Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Liner with Double-Ended Brush

3.6

Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polyethylene, Isododecane, Polybutene, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, VP/ Exadecane Copolymer, Ozokerite, Candelilla Cera, Silica, Kaolin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol. ( /-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Carmine (CI 75470).

on 3/24/2012 7:58:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I was really excited to try these liners when they came out. I immediately bought the bronze one. It was perfect for summer. It's a very beautiful shimmery brown. It's a very smooth formula. I actually really liked using it as an eyeshadow base across my entire lid. The two sided brush it comes with is really great. I use it to apply most of my cream liners. I honestly didn't use it that much since I have so many other products, but a bit into the fall when I went to use it again, it was completely dried out! I was very disappointed at this and it ended up being a waste of a great product (and my money). So if you want to get your money's worth, I recommend this for someone who will use it every day.

on 3/18/2012 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is sort of a comparison between this product, and my first love, Blacktrack.

I first tried this when I bought a Tarte value pack from Sephora. I wasn't expecting anything special, but this product wowed me. For a little while, it completely replaced my MAC Blacktrack.

I find that this stays on my lower lash line better than Blacktrack, but it still migrates by the end of the day. I'm not sure if I have exceptionally watery lids, but I have yet to find an eyeliner that stays put all day. It runs mostly in my outer corner, where my eyes are the most watery but stays put very nicely every where else, which is a huge improvement over Blacktrack.

This product does dry out very quickly, but I found that this increases the staying power on my waterline. However, it makes lining my upper lash line quite difficult.

The perfect combination for me is to use Blacktrack on my upper lash line and this product on my lower lash line. I've yet to find a better combination, and am quite pleased with the results.

on 3/11/2012 7:04:00 PM

My very first review on MUA!

Eyeliner is a must in my world, so I have and will reviews for other liners I have tried in the past.

I really like Tarte and it's environmental philosophy, not to mention good products and great packaging.

Sadly, their emphasEYES eyeliner is not a clear winner for me.

I bought both the "black" and "bronze" colours, which I would give two ratings for. The main difference, besides the colour, is the staying power. I find that with most black liners, because of the bags under my eyes, tend to lose it's staying power over time, and I end up having an embarrassing black ring underneath my eye from smiling too much! Unfortunately, the black isn't any different than other brands, and leaves this horrid ring.

The bronze colour, however, had a much stronger staying power, and it has a slight shimmer which I think is great for Summer. Although I still recommend the bronze, I think it is better suited for individuals who have a warmer skin tone as it is more of a copper-brown.

The big plus with this product? Two-sided brush that comes with!

on 2/21/2012 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I have this in black, so I use it as an eyeliner, which it is AMAZING for. It applies buttery smooth and jet-black and it is easy to create a thick or thin line. Mine didn't come with a brush since I got this in a set. I have my own brushes though. Also, I feel this has dried out a little. It used to be so smooth and now it doesn't apply as easily. I've had this for a month. Overall, I would repurchase this.

on 2/15/2012 5:34:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have oily eyelids, and at first it stayed put. It must have been waiting for me to give a favorable review (this is an edit), because now it won't stay on without a primer. I didn't change anything in my routine, so I don't know what the deal is. It must be the weirdness I've seen other women over 40 describe; my skin is suddenly dry, sensitive, and oily at the same time. As other reviews have noted, it dries out quickly, but so did the much pricier Cle de Peau. The double-tipped brush is wonderful, but a little tricky for me to use on the lower eyelashes (I prefer a light touch, not a smoky eye.) I'm currently trying out other brands and using this until I find something better.

I really dont like this creme/gel liner at all! I bought it with the set with the brush which I loooove! THis stuff was amazing the first few times I tried it, then it dried out on me! Sucks cuz this stuff aint cheap. Its 20 bucks or more (w/ the brush) So in all i felt like I didnt waste money cuz I guess I paid for the brush which is awesome. I like Wet n wild gel liner better or MAC blacktrack. Seriously, skip this one!

on 1/16/2012 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I have the bronze one, which i use as a shadow. this has not creased on me yet. I really like it so far, and it's such a pretty color! It's very easy to apply with your finger, and you don't need to top it with a shadow. I plan to use this on mornings when I want an easy makeup look. I just wish there was more product here for the price.

on 1/15/2012 3:32:00 PM

Unfortunately, I also have to go with the negative side of reviews on here.
Works well upon first using (relatively smooth application, good staying power) but quickly dried up in a month to a harder consistency - the resulting product was not only more difficult to get on my liner brush but was also harder to apply to my eyelid as it tugged. Perhaps the container is not as airtight as it could be to keep it usable longer?

Though this product is quite water resistant and has good lasting power, I'd go with the more emollient Bobbi Brown or ELF cream liner, both of which I have tried and like! I've also tried Tarte's inner rim liner pencil which I hated upon immediate use and ranted about on here...I'd agree that Tarte's eye products need some work compared to their great cheek and lip products.

on 1/15/2012 1:14:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I would have given this product 5 stars when I first bought it but over time, it dried out to a thick clay consistency which made it hard to work with and made cleaning it off my brush into a nightmarish task. Not worth the effort so I chucked it to the trash.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

wonderful eyeliner. stays put all day. you need to be fast when applying this and make sure to make no mistakes cause it will be really hard to fix the mistake. if you put on foundation before eye makeup, make sure to put on eye makeup before foundation so you can fix the eye makeup without messing up your foundation.