Bobbi Brown Sepia Ink Long Wear Gel Liner

4.5

I have grown to love this liner. At first, I thought it was nothing special, but it really is a perfect dark brown for me (NC15 with blue-gray eyes). It looks like a rich (but not warm) dark brown, not black or soft black. I can wear this with anything and usually do a strong line with a fine pointed brush. While I sometimes don't want to spend the extra minute putting this stuff on, I am ALWAYS glad I did. Perfect neutral that leaves me room in my stash for black liner, which has its own place.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is the color i've been hunting for!! It is the perfect "almost black but not" e/l. I am tired of how black e/l looks so harsh but greys not looking right on me and browns just being blah. But sepia is the perfect ratio combination of black and brown and gray! Its almost charcoal-ish brown imo. It's perfect on my asian MAC NC30-35 skin tone, and is dark enough to define my eyes without looks harsh or "unnatural". This is my HG daytime/work/neutral e/s!!

This was applied on me at 10:30am. I went home and was tired and went to sleep without taking the eyeliner off (yes I was really tired). I woke up at 6:30pm and it was still on. It only budged after I used eye makeup remover at 8:30pm!

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I didn't hate this, in fact I used it for probably a year, but it really isn't that special color-wise or application-wise, given that practically half of all cosmetic companies make gel liners, many for a third the price. This is long lasting on me and it's a not really true black, but close. I liked it while I used it, but now I think there are cheaper, pretty darn good dupes. I will say I'm not a devoted to one makeup product kinda gal, I can never resist the next big thing.

When I first saw the gel liner, I was totally against converting from pencil to gel. The idea painting on liner petrified me, and it looked like an art. But, after a few times of practicing, this is the best way of applying liner and I'm never going back to pencil. This does not smudge and lasts ALL day. The only complaint I have about this is that it dries out very quickly (after a few months) and isn't as quality as when you first buy it because of that. So, every time you use this you MUST put on the cap as soon as you're done using it. Minimize the air!

This is a GREAT eyeliner. I've been using this for the past few years and I can't imagine going back to traditional pencil liners. With the gel liner, I can create a more natural looking line around my eyes, and this color is a perfect mix of black and brown. On nights when i want to go for a more dramatic look, I line my eyes a bit thicker and it looks great. It's a really versatile product and the best thing is that it stays on my eyes all day without smudging. Love it!

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I must share a secret with my fellow brunette MUAers-- this is TERRIFIC for BROWS! Take a tiny dab on your BB ultrafine eyeliner brush, wipe any excess on a tissue and VERY lightly (with a sketching motion) fill in your brows in the same direction that they grow. Take your time the first time you do this until you get the feel of it. When you are satisfied, give it a second or two to dry, then go over it gently with an eyebrow brush. Dab your brows lightly with compact powder to soften the look. Your brows will last ALL DAY and won't smudge, even in hot weather. Of course, the most appropriate colors for this are Mahogany or Sepia ink.
UPDATE-I've discovered Makeup Forever Waterproof Brow Corrector. It works on the same principal but it's designed specifically for brows.

I love this gel liner! The color looks so natural and yet makes me look so much better than without it. It is so easy to apply with the ultrafine eyeliner brush (although the brush wore off too quickly, but that's another product to review). It is quite a hassle to use though coz I would very much prefer a pencil liner that could do the same thing for my eyes, but have yet to find one. I've bought quite a few pencil liners to try to copy the effect that this gel liner does to my eyes, but still no luck. I always have to come back to this gel liner and threw away all those useless pencils.
It does smudge on me a little though as I'm in a tropical zone and have quite oily eyelids, but I could live with that.
Forgot to say that I wouldn't buy this color again coz there are so many other colors I wanna try such as granite ink, mahogany, etc.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Color: dark browned black. The problem I've had with some brown eyeliners is that they are TOO brown, I want a less harsh, more natural looking alternative to black. This color is perfect because it's close to black but not as harsh and much more softer and natural looking.

Texture/staying power: The BEST! BB Gel liners are comparable to MAC but with one major difference: texture. The texture of MAC's fluidlines is wetter, not as thick as Bobbi Brown's. BB gel liners are of a thicker, less wet consistency and I find BB's much easier to work with and I much prefer the texture over MAC's. However, for some reason, I use up Bobbi Brown gel liner pots faster than MAC's---but that could be a benefit, more sanitary (less time for bacteria to fester in the pot of liner.)

This is my HG liner. I find jet black gel liners such as MAC fluidline to harsh sometimes, although I love blacktrack for tightlining because it's more defining when used as tightlining than BB Sepia Ink. But I like Sepia Ink better for regular eye lining, I love how natural it looks. This really is longwearing, I have oily eyelids that causes other eyeliners (pencil liners) to raccoon eye and smear on me within a few hours of applying. Bobbi Brown stays on longer, does not raccoon eye on me, and does not smear. You could apply it before going to sleep and it would be there the next morning. This is PERFECT with Urban Decay primer potion.

This is the best eyeliner I've ever used. Every previous attempt has been somewhat unsuccessful as I would always accidently draw it on too thick. This would make my eyes appear much smaller, closer together, and deeper set due to my eyelids being hidden behind a thick line. Brown's gel liner allows you to make the thinnest line possible, as close to the lash line as possible, with the smallest effort. I wish I tried it a long time ago.