March 2, 2015 | 914 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - The POREfessional

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2014 1:13:00 PM More reviews by tannegray

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got the travel size tube to see if it was worth the hype and after a week and a half of using it, I can definitely tell you that this product is TERRIBLE! My first impression was great, looked to minimize pore size, did a decent job of blending out. But as the day progressed, I noticed it didn't really do much of anything for keeping my foundation in place. I mean, isn't that the purpose of primer? THEN, to top it all off, it gave me terrible cystic acne which I have NEVER had. All in all, this product isn't worth anyone's money.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2014 9:38:00 AM More reviews by Melissa151

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I dont understand the hype for this product..or really anything from benefit to be honest. It does nothing for my pores and ends up looking like yellowish flakiness where ever I use it. Im literally selling it on eBay. Total waste of money.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2014 10:09:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is very similar to Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Instant Perfector. They both are thick, silicone-y products that minimize the appearance of pores and reduce oily shine. However, they both also will emphasize dry skin and may clog pores. They cost about the same per ounce (the Benefit costs more but is larger). Clinique has two slight advantages over Benefit in this product category, however: The Clinique product comes in three shades while Benefit POREfessional comes in only one shade (though that one shade works fine on my very pale skin), and the Clinique product is fragrance free while the Benefit product has fragrance (and I much prefer fragrance-free products for my sensitive face).

Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isononyl Isononanoate, Silica, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Isododecane, Phenoxyethanol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Titanium Dioxide, Cyclohexasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Fragrance, Mica, Iron Oxides, Limonene, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, BHT.
continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by SororityGirl1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my first time using a primer and I've seen and hear so many great things about this one. I have nothing to compare it to and I may try other brands. However I love the way this makes my skin feel. I've noticed a difference in the way my makeup looks too. I think it makes my foundation apply and look so smooth. I love the primer and I believe it gives my makeup that flawless finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2014 5:14:00 PM More reviews by marylunag

First time I tried this on, it was a friends sample. I was sold because it made my skin feel so smooth. It doesn't really reduce redness, but it's an okay primer. I'd say it does it's job, but I wouldn't buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2014 1:18:00 PM More reviews by sweetangel631

I bought the $12 sample size while waiting to pay at sephora! I've been dying to try this after seeing RhaeaEstelle rave about it! I also like putting something on my skin before my foundation to protect my skin and this does the trick but thats about it! Nothing bad to say about it but it did not really minimize the appearance of my pores to be honest! It feels super luxe putting it on before my foundation and feels super smooth! To be honest, if this wasn't marketed as a pore minimizer I might repurchase because i like the way it feels but I'm disappointed because I was looking forward to having the appearance of smaller pores! ! I'm glad I bought the $12 sample size though so anyone curious about this product, this size would be a good choice so you don't waste money if you don't like it! I'd been curious for so long I'm glad i tried it out!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2014 3:59:00 AM More reviews by Halyal

I really like this product. I don't find it to make a big difference with the appearance of my pores, but I love the way it makes my skin feel silky smooth. It also evens out my skin beautifully, so when I apply foundation it always looks flawless. My reason for not repurchasing: it's expensive. I'd like to try some cheaper alternatives first, before I decide whether it is worth spending extra money on.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/18/2014 8:54:00 AM More reviews by sbarr96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've had this product for over a year, and I never use it as it's a complete waste of money! It does nothing to minimise the look of big pores. It just feels soft on your skin and makes your makeup settle and go patchy when you wear it. Don't buy this product, save your money!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2014 12:46:00 AM More reviews by deadmap

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm going to start off my review by saying that I'm not sure I have large pores on my face, aside from my nose. I think that has something to do with the fact that I'm not sure what this product really does for me, since I don't see a difference when I put it on. Even if I do put it on the pores around my nose, it doesn't create such a drastic difference that I would be compelled to re-purchase.

This product is expensive, but I can see how a lot of people would pay that if it worked for them. I would be the same if it worked for me. It doesn't, but I want to be fair for the sake of reviewing and say that I may not have enough large pores for it to actually do its job.

Basically, if you're interested in this product, try to get a sample before buying a full-sized version. You may find that it does or doesn't work for you, but at least you didn't invest in something that you may never use again. My sister had the same experience as I did, and didn't see much difference. I think it's worth it to do some research, get a sample (or use some from a friend/family member) and see how it works. I think this product may be a hit or miss for most people, based on the mixed reviews here.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2014 6:52:00 PM More reviews by MeganDan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ehhhh.. I do really like this, but at the same time I just dont think it does a whole lot for me. It will completely fill in your pores and the smell is amazing (kinda citrus) the texture is border line silicone but still on the cream side to me. I don't exactly notice a difference when I'm using this, it doesnt help with my foundation and I think my pores look the same under makeup. The price was also a giant faction with my rating $37.00 CAD for 0.75oz ... yikes... thats a hefty price to pay for something that doesnt do much.. I'll continue to use up the rest because I do enjoy using a primer before my makeup but I will not be repurchasing this any time soon.