November 27, 2014 | 1226 users online

Mascara - Almay - One Coat Dial Up

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2011 1:26:00 AM More reviews by naturalk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this mascara because it was on sale at CVS! It was worth what I paid for it. I did not like the packaging. every time I tried to open the bottle the dial would turn to a different dial. Also, my wand came out of the bottle bent instead of straight. Overall the mascara did its job and did not clump too bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2011 1:45:00 AM More reviews by beachgirl1210

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have used sooooo many drugstores mascaras that have ultimatley weighed down my lashes and have flaked all over me during the course of the day. This is the only mascara that lengthens and thickens my lashes all day without flaking and keeps them nice, perky, and curled all day long! I am in love and I am already on my 2nd tube! Will repurchase!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2011 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Lemonz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I actually like this mascara. It makes my lashes look really long, but also helps hold a curl. It was only $4 on sale and it does the job so I really don't have a complaint.

The only thing I would like to warn people about is that switching the dial up thing doesn't really do anything. It just gets more or less actual mascara on the wand. It doesn't do much in my experience. So if you expect to get "natural" lashes on level 1 and then "voluminous" on level 3 you're not. it looks the same each level, you're just prone to get more clumps on level 3. I stay on level 2 and I'm clump free.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2011 10:05:00 AM More reviews by andyloob57

have used several different types of almay mascaras and liked them all. this is another one that will be added to my "like and will buy again" list of almay products. their products are good quality, hypoalergenic , reasonably priced and look good on. 5 stars!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by alee26

I didn't notice any difference in my lashes from the 3 settings apart from the fact that the brush picks up more product on the end of the brush making my lashes clump together. I wiped away so much product with each use so it wasn't worth the price since alot of product was wasted. It doesn't smudge, but flakes a little. Overall, a good idea, but performed quite badly in my opinion.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2011 6:54:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

This stuff gave me the same effect as the Falsies...and that's not a good thing. Gave my lashes great volume, but clumped them together in 3 huge spikes...and clumped like crazy! I couldn't even comb the clumps out, and it just made my lashes look like broken spider legs. Plus it's a super wet formula, and smudged all over my upper lid the moment after I put it on. Glad I got this in a swap, because I definitely won't buy this!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2011 12:19:00 PM More reviews by Dumplingwok

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

For its expensive price, this mascara was average. At first I thought dial-up thing was cool, but putting it at 3 made my eyelashes really thick and they stuck together. At 2, it thickens a little but doesn't really add any length. Its your average mascara for people who just want a little color. I will not be purchasing this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2011 7:51:00 AM More reviews by NancyGooGoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm trying this out for the first time this morning andI have to say that I'm quite impressed. Separates my lashes rather nicely and lengthens them, as well. No funny smell, although the brush has thin bristles - but they actually get the job done! I'm pleased with the results!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2011 4:09:00 PM More reviews by grrrrrace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like everyone else here, I bought this for dirt cheap on clearance at CVS. I didn't really get the dial up concept, since all of them felt the same to me. And I'm glad it was dirt cheap, because I didn't feel so bad when I threw it away.
I think I would have liked this if I had naturally curly lashes. But unfortunately, I have stick straight Asian lashes that takes forever to curl and will deflate immediately with the wrong mascara. Such as this one.
The formula of this mascara is very wet, which is why my lashes won't stay curled with this. I tried using this over my Shiseido mascara base, which helps hold the curl with most mascaras, but not this one. My eyelashes deflated pin straight in five minutes. It also didn't do much in the volumizing and lengthening department, so it has no future in my makeup drawer, so out it went into the trash bin!
Will definitely not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2011 11:38:00 PM More reviews by catp

I bought this mascara on sale at CVS and I am so glad! I set it on 3 and it makes my lashes look really long and full - and not clumpy! I have received so many compliments about my lashes since I started wearing it. I will definitely buy it again!

The one draw back I've found is that it smears really easily after I have had it on for awhile. Not enough of a problem for me to stop using it though!