October 30, 2014 | 1478 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - LUSH - Colour Supplement

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 9:20:00 PM More reviews by GabbyGee

Okay I admit I don't like the pot. Mostly because of hygiene but also because I don't like getting make up underneath my nail when I reach into the pot (and I keep my nails boy short, I couldn't imagine long nails)
HOWEVER, this is the only foundation I have ever fallen in love with and stuck too. I have oily/combo skin and I am part asian, the Dark Yellow is my perfect color no matter what season, which is amazing! It doesn't cause me to break out like all other brands do and since I have oily skin I never thought that I could get the "dewy" complexion... but this gave me that! Because of it's natural oils it works as a moisturizer as well and decreased the amount of oil that my skin was producing leaving it acne-free (except for once a month during "that time"), hydrated, dewy, refreshed and perfectly blended in!
i used to use my finger tips to apply it but I started putting small dots around my face then buffing it with a fluffy brush. I like this effect better because I don't miss any spots or streaks and if you blend, blend, blend until it starts to feel tacky (this is a tip for any foundation by the way) then it is perfectly buffed and settles neatly into your skin, looking natural and flawless.

I love this product. I am a huge fan of Lush and was weary to purchase make up from them but this one has blown my mind. I couldn't imagine what product I would use if I didn't have this one!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2012 8:19:00 AM More reviews by Gangajee

I love it , and would give it a 5 if it was 90% or more NATURAL - but found some non-freindly chemicals in it and i am a ambassador of all naturals product .

Practical as :
- you can control with which cream you mix with light or rich .
-it is a little tiny pot
-perfect colors
- you can control the texture and amount

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2012 9:46:00 AM More reviews by muaKissAndMakeUp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I recently reviewed this product for my blog, and I have to say that I was very pleasantly surprised! I used this Colour Supplement as a base under my concealer, instead of my usual yellow color-correcting primer. Here's a summary of what I found:

- Texture - Rich and creamy, like a cream foundation. Definitely a treat for dry skin, but also great for oily yet thirsty combination skin like mine that occasionally needs some extra care.

- Coverage - Medium when used alone and sheer when mixed with moisturizer (kind of like a BB cream).

- Ingredients - Natural rose petal infusion (which smells soft and delicate, definitely not overwhelming), soya oil and rice bran oil. I was afraid that the oils would turn my combination skin into an oil slick, but they didn't. On the contrary, I ended up with beautiful naturally glowing (not oily) skin and it got rid off the few dry patches and flakes I had.

- Color - I used light yellow, which was a tad too light for my skin. Dark yellow would have been better. Also, I found the color more beige than yellow. I wanted a very yellow-based product to even out the redness in my face, so at first I was a bit worried about how light and not quite yellow enough this product looked. But in the end it managed to camouflage my redness, and that's what I wanted.

- Conclusion - I will definitely use this again as a color-correcting base under my foundation.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2012 8:53:00 AM More reviews by selenajade

So, my mom bought this a couple weeks ago for days when she actually decides to wear some makeup, and she offered for me to try it. So since I was just about done with foundation and was on the lookout for a tinted mouisturizer for school I decided to put it on this morning. one word: UGH>:( lets just get into the pros and cons..

PROS: travel size jar
"green" product
reasonable price, around 16 dollars
for a TM has a tiny bit more coverae than average, if you can actually lend it

CONS;
theres so little amount in that tiny jar
it smells terrible (that doesnt bug me personally though)
IT DOES NOT BLEND AT ALL, so at first i tried with my fingers since its supposed to be something like a TM. didnt work. then i tried my flat top brush. nope. foundation brush? definely not. Sponge?!! worked out better than the brushes or fingers but STILL WAS THE HARDEST THING TO BLEND OUT, I had streak marks everywherrrrreeeee.:(
it dries out in like .7 seconds after you put it on your face which does not help to blend either...
my face felt disusting after putting this on ewwwwwwww

I can't comment on the lasting power because after trying to put concealer on my dark circles i washed it RIGHT OFF

Anddd speaking off that- when I put or tried to put my concealer on it caked right up !! It was terrible!!
the finish is definetly MATTE and CAKEY ew just no.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by robyn824

Although I'm not thrilled with the price, this is the foundation I have found myself going back to again and again. I have really sensitive skin, so almost all foundations with lots of synthetic ingredients irritate my skin and cause me to break out. This, like all Lush products is all natural and my skin loves it! It goes on so smoothly and it evens out my skin tone, and I can use it as a concealer as well or a tinted moisturizer. It seems to fade a little bit throughout the day, but that might be my own fault for skipping a primer most days! I always buy light yellow, and it seems to blend with my skin tone perfectly year round whether I am a little tan in the summer or pale in the winter. Definitely give this a try!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2012 10:38:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I L.O.V.E this foundation! I love it. It's almost perfect. I can use it even in the hot summer. It gives light coverage that looks like I am not using anything. In the summer because I am so oily I don't use moisturizer and it is fine without moisturizer, in the winter I do use a light moisturizer. I just dab it on with fingers and it works fine like this. I mostly want a foundation or tinted moisturizer to make me look less red and cover the ucky melasma from having babies, and this foundation does it wonderfully, but still looks like I am not wearing anything and like it is just natural skin. It has a dewy, glowy finish that is NOT in the least bit shiny or oily looking. I also love that it is supposed to be good for your skin, since it is mostly natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2012 9:11:00 PM More reviews by kpineda

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Hmmmmm! After trying so many things jojoba, 100% Pure foundation, estee Lauder renutriv, suki everything, 100% Pure everything, just shea, aveeno clear complexion foam, aveeno daily moisturizer, neutrogena oil free, covergirl natureluxe, makeup forever, lancome cleanser, dream mousse, dessert essence moisturizer, Laura mercier tinted moisturizer, loreal, dove, bodywashes, clean and clear dual action moisturizer and many others! Nothing did what it was supposed to! I finally found it! I wash with dove soap and (after finding 100% Pure foundation oddly drying and oily) mixed my own lush Jackie Oates (a perfect product that mends every skin ailment from dryness to redness to pimples and wrinkles and fast - but way too light and not very absorbent - with100% Pures tinted moisture toffee (way to dark for me) but blended with the light Jackie Oates....Super Pretty and Perfect. No more great now but #!$&*!@?? some hours later or in the morning. Lol
now but sure not then! I still think 3 products are too much but this is working nicely now - I had almost given up! Hmmmmm! Ps/ a dab of 100% Purest glossy locks conditioner makes a super cool leave in after
hair is dry - as a pick me up towards evening or in the morning if hair
is a little dry after styling - it hydrates but doesn't make greasy and added bonus no hair in my brush after a week of use! I also have to
add that the 3 products above absolutely have balanced my skins mechanics I love to apply products and the Jackie Oates 100% pure tinted moisturizer blend works I can add my foundation 3 or four times
a day without any damages to skin absorption....Hmmmmm!Lol

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2012 7:53:00 AM More reviews by Bubica70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have to admit that I was more than a little skeptical about the idea of buying an actual makeup product from Lush, but I have been pleasantly surprised by this product. That being said, it was tricky getting started. Being a TM kind of lady, I valiantly tried mixing (as per the SA's instructions) the supplement with all manner of creams--my thicker, l'Oreal cream, my runny Soley one, my even runnier sunscreen. Either I ended up with pilling, or with a fuzzy, dusty, clumpy mask. I came very close to throwing the lot into the bin, but then I tried the following: I cleansed, toned, and slapped on a rich moisturizer (I'm using l'Oreal Age Perfect). Then I waited 2 minutes. I dotted the CS over my face sparingly and then buffed it out with a foundation brush. Exquisite and seamless light coverage, pretty near undetectable, but quite glowy. The same technique can be used under the eyes, but be sure to apply an eye cream first. All in all, this product has exceeded my expectations. Ah, about the jar...good for voyaging, but a bit unhygienic, unless one uses cotton swabs or a spoon. How about a tube, Lush? That or a pump.
EDIT: Too chalky, too pale, too much mixing/buffing technique required. And drying, too. Nope. Sorry, Lush.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2012 4:55:00 PM More reviews by goldrauschengel

This shows up on the dry parts of my face, it does neither work as a foundation nor concealer for me. Plus the glass jar is not the most hygienic packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2012 4:15:00 AM More reviews by bluediva

Love this stuff! I'm a cool-toned PPP who can't find a match in most foundations (aka pasty in summer, approaching undead in winter). It has a lovely texture, ideal for dotting on with clean fingertips and gently blending in. But unlike a tinted moisturizer, the coverage is buildable and can become quite opaque. Finish is low-shine but a bit dewy, end result is very natural, but with good coverage where needed. When applied lightly, it's also a great primer/base for eye makeup. I love that it feels breathable and not caked-on. The oatmeal and honey seem to calm down my redness-prone T-zone. For a more matte look, I finish with a dusting of loose mineral powder (from Buff'd Cosmetics) and the end result holds up for hours on a warm day. Win!