BeneFit Cosmetics The POREfessional

3.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, dimethiccone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, isononyl isononanoate, silica, dimethicone crosspolymore, isodedecane, phenoxyethanol, polymethyl methacrylsate, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), cyclohexasiloxane, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance (parfum), mico, iron oxides, (CI 77492), limonene, iron oxides (CI 77491), iron oxides (CI 77499), triethoxycaprylylsilane, BHT.

I have hundreds of primers but this is definitely the best

on 1/4/2015 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I have sensitive skin with large pores on/around my nose and chin, and I also have an oily T-zone. I never thought about using a primer until one of the girls at Sephora who was applying my makeup mentioned it.. and after looking at reviews I decided to try out this one. I really like it. I apply it before my foundation, let it sit for about a minute, and then do the rest of my face. It really minimizes the pores on/around my nose and helps with my oily T-zone, keeping it matte throughout the day. Not too fond of the price, but then again I have no idea how much primers generally cost so no big complains here. I think I will try out some others after I'm finished with this tube! Would recommend it though :)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product. I don't have very large pores so it doesn't make that much of a difference in that aspect but I love the way my foundation glides onto my skin after applying. One day I just dabbed some on my under eyes and was amazed at how smoothly my concealer blended! And my concealer didn't crease! Love it!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This primer is amazing. It does not have a super strong scent. I like that it dries to a matte finish and feels lightweight on the skin. My foundation goes on smoother, and it stays on. I have even found myself trying to squeeze every last drop of this product when it runs out.

on 1/3/2015 3:55:00 AM

I made an account just to write a review on how terrible this product is.

I bought this because after seeing every youtuber use it I thought it was a holy grail item.

No. NO.

I have combination skin and rarely get dry patches, because i moisterize like crazy. I bought the MUFE Hd foundation along with this product for Christmas.

This made my MUFE hd look horrible, but at the time I assumed it was the foundation itself.

After using this under my usual bb cream, I noticed it still looked horrible. It made my bb cream (which is very lightweight) stick to every single pimple. Before using the porefessional, my bb cream completely smoothened out my pimples. Now, any foundation I used stuck to every pimple or dry spot. Also, my skin had been getting terribly dry and flaky, and I spent days trying to moisterize and get it back to normal, but silly me I continued to use the porefessional because I didn't know that it was the problem.

After reading the reviews saying it made their skin flaky and dry, I Now realize that it's this product. I don't know how long it will take to get my skin back to normal but I pray it's soon. I will be returning this piece of crap.

on 1/2/2015 10:26:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Got this as a sample in a Sephora order, not sure what it's supposed to do but it did nothing at all whatsoever for my pores, they looked exactly the same. It feels like silicone, I don't see a point, glad it was a sample.

I know this review might be frowned upon being such a HG-status product lol but! I must be honest and share my experience with this product..

Before I start, it is winter time, and I'm sure im not the only one who experiences changes in their skin. Im normally extremely oily in my t-zone 24/7 365 days of the year, but since I live in Canada and its winter time, I have drier areas on my face.

So, for the past week or two, I tried applying the primer over THREE different moisturizers to see which would work best (L'oreal w/SPF, First aid beauty cream and Ole Henrikson creme), and dare I say the Porefessional turned into flakes off of my skin.. it was really weird. I tried patting it into my skin in my t-zone and it was fine, but it would still flake off the sides of my face.. So in the end, this product might be better for me in the warmer months or i have no idea... I returned this primer and purchased Smashbox's new pore minimizing primer, and it's been working really well.

on 1/1/2015 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

After hearing so much praise for this primer, I was excited to give it a try. Unfortunately, I was thoroughly underwhelmed. Don't get me wrong, it's fine, but I didn't love it by any means. It didn't fill in my pores whatsoever. They looked exactly the same as they would without this. I'm going to keep it and use it up, but I'm going to continue my search for a HG primer once this is gone.

I recently bought Benefits POREfessional 220ml tube for £24.50 at my local Debenhams store. I swear by primers and recommend them for anyone who is trying to achieve a full coverage look.
My personal opinion is that Benefits POREfessional kept my foundation on for longer and application of my foundation was easier. However, it was not any better than any other primer I have previously used. At the end of the day I could get the same results from a drugstore primer for more than half the price. I would not buy this product again simply because I grudge spending £24.50 on something that I could easily swap for something for £7.
As far as reviews for the product itself, the primer is of thick consistency and doesn't have really any particular scent. Due to the primer being thicker than your average, too much will cause it to flake which is not a good look!
Overall this primer is good but pricey.

on 1/1/2015 2:58:00 AM

I have tried a few different primers that focused on pore minimizing and this one is, more or less, one of the best performing primers that claim to make pores appear smaller.

I feel this works the best in conjunction with Hourglass Mineral Veil but alone it's still good. Alone, I find I do get a little oily, but powder fixes that. During the winter, I haven't experienced any oily skin or makeup becoming patchy. But during the summer with high humidity, I tend to get oily with this product (That's when I reach for Smashbox's Pore minimizing primer).

This primer does require some prep for it to look the best. Without exfoliating or moisturizing, it does show dry skin flakes. It has a teeny bit of color that I find is a plus if I don't feel like putting on foundation.

It does what it says it will do, so I'm happy. My pores are pretty big on my cheeks but with with this product they look average.

The texture is silicone-y, thick feeling but it does dry to a powdery/smooth finish and it doesn't feel heavy on.

Pros:
Pores do look smaller
Like the color it gives the skin
The bottle is nice

Cons:
Can get oily
Does show dry skin

My skin is combo but I think someone with very oily skin (try Smashbox one first) wouldn't like this product or someone with extremely dry skin.

Winter Makeup Skincare Prep Routine: