April 24, 2014 | 1925 users online

Lips - Revlon - Just Bitten Lipstain + Balm

rated 2 of 5 on 9/1/2012 3:44:00 AM More reviews by anniebananymizer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Goth is good, my friend bought one for her mom. Seconds after putting the balm on her mom, it broke off. They couldn't put it back. It was never used again.

I had one in Passion, sitting on my desk. It was a gift, I tried and of course I was extra careful with the balm. Passion does not give enough color. It DOES look like I sharpied my lips. The smell is almost non-existent.

I only like the packaging, it looks cute.

The balm should be able to roll down..
Price too expensive (15 USD?)
There needs to be an indicator so I'd know if the sharpie thing was running out of color or not. There are times when I'd shake the tube cause I wasnt sure at all if it was empty or not, or if it dried out.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Lifeofbeingsammy

I recently bought the balm stain in the color darling because it went well with my skin tone and I absolutely love it, I even bought 3 more! It moisturizes your lips and the color lasts a long time. The packaging makes it easy to apply as well, it kind of looks like a giant crayola crayon though! I am definitely going to re- purchase this item when I run out, it is my new favee!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2012 4:35:00 AM More reviews by brittany1988

I recently purchased this lip stain in the color Desire. After several days of use, I can honestly say that I love this product. The color is slightly darker and brighter than my natural lip color so it's good for a little boost of color if you want to stay true to your natural tones. The one negative is that the color does not really match the swatch that is shown in stores. However, I really like the color that this is so that's not really an issue for me. I'll definitely be buying this again in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2012 11:36:00 PM More reviews by lipgloss09junkie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I purchased three of these: fate (dark brown, nude) dawn (sheer red), mystical (nude, purpley/browny/pink earthy undertones). I like mystical best because it's most natural and was the color I was trying to achieve.
These lipstains are pretty decent. Not the best (NCY is better) but there is better color selection here. The stain lasts 2 hours....perhaps more. If you eat with it on it will disappear. Perhaps if you layer it one (put more than 2 layers) it will last longer. I only put one layer on as the colors are fairly pigmented and I want just that natural look.
The balm is a nice touch but I don't care for the balm truth be honest. It's not very moisturizing but it works a bit. You would probably have to reapply the lipbalm every half an hour. Use carmex or another lipbalm with more moisturization and spf in it would be better and last longer. If your lips are parched and dry before you put the stain on it will not look good - probably emphasize your dry spots. So I would suggest putting lipbalm on for half an hour. Wiping it off and apply the stain and putting lipbalm after it again. Drinking water might help.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2012 8:45:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really don't mind these lip stains. I find that for me, they wear better than any other drugstore stain (I've not tried many high-end ones), and DEFINITELY better than the Pixi one I got a couple years back (and I still don't know if that counts as drugstore because it was from Target and cost a small fortune but that's not the point...). I have a few of these so far - my newest acquisition is Twilight, and I really like that color in particular for achieving the sort of Brody Dalle look that Pixiwoo did in one of their tutorial videos. I don't like to put these on "evenly" like a full color lipstick because I sort of like the "I just ate a lollipop" kind of look. Like I've been biting my lip or something. Weird, I know, but the way I see it, if I want a full color look, I'll wear a lipstick and deal with the reapplication.
Clearly all stains have a long way to go before being perfect, but I really don't think these Revlon ones deserve the bad rap they've gotten, as they seem to work fine if you really are going for a sheer, stained look. Besides, the Maybelline and CG ones are just a complete waste of makeup drawer space, so these really are the best ones for the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by acp9489

I really like this product. I bought it in 3 colors: Desire (pink) Dawn (naturalish red blush) and Instinct (a natural looking brown). I like that the colors do endure throughout the day. I line my lips and then fill them in and don't have any issues with them being blotchy. I also like using these colors as a base under the Revlon Lip Butter.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2012 6:38:00 PM More reviews by kellicandi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i bought this in Crave after reading several positive reviews. the color was more towards red than the purple i was expecting, but that isn't why i don't like the product. i don't like the product because it feels like you're coloring your lips with a wet Sharpie marker. it feels wet and weird going on, but it sure does stay on. i tried it on at about 11am and it was still there at bedtime, and hard to even get off. the packaging wasn't to my liking either - the sharpie lipstick at one end and what looked like chapstick on the other end. not again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2012 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Xaephan

I bought this thinking it was the Kissable Balm Stain. I should really read it more carefully next time! Dx

The stain is okay, but the colour it gives you is nowhere near what the tube shows. I bought this in Victorian, which is shown as a nice muted pink on the cardboard thing in the store, but it just turned my lips bright red. I already have pretty pigmented lips, so this really isn't what I wanted. The balm and stain are okay products by themselves, but I could just as easily use a stain and my own balm. Not worth the price, in my opinion.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2012 1:47:00 AM More reviews by xCrystaal

Oh Gosh, I HATE THIS! The color of packaging is not the same as the color that appears on your lips. I just bought flame, and tried it.. it came out to be Red on my lips! I hate it more than the NYC lipstain. Its so drying, and when i first tried to lose the balm, it broke when i just pressed it! Poor quality, I wanna get this off. Waste of my 9$ .

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by ritables

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i have this in two colors: Flame, an orangy red and Beloved, a plum color. i dont have much experience with lip stains, so i dont have anything to base this on. I initially bought the Gothic color, a deep red, but indeed the product goes on much darker than the container eludes. The things i like about this product: the color does stay on longer than lipsticks or colored gloss, so i feel that i do have color on even after eating or drinking something. I often forget to reapply because i forget to look in a mirror because i get so busy sometimes. Cons? the color does seem to go on unevenly if you want a darker application, my bottom lip sometimes looks blobby, but when putting balm this evens out. I love the balm that comes with it, but the Beloved one broke off and i was so sad. Its nice to carry one item, but with this i feel that you need to carry a separate balm, just in case the included one falls off. I use burt bee's radience lip shimmer balm with the white cap. I have tried a more opaque color (guava i think, or champagne) but it was too thick and you couldnt see the lovely lip stain color underneath. I do like the portability, but to me it looks rather cheap. I was embarassed to pull it out in public to use it; my husband says it looks like im using a sharpie.