Too Faced AMAZING FACE SPF FOUNDATION

Talc, Silica, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Dimethicone, Serenoa Serrulata Fruit Extract, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Extract, Argania Spinosa Kernel Extract, Bambusa Arundinacea Stem Powder, Octyldodecyl Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. ( /-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 7/14/2011 5:07:00 PM

i dont use this as a powder foundation (because personally, i hate how powder foundations make people look), but as a setting powder and it works great. it mattifies wonderfully without leaving behind a dry sensation and it stays on all night. i use it in warm vanilla which matches me perfectly, although their limited selection is a bit worrisome.

on 7/14/2011 4:32:00 PM

I really liked how this powder FELT - it almost has a cool (temperature) feeling to it and it is so soft and silky.

A lot of reviewers said this was sheer on them - however on my skin I thought this had medium-good coverage. I used a blush brush to apply. I also got the Too Faced vanilla concealer to use under this. I liked the combo.

I agree that the color selection is too limited. I was in-between colors and ultimately that is why I stopped using this, combined with the fact that it's much spendier than my normal drug-store makeup. There is a deceptively small amout of product in the container.

I do think it is a good product though - specifically for people looking for a lightweight medium coverage makeup. I never tried applying with the included sponge, so I can't comment on that.

on 7/4/2011 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is decent. It blends great, does not cake, leaves my skin very soft, and does not make my skin more oily than it already is. However, the shade selection of this product is very limited. It works great and meets all my standards, but it isn't anything special that makes me go 'wow.' I wish the coverage was heavier. It is a highly sheer powder.

on 7/3/2011 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought this because I was looking for a replacement to my EDM foundation. I'm still a huge fan of EDM but have to leave the power foundations alone as they no longer agree with my aging skin. A friend recommended this foundation, with the caveat that it was expensive (it is - $32) but works really well with aging skin. I normally steer clear of H/E stuff because I just can't bring myself to drop that much money on ONE item. But, I took a chance and almost immediately had buyers remorse. You don't even get a full ounce of product for the super high price. I could tell it wouldn't take long before I hit the bottom of the pan. So, I promptly returned it and felt almost immediate relief. The product itself is pretty good. It gives medium, buildable coverage but I can't stomach paying so much for so little. I wouldn't buy again.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I do like this foundation. It's convenient and looks pretty natural. The coverage is pretty good, but for someone who needs more of it you have to either keep building it up or get a good concealer to use with it. It does a pretty good job of evening out the skin tone without much effort,and I think the sponge works well with it. All that said, I'm not satisfied with how little is actually in the pan. It's easier to use up cause the formula is dustier, and especially if you need more coverage you're going to need to use up more at once. I hadn't used it that many times and already I started to see the pan come through. Maybe im just comparing it to other powder foundations that take forever to use up, im not sure. I know I dont use ths THAT often and it still went fast. Even though I like it and it's easy to use, $32 seems like a lot to spend if you're going to use it up that quickly. I know there are people out there who might not have to use that much or who don't have as much to conceal, but for gals that do (girls with darker or redder scarring), you'll go though this too quickly. It's a decent foundation, just not sure about the price for what you get.

on 6/30/2011 3:43:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

As a powder fdtn hoor I had high expectations for this due to all the positive reviews. Sigh. This was not a win for me. Very, very light coverage. I'd even say minimal and could/should be used as a setting powder for most. I don't mind using concealer first on my broken caps or other flaws but this would not blend over the concealer and "pooled up" somehow on my nose and cheeks. It was patchy and pasty. Give it 2 stars for no oxidation ( a big problem for me) and good color range, though small. I don't know if it's the formulation or the milling but this powder just would not blend and stuck on in odd patches looking horrible. Up for swap!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

When I first tried this product - having purchased it from ASOS for considerably less than it was priced on the Two Faced websites and various sites I checked - I wasn't convinced that it was worthy of all the positive reviews. I can now safely say my opinion has been revised having worn it for a day.

I have very light skin, and it is is often a struggle to find foundations that are a) pale enough and b) don't oxidise and darken on my t-zone. When I applied the powder to my Gosh primed skin, using a flat topped kabuki brush, I thought it was going to be too orangey. I bought the palest shade, Vanilla Creme, so it would have been a nuaisance if it had been. I applied plenty of powder, and while I noticed that it applied beautifully with minimal dryness (which I knew would vanish anyway, once my skin produced any bit of oil) I detected a distinct orangey tinge. I kept going and finished my makeup, then got on with my day.

Throughout the day I glanced in the mirror and was impressed with the powder's durability. It didn't go shiny at any stage, which is most unusual for any foundation on my skin - my face usually sports an oily t-zone, requiring brisk powdering, by about 3pm each day. It looked really natural, and the orange I had thought I had seen was not there once it had time to sink into the skin.

It came into its own particularly at night, when it made my skin look positively flawless and very porcelain-like. I liked that it didn't fade from above and below my lips, which some foundations I own have been doing when subjected to sweat or heat of any type. The real test for this foundation will be whether it can withstand a day of rushing around at work (I'm a waitress). Updates on that one later, but for the time being I definitely recommend.

on 6/14/2011 9:48:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I have purchased this product five times and I am absolutely in love! I have always had a very difficult time finding a product that didn't turn my fair skin with pink undertones a weird orange tint. I decided to invest in this fairly pricey powder foundation (I use vanilla creme) and it matches my skin perfectly! It creates a perfectly even, matte finish and can be used as either a slightly sheer powder or can be built on as more of a foundation. I use this with cheap-o concealer and it hides blemishes flawlessly. This is an AMAZING product that is worth every penny!

on 6/6/2011 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have tried probably every single powder foundation out there after my HG Anna Sui powdery foundation being discontinued. That said, I have been trying three kinds out this one Too Faced in Honey Beige, MUFE in 203, and Benefit Hello Flawless in Petal. I keep going back to this one! The color is a great match for my olive skin tone and especially with the summer right now I love that it has SPF in it! It goes on so smooth. It does not look chalky, which is my main complaint about Hello Flawless (soooo chalky!) and MUFE. MUFE packaging is horrible and rinky dink. Actually broke. I am going to return the Benefit and get another one of these because it is so great!

I have oily skin and prone to pore clogging which leads to breakout. This powder does not beak me out at all. In fact, it seems to almost calm my skin. Must have some kind of natural ingredients that do this. I love it! Don't ever discontinue this please Too Faced!!! Finally I found a NEW HG!! :)

on 5/29/2011 11:58:00 AM

EDIT: Ok, so I'm sad to say that I found this was the culprit of my cosmetic acne around my nose. And, after trying different powders, I've found that the coverage or finish of this stuff isn't impressive. Everyday minerals totally stumps this, with coverage, finish, color, not breaking me out, etc. Maybellines dream matte powder reminds me of this stuff alot, coverage is close (although that's not why I use it), and it keeps me matte for longer.

So... this is probably one of the most expensive makeup products I've bought in a while. I'm a drugstore makeup junkie. But I figured no drugstore makeup would cover up acne marks and dark circles the way I want... atleast not without layering and caking and ew. So... after exploring the ulta like a kid in a candy store, swatching all of the powder foundations I could get my hands on, I found this one to have the best looking coverage and feel. The price made me cringe a little bit, as the powder foundation I was using costed me 4$... moving up to 32$ was a little crazy. However, so far I'm really liking this. The main thing that caught my eye aside from the adorable packaging, was the texture of this stuff. It makes my pores really disappear... and I think this stuff also controls my oil really well. The coverage is great... I'd say it's medium coverage, I wouldn't try getting up to full coverage with this though, like all makeup it will get cakey. Also... this stuff clings for its life on any dry patches... so I really don't think this would be a good idea at all for those with dry, flaky skin. It covers up my acne marks well, the only thing I need to conceal is my under eye circles. If you've got full blown pimples.. I don't know how well it will work... but that's what concealer's for. Another thing to take note of... if you have breakout prone skin I can't tell you if this will break you out or not. I've only worn it for 2 days and for a short period of time. The only reason I bought this without fear of breaking out is because I've never broken out from powder foundations. Anyway, my main complaint with this is how small the amount of foundation you get is. I mean I guess it's like any other powder compact but the price does not justify the amount you're given. Another thing... they have a very small selection of shades. I got vanilla cream, and although it matches my skin now.. I have no idea if I can keep my skin that pale during the summer. And the shade a step lighter is far too yellow, and medium just looks way too dark for me to ever dream of wearing.

But.. overall it's the best I've used, which might not say much... but whatever xD. I actually tried wearing the alone with nothing else on my face (primer,concealer,foundation,etc) and it looked pretty darn good. With a little bit of moisturizer on dry spots and concealer on a blemish or 2 and dark circles.. my face would look close to flaweless. It covered up redness the best though, so if you have redness then I strongly suggest this.