in the form of stubborn comedones-on my cheeks-, i barely had big break outs,-usually once in two month, in my period- , i used some medication before - not as drugs, just creams-it was going ok for a while and then going back to its stubborn version again.

so i went to pharmacy and had a skin checked, the man said i have intensity under my skin and it need to be come out,and it can be worse for a while, he said 3 to 4 weeks, and i just accept this and started to use this.

i am using effaclar duo europe version with avene cleanance gel, and avene thermal water.i had no major break-outs before i start.i m on the 10th day, so this review will be updated until i get good results of it.

first week
-a little bit dryness on the cheeks
-a HUGE break-out on my cheek, came out of nowhere,it doesnt heal, it s just drying and becoming a scab, seems like it wont go for a long time.
-little zits come out, i can feel the skin is pouring out.
-redness..
-after the 4th day, skin starts to get smooth, and pores are getting tighter visibly

second week
-pores are almost invisible
-soooo many new break outs, and not only in the cheek area, EVERYWHERE!

- i had to stop using it daily cause it was hurting my face and making it really sensitive, so i stop using it for about 1 week or so, and then only used it when i feel my skin really needs it. it does the same thing (makes the acne come out ) and it heals, and i stop using it until i need it again. Now i am using it 1-2 times a week. If i make it 3 my skin starts to hurt. It is not -a so gentle- treatment, but it works.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2013 2:46:00 AM More reviews by CristineF

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this treatment paired with the cleansing gel so obviously I use them together... twice a day... I could not be more satisfied with the results... I have very sensitive, acne prone skin. Breakouts twice a month are the norm. This treatment duo cleared my skin in a month. Back in the days I could only archive such performance by staying on a gluten free diet. I used to say that no matter how high-end your skin care products are they won't make half the difference a right diet would. Well here's an exception.

A little bit about the product's look and feel. Both the treatment and the gel cleanser have a very pleasant smell... I'd say it's something of jasmine and lime blend. More lime than jasmine but not overpowering at all. Quite unexpected from an pharmaceutic product, they usually smell terrible. The cleanser cleans very well but makes very little lather.. . if it was more lathering I would have bought two and use one as a body wash as I have back acne too. The treatment comes in clever packaging - I don't have to worry about squeezing too much, it also has a mattifying effect but is a tiny bit drying so I still have to use moisturiser on cheeks.

The bottom line: This skincare answers all my calls: effective, good smell, non-irritating, good packaging. My favourite form all the french pharmacie brands.

PS: Please bear in mind that I am an European customer. It is a major factor to consider. I buy all the french brands from pharmacies in Eastern Europe where I live and they are identical to those in France... I once tried buying the same products in USA and they were very different from what I expected. Different smell and different ingredients (!) listed on the package.. Sad but true. Maybe we could photograph the packaging (showing the ingredients list) and post it here on MUA so we can compare. I was researching this matter and apparently a lot of french pharmacy brands have these variations going on...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2013 9:47:00 AM More reviews by irf7

Biggest thumbs up. I've been usin this product for about 2 months and It has done so much for my face. The price I think is a bit expensive for 40ml... I am almost out. It's cleared most of my breakouts too.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2013 2:24:00 PM More reviews by AngieTheCosmeticManiac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Other, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Black

I was so hyped to use this product after reading the reviews. I tried the cleansing gel wash which feels nice and smooth when wet on the skin but leaves it dry. The moisturizer gives me a "bad tingle" like I have scratches on my skin. my mom felt the same thing however this product is a life saver for my sister. I have used the product for close to 2weeks now and all I have is dry skin worse than before. I think this product is either an epic fail or a life saver... you will never know until you try.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2013 6:24:00 AM More reviews by karaduquette

DONT BUY THIS. Woke up with red blotchy rashes all over my face. So mad. This stuff is poison.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by Hannah1809

I have heard rave reviews about this product so i thought i'd give it a try - I have combination skin which can sometimes be prone to minor pimples. Worst decision ever!!! This product gave me a rash all over my face after only two days of use. It hasn't given me any more pimples however i now have very itchy tiny bumps all over my entire face. I must be allergic to one of the chemicals in the product. So disappointed.