MAC Satin - Cork

4.5

on 2/6/2012 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My HG eyeshadow. Great color that can be used alone, or with other shadows. Yes, it might seem a little boring, but if u have a good look into the color you will find that it is a unique color that cannot be found elsewhere. I've looked all high-end counters to find this color and only MAC had it. love this eyeshadow!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Love wearing this color in the crease. It's dark enough to stand out yet it's not too overpowering. It's a gorgeous light browny-yellow color. Perfect neutral color for any look. Def would repurchase! :)

on 1/8/2012 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Edit nov 2013- found a dupe for this in a better formula- Artist Of Makeup line shade is Nutmeg.
---

HG crease colour for my skintone. I also like this all over lid with pink colour blended in crease and out, or mac woodwinked.

I used this to contour my nose the other day ( felt ridiculous, never trying THAT again!) and the result was natural, though honestly i prefer not to meddle with my features to that extent.

Macshadowcombos did a beautiful smokey eye with this on youtube, looks fab, was the main reason i got this. Lovely buttery texture, boring colour which is unbelievably useful.

on 12/30/2011 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

In addition to my lid, I like using this to contour my nose and under my lower lash line sometimes. Anyway cork is my staple for my everyday eyes. It is my go to all over lid color. My lids are a bit darker than the rest of my face (NC30) and I think of cork as my lid color, but better and a littttle darker. While it is similar to Buck from Urban Decay, Cork is much better quality, better texture, and is far more easily blndabIe. Mac > UD I love using it all over the lid and espresso to make a V and in the crease. it looks so pretty and is so simple and my staple! I will repurchase this forever!

on 12/29/2011 5:00:00 PM

I love cork. I just generally bought it to fill in eyebrows and it's basically all i use it for, though it does make a lovely crease colour! As i'm Kim Kardashian mad i found out her makeup artist Mario uses it on her brows so again thats what tempted me towards it. Though it does sometimes look abit redish/orangey on me so before i apply it i lightly sweep MAC Lingering eyebrow pencil through my brows then Cork just to balance it out. Deffinately a must! <3

I thought this would be a perfect shade for the crease, but it has to much red undertone on me. When I tested in the store on my hand it looked good but on the eyelids, it was completely different.
Do not really know what to do with it but think I'll sell it because I can not return tested makeup products in my country.

on 11/29/2011 1:37:00 AM

i'm NC20-25 and i love cork as a crease color for daytime looks. it gives the perfect amount of definition without making my eye look dramatic and is essentially fool-proof. it pairs perfectly with champange, pink, beige, or any other lighter color e/s without any harsh contrast. this is one MAC e/s i would repurchase if i ran out.

on 9/22/2011 11:51:00 AM

Cork is a LOVELY browbone/contour color for buffing out harsh lines from lid shadows.. It's darker than Naked from the Urban Decay Naked palette but lighter than Buck from the same palette. I really like this color it works well with my NC35 skin tone.

I have a few browns from Mac, but all are very different and none of them is like Cork. I love this colour and I think it makes a really good match with Woodwinked. Very happy with purchase.

on 8/24/2011 8:10:00 PM

Perfect crease color for any natural look. It works great on my green eyes and is part of my go to natural eye look. Not much more to say about it. Perfection!!

Top Rated MAC Products