January 25, 2015 | 2047 users online

Eyeliner - Tarte - Amazonian Clay Waterproof Liner with Double-Ended Brush

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by dlasky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have oily eyelids, and at first it stayed put. It must have been waiting for me to give a favorable review (this is an edit), because now it won't stay on without a primer. I didn't change anything in my routine, so I don't know what the deal is. It must be the weirdness I've seen other women over 40 describe; my skin is suddenly dry, sensitive, and oily at the same time. As other reviews have noted, it dries out quickly, but so did the much pricier Cle de Peau. The double-tipped brush is wonderful, but a little tricky for me to use on the lower eyelashes (I prefer a light touch, not a smoky eye.) I'm currently trying out other brands and using this until I find something better.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by piinkcheeks27

I really dont like this creme/gel liner at all! I bought it with the set with the brush which I loooove! THis stuff was amazing the first few times I tried it, then it dried out on me! Sucks cuz this stuff aint cheap. Its 20 bucks or more (w/ the brush) So in all i felt like I didnt waste money cuz I guess I paid for the brush which is awesome. I like Wet n wild gel liner better or MAC blacktrack. Seriously, skip this one!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2012 3:07:00 PM More reviews by LilyMakeupEvan

I never really got a chance to use this product because it dried out on me! Only after a month of buying it, the stuff dried up, so I had to throw it out. In short, if you can use up this liner in a month or so, its probably amazing, other save your bucks. The Maybelline gel liner doesnot dry up like this one does, so I reccomend that. Would I repurchase? Nope.
Let me know if this review was helpful or not and check out my reviews on other liners :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2012 5:27:00 PM More reviews by EvilyKyoko

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the bronze one, which i use as a shadow. this has not creased on me yet. I really like it so far, and it's such a pretty color! It's very easy to apply with your finger, and you don't need to top it with a shadow. I plan to use this on mornings when I want an easy makeup look. I just wish there was more product here for the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2012 3:32:00 PM More reviews by pulitzer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Unfortunately, I also have to go with the negative side of reviews on here.
Works well upon first using (relatively smooth application, good staying power) but quickly dried up in a month to a harder consistency - the resulting product was not only more difficult to get on my liner brush but was also harder to apply to my eyelid as it tugged. Perhaps the container is not as airtight as it could be to keep it usable longer?

Though this product is quite water resistant and has good lasting power, I'd go with the more emollient Bobbi Brown or ELF cream liner, both of which I have tried and like! I've also tried Tarte's inner rim liner pencil which I hated upon immediate use and ranted about on here...I'd agree that Tarte's eye products need some work compared to their great cheek and lip products.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by xyz07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I would have given this product 5 stars when I first bought it but over time, it dried out to a thick clay consistency which made it hard to work with and made cleaning it off my brush into a nightmarish task. Not worth the effort so I chucked it to the trash.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2012 4:08:00 PM More reviews by fallingashes93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

wonderful eyeliner. stays put all day. you need to be fast when applying this and make sure to make no mistakes cause it will be really hard to fix the mistake. if you put on foundation before eye makeup, make sure to put on eye makeup before foundation so you can fix the eye makeup without messing up your foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by StupidUserNames

This product is expensive and it plain sucks in less than an hour this crappy overpriced eyeliner ran all over my face I looked as is I had been crying. The only reason why I didn't return it was because I like the brush. I will never repurchase ever again!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2011 5:38:00 AM More reviews by calzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I didn't buy these products as the set, but I do own both the liner (black one and bronze) and the liner brush because I got them separately in different kits.

I do love the liners- they are great and long lasting. I love how Tarte doesn't put in harsh or toxic chemicals into their stuff- I sure don't want that stuff getting into my eyes!

The brush hasn't really been used yet because when it arrived it was kind of squished in the packaging, so I really have just used it for applying lip ointment...

Anyway, love the liners, the brush I don't know.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2011 10:12:00 PM More reviews by timothybcat

I'm a newbie to gel/cream eyeliners, so I don't really have a basis for comparison, but I've been reading a lot about them and apparently these little pots dry out quickly. I thought, Hmmm, my Tarte one hasn't dried out yet. But I'll bet that's because I hardly used it at first! I just don't quite have the skills or patience to do a full black eyeliner with a brush in the morning, so this eyeliner (I got it in black) was more of a Saturday night thing for me. I've been using it more lately to see if it would dry out, and it does seem to be getting harder to work with, harder to apply, and more crumbly. Like someone else wrote, I'm having to layer it on more thickly to get precise definition so it's a thick, cakey layer that therefore cracks and flakes like it didn't when I first got it. Too bad! It worked beautifully at first. Well, back to liquid liner I go for now! I do like the double-ended brush it came with though.