October 22, 2014 | 1760 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - Visible Lift Serum Absolute Advanced Age-Reversing Makeup

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 1:06:00 AM More reviews by DLYNN

I purchased this product for the anti-aging ingredients in the formula. When it comes to color, most foundations I have tried are either too orange, too pink or somewhat ashy but in this case I lucked out. Unfortunately, the product left my face feeling slightly itchy all day. It also never really set right, causing it to smudge on my cell phone. It felt and looked more cakey/oily than dewy right from the start and no amount of pressed powder would mattify my face (which normally isn't greasy). As time went on it settled into the places I wanted to minimize --- so much for a "visible lift". It is among the few foundations I have ever actually returned after just one use. Although I remain open minded, I have not had good luck with L'Oreal foundations in general; unfortunately this was no exception.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by gabiomom

I am glad I was able to rate this product on two different parts!

First off - I love(d) this foundation! I am 50 with average skin, no age spots, no wrinkles or weird stuff going on. I don't like heavy makeup at all. I bought this on the recommendation of a friend. I put it on with a damp makeup sponge and It wore well all day and didn't look heavy or cakey. I liked the natural look and feel of it.

That said - I WILL NOT BUY IT AGAIN! Not until L'Oreal fixes the issue with the pump. I bought a bottle and used it ONCE. The pump completely quit working. I thought it was a fluke and took it back for an exchange. I managed to use this bottle THREE times before the pump quit again. I e-mailed a complaint to the company and I could see that this was an ongoing issue for many people. It's a shame since I liked the product itself. I don't feel like "worrying over a foundation bottle" should be something I need to do, so....I'll be studying the boards here for a bit to see which direction to head next for foundation......Sigh.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 11:28:00 PM More reviews by songtothesiren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this foundation. The coverage is medium and buildable. The texture is very smooth, which makes it easy to apply, although I need to powder after to make sure it stays in place. The only con is that this foundation doesn't last as long on my skin as Estee Lauder Double Wear, and I probably won't be able to wear this one in the summer. The finish is soft matte, but I don't find that it controls oil well throughout the day. So I would recommend this to dry-normal skin types.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2013 3:04:00 PM More reviews by nudylipstickgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

not a bad foundation for people who have some amount of warmth or pinkness/paleness. i like the texture and finish of this foundation but the only problem is i could not find a good shade for my light/ medium olive tone skin. i started at sun beige- too dark with orangy cast. then moved on up each shade, but all contrast this orangy cast, untill i made it to buff beige (the lighter one) no orange cast, but i looked like a walking corspe!!!!! it odd there is not a lot of color choices for those with deep skin tones or olive tones.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2013 6:45:00 AM More reviews by katemvirginia

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

When I first put this on I LOVED it. I wore it on NYE & it photographed well. After a few hours I noticed it was patchy near my chin & made all the fine lines around my eyes VERY noticeable & I really dont have that many. This is a bummer because I really wanted to like this & find a great drugstore product. Im NC20 & 144 was a perfect color match. I bought Lumi as well so I'll see how that one goes!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2012 3:32:00 PM More reviews by NicoIcon999

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this foundation. I had bought the l'oreal infallible foundation in the past but broke out like crazy so I avoided this one. It hasn't turned on me yet. The coverage is pretty great. Not a very natural finish though. I would wear a moisturizer underneath it especially for under the eyes. Lots of color options for pale skin. Doesn't oxidize on skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by macadelic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ugh, I really wish I could like this. This would probably be a great summer foundation - but in winter, no way. It was super hard to blend, and stuck to all my dry spots. It looked so cakey. Returned it; but perhaps will come back to in the summer. It did match my skin perfectly, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2012 12:52:00 AM More reviews by Autumray6

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

First tried this over 2 years ago when I first started to worry about my skin changing from age (in my mid 20's) and was amazed by the results, I still haven't found anything as good. Now, when I say changes from aging I don't mean fine lines, wrinkles and spots, I've none of that. But I was beginning to notice my baby fat disappearing and disliked the deepening folds between my nose and cheeks. I can afford to buy any of the most expensive foundations but something about the word 'lift' in the name prompted me to buy it despite being a cheap drugstore product.

Why its awesome:
1) It doesn't break me out. Massive feat in itself. My skin is not sensitive but it is oily and I tend to be lazy about proper hygiene at times...yet if I fall asleep with this on I don't wake up with zits in the morning and very few foundations are capable of that on my skin.
2) The coverage is incredible. My younger cousin's girlfriend borrowed it to cover up some hickeys on her neck and was so impressed she went out and bought a bottle of her own. As for myself, I find this covers dark circles under the eyes extremely well on its own, and often better than if I attempt to use an under eye concealer.
3) It lasts a really long time. it holds even if you have a few tears stream down your cheeks without leaving streaks and having to reapply. If you do reapply over an existing application you can do so without it caking up.
4) It is SMOOTH. It stays smooth. It doesn't collect in creases, it doesn't turn into some weird texture and you don't see it sitting on top of your skin like with most drug store foundations, and if you happen to get the right shade, its unbelievable natural looking. Which brings me to the cons, if any-

The only drawback I've noticed is that when you DON'T select the perfect shade, it doesn't just magically become the perfect shade if you blend it. Unlike other foundations that have less coverage you skin color will not shine through so if you pick a shade that is too red, then it will look too red. period. I've run into this issue repeatedly because for some reason they print the color name/number on the cap instead of the bottle. and foundation caps never stay in my possession for long. so i never could remember what shade that initial bottle had been that matched me so beautifully. I've bought 4 bottles since then and although all of them have been slightly off in color (my skin has also been constantly changing from the passing seasons as well) -each one was used up completely. The way I deal with the color difference is to simply apply it to any skin that is visible on my neck and chest and that works fine.

Note: My opinion of this product is applicable only to the liquid foundation in their pump bottle. I've tried other products in the Visible lift line, namely the creme to powder foundation that comes in the disc-shaped jar, and that stuff looked awful. nothing positive to say about it. But the liquid serum is fantastic. Apply it with a clean makeup sponge for smoothest result.
Also, the packaging does prevent you from being able to access a considerable amount of product when you start to run out. I have found that holding it upright while gently slamming the bottom of the bottle against something hard will allow you a few more squirts of product when desperate, but overall you can see how well the product works based on the way it will not budge off the sides of the bottle without significant force.

I would say this product is comparable to (yet relatively better than) the full coverage foundations from Mary Kay in texture and quality, to give an idea for those who are familiar with Mary Kay products or have received boxes full of mary kay samples from their mother like I have.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2012 10:41:00 PM More reviews by alicea825

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't think this was a bad product, it was just bad for me and my oily skin. Within 3 hours of wearing this, my face looked like an oil slick. This is definitely for dry skin that needs the serum for the extra moisturizing benefits. It did go on nicely and the coverage was very good with just one pump from the bottle needed for my entire face.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by Crazydaisy13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I think this foundation would work well for someone who does not have oily skin. It went on great, but disappeared within hours. I was left with an oilslick on my face. I might try it again in 30 years when my face is less oily.