Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner

4.4

water/aqua, ammonium styrene/acrylates copolymer, butylene glycol, alcohol, beheneth-30, phenoxyethanol, acrylates/octylacrylamide copolymer, methylparaben, polyglyceryl-3 disiloxane dimethicone, propylparaben, sodium hydroxide, disodium edta, may contain ( /) carbon black

on 1/26/2015 11:07:00 PM

It's the first liquid eyeliner I've ever tried and I still use it. Really nice formula, really nice brush. Stays on all day and looks super black. Very comfortable to use and the pen itself doesn't dry out very quickly which is always a plus.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Seriously this is the best eyeliner! I am very oily even eyeshadows can't stay long on my eyelid. but this eyeliner stays on my eyelid for at least 6 hours and this is so amazing!! I very recommend this especially for people with oily skin!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

this is a very good eyeliner. It melted a bit during the day bc of my oily lids. But I used the eyelines without foundation or primer, so next time should be fine!

on 1/21/2015 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

These are my 2nd favorite pen/liquid eyeliners. I have found that once I hit my late forties, I had to pretty much give up on liquid eyeliner. My eyelids are not as taut and smooth as they used to be, so applying liquid liner became more tricky in my mid-forties. Now, instead of just simply drawing a line close to my eyelashes, I have to gently tug my eyelids to get them smooth enough to apply a line that does not look like a series of dashes, dots and mistakes. This Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner seems to outperform most liquid eyeliners that I've tried. I can get a continuous line with little effort, and after the minute it takes to set, the line lasts the entire day with no smudging or fading. I have 2 of these pens: one in Midnight (darkest navy), and the other in Black. So far I have had good results using both. My #1 choice is still LORAC's Front of the Line PRO liquid eye lining pen, but Stila is the one I default to when I can't find LORAC's. (Not many stores around me sell the LORAC cosmetic line. When they do carry the brand, they are usually out of the liquid eyeliner pen.)

on 1/21/2015 2:58:00 AM

I feel like I'm the only person who doesn't like the color. I'm not sure if I bought a dud, but it's a completely sheered out black, basically gray, and I bought the darkest color they make. It smudged on me, and honestly the applicator wasn't great. It skipped on my lids and it increased my makeup get ready time by like 10 minutes.

on 1/18/2015 5:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I am on my second of these (lost the first). It is a very intense black and I love liquid pens. They are so nice and precise. This is very hard to remove though so you need a good make up remover.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Ok so the things I like about this liner are the pigmentation, quality & longevity, and the size of the applicator. But I always compare everything to my holy grail Lorac liquid liner and the applicator just doesn't compare. Lorac's is like a brush and this is just a felt tip. This is a good runner up though. My only complaint about it is that it only lasted a couple of weeks. My Lorac and many other liners for that matter, last months not weeks. So for the price, IMO it's just not worth the money. Good pigmentation though.

on 1/10/2015 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have oily, hooded lids, so most eyeliners will travel into the crease during the day; this one was recommended to me for not doing that, and it had a pretty good reputation. I also really wanted a medium gray liquid liner, so that's what lead me to purchase this one. I also own this in a forest green color. I really like the felt-tip pen style - it's easy to apply product, and the liquid comes out evenly. But it, too, travelled into my creases by the afternoon, despite its name. I don't really have a problem with this, but given the price of this particular product, I don't think I'll be buying it again. I'm sure i could find another gray liquid liner at the drugstore or target, or make my own with shadow, that would be cheaper and just as likely to not stay put. For my needs it didn't live up to the reputation.

on 1/7/2015 3:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this eye liner last year, it was the first Stila product I'd ever tried (I think..) I currently use a Stila primer, so I have nothing against the brand (it's a great primer), but this eyeliner was great for about 1 month and then the tip became scraggly and started seperating/becoming stringy - I even had to chop it with small scissors! At the same time it dried out very quickly, no matter how many times I shook it or pressed/drew on the back of my hand it would not do anything, there was no liquid in the tip, it was dry as hell.

I would NOT buy this again, despite the great reviews for it, I wonder whether those people have owned it for more than a month...?

If you're going to purchase this I recommend keeping the receipt incase you need to return it, and I hope you don't experience the same thing I did! :-(

Very disappointing.

on 1/5/2015 9:03:00 PM

I have tried a lot of eyeliners and wear them every single day. I've purchased this eyeliner in the color intese black based on the good reviews here and just wanted to try something else than my everyday go to Rimmel Exaggerate liquid eyeliner (which I'm sure is not the best eyeliner but it's budget friendly and does a relatively good job). In comparison to Rimmel, Stila is easy to apply, the black color is more intense which I quite like. However, Stila smudges like crazy only after 2-3 hours and I am only wearing them in air-coned office environment. I don't get the hype! A big disappointment! Avoid this eyeliner if you don't want to walk around like a panda, I'm sure you can get better ones for the price or try the Rimmel Exaggerate. I definitely won't repurchase!!!!

Video Reviews & Tutorials

New Year's Eve & Party Smokey Makeup Tutorial! 2015 by Angie Wilches

Faking a Crease: Smokey Eyes (great for monolids?) by KoreanLovesBeauty

How to look like a cute doll: Easy simple steps & ideas, Very Kawaii! by beautybysantaana