July 30, 2014 | 1572 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Nourishing Lip Balm with Mango Butter

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by cindy604

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This product came with the pomegranate and original Burt's Bees balms in a cute little tin for $10.99CAD at Save-on-Foods. To be honest, the tin was really what convinced me to buy the set more than anything. I am a big fan of the original balm, and just lukewarm about the pomegranate version.

Turns out the mango butter version is also just average for me. It does what a lip balm should: moisturize the lips. It's soft and melts on your lips upon application. Even in the dead of Canadian winters, I've never had an issue with it not gliding easily. The smell is absolutely delicious and is the main reason I reach for it over the pomegranate balm.

However, it doesn't last very long on my lips, and in harsh winters I need something waxier to protect them from wind chap (Burt's Bees original). It also doesn't really rehydrate dry lips, more just coat them in a bit of mango-flavoured oil. It disappears after I eat or drink anything since it's quite thin in texture, but that's also part of the reason as to why it applies like a dream.

On its own, the balm is $4.50CAD before tax, and can be found in any drugstore. I won't repurchase on its own, but if it came as part of a set I would use it up before buying anything else. It's not a bad product, just not quite hefty enough to justify the high price tag. The smell is truly divine, and the product is cruelty-free!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am so glad that Burts Bees has a variety of lip balms! Using the same lip gloss can get boring.
The mango lipbalm is wonderful. It is more buttery than the mint BB lip balm. As a result it seems to last longer, although a bit stickier than other balms. I am fine with the scent.
Presently i am switching between the mango, pomegranate, mint and honey balms and loving it. This way, none of the balms gets repetitive but remains valuable!
Oh, and I also peel the wrappers off the balm tubes i have. Somehow that looks cleaner. Lol!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by speedymouse

I bought this product just to have another lip balm to put in my other purse, and I like it for different reasons than I love my original Burt's Bee's lip balm. The original gives a wallop of moisture with a matte finish, while the Nourishing Mango one is glossier and not quite as deeply moisturizing, but does the trick when my lips aren't quite as chapped. It's main benefit, though, is that it's an AMAZING non-sticky gloss to give a sheen to matte lipsticks. I wear it over my Revlon lipstick in 'Siren' and it looks wonderful. I also just wear it plain when my lips have some natural color to them and I want a bit of polish. But honestly, it's the best gloss I've run across in a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2012 6:16:00 AM More reviews by Dee987

I have tried this and the original. I prefer this one because it is a lot more creamier and buttery which makes my lips feel more nourished. I also love the smell and... Taste? I don't fancy the SPF smelling and tasting lip balms even though SPF is a bonus. It lasts a long time, around a couple of hours without wiping or licking. It gives a nice shine to your lips too but not glossy. Just healthy. This is my hang bag necessity! When you purchase this you will not regret...
You can purchase them for $3 from iherb.com. Discount code allows $5 off you order ($10 off for orders over $40) CODE: - I bought mine for $1.65 from iherb.com. I used a discount code aswell that got me $5 off or $10 for orders over $40. CODE: ZEH931

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2012 1:43:00 AM More reviews by VanessaluvsU

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this Chapstick it smells so good and it's just a good everyday Chapstick the texture is really nice and not too waxy. The only thing this wouldn't be good for is for super chapped lips and it doesn't have SPF

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2012 8:42:00 AM More reviews by loveking

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

At first I was in love with the smell, it reminded me of mango sorbet but after a while it was really sickening. The texture wasn't smooth enough it was a bit too buttery.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 1:28:00 AM More reviews by bbybreanna

i love collecting lip balms... this is my first burts bees purchase. when i first opened and tried it in it kind of smelled like... cardboard? which really made me disgusted but then after reapplying it smelled like pineapples. im a big mango lover and i expected this to smell/taste like mango. but after another application i could smell the hint of mango. the product itself is not waxy at all, its very smooth, definitley moisturizing and hydrating. i want to try other ones, maybe the original formula. the packaging itself is pretty basic, yellow plastic with a red pop off cap. you can twist the product up to get more.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by loverofproducts

great, moisturizing, and makes lips smooth for a LONG TIME <3
it also adds a shine to your lips, and makes them look healthy (it's almost like a balm and gloss)... and slowly soaks in.

the only thing is that this melts super easily, and can be a little tooooo greasy but other than that it's great. :) ( it also doens't smell like anything lol :) )

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2012 4:30:00 PM More reviews by purpleshoes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay, so I am not a fan at all of the original Burt's Bee's. It sits weird, I don't like the smell and it's drying.
But THIS is like magic in a tube. It smells amazing and is so moisturizing. I use it every day and will continue to use it until I die. It makes my lips smooth and kissable.
The one thing that annoys me is that sometimes the actual chapstick part won't roll back down and I have to push it down, which is a little yucky but a sacrifice I will make for this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2012 11:13:00 AM More reviews by idontwearmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have no clue what other reviewers are talking about. This lip balm is the BOMB! Bad pun intended. My lips get dry and kinda hard and flaky. And something inside me says "PICK, pick! ! It can only get better". And of course it gets much worse. I was looking for original lip balm from Burt's Bees due to the good reviews, but I got this instead. A little worried, I put it on. And applied throughout the day. My lips drank it up, but still left balm on top so it really feels like it is doing something. This balm is not a as hard as the original, but I love it. It leaves sort of a natural glossy touch (which is cool cause I don't wear makeup but now its like I wear lip gloss). It is not a goopy gross lip gloss though. It is very nice! I found even after neglecting my lips for a little while and they start going back to a bad state, I apply some and within a few hours, my lips are moisturized (not in a greasy way) and smooth. I also like that it does not break me out around my mouth, which petroleum did. And actually this works better than petroleum. YES I said it! I even used petroleum as a kid. Oh well. I am definitely going to repurchase. Again and again. Please try it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No