April 16, 2014 | 1017 users online

Powder - Too Faced - AMAZING FACE SPF FOUNDATION

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2011 12:15:00 PM More reviews by elwoods17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried probably every single powder foundation out there after my HG Anna Sui powdery foundation being discontinued. That said, I have been trying three kinds out this one Too Faced in Honey Beige, MUFE in 203, and Benefit Hello Flawless in Petal. I keep going back to this one! The color is a great match for my olive skin tone and especially with the summer right now I love that it has SPF in it! It goes on so smooth. It does not look chalky, which is my main complaint about Hello Flawless (soooo chalky!) and MUFE. MUFE packaging is horrible and rinky dink. Actually broke. I am going to return the Benefit and get another one of these because it is so great!

I have oily skin and prone to pore clogging which leads to breakout. This powder does not beak me out at all. In fact, it seems to almost calm my skin. Must have some kind of natural ingredients that do this. I love it! Don't ever discontinue this please Too Faced!!! Finally I found a NEW HG!! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2011 11:58:00 AM More reviews by marie2555

EDIT: Ok, so I'm sad to say that I found this was the culprit of my cosmetic acne around my nose. And, after trying different powders, I've found that the coverage or finish of this stuff isn't impressive. Everyday minerals totally stumps this, with coverage, finish, color, not breaking me out, etc. Maybellines dream matte powder reminds me of this stuff alot, coverage is close (although that's not why I use it), and it keeps me matte for longer.

So... this is probably one of the most expensive makeup products I've bought in a while. I'm a drugstore makeup junkie. But I figured no drugstore makeup would cover up acne marks and dark circles the way I want... atleast not without layering and caking and ew. So... after exploring the ulta like a kid in a candy store, swatching all of the powder foundations I could get my hands on, I found this one to have the best looking coverage and feel. The price made me cringe a little bit, as the powder foundation I was using costed me 4$... moving up to 32$ was a little crazy. However, so far I'm really liking this. The main thing that caught my eye aside from the adorable packaging, was the texture of this stuff. It makes my pores really disappear... and I think this stuff also controls my oil really well. The coverage is great... I'd say it's medium coverage, I wouldn't try getting up to full coverage with this though, like all makeup it will get cakey. Also... this stuff clings for its life on any dry patches... so I really don't think this would be a good idea at all for those with dry, flaky skin. It covers up my acne marks well, the only thing I need to conceal is my under eye circles. If you've got full blown pimples.. I don't know how well it will work... but that's what concealer's for. Another thing to take note of... if you have breakout prone skin I can't tell you if this will break you out or not. I've only worn it for 2 days and for a short period of time. The only reason I bought this without fear of breaking out is because I've never broken out from powder foundations. Anyway, my main complaint with this is how small the amount of foundation you get is. I mean I guess it's like any other powder compact but the price does not justify the amount you're given. Another thing... they have a very small selection of shades. I got vanilla cream, and although it matches my skin now.. I have no idea if I can keep my skin that pale during the summer. And the shade a step lighter is far too yellow, and medium just looks way too dark for me to ever dream of wearing.

But.. overall it's the best I've used, which might not say much... but whatever xD. I actually tried wearing the alone with nothing else on my face (primer,concealer,foundation,etc) and it looked pretty darn good. With a little bit of moisturizer on dry spots and concealer on a blemish or 2 and dark circles.. my face would look close to flaweless. It covered up redness the best though, so if you have redness then I strongly suggest this.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2011 8:49:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

A good pressed powder is incredibly invaluable, especially for people like me with combination skin who really need to touch up over the course of the day. I bought this intending to replace my MAC Studio fix powder compact with it in my purse. In the meantime I used it as a finishing powder and as a regular foundation on its own from time to time. I was quickly displeased with both the so-so coverage and how fast I hit pan on it. I did use it up but won't bother with it again. There are too many superior powders out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2011 8:34:00 PM More reviews by bribri123

This is so great and easy to use! I would say it has medium coverage but if u build it up it can look cakey and powdery. Especially if you have a liquid foundation underneath it. For me I usually just use concealer under it and it gives me a flawlessly natural face. The packaging is also adorable, it makes me smile! The only two cons to this product is the smell, it smells like sunscreen because there is SPF 15. It doesn't really smell strong on your skin, but while your applying it you can defenitly smell the sunscreen. Also the cost. It was 32 bucks!!!! Defenitly a splurge for me, but I love it! I would defenitly repurchase, it's absolutly perfect for summer, medium coverage, lightweight, quick, and has SPF. GO BUY if your iffy on it!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2011 1:15:00 PM More reviews by shill822

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this on a whim while shopping and when I first tried it, I was not impressed. After adding Origins Vitazing moisturizer to my skin care regime, I decided to use the foundation as a setting powder and VIOLA! what a difference. I apply my MAC ProLongwear concealer first and finish with this powder using a large buffer brush. My skin feels soft and has a great natural finish. I like the fact that the foundation is buildable for those days when I need more coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2011 10:38:00 PM More reviews by apollosfrock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can pretty much copy the last two reviewers word for word! They pretty much sum this product up for me really well. I'm also sad to report that my cheaper powder foundations (covergirl pocket powder and maybeline purestay) not only have better coverage but arn't as chalky and drying. Given the price for this product ($32) I am so dissapointed. I am using a tiny bit with a big fluffy brush as my setting powder untill it is gone so I can at least not feel guilty over not using it. I am super oily and it is already heating up here in california but I have to be careful to only use a tiny amount of this or I will look so dry and dull and my face will feel tight and uncomfortable. Also, it accentuates any dry flaky area you never even knew you had. And I know what you're thinking, hey lady this IS a powder foundation of course it will accentuate dryness! Well, with my covergirl and maybeline powder foundations have no dry spots! Pooooo Too Faced.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2011 10:01:00 PM More reviews by missmayra

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this, but it just didn't rock my world.  I used it as a setting powder over moisturizer, primer and foundation and this made my face feel dry and tight.  On me it looked dull and chalky.
On the plus side, I'm normal to oily and had no oil come through with this.  It didn't work for me but may be worth a try for very oily skin!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2011 1:28:00 AM More reviews by BeautyLovee

This powder does not have enough coverage.. It comes off easily and its chalky looking. Not repurchasing..

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2011 6:46:00 AM More reviews by EffieH

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this powder after seeing it MUA's most recently reviewed section -- bought the vanilla cream color and it is just great! I've been using Lauren Hutton's Aqua Elements foundation powder in pink (I'm 54 years old) and although I still love it, the color was a tiny tad too dark for me. But I've been using the Too Faced powder first, with a little bit of the Aqua Elements over it and WOW!! I've been getting so many compliments on my makeup now! The Too Faced Amazing Face really hides so many flaws, while looking perfectly natural! It also stays very matte on my skin without getting shiny later on in the day. I use a powder brush and not the applicator pad that came with it. AND the container it comes in is absolutely adorable!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2011 5:43:00 PM More reviews by missd1985

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am not one who uses powders, I usually use a liquid foundation and some bronzer or blush. I bought this to try something new. For a powder I loved it. It actually had pretty great coverage for just a powder. It matched my skin tone perfectly.