MAC Sheertone blush in Tenderling

4.3

Talc, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Zea Mays (Corn Starch), Octyldodecyl Lactate, Silica, Dimethicone, Zeolite, Isononyl Isononanoate, Zinc Stearate, Dehydroacetic Acid, BHT, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sorbic Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben. May contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Ultramarines, Blue 1 Lake, Red 6, Red 7, Red 7 Lake, Red 30, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake.

on 5/24/2011 10:27:00 AM

I fully second the reviewer's praises below me - Tenderling's perfect nude pink mix gives me just enough color but doesn't enhance any ruddiness I might be experiencing (I'm a very golden NC25 with problematic redness and unevenness). For those accustomed to very vivid, pigmented blushes, Tenderling may be a bit of an adjustment blush - this doesn't deliver much more than a natural flush would, so it's not at all obvious you're wearing blush (which is the point, yes?). It's not even the kind of color one would obtain after running in the cold, or after a rather embarrassing moment. Admittedly, I feel like I have to pack lots of this on just to get that perfect color - it is a Sheertone, after all - but once I do obtain enough pigment on my skin, it's just clean, fresh, and very pretty.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This blush looks really natural on me. I have problematic, sensitive skin that gets ruddy, so I don't want to add blush tones that will enhance that. Tenderling is a good mix of pink, peach, and beige that enhances my face without bringing out the very problems I am trying to conceal. Great packaging as is typical of MAC.

on 12/10/2010 5:59:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This blush is perfect if you are trying to achieve a very natural look. It gives my cheeks just enough color to be noticeable, yet still so natural. The color itself is a bit hard to describe. I'd say it's a soft rosey beige color. More beige than anything. I'm NC20 and it suits my skin color beautifully. I actually can wear this with most of my makeup looks, which rare for a blush. I find myself using it the most with a smokey eye. It doesn't make your cheeks the focal point of your face, but it definitely gives a pretty glow. I really love this blush, and if you are looking for a natural, pretty color I would recommend this.

on 12/8/2010 3:56:00 PM

RIS and this is perfect for when I want my blush to be subtle,such as when I do a strong eye look.Its a very nudey pink on me and looks so natural as if Im healthy and awake even if Im not.I wouldnt have bought it cos it does look boring but now I've gotten it thru a swap,I would repurchase.

on 12/7/2010 4:08:00 PM

I got this thinking it'll look natural which it does but it may be a little too light for my skin I guess. I'm an olive skin/fair skin tone. I'm going to exchange it cause it doesn't look too visible for me not that I want it to look like I have blush on which isn't the idea of blush but it's just too dead on me, I'm going with BUFF which is a matte blush and similar shade and more visible with my skin tone :)

on 10/21/2010 10:31:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This was exactly what I was looking for. Not peachy, not pink, not brown but a little bit of all. It looks very natural and I can wear this with anything. To me, staying power was also impressive. I didn't pay the full price since I bought it from an outlet store. But I would definitely pay the full price if I had to. I'm thinking about not repurchasing my Chanel Joues Contraste blush because of the price difference.

on 10/15/2010 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Used sparingly on my fair skin, it's actually quite pretty; not too pink and not too brown and, most importantly, not too "blushy". It looks really natural. However, after trying out Cubic, I think Cubic is better suited for those with cooler tones.

on 9/11/2010 9:46:00 AM

I have very pale skin with a horrible underlying ruddiness which I like to minimise as much as possible. This blush is a perfect shade to give my complexion a bit of oomph without looking 'made-up'. It is a very natural shade and perfect for pale complexions. It makes me look a lot fresher and gives quite a youthful look. My only caution to all my fair-skinned sisters out there is to use a very light hand with this. Despite the other reviews by slightly darker skinned women I found that a little goes a long way on my skin tone.

on 9/5/2010 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this about a montha ago. Its a nice Peachy/browny/pink id say. I have brown hair and medium to light skin.
And it doesnt really show up on me, I triend it ontop of differnt foundations Like makeup forever HD foundation-125 or bare minerals in light n15, And I feel like I need to apply alot To get a colour pay off. But as I am a MUA I used in yesterday on a bride who is Very Pale Irish skin and Blonde hair. And it worked perfect for her. I used a Mac nc15 mixed with mac N1 doundation on her. And its showed up well, and was very bridal. Prob would buy again. But not for me for Clients

Tenderling is a great nude blush that can also be used for contouring (which is what I use it for). I'm fair skinned--NW10--and it has not turned coral-y or orange on me, but I know that it has on others. I think it's a great compliment to a strong smoky eye. A good staple to have for us fair skinned chicks.