August 27, 2014 | 1798 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - LUSH - Colour Supplement

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2012 10:38:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I L.O.V.E this foundation! I love it. It's almost perfect. I can use it even in the hot summer. It gives light coverage that looks like I am not using anything. In the summer because I am so oily I don't use moisturizer and it is fine without moisturizer, in the winter I do use a light moisturizer. I just dab it on with fingers and it works fine like this. I mostly want a foundation or tinted moisturizer to make me look less red and cover the ucky melasma from having babies, and this foundation does it wonderfully, but still looks like I am not wearing anything and like it is just natural skin. It has a dewy, glowy finish that is NOT in the least bit shiny or oily looking. I also love that it is supposed to be good for your skin, since it is mostly natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2012 9:11:00 PM More reviews by kpineda

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Hmmmmm! After trying so many things jojoba, 100% Pure foundation, estee Lauder renutriv, suki everything, 100% Pure everything, just shea, aveeno clear complexion foam, aveeno daily moisturizer, neutrogena oil free, covergirl natureluxe, makeup forever, lancome cleanser, dream mousse, dessert essence moisturizer, Laura mercier tinted moisturizer, loreal, dove, bodywashes, clean and clear dual action moisturizer and many others! Nothing did what it was supposed to! I finally found it! I wash with dove soap and (after finding 100% Pure foundation oddly drying and oily) mixed my own lush Jackie Oates (a perfect product that mends every skin ailment from dryness to redness to pimples and wrinkles and fast - but way too light and not very absorbent - with100% Pures tinted moisture toffee (way to dark for me) but blended with the light Jackie Oates....Super Pretty and Perfect. No more great now but #!$&*!@?? some hours later or in the morning. Lol
now but sure not then! I still think 3 products are too much but this is working nicely now - I had almost given up! Hmmmmm! Ps/ a dab of 100% Purest glossy locks conditioner makes a super cool leave in after
hair is dry - as a pick me up towards evening or in the morning if hair
is a little dry after styling - it hydrates but doesn't make greasy and added bonus no hair in my brush after a week of use! I also have to
add that the 3 products above absolutely have balanced my skins mechanics I love to apply products and the Jackie Oates 100% pure tinted moisturizer blend works I can add my foundation 3 or four times
a day without any damages to skin absorption....Hmmmmm!Lol

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2012 7:53:00 AM More reviews by Bubica70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have to admit that I was more than a little skeptical about the idea of buying an actual makeup product from Lush, but I have been pleasantly surprised by this product. That being said, it was tricky getting started. Being a TM kind of lady, I valiantly tried mixing (as per the SA's instructions) the supplement with all manner of creams--my thicker, l'Oreal cream, my runny Soley one, my even runnier sunscreen. Either I ended up with pilling, or with a fuzzy, dusty, clumpy mask. I came very close to throwing the lot into the bin, but then I tried the following: I cleansed, toned, and slapped on a rich moisturizer (I'm using l'Oreal Age Perfect). Then I waited 2 minutes. I dotted the CS over my face sparingly and then buffed it out with a foundation brush. Exquisite and seamless light coverage, pretty near undetectable, but quite glowy. The same technique can be used under the eyes, but be sure to apply an eye cream first. All in all, this product has exceeded my expectations. Ah, about the jar...good for voyaging, but a bit unhygienic, unless one uses cotton swabs or a spoon. How about a tube, Lush? That or a pump.
EDIT: Too chalky, too pale, too much mixing/buffing technique required. And drying, too. Nope. Sorry, Lush.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2012 4:55:00 PM More reviews by goldrauschengel

This shows up on the dry parts of my face, it does neither work as a foundation nor concealer for me. Plus the glass jar is not the most hygienic packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2012 4:15:00 AM More reviews by bluediva

Love this stuff! I'm a cool-toned PPP who can't find a match in most foundations (aka pasty in summer, approaching undead in winter). It has a lovely texture, ideal for dotting on with clean fingertips and gently blending in. But unlike a tinted moisturizer, the coverage is buildable and can become quite opaque. Finish is low-shine but a bit dewy, end result is very natural, but with good coverage where needed. When applied lightly, it's also a great primer/base for eye makeup. I love that it feels breathable and not caked-on. The oatmeal and honey seem to calm down my redness-prone T-zone. For a more matte look, I finish with a dusting of loose mineral powder (from Buff'd Cosmetics) and the end result holds up for hours on a warm day. Win!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2012 8:31:00 PM More reviews by DuchessofGrapes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've only been using this foundation for a little while but I am absolutely in LOVE with it. I was looking for a foundation that was not tested on animals, not sold in China (again, for the animal testing purposes), natural, good quality, matches my skintone (a huge problem as a super pale natural redhead), and didn't cause any irritation on my very sensitive skin. That's a large order to fill, but I think I've found it! LUSH is a company with a lot of integrity, so I feel comfortable using their products, but I was reluctant since the fragrances in their products have caused irritation in the past. I had no trouble with this foundation. My husband said that I smelled like a horse (like hay not manure), and that it was a sweet smell that he actually kind of liked. I didn't feel to strongly one way or the other on it, but I can see how people might have some issues with it. Luckily that was not me because Jackie Oates is a great color for me. I'm hard to match since I'm very pale but I'm blue undertoned instead of pink. This had a very golden base to it that covered up the redness on my chin (the only place I have a lot of redness) but blended with my skin and neck flawlessly. It stood up to the Hawaii weather very well (about 10 hours which is a LONG time here) and looked totally natural. Foundations tend to separate on me, this did not. It gave me a very glowy look, but I didn't look shiny. I haven't have any dry patches since I've been using it (even though I'm dryer skinned), so I'm still waiting to see if it highlights those, since that was a complaint. But even if it does, it'll just encourage me to make sure that I don't slack off on my skincare routine. The price is definitely an added bonus, despite the fact that with all the issues with foundations I'd be willing to pay a lot more. The issue with the expiration date is not a concern to me since I'm used to using products with expirations. It's a whole year, and I'm sure I can use it up in that time even though I only use a small amount. I'm so thrilled that LUSH decided to branch into the makeup arena. I can't wait to try a few more products. A great foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 6:07:00 PM More reviews by JennyBean13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in Jackie Oates, it's such a light shade that's perfect for my very pale skin.
This is a brilliant daily multi - purpose product. You can apply it with your fingers for a light coverage, apply with a foundation brush for a little heavier coverage, or use as a concealer. The jar may look small but it lasts quite a while as you really don't need to use much daily. I got mine in may and I'm only about a quarter through.
I find that I can almost always go without moisturiser underneath, but if you have dry skin you will need to moisturise. Primer is up to you, I usually only use it if I'm applying the supplement with a foundation brush.

Pros:
1. Multi - purpose.
2. Buildable coverage
3. Affordable
4. Good for your skin
5. Fresh feel.
6. Cruelty free (a nice plus)

Cons:
1. Needs to be used within about 12 months (natural ingredients)
2. Smells a bit weird.
3. Best for combination skin (oily skin will look too shiny, dry patches may be highlighted after a while)
4. Light coverage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2012 8:30:00 AM More reviews by moorkitty

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My daughter introduced me to this product. She purchase Jackie Oats as she is pale porcelain, but the light yellow works for me. I am cool-toned with a hint of pink and this shade alleviates the redness. It is well-pigmented so I just use a touch combined with either moisturizer or my Elta 45 physical sunblock (also tinted). My DD finds the oats in Jackie O calming to her skin. I love the fact that this is packaged in glass and the size is perfect for travelling. In fact, I keep the little jars and reuse them as travel jars for my other products. After foraying into Chanel and LaMer foundations, I am overjoyed to find this calibre at this pricepoint. Satisfied!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Aguerra92

Over all i Like this Foundation, the Only Problem that Ihave whit it is that i havent found the right moisturizer to mix it whit. Color wise there are Only 5 selections, they are formulated to Match your skin tone which it does, But mixed whit my moisturizer it just clogges my pores and has made me break out. Still not Giving up on it still trying to look for the Right Moisturizer to mix it whit.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2012 1:53:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

(I have this in Jackie Oates, the lightest shade available).
This is a really good creamy concealer/tinted moisturizer for sensitive skin. I pretty much just use it on my cheeks where it is dry and has a lot of redness. This is sheer but it is layerable to get more coverage. It covers redness pretty well if you use about 2 layers. Once you start adding more than that it can look a bit cakey. The jar is 'cute' but not really sanitary.. either way I just use a clean brush to dip into it each time I use it. This probably wouldn't work well for people with oily skin.. I tried it on my chin once and it kind of just melted off.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No