Conair Infiniti You Curl No Clamp Curling Iron

4.6

on 5/7/2012 10:02:00 PM

I was in desperate need of some kind of hair curler when I bought this. I was sick of using my straightener to curl my hair because it took forever, and the curls didnt always turn out the best.
I found out about curling wands while watching some videos on Youtube, and I was intrigued! I really wanted to try one out, so all I did was take a small trip to Walmart, found this, and pretty much bought it. I didnt really think anything of it, I like Conair, its actually one of my favorite hair tool brands so I had faith that this was going to be an excellent product. And it is!
For the price, it was around $45.00 , I bought it a couple months ago so dont quote me on it. The straightener I use is actually more then $100.00 so I thought it was a very good price.
There's nothing fancy about how it looks, I mean I dont care about that kind of stuff. I liked that it came with a heat protectent glove for me it works and I do use it when curling my hair. I like that it doesnt automatically switch to a setting, it comes with many different heat settings so for my thick hair it curls, but for the people with fine hair, you can set it to a lower heat. The curling barrel is a normal size, not to big, not to small, just decent!
For the overall product it was worth the money! It curls my hair nicely, I can make bigger messy curls, or I can make small ringlets! I get to style it the way I want to and thats what I love about curling wands!
I hope everyone who has bought this product likes it just as much as me- or more, and for the people who havent bought it- go for it:))

on 4/30/2012 10:10:00 PM

Love this curling wand. I find my hair never holds a curl but with this wand, the curl can last for days. It's great for creating curls and waves.

on 4/25/2012 11:15:00 PM

If you have thin hair maybe this is for you. If you want beachy waves this is your immediate staycation. If you have thick hair and want safari ( lion mane) this is definitely for you. I got the mane beach effect...kind of cool but a definite look. Might keep it for variety. Not that skilled at creating perfect consistent curls with this. Tried the Conair clamp and did fine. Thought this would be better but totally different. might go for the hot tools next. This iron is considered wild in my book. The clamp iron would make more consistent, conservative curls.

on 4/7/2012 7:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I first hated this product.

Then I got used to it and started becoming familiar with this wand. My waves are defined and last all day (the next day looks better!) without any hairspray!

I got mine for 30$ at frys electronics haha, funny place to purchase this but nonetheless very happy. Love love love!

on 3/30/2012 8:25:00 PM

Curling irons have never been my friend; they either made my hair super kinky, or got it caught in the clamp, causing it to break off. I got this for the past christmas, and after I got the hang of how to hold it and twirl my hair onto it, it's been a DREAM. The curls stay in even through strong winds, and the volume and bounciness is still there the next day after I've slept on it.
While I am rating this a 5, there are a couple downsides, but nothing that outweighs the pros! Firstly, I find it a bit difficult to keep my hair from sliding down the wand to the thinner part. I try to keep my hair healthy by not using high heat on it, but the lowest this goes is 315 F. I've also not been able to get the loose beachy waves I really want with this; though that is far more likely to be my own inexperience.

on 3/12/2012 8:36:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I got this as a gift this past Christmas, and I'll admit I was somewhat skeptical. My hair is naturally wavy, thick, and curling it usually takes FOREVER. Not to mention that I have to load it with products to get it to hold a curl.

All of that being said, the first time I used this, my mind was blown. I was used to those traditional clamped irons, and I've never been particularly good at using them on myself. I find them awkward. This, however, was a dream to use. I got beautiful bouncy curls in about 20 minutes. I used a small spritz of hairspray, and they lasted all day. Even after sleeping on them, my hair looked great. This wand heats evenly, and can easily be used to create tight curls, or loose waves. My favorite way to use it now is to reshape my natural loose curls into slightly more structured ones. It gives my hair such amazing body. I can honestly say that I'd never go back to using a regular curling iron.

The only negative thing I have to say about this is that it's easy to bump the power button while you're using it. But since it heats up so quickly, its not really a huge deal.

Hello ladies, im one of those girls that her hair would "not hold a curl" and i have tried multiple curling irons, of all kinds clamp, no clamp, wave, wand.. and NONE of them have worked. NONE, ZIP. then i went and got this one for a REASONABLY great price! it has made my hair work fantastic! every time i curl it, it takes about 10-15 seconds for each strand of hair. no more! its heats up in like 5 seconds, and it hold the curls for like days!!! the only ONLY time i have ever lost my curls is when i shower. other then that my hair stays in a curl until i straighten/shower/or do something else. if your girls are looking for a curler to use.. THIS.IS.IT. you can never go wrong with the infiniti you curl.!!

on 2/24/2012 11:27:00 PM

Joining the raving crowd of MUA because this is my official HG of curling irons. FTR my hair is oily, naturally blonde, fine yet heavy, never holds a curl despite the curl-boosting ubermegahold gels and hairspray. I would normally spend close to an hour curling my hair and it would fall flat in less than 20 minutes the moment I go outside...but I regress..

I purchased the XL version at Walmart for $40. To give it a fair test, I only used a silicone-based heat protector from Marc Anthony (that would never fly with my old curling iron). Oh, and no hairspray. Lo and behold, not only my curls turned out absolutely gorgeous, they also lasted all day and (!) the following day! Day 1 curls were pretty beach waves that turned into a sexy bedhead the morning after. For me that's unheard of, a complete dream come true. Even the pesky power button going off isn't that big of an issue because the iron takes 30 seconds to reach optimal heat.

on 1/19/2012 12:25:00 PM

I love this! It's a bit awkward at first and I've burnt myself a couple times, but nothing serious :) the curls last for such a long time even without hairspray!

on 12/28/2011 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Absolutely the best curling iron I have EVER used. Regular curling irons with the clamp are annoying to use, don't last as long, and simply don't look as nice. I very rarely curled my hair until I got this curling wand, and now I find that I want to wear it curly every single day! It costs $30 most places, which is a little more than I would normally spend on a curling iron, but the quality of it makes it a steal! I'm in love with this curling wand and I will definitely repurchase it.

Popular Hair Styling Tools