Cover Girl Liquiline Blast - Blackfire

3.9

Cyclopentasiloxane, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), C11 12 Isoparaffin, Polybutene, Hydrogenated Cottonseed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil (Jojoba), Ceresin, Ozokerite, Microcrystalline Wax, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Propylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), May Contain:, Iron Oxides, Mica, Carmine (CI 75470), Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake, Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ultramarines, Aluminum Powder (CI 77000), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Black 2 (CI 77266), Bronze Powder (CI 77400), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Green, Copper Powder, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet, Zinc Oxide

on 9/20/2011 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I think the key to prevent this liner from smudging horribly is to let it set before you touch your eyes or blink excessively. The formula of this pencil is very soft and creamy (similar in texture to products like the UD 24/7 pencils, L'Oreal HIP Chrome liners, Prestige Total Intensity and Milani Liquif'eye pencils). Pigmentation-wise, this black is not the most intense black I've seen in a liner. It requires two coats to get a nice black line and with one coat, it looks more grey-black in colour. I use this mainly for my waterline and tight-lining. It does a good job and stays put for almost the entire day. I can't use this for my upper lash line since it tends to smudge easily on me. Good for intentional smudging but not for those who like precise clean lines. Due to the soft nature of these pencils, sharpening is a pain. I like to let mine sit in the fridge for an hour before sharpening to reduce wasting/breaking the pencil as you sharpen it.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I wear eyeliner 95% of places I go so i have a lot of eyeliners. This kind is NOT good. It slides around and smears. It just isn't good. I even tried the silver gray one and it's the same thing! it slips and slides. Each one of these I've had only lasted me 2-3 days. I avoid wearing them at all times. not a good product.

on 7/16/2011 9:27:00 PM

This is a very soft and pigmented eyeliner. But the staying power is awful on my eyes, especially on the water line. I wore this on my upper lids when I was at an amusement park the other day and it faded significantly. Eh, sorry Covergirl but I am staying true to my Revlon Colorstay

on 7/3/2011 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I got the liquiline blast eyeliner on clearance in a two package and I LOVE IT. It's creamy, glides on my eyelids and doesn't smudge as much as other eyeliners. I also love the smudger on the end as it helps soften the lines on the lower lids. That being said, what stops this from being a 5 is the sharpening.
For some reason, whenever my pencil breaks, I sharpen it and I either A.)waste most of the pencil trying to sharpen the darn thing or B.) I sharpen it enough and it either breaks or part of the pencil scrapes my eyelid as I drag it across my eyelid. That shouldn't happen but I don't want to waste pencil on sharpening.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

One of the best eyeliners I've ever bought! Stays on the waterline all day and is super black! If you haven't tried it, you really should! It is money well spent!

on 7/2/2011 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I love this eyeliner! It makes clean, bold and strong lines which did not streak or made racoon eyes when I wore it all day. For strong lines like that of liquid or pen liners, this one's the best to use, a lot easier and you'll get the same effect. Product price is also reasonable. As for the smudger, i find no use for it because once applied, the product will start setting in after just around 10 seconds after that it wont budge anymore. And the smudger came off when i tried to pull the cap off. I havent tried sharpening it but I hope I wont have a hard time. This is a pretty good product for a very reasonable price and did not irritate my eyes so if you need a pretty decent liner, try this one.

on 6/25/2011 7:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

These are wonderful eyeliners. I esp. love the brown pencil. They apply very easily, last, and are inexpensive. These have replaced higher end products for me.

I like this eyeliner. It's soft and intense. I like how it doesn't bother/irritate my contacts. :)

on 6/9/2011 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought this after reading so many + ve reviews . But It didn't stay on my waterline , even after setting it with an eyeshadow ... It stayed as i put it on for a good 2 hrs ...that's really it . I re-checked it after like 3 hrs , after the staying power of 2 hrs ( 2+ 3 hrs) , 75% of them have already gone ' below ' to the corners ..

Good things are , it is richly pigmented .So good color pay off and it is soft .. Easy to draw the line without going over and over again

I paid around 9 bucks for this and am only using it to tightline.. it works good over there though...

But with the sharpening problems many people have, I didn't buy their CG's " special sharpener " ..My $ 2 NYC duo sharpener did a good job of sharpening this pencil to an extend ...It didn't give me a sharp edge though... But i' m still able to get the desired line

on 5/31/2011 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this eyeliner because the salesperson at Shoppers Drug mart recomended it. I loved it. I used it everyday for about 3 weeks before the pencil broke. When it broke I thought no biggie I will just sharpen it. This pencil does NOT sharpen!! I used 3 eyeliner sharpeners including a covergirl one I bought specifically to sharpen it and none worked. I went back to Shoppers and they couldn't help me so I called Cover Girl and they sent me a coupon for one free cover girl product. I was really disapointed because I didn't want to go buy another one if it was just going to break in 3 weeks. Insted I went and bought Maybelline eye studio, now thats a real product! The cover girl eye liner did make great lines and it stayed all day. I didn't even really need to use the smudger but the fact that it came with it was a bonus.