October 23, 2014 | 925 users online

Pressed Powders - Hard Candy - Welcome Matte Mattifying Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2012 2:48:00 AM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

OMG! This powder has pretty much the cutest packaging ive ever seen! I love it! But anyways ...

The product does exactly what it says it will do.. a mattifying VERY translucent powder. This provides ZERO coverage.. which Im actually a bit disappointed in because It is such a great color for us pale folks but alas.. tis only a mattifying finishing powder! Will work great for a universal powder for all foundations so you dont have to keep buying separate powders for separate foundations which is good! So I will use it for that purpose!

I hope some day hard candy will come out with powder foundations.. that would be amazing! Cant wait!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2012 12:15:00 AM More reviews by SweetCheeksCA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Blue

So far, I absolutely love this product. I used to use MAC Studio Fix fluid and powder (NC35 or NC40, depending on time of year), but lately I've been using my Revlon Colorstay (color varies), Milani Multitasker powder (Light Tan) , with a finishing touch of the Welcome Matte. The 3 products all together are cheaper than the two MAC products, and they last just as long for me. It doesn't feel as heavy or harsh on my skin. The packaging is super sturdy and super cute. I don't know how many times my big butt has sat on this thing and it didn't break. Anyways, I say it's definitely worth a shot, especially with most drugstores' no hassle return policies with cosmetics. ^_^

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by mzemkay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this product! So much good reviews so I had to purchase. It kept my face shine-free for a few hours. Since its in my to-go make up bag, just a little touch up & I'm good to go. The sponge that came with it is cute but I wouldn't use it with this powder, I purchased a small puff from target for $1.09 & comes with two!! & fits perfectly in the case. Would purchase it again & definitely worth a try because its less than $10

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2011 7:12:00 AM More reviews by Dollymaeormaynot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product! Just got it a few days ago since it finally came into stock and I've used it every day since. My regular powder is Mac natural finish (I think that's the name) in dark... Because that's what the sales girl insisted I needed. :( so yeah I hate the Mac powder. It's too dark and it goes oily super fast. I now apply a teensy bit of the Mac and then lightly dust the welcome matte over it. Gives that airbrushy 1950s look I love of flawless soft skin. Even with the tiny bit I use. <3 my new favorite. It's possible that over a foundation and powder that is my shade it may turn my face chalky but over the slightly too tan foundation and the very small amount used it's perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2011 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Gurlinthacurl

I am LOVING this powder! I've actually switched to this from my all time fave Clinique powder. I've gotten more compliments on my skin and complexion since I switched. It lasts all day and doesn't look cakey. It's also super cheap!!! The only thing I hate is that it takes a few swipes with my brush to get enough product on it.
    I will buy this again!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2011 3:40:00 PM More reviews by Luciferr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My new favorite powder! I love love love it. Not to mention, it's totally adorable. It came with a pink heart shaped sponge ( which actually works great ). It lasts forever!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2011 3:35:00 PM More reviews by melangerehab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Even though I generally have really healthy skin, my t-zone has been oilier than I would like in recent years.

It does what you expect it to do - it mattifies the skin with a small amount of product and it isn't obvious. The powder is soft and translucent. The packaging is sleek and cute and the sponge is nice, but the latch broke on me and it kept swinging open so I couldn't carry it on the go with me.

I wouldn't buy it again because I still want to try other mattifying powders... and because I don't want to step foot in another Walmart again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2011 1:53:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

At first I really liked this. It'd keep me matte and not give that powder look to it. As time as gone on though it doesn't keep me as matte. My oil peeks through around, if not a bit before, mid-day. I wish there was a powder that'd keep me matte all day but I think I'm looking for a miracle.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2011 9:09:00 PM More reviews by amsparkles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this powder because my face has been getting a lot more shiny throughout the day (typical T-zone), and I love it! It has become a staple in my everyday makeup routine. I have fairly sensitive skin, so I typically go for higher-end powders and foundations, but Hard Candy products do NOT break me out at all! In fact, I feel that my face has had less breakouts since using this, possibly because it keeps my face from getting so oily. The only con is that it does make my face quite stark white, as other people have said. It doesn't really bother me because I use bronzer on top anyways, and the main areas I focus on are my forehead, nose and chin. But overall, great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2011 3:11:00 AM More reviews by THLuver33

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS POWDER!!!! It is a perfect match for my very pale skin with pink undertones and my skin that is extemely oily, red and acne proned. I have been using this powder since April. I have just recently hit pan on my first compact. It controls my oily skin like no other powder has been able to before. It has not broken me out. It is pigmented so I am not for sure how it will match darker skin tones. This powder paired with Neutrogena Skin Clearing foundation in Classic Ivory 10 is a perfect match for my skin! I highly recommend this product to people who are looking for a matte powder to control their oil. Also to extremely pale people like me! And as well if you are acne proned b/c at least IME this did not break me out! I will absoutley repurchase this powder. I mean for $6.00 (USD) it can not be beat IMO at least! Thank You Hard Candy!!!!! <3

EDIT: I still use this and still agree with everything I said above. But I have changed the foundation I was using with this. I am now using the Almay Clear Complexion Foundation in 140 Buff. The Neutrogena Skin Clearing Foundation in Classic Ivory 10 turned out to be much too yellow and dark for my skin and it broke me out. Also a note on the pink sponge that comes with it, which is so adorable, it is great for touch ups. I like using a powder brush for applying it over my foundation. The mirror is really cute too and I love the whole packaging of the product. I am still in love with this powder and still use it every day! :D

EDIT: I no longer use the Almay or Neutrogena foundation with this. For now since my acne has cleared up (hope I do not jinx myself haha:) I only use this powder and some concealer and my skin looks flawless but still like my skin and not cakey or like makeup. I am still in with this powder! And yes I am still using my first compact of this that I have had since April! :D