September 23, 2014 | 826 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Sepia Ink Long Wear Gel Liner

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2008 7:43:00 PM More reviews by jenc842

When I first saw the gel liner, I was totally against converting from pencil to gel. The idea painting on liner petrified me, and it looked like an art. But, after a few times of practicing, this is the best way of applying liner and I'm never going back to pencil. This does not smudge and lasts ALL day. The only complaint I have about this is that it dries out very quickly (after a few months) and isn't as quality as when you first buy it because of that. So, every time you use this you MUST put on the cap as soon as you're done using it. Minimize the air!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2008 12:53:00 AM More reviews by greengirl110

This is a GREAT eyeliner. I've been using this for the past few years and I can't imagine going back to traditional pencil liners. With the gel liner, I can create a more natural looking line around my eyes, and this color is a perfect mix of black and brown. On nights when i want to go for a more dramatic look, I line my eyes a bit thicker and it looks great. It's a really versatile product and the best thing is that it stays on my eyes all day without smudging. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2008 1:21:00 AM More reviews by BelleDeCrecy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I must share a secret with my fellow brunette MUAers-- this is TERRIFIC for BROWS! Take a tiny dab on your BB ultrafine eyeliner brush, wipe any excess on a tissue and VERY lightly (with a sketching motion) fill in your brows in the same direction that they grow. Take your time the first time you do this until you get the feel of it. When you are satisfied, give it a second or two to dry, then go over it gently with an eyebrow brush. Dab your brows lightly with compact powder to soften the look. Your brows will last ALL DAY and won't smudge, even in hot weather. Of course, the most appropriate colors for this are Mahogany or Sepia ink.
UPDATE-I've discovered Makeup Forever Waterproof Brow Corrector. It works on the same principal but it's designed specifically for brows.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2008 6:06:00 AM More reviews by Kanjana

I love this gel liner! The color looks so natural and yet makes me look so much better than without it. It is so easy to apply with the ultrafine eyeliner brush (although the brush wore off too quickly, but that's another product to review). It is quite a hassle to use though coz I would very much prefer a pencil liner that could do the same thing for my eyes, but have yet to find one. I've bought quite a few pencil liners to try to copy the effect that this gel liner does to my eyes, but still no luck. I always have to come back to this gel liner and threw away all those useless pencils.
It does smudge on me a little though as I'm in a tropical zone and have quite oily eyelids, but I could live with that.
Forgot to say that I wouldn't buy this color again coz there are so many other colors I wanna try such as granite ink, mahogany, etc.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2008 11:36:00 PM More reviews by Cactus_Pear

Color: dark browned black. The problem I've had with some brown eyeliners is that they are TOO brown, I want a less harsh, more natural looking alternative to black. This color is perfect because it's close to black but not as harsh and much more softer and natural looking.

Texture/staying power: The BEST! BB Gel liners are comparable to MAC but with one major difference: texture. The texture of MAC's fluidlines is wetter, not as thick as Bobbi Brown's. BB gel liners are of a thicker, less wet consistency and I find BB's much easier to work with and I much prefer the texture over MAC's. However, for some reason, I use up Bobbi Brown gel liner pots faster than MAC's---but that could be a benefit, more sanitary (less time for bacteria to fester in the pot of liner.)

This is my HG liner. I find jet black gel liners such as MAC fluidline to harsh sometimes, although I love blacktrack for tightlining because it's more defining when used as tightlining than BB Sepia Ink. But I like Sepia Ink better for regular eye lining, I love how natural it looks. This really is longwearing, I have oily eyelids that causes other eyeliners (pencil liners) to raccoon eye and smear on me within a few hours of applying. Bobbi Brown stays on longer, does not raccoon eye on me, and does not smear. You could apply it before going to sleep and it would be there the next morning. This is PERFECT with Urban Decay primer potion.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2008 7:14:00 PM More reviews by jgsawy0uth

This is the best eyeliner I've ever used. Every previous attempt has been somewhat unsuccessful as I would always accidently draw it on too thick. This would make my eyes appear much smaller, closer together, and deeper set due to my eyelids being hidden behind a thick line. Brown's gel liner allows you to make the thinnest line possible, as close to the lash line as possible, with the smallest effort. I wish I tried it a long time ago.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2008 9:15:00 PM More reviews by karenwalker22

I have been using this Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner for about 2 years now. Before that, I used a waterproof pencil liner from Prestige, which I thought at the time was pretty good, but since using the BB liner I don't think anything can compare. I have eyelids which don't have a large open lid area (I guess you can call it a hooded eye, like an Asian eye, although I am not Asian), and anything other than a waterproof liner just smudges and smears all over the place. Even some of the waterproof liners would smear. But this one stays in place like no other yet is easily removed with eye makeup remover (I use Neutrogena) or plain baby oil. I love the color for my fair skin/blue eyes; it's not as harsh on me as black. It's not hard to apply, especially with practice, and I use the BB eyeliner brush, the one with the yellow bristles as I like a thicker line across my top lids. The only complaint I have is that the 2 pots of this I've had in the past have dried out quite a bit by the time it's halfway gone. A MAC artist recently told me that by adding just the tiniest drop of tea tree oil, the consistency will come back, but I've been reluctant to do this yet. If it gets bad enough, it's worth a try before tossing it away, tho.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2008 3:15:00 PM More reviews by deneuve39

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best eyeliner I have ever used! It has fantastic staying power (won't crease) and is easy to apply. I'm quite fair skinned and have blonde hair so the sepia color works really well for daytime looks. The gel is really easy to apply, though it can get a little inconvenient to have to carry around the eyeliner brush. I've gotten this eyeliner is 3 other colors and highly recommend it. Though it is expensive a pot will last at least a year.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2008 7:49:00 PM More reviews by ConnieTunick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is by far the best eyeliner for sensitive eyes. I used MAC fluidline before, but this is a much better product. It stays all day until I want it off. Also this product doesn't ruin brushes like other products.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2008 9:52:00 AM More reviews by Querida

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

You haven't used eyeliner if you haven't tried Bobbi's gel eyeliner. This is a dark dark brown (almost black) gel eyeliner without any shimmer. Lasts long and when it wears off it fades subtly instead of leaving your eyes looking like they've been punched. Very good. If only it is more convenient to carry around.