December 21, 2014 | 1943 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

RELATED PRODUCTS

NAKED2: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=148781/NAKED2-/Urban-Decay/Palettes

NAKED3: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=167248/NAKED-3/Urban-Decay/Palettes

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 9:17:00 PM More reviews by sarbel

Great colours and quality. Highly pigmented.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by samanthabecker9

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Being a frugal shopper, I do not usually purchase extremely expensive make up. However, my cousin had this palette at her house and I used it before we went out one night. I instantly fell in love with the colors on the palette. I was not quite sure if I was ready to drop 50 dollars on an eye shadow palette but after that one experience with the Naked palette, no other eye shadow measured up! One year later, I have not even made a dent in the eye shadows on the palette, even though I use it constantly (my favorite color being Half-Baked :~) ). I can create so many looks with this palette. I can create a sexy smokey eye with the darker colors when I go out at night or I can create a natural look with the more neutral tones. The LITTLE TINY thing that annoyed me about the packaging was how easily the palette opens. I have to be extra careful if I want to pack it in a suitcase or put it in my purse. The color lasts all day, even without the shadow primer that comes with it, although the shadow primer is pretty awesome. I usually save the primer for looks that require more layers of eye shadow. If i'm just putting on a quick layer of Buck, I do not need the primer and the color still lasts! Once I run out (though it will probably be awhile until that happens), I will certainly be repurchasing. I thought about purchasing Naked2 but I can create most of the colors on that palette with the Naked1 palette! All in all, this is a fabulous product and it definitely opened my eyes to the value of quality make up.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2014 5:02:00 AM More reviews by bribi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

One of the most popular makeup products ever, and I have to say, I don't TOTALLY get it. I'll keep it short, because there's already a million reviews, but this is not a good palette if you have fair, cool skin. Or dark eyes. I know there are other Naked Palettes better suited to that coloring, but this is definitely not it. That aside, though, I find myself using only two shadows on a daily basis, because all of the others are shimmer. TOO MUCH SHIMMER.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 6:56:00 AM More reviews by swagatikasays

The Naked palette has a neutral for every skin tone. These are colours that can give you nice bright eyes or smoky eyes as well. If ever have to go on a non-wedding holiday, this is what I pack with me because it's my go to palette. Yes, it is a bit pricey, I think that if I can find dupes for the colours I don't wear as much, then I will probably buy them, but as of now, I haven't found anything close to the pigmentation, longevity and shades of this palette. Finding colours like a champagne is easy or a soft brown, but Naked's "Naked" eyeshadow is the perfect colour because it completely matches my skin tone giving me a polished look while looking natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 9:23:00 AM More reviews by raelynn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am a fair skinned, green eyed redhead. It is often difficult to find makeup shades that look natural. At times, I end up looking like a clown at the circus. I took a chance, and bought the original Naked palette. I love it. Lots of highly pigmented, taupe shades that look good on me. Sure, there are a couple shades that you need to be conservative with, but you learn that as you go....nicely done Urban Decay, nicely done!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2014 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Mymakeupjunkie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

So all the hype around Urban Decay's Naked palette, I decided to give into the hype back in February. And boy was I disappointed. The colours looked gorgeous when swatched but on my lids I just could not get it to work. No combination seems to work. Other than half baked, most of the others just looked muddy on my skin tone, which I would say is olive to tan complexion. I felt that the colours just blended into one shade, could not get it to blend as a gradient. And though I am warm olive tone, somehow Naked 2 looks better on me I feel.
I have many palettes, including a couple from toofaced, one from stila, inglot shadows, the balms palettes and Laura Mercier and my favourite is the stila in the light and toofaced chocolate bar. Both are neutrals and stila in the light is in fact supposed to have many of their shades similar to the naked 1 palette but with a better colour pay off and blendability and a way better price point, just with 2 less shadows. I definately recommend Stila's in the light palette. And chocolate bar palette is cheaper with more shades in side and less fall out than the naked palette!

Wish we had a better return policy in Malaysia's Sephora. Only unopened unused products can be returned :( Unlike in USA. So for now I am stuck with the palette and will continue to try and use it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 10:40:00 AM More reviews by icecreamsoda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had my reservations about this palette because of the price tag, but honestly now I wish I'd bought it sooner! This palette is just a complete DREAM, it sits perfectly on my skin (which is no small feat because I have pretty dry skin), and I use a shade or two from it pretty much every day because it's just so versatile. You can do everyday subtle barely-there looks, light and summery looks, smokey makeup for the evening, and a whole lot inbetween.
The only SLIGHT downsides to this palette are the packaging on the outside - it's covered in this felt stuff which gets quite dirty easily, but I can't really bring myself to care that much about it - and the fact that it makes me want to throw out all my old, cheap shadows that I can't bring myself to use anymore! This palette has truly spoiled me! I think I now have no choice but to start saving to buy the other two palettes...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 12:23:00 AM More reviews by niiklala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love the story and belief system behind UD products. The first pallet I have bought over and over again. The colors compliment my fair skin tone, and knowing how to contour and choose coordinating colors helps make any look beautiful. I can't tell you the amount of compliments I have had on my eye makeup! A definite must buy for anyone willing to learn contouring or even a light sweep of shimmery nudes.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2014 10:05:00 PM More reviews by productjunkie89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried to like this product, I did.

I have no idea why I keep buying Urban Decay products just to try out what all the hype is about. I bought their 24/7 Eyeliner pencil. (crap, crappity crap crap). More like 2/7 Eyeliner pencil. I bought too many loose eyeshadows from their website after Makeuptalk advertised a huge, not to miss sale. Used twice.

And now, there's the Naked Palette. Seriously, the only thing I liked about it, IS the packaging. It's cute, it's soft, it's like a giant Chocolate looking Willy Wonka palette bar.

Main reasons why I dislike this product.

IT DOES NOT LAST. This can be said of pretty much all of the UD products I've tried. I use a base. I use an eye primer. My MAC eyeshadows last ALL DAY. By the end of the night, when I'm wearing a UD eyeshadow, it somehow appears 75% under my eye, leakage, spillage, smudgage, everything imaginable except remaining in place.

I'm giving it two stars because I do like the pigmentation (which is better than MAC imo). Meaning it is dense and a little goes a long way. It's easier and smoother to apply on the lid than MAC shadows but the lasting power isn't there.

I guess I'm limited to now just using SIN as a brow bone and cheekbone highlighter because what good is an eyeshadow if it doesn't last?

Anyways, I thought most of the colors looked like some of my all time MAC favorites.

Naked looks just like MAC's Wedge
Buck looks just like MAC's Cork
Half Baked looks like a more goldy version (a bit TOO Cleopatra gold) of MAC's all the Glitters or Honey Lust
Smog looks like a dark version of Woodwinked
etc etc

In sum, sticking with my MAC shadows. I need to prevent myself from wasting money on UD products.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 11:49:00 AM More reviews by harrietmm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am in love with these palettes and will never get bored of using them! I have the NAKED1 and 2 and love them both! They make it SO easy to create suitable looks for the day and night including everyday, special occasions, nights out etc. just perfect! The quality of the shadows are amazing and can be intensified with fix plus from MAC by spraying it on your brush. I prefer the packaging of the second palette as it snaps shut rather than just being a flap that could easily open in the first palette. However, I much prefer the colours in the first palette although I tend to mix and match across the two palettes. The only reason I haven't bought the NAKED3 is because I don't think the colours would suit my pale skin but I can imagine that the quality would be just as good as the first two palettes. The brushes that come with the palettes are synthetic and are good to pack on the glittery shadows across the lid but in terms of blending out the cease colour I prefer other fluffy brushes. The palettes have lasted me agessss and I've hardly touched the surface as a little goes a long way due to the incredible quality. Overall they are amazing value for money and you won't need any other eyeshadows if you had the NAKED1 and that's saying a lot for me! Go and buy it!