LUSH Colour Supplement

3.8

Fresh Rose Petal Infusion (rosa damascena), Soya Oil (glycine soja), Titanium Dioxide, Rice Bran Oil (Oryza sativa), Stearic Acid, Talc, Gylcerine, Triethanolamine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Colour 77491, Colour 77499, Colour 77492, Methylparaben, Propylparben.

on 3/9/2013 3:20:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had revlon color stay which was cakey and so thick it was hard to put on and blend. I went into Lush and inquired about their foundations. I was little reluctant since it was in such a tiny jar. But a little goes a long way. Color supplement, for me, was a good match for my skin tone. I got the light pink and it's perfect. It's lightweight, not cakey, easy to blend... And you can mix it w/ your favorite moisturizer to make it a tinted moisturizer and to make it even lighter.

It doesn't seem like a lot, but don't let the small packaging fool you. a little goes a long way. I put it on w/ a foundation brush and then use a sponge to smooth over any whispy lines that might be showing. I have honestly never been so ecstatic over a foundation in my entire life!

on 3/8/2013 10:10:00 AM

I wanted to love this tinted moisturizer, I really did. I'm very fair skinned and wanted to find something which could be my day to day base to get me over caking on other foundations which don't allow my skin to breathe.

I'm aware this is a tinted moisturizer, so coverage shouldn't be exceptional but to me this simply melts away into the skin, it just blends in to some kind of nothingness and if I'm completely honest when I used this on my naked skin with some of my favourite Body Shop moisturizer it did not make me feel any different than I felt without any make up at all. I eventually felt I had to find another means of using this (£8.50 is a lot to waste on 20g of makeup), so I blended it into a Max Factor panstick foundation I had previously found too drying, it gave nice coverage and a lovely pale glow - I used both like this for every day wear for a while and can't complain, but really neither of the items I were using were good in their own right, I had to mix them up to find a nice balance.

My one positive here is that it smells delicious like most LUSH products, with a damask rose infusion. The colour is beautiful with yellowy pale tones, its a whipped sort of texture and the packaging is very cute. I wouldn't buy this again though, maybe for £5 it would be worth it for sunny lazy days when you want little makeup, but for the price it's just of little use really.

Sorry LUSH!

on 2/9/2013 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Yikes, even the lightest shade of this foundation was too dark for my skin. It also doesn't have that great of coverage if you mix it in with moisturiser (as I have to do if I want to look even slightly natural). Won't be repurchasing.

on 2/1/2013 10:33:00 PM

I don't want to jinx it and speak too soon but I have been using this for two days and absolutely love it.
I use the shade Jackie Oates (i'm MUFE HD 117, about NW10-15) and the shade matches me perfectly. I apply it with a flat top foundation brush to the center of my face and blend outwards.
Covers my active breakouts and my scars as well as corrects redness.
The packaging sucks but it's worth it, and it's not that much more than a drugstore foundation and is fairly natural so it's definitely worth it!

on 1/14/2013 2:47:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I've started to use this instead of foundation, because using lush's products have made my skin clear up and the redness/pimples that remain are IMMEDIATELY covered by this amazing product when I use the tiniest amount. It blends really well and because you only need a tiny bit it lasts for ages and works out being really cheap. It doesn't irritate my skin at all and I feel safe wearing it daily!

on 1/10/2013 5:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I use it as a concealer rather than a tinted moisturiser and it does a really good job.

Pros:
-It surprisingly has amazing coverage - It covers redness, any blemishes and pimples with just the tiniest bit of the product. One con in terms of coverage is that it looks terrible when used over dark under eye circles.
-A little goes a long way -I've used the pot for spots here and there on the face and for redness around the nose for more than a year and it's not even half finished (past its used by date too!)
-Matches the skin tone well - It might just be me but it sort of adjusted to my skin tone.
-Quite cheap - For its many pros, it is well worth the price

Cons:

-Staying power - It doesn't last for the whole day but around half a day.
-Packaging - It comes in a pot and the product is a bit watery so it was hard to get the right amount that I wanted. I just prefer bottle pumps as it is easier to control and more hygenic but I've already been sold by it's benefits.
-For me, I couldn't use it as a tinted moisturiser, it just wouldn't absorb into my skin and therefore left strange yellow streaks on the smooth parts of the face and emphasised my dark under eye circles

on 12/25/2012 12:33:00 PM

Not bad, but nothing amazing either.

If this product were a bit cheaper I would've bumped up its ratings by quite a fair bit because I cannot justify paying SGD$30(15 pounds) for such a small pot of product, although I did manage to get it in a Lush sale for 1-1.

It has decent coverage, good for evening out skin tone, but will not cover your post acne scars if you have any. Good if you already have decent skin with mild blemishes, not so great if you want some serious heavy duty pigmentation.

Feels nice on my skin though, seems to last about 12 hours on me when powdered. Smells too organic in the pot but disappears when on contact with skin.

Will repurchase, but will not run out of the house like a maniac when I hit the bottom of the jar.

on 12/5/2012 6:15:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have FINALLY figured out how this works best for me. I really think it varies from person to person. I take a bit of Lush Vanishing Cream moisturizer, and slightly MORE of the Dark Yellow Color Supplement, and blend them really well together with my fingers, then put it on like I was just putting moisturizer on. (Yes I have thoroughly washed my hands before I do this!) Before, I was putting it on like foundation and it wouldn't sink in properly - I'd be shiny by noon. Now it works perfectly and I'm moisturized, dewy but not shiny. This is the greatest. Your real skin can actually breathe and be seen without a mask-like layer of makeup, which is how I was wearing foundation before. I still wear concealer for under-eye circles and the occasional spot, though. I'm not CRAZY about the packaging, but I'm using a little plastic scoop to get the product I need out. Overall, I'm really happy with this.

on 11/13/2012 9:20:00 PM

Okay I admit I don't like the pot. Mostly because of hygiene but also because I don't like getting make up underneath my nail when I reach into the pot (and I keep my nails boy short, I couldn't imagine long nails)
HOWEVER, this is the only foundation I have ever fallen in love with and stuck too. I have oily/combo skin and I am part asian, the Dark Yellow is my perfect color no matter what season, which is amazing! It doesn't cause me to break out like all other brands do and since I have oily skin I never thought that I could get the "dewy" complexion... but this gave me that! Because of it's natural oils it works as a moisturizer as well and decreased the amount of oil that my skin was producing leaving it acne-free (except for once a month during "that time"), hydrated, dewy, refreshed and perfectly blended in!
i used to use my finger tips to apply it but I started putting small dots around my face then buffing it with a fluffy brush. I like this effect better because I don't miss any spots or streaks and if you blend, blend, blend until it starts to feel tacky (this is a tip for any foundation by the way) then it is perfectly buffed and settles neatly into your skin, looking natural and flawless.

I love this product. I am a huge fan of Lush and was weary to purchase make up from them but this one has blown my mind. I couldn't imagine what product I would use if I didn't have this one!

on 11/9/2012 8:19:00 AM

I love it , and would give it a 5 if it was 90% or more NATURAL - but found some non-freindly chemicals in it and i am a ambassador of all naturals product .

Practical as :
- you can control with which cream you mix with light or rich .
-it is a little tiny pot
-perfect colors
- you can control the texture and amount

Video Reviews & Tutorials

review : Colour Supplement foundation in dark yellow by LUSH by LifeThoughtsCamera

Top Rated LUSH Products