Burt's Bees Nourishing Lip Balm with Mango Butter

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), aroma (flavor)*, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, mangifera indica (mango) seed butterllanolin, ammonium glycyrrhizinate, tocopherol, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), limonene, linalool. *natural flavor

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

For a basic, everyday lip balm, this lip balm doesn't disappoint.
One thing I love about Burt's Bees is that they're an organic brand, so there are never any artificial ingredients. You're probably thinking that its heavenly mango scent is added fragrance or some other fake ingredient, but it's not--it's from the mango butter, of course! One word: LOVE.
Okay, well, actually, I have to admit that sometimes the scent makes me sick and somewhat nauseous, but at other times I just want to inhale the mango-y goodness forever!
The number of other butters in the ingredients are contributors to the nice sheen this lip balm gives. So when I want a hint of moisturizing natural-looking shine, I just apply this.
The wear time isn't great--just a mere 2-3 hours--but that's the average wear time for lip balm, anyway.
The reason why I lowered the rating to a 4 is because its moisturizing aspects aren't exactly the best out there (Vaseline still wins this category), so if you have truly chapped, sucked-the-moisture-out-of-my-lips lips, then this lip balm isn't for you. But if you're like me and you just need a little moisture, then this is great!
Would I repurchase? Yes.

on 1/9/2013 7:23:00 PM

Bought this after my dad stole my beeswax one. I actually love this quite a lot, the texture is smooth and soft, and is very light weight and goes on smoothly. It smells fantastic, very fruity and tropical. It lasts pretty long, but I love applying it - it's addicting! It's about 4 dollars, which for me isn't that bad. The packaging is the classic tube with the swivel at the bottom. The lid goes on with a nice and secure snap, so there's no worrying about the lid coming off (like the Nivea tube ones)

on 1/3/2013 2:49:00 PM

I love the flavour of this balm - very fruity.
The texture is also lovely and it goes on very smoothly
nourishes my lips well.
The only downside to this balm is the fact that my lips feel dry after a couple of hours but I guess that's most lip balms for you.
I've yet to find one that hydrates my lips all day.

A lovely little lip balm but for the price I would not repurchase.

on 12/29/2012 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

In general I've been disappointed in Burts Bees products, but my cat stole my HG balm (Dr. Bronner's and/or Rocky Mountain Soap) and I needed a new one ASAP. It smells nice, goes on smoothly, but that's it. It's too thin for my liking, and it doesn't feel like it's protecting my lips at all. I think this will be my last purchase from this company.

on 12/19/2012 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

OMGZ i absolutely love this lip balm! I bought the pomegranate one first, and then this one. i love that one too, but for me this one is more moisturizing. the smell is also nicer, its sooo yummy! tastes good too. it is so smooth and moisturizing and im that person with super chapped lips that literally applies chapstick like every half an hour but with this one i only apply like every 5 to 6 hours! AMAZING! my HG lip balm :)

on 12/18/2012 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I bought this product because i like that it was natural but i didn't like the scent. When i applied it , it tasted bitter, but it went on smooth because of the butter in it . It left my lips dryer, i had to put more on every 20 minutes .

This is the best smelling/best tasting lip balm I've ever used. I like it a lot more than the original Burt's Bees. I gave it 4 lippies instead of 5 because it COULD be a little more moisturizing, but overall I'm very happy with it and would recommend it to others.

on 11/9/2012 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This product came with the pomegranate and original Burt's Bees balms in a cute little tin for $10.99CAD at Save-on-Foods. To be honest, the tin was really what convinced me to buy the set more than anything. I am a big fan of the original balm, and just lukewarm about the pomegranate version.

Turns out the mango butter version is also just average for me. It does what a lip balm should: moisturize the lips. It's soft and melts on your lips upon application. Even in the dead of Canadian winters, I've never had an issue with it not gliding easily. The smell is absolutely delicious and is the main reason I reach for it over the pomegranate balm.

However, it doesn't last very long on my lips, and in harsh winters I need something waxier to protect them from wind chap (Burt's Bees original). It also doesn't really rehydrate dry lips, more just coat them in a bit of mango-flavoured oil. It disappears after I eat or drink anything since it's quite thin in texture, but that's also part of the reason as to why it applies like a dream.

On its own, the balm is $4.50CAD before tax, and can be found in any drugstore. I won't repurchase on its own, but if it came as part of a set I would use it up before buying anything else. It's not a bad product, just not quite hefty enough to justify the high price tag. The smell is truly divine, and the product is cruelty-free!

on 10/20/2012 8:37:00 PM

I bought this product just to have another lip balm to put in my other purse, and I like it for different reasons than I love my original Burt's Bee's lip balm. The original gives a wallop of moisture with a matte finish, while the Nourishing Mango one is glossier and not quite as deeply moisturizing, but does the trick when my lips aren't quite as chapped. It's main benefit, though, is that it's an AMAZING non-sticky gloss to give a sheen to matte lipsticks. I wear it over my Revlon lipstick in 'Siren' and it looks wonderful. I also just wear it plain when my lips have some natural color to them and I want a bit of polish. But honestly, it's the best gloss I've run across in a long time.

on 9/21/2012 6:16:00 AM

I have tried this and the original. I prefer this one because it is a lot more creamier and buttery which makes my lips feel more nourished. I also love the smell and... Taste? I don't fancy the SPF smelling and tasting lip balms even though SPF is a bonus. It lasts a long time, around a couple of hours without wiping or licking. It gives a nice shine to your lips too but not glossy. Just healthy. This is my hang bag necessity! When you purchase this you will not regret...
You can purchase them for $3 from iherb.com. Discount code allows $5 off you order ($10 off for orders over $40) CODE: - I bought mine for $1.65 from iherb.com. I used a discount code aswell that got me $5 off or $10 for orders over $40. CODE: ZEH931

Popular Lip Treatments