October 23, 2014 | 918 users online

Highlighters - E.L.F. - Studio Blush in Gotta Glow

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2011 7:33:00 PM More reviews by alyssa18o6

I found recently that my local Kmart carries Elf Studio products now, along with the $1 line, so the price for this is really good at $3. On the ELF website you can find from time to time deals, and when I purchased this I believe I paid $1.50. The packaging is really good, similar to NARS packaging (except my NARS packaging gets super dirty, not my ELF packaging!) The product it self is slightly shimmery, I find the shimmer to be slightly gold. I don't find this chalky like other reviewers have said. I use this as a highlighter on my cheekbones, and down my nose, etc. I also use this as a highlighter for my eyes. I have quite a few highlights, and this is my favorite one to use all the time! Perfect for all year around, and it applys beautiful on the skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2011 7:20:00 PM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Wow, I love this so much., It's my first powder highlighter and I can't believe how easier this is to use than cream/liquid/stick ones. I just use e.l.f.'s angled contour brush to apply this to my cheekbones and a little on the brow bone and nose. It's a very bright, silvery-white shimmer that looks so pretty on your skin. The packaging is, as usual with e.l.f.'s studio line, simply amazing for such a low price.
Edit: Took off one lippie because the consistency is kinda chalky.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2011 2:20:00 AM More reviews by alee26

This was too sparkly for my liking. I use it as a highlight, but because it's not very pigmented you need to pack on a little bit more and when you do, the shimmer hits you and it ends up accentuating my oily skin and pores. I found this blush in particular to be a bit more chalky than the other ELF blushes in the Studio line. I wouldn't buy this one again.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2011 7:18:00 PM More reviews by theiriina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I think I'm just gonna purchase NARS Albatross highlighter. I love products from NARS but sometimes I just can't afford them so I decided to try a cheap dupe - what a mistake! This product is extremely chalky and glittery. My cheekbones do glow when I apply this on them but if you look at closer my cheeks are just full of gold glitter. I don't want to look like discoball.. Such a dissapointment but what can you expect from a product that costs only three dollars..

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2011 11:16:00 AM More reviews by EmilyJurow

I bought this and went through it in about 2 months, but I used it almost every day.
I bought another one, and will most likely continue using this.
It give your face a nice glow, but to add depth I also use ELF's Essentials Healthy Glow Bronzing Powder in Sun Kissed, along with a darker contour bronzer and a blush.
It's a lot, but during the summer, all 4 products combined make my face glow so amazingly!
I use this under my brow bone too as a highlight. I really like this product.
When I was getting low, I browsed the drugstore for a comparable highlighter, and couldn't find one even close to this! And when you consider the price too- I'm hooked!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Sanzibar

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was very hesitant to try this product because I'm way too old to use sparkly colors. Since I have nothing like this in my collection, I went ahead and bought it during a half price E.L.F. sale. I'm amazed at how much I love it. It lives up to it's name and just gives a nice glow to my face but not too shimmery. The powder is fine in texture and blends well. I would never pay what a NARS blush costs so I can't compare. The Studio Blushes are high end in packaging and there's plenty of product. I use such a light amount for highlighting, I won't be running out anytime soon. I really like this though and would definitely re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2011 6:25:00 AM More reviews by BebiMou

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know sht about Nars products cuz I can't afford high end makeup, so I'm not making an Albatross comparison. I just love this product. I don't use it as an all over highlighter, but just on my cheeks/cheekbones under blush and it really gives me a nice golden glow. It's going to look really nice this summer as I get more color to my skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2011 4:37:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Not too impressed. This is a bright highlight shade, I find it is a little too "cool" for my skin personally. Even if the shade works for you, it is a bit chalky. I use it very occasionally, and for 3 bucks it's not so bad, but there are better 3 dollar elf products available. This is not a must-have.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2011 5:52:00 PM More reviews by avalencia29303

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay. I bought this mainly as a Nars Albatross dupe before I got the real thing. I figured under two bucks why not? I know some dupes come very close to their original counterparts; that's the intention, the create very very similar cheaper product to an expensive popular one that basically gives the same effect. I'm personally a fan of highlighters and have more than I'll ever be able to use in a lifetime (Bobbi Brown's Shimmerbricks, Mac's MSFs, Smashbox's glow powder, Benefit's High Beam/Moon Beam/products galore...)

I've got both so I'm able to make accurate comparisons and I don't neccessarily favorite the Nars brand as I think it's expensive to begin with.

Nars Albatross is a very lovely, highly pigmented, soft wash of gold that's finely milled with no glitter whatsoever. You can use it very lightly and still get a gorgeous luminous effect. As soon as you apply it (I use Mac's 131 msf brush) you immediatly see your face glow, literally. Even my husband commented along with many other random customers that came to my job that I had a lovely complexion. I was estatic: I have numerous very dark blemishes on my cheeks and this highlighted my best parts of my face drawing attention away from the "mess" lol. It looks scary white in the pan but it's very beautiful and you don't need much at all to get an effect.

ELF's Gotta Glow looks similar in the pan and that's where the exact similarities end. It's very chunky and it's glowing effect depends largely on it's glitter particles. You can see in the first picture listed here at the top that after it's been used a while it even looks unevenly chunky in the pan. At first it looks like it could pass for Albatross once you get passed the glitter and then it fades to just glitter on my oily skin. For someone just starting off in makeup or under 21 this might work okay, especially if you're on a tight budget.

For someone like me who's been buying makeup since she was 14, I've come to know what good quality is and this product is just unacceptable in comparison to Albatross. It's not even comparable! If you really want an Albatross dupe, just buy the darn thing and I guarantee it'll be worth it in the long run instead of spending money on cheap dupes that will more than likely not ever come close to what makes Albatross amazing. Coming from someone who thinks Nars Orgasm blush is superbly overrated, this is one product that is unique and probably one of the cheapest with it's other highend counterparts. Don't get me wrong, I'm frugal with my money and always make sure I can return a product before testing it out and Albatross is absolutely worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2011 7:43:00 PM More reviews by fevers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this as a dupe for NARS Albatross, which I still haven't had the chance to try.

I hope this isn't ACTUALLY a dupe for the NARS because while I can believe it's a similar colour, there's no way NARS is as poorly milled as this! I would describe the effect as halfway between sheen and glitter, leaning towards the glittery end. It's not awful... but I wouldn't recommend it to a friend. It's passable in the right lighting/used with the intent of subtle glitter.

I tried highlighting my cupid's bow with this and all I could see was chunks of glitter - NOT the look I was going for.

If you're considering getting a budget highlighter, try Boots own brand ones like 17 or the liquid one by No7 (the latter is amazing). I know ELF gets a lot of raves and I do like their other studio blushes, but I won't be repurchasing this again.