April 16, 2014 | 1550 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof Mascara

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by user24678

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I picked this and The Rocket WP up at Shoppers Drug Mart with a BOGO coupon when I learned that they either have just stopped stocking my usual Volum' Express The Turbo WP or it has been discontinued. I only picked this one up because of the coupon and it was the mascara I expected to like a lot less out of the two because of the curved brush (just haven't had much luck with them in the past). The brush was a little intimidating at first because of the unusual shape (it's not just curved... it really is "spoon" shaped, like they say) and I really didn't have high expectations. Well, what a pleasant surprise... It actually worked really, really well! It's very black, as the name suggests, and I liked that it was a wetter formula and applied fairly heavy to quickly plump up my long but thin lashes. I usually end up having to apply many coats to get my lashes to really show up, but this only took about two coats (not letting it dry inbetween) to achieve the same effect. I like how you can either use the longer-bristled sides of the brush to separate your lashes after applying, or just keep using the inner side of the "spoon" for more of a doll lash look (the effect I like). The outer side of the tip of the brush also worked especially well on my lower lashes because of the outward curve (less messy). Like most other Volum' Express WP formulas I've tried, it didn't flake or smudge on me throughout the day, and it was easy to remove with Neutrogena's Oil-Free eye makeup remover. This one's a winner in my books!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2013 1:59:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

I have been wanting to try this for a long time but overall I thought it was a bit meh in performance. It did give my lashes some volume, but didn't do much in terms of length. It did help to separate my lashes and open up my eyes which was nice. It just didn't give the dramatic look I was hoping for. I'm glad this worked well for others, but unfortunately I wasn't too impressed. I will use my tube up until I find something better. Oh well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2013 1:48:00 AM More reviews by ginny22

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this mascara as I have fairly long eyelashes but need volume which is what this mascara gives me. I also will only wear waterproof mascara so this suits me perfectly.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by Val9756

Thickens some, lengthens only a little, and smudges/flakes by mid-day. Did not hold curl either.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by girlygirl8705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This waterproof mascara holds a curl so incredibly well. Lasts and lasts throughout the day. No flakes or smudging. It also makes my lashes look thicker and longer. When I use an eyelash curler with this stuff, I get asked if my eyelashes are real. This mascara can be hard to remove, however, without a proper eye-makeup remover. Holding something like a cotton ball, with something like the oil-free Neutrogena eye make-up remover on the cotton ball, up to the eye for a number of seconds and then gently wiping away the makeup, can help break down the mascara. I was using Neutrogena's makeup removing towelettes but that took 15 minutes to properly remove the stuff. (I don't think the towelettes are the best for really long lasting waterproof mascara) So make sure you have something that can actually remove waterproof mascara or it will be a pain to remove. I think that this stuff is HG material. And the price makes me even more happy as I have used numerous high end mascaras over the years.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2013 4:10:00 AM More reviews by chloecat333

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Does an amazing job for lengthening and adding volume to your lashes. It has a thick/wet formula which works good for long eyelashes (like myself;) ) . The brush is curved which works good for coating every lash and curling your eyelashes. Only problem was that even though it said it was waterproof it felt like a normal mascara-smudging in water (raccoon eyes..) , flaking, and smudging outside of water. Good price for a mascara though!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/5/2013 4:15:00 AM More reviews by hellotammy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first put this mascara on I thought I had found my Holy Grail, it lengthened and volumised effortlessly and held up the curl on my stubborn Asian lashes. But boy was I wrong, by the end of 2-3 hours I always end up with ridiculous smudging underneath my eyes and even above my eyelids! I have tried to make this work; I've tried powdering my concealer like crazy, using eye primer, not wearing eyeliner and putting less coats on, but to no avail! The confusing thing is this is a waterproof formula. This mascara is a complete fail for me as I would rather have unimpressive lashes than develop massive panda smudges before noon. I've seen it working for some people, but if you have oily lids then I don't recommend this at all!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2013 6:18:00 PM More reviews by divabeautyqueen

i gave this mascara a 4 lippie review because it does everything it claims to. gives you full long lashes without the clumping or flaking. absolutely love this for a more dramatic eye look as it does do alot for the lashes. i would not run out and buy this again because i have way too many mascaras already, but i love this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/4/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by makeupluver23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this thinking it would work like the other Maybelline mascara's, but it was not . I didn't not like this mascara. it didn't hold my curl at all , was very clumpy and overall didn't like it . normally I love Maybelline mascara but this one was a miss for me

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by danielle616

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I usually LOVE Maybelline mascaras but this one was awful. I may have just gotten a bad one. I love the regular Falsies but not the waterproof. It smudged all over my eye lids and it was extremely wet. It didn't make my eyelashes too clumpy but it hardly stayed on. More ended up on my lids then was on my lashes. It only lasted on me for about 1-2 hours. I don't have terribly oily lids and I don't usually have trouble with mascara. This was a total dud for me. If you wanna try the Falsies, get the regular version.