October 31, 2014 | 1686 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Nourishing Lip Balm with Mango Butter

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2012 1:10:00 PM More reviews by CuteMo

In general I've been disappointed in Burts Bees products, but my cat stole my HG balm (Dr. Bronner's and/or Rocky Mountain Soap) and I needed a new one ASAP. It smells nice, goes on smoothly, but that's it. It's too thin for my liking, and it doesn't feel like it's protecting my lips at all. I think this will be my last purchase from this company.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2012 8:44:00 PM More reviews by meganxoxo1996

OMGZ i absolutely love this lip balm! I bought the pomegranate one first, and then this one. i love that one too, but for me this one is more moisturizing. the smell is also nicer, its sooo yummy! tastes good too. it is so smooth and moisturizing and im that person with super chapped lips that literally applies chapstick like every half an hour but with this one i only apply like every 5 to 6 hours! AMAZING! my HG lip balm :)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/18/2012 7:01:00 PM More reviews by twistlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product because i like that it was natural but i didn't like the scent. When i applied it , it tasted bitter, but it went on smooth because of the butter in it . It left my lips dryer, i had to put more on every 20 minutes .

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2012 1:37:00 PM More reviews by ShopaholicsAnonymous

This is the best smelling/best tasting lip balm I've ever used. I like it a lot more than the original Burt's Bees. I gave it 4 lippies instead of 5 because it COULD be a little more moisturizing, but overall I'm very happy with it and would recommend it to others.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by cindy604

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This product came with the pomegranate and original Burt's Bees balms in a cute little tin for $10.99CAD at Save-on-Foods. To be honest, the tin was really what convinced me to buy the set more than anything. I am a big fan of the original balm, and just lukewarm about the pomegranate version.

Turns out the mango butter version is also just average for me. It does what a lip balm should: moisturize the lips. It's soft and melts on your lips upon application. Even in the dead of Canadian winters, I've never had an issue with it not gliding easily. The smell is absolutely delicious and is the main reason I reach for it over the pomegranate balm.

However, it doesn't last very long on my lips, and in harsh winters I need something waxier to protect them from wind chap (Burt's Bees original). It also doesn't really rehydrate dry lips, more just coat them in a bit of mango-flavoured oil. It disappears after I eat or drink anything since it's quite thin in texture, but that's also part of the reason as to why it applies like a dream.

On its own, the balm is $4.50CAD before tax, and can be found in any drugstore. I won't repurchase on its own, but if it came as part of a set I would use it up before buying anything else. It's not a bad product, just not quite hefty enough to justify the high price tag. The smell is truly divine, and the product is cruelty-free!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by speedymouse

I bought this product just to have another lip balm to put in my other purse, and I like it for different reasons than I love my original Burt's Bee's lip balm. The original gives a wallop of moisture with a matte finish, while the Nourishing Mango one is glossier and not quite as deeply moisturizing, but does the trick when my lips aren't quite as chapped. It's main benefit, though, is that it's an AMAZING non-sticky gloss to give a sheen to matte lipsticks. I wear it over my Revlon lipstick in 'Siren' and it looks wonderful. I also just wear it plain when my lips have some natural color to them and I want a bit of polish. But honestly, it's the best gloss I've run across in a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2012 6:16:00 AM More reviews by Dee987

I have tried this and the original. I prefer this one because it is a lot more creamier and buttery which makes my lips feel more nourished. I also love the smell and... Taste? I don't fancy the SPF smelling and tasting lip balms even though SPF is a bonus. It lasts a long time, around a couple of hours without wiping or licking. It gives a nice shine to your lips too but not glossy. Just healthy. This is my hang bag necessity! When you purchase this you will not regret...
You can purchase them for $3 from iherb.com. Discount code allows $5 off you order ($10 off for orders over $40) CODE: - I bought mine for $1.65 from iherb.com. I used a discount code aswell that got me $5 off or $10 for orders over $40. CODE: ZEH931

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2012 1:43:00 AM More reviews by VanessaluvsU

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this Chapstick it smells so good and it's just a good everyday Chapstick the texture is really nice and not too waxy. The only thing this wouldn't be good for is for super chapped lips and it doesn't have SPF

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2012 8:42:00 AM More reviews by loveking

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

At first I was in love with the smell, it reminded me of mango sorbet but after a while it was really sickening. The texture wasn't smooth enough it was a bit too buttery.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 1:28:00 AM More reviews by bbybreanna

i love collecting lip balms... this is my first burts bees purchase. when i first opened and tried it in it kind of smelled like... cardboard? which really made me disgusted but then after reapplying it smelled like pineapples. im a big mango lover and i expected this to smell/taste like mango. but after another application i could smell the hint of mango. the product itself is not waxy at all, its very smooth, definitley moisturizing and hydrating. i want to try other ones, maybe the original formula. the packaging itself is pretty basic, yellow plastic with a red pop off cap. you can twist the product up to get more.