April 20, 2014 | 1982 users online

Eyeliner - Stila - Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner Stingray

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2011 2:27:00 AM More reviews by diorcouture

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been looking for 28 years now for an eyeliner that doesn't move. I always end up with huge black creases underneath my eyes and on my eyelids because no Liner has ever stayed like it was supposed to for me.......until I found the Stila Waterproof smudge Stick Line. It is simply amazing and has been my only find on a liner that will look goreous all day long on me. Must try!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 9:28:00 PM More reviews by tiamoe1

this eyeliner is absolutely *sickening* [[slang for great, fantastic]] lol:)) I literally use this eyeliner EVERYDAY!! goes on smooth the color pay off is toO die fOr&i will continue tO use this eyeliner fOr as lOng as they make it:))

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2011 5:23:00 PM More reviews by shyred05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I never used to believe in buying expensive eyeliners... I thought all were the same when it comes to irritating -er, lining your lower lids.. UNITIL i came across this sick product in Sephora!

I just tried it out of a whim, I was surprised on how dark dark black it was and how effortless I was able to get it in my inner rims WITHOUT irritating my usually sensitive eyes. It looked great! On the other hand, the price was 20 bucks plus tax so I told myself to go shopping around the mall first and then after a couple of hours it stays put, I would buy it. After buying some shoes and blouses in Macys &even sweating a bit, I was surprised it stayed put. Even without putting any primer!! This is way better than UD's over-rated eyeliners in my opinion. Try it out if you have money to spare!! You wont regret it. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2011 2:03:00 PM More reviews by scarlettOH

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is one of the BLACKEST eyeliners I've ever used. And it looks nice and intense on the waterline. And for that alone, I will repurchase. However, this pencil is sooooo overpriced!! And the staying power isn't the best, but it improves if you set this with black eyeshadow. But overall I do love this pencil!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2011 10:57:00 PM More reviews by normaestrada19

For the price I think you get waaay tooo little product and the fact that once you twist it up you cannot retract is, well ya know........It stayed okay on my waterline, I specifically bought it for that purpose, but my thing is some DS eyeliners I have stay okay on my waterline for much cheaper. I am starting to realize I don't like, let alone love, eyeliners you cannot sharpen. To me they loose there sharpness too quickly and can only be worked with if you are going for the smudgy look. Back it went to Sephora.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by shaleen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm fascinated how most of the ratings are either 1 or 5, depending on if it irritates your eyes. I guess the smartest thing to do is try it before you buy to make sure it doesn't irritate you!
Personally it doesn't irritate me at all, and it's the most beautiful intense black-of-all-blacks color, looks great anywhere on the eye, especially for a cat eye or for the inner rim. I've tried all the black eyeliners imaginable and this is definitely the deepest black color!
Just two complaints: (1) I wish it comes in a pencil I could sharpen so I'd have a finer tip (2) It's too small! It usually takes me months to finish an eyeliner but this one was gone within a few weeks. Maybe that just means I loved it too much.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2011 10:18:00 PM More reviews by egg802

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been on a look out for an eyeliner that I can use in the waterline that would not smear on me since I hate the raccoon look. The lady at Sephora suggested I try this product. I am so happy I bought it! It really is waterproof! No raccoon eyes! I wear contacts and I dont seem to have a problem wearing this on my waterline. I try to get it as close to my lashes from the inside though. Its such an intense black and it really makes my eyes pop. This is definitely a staple in my make up bag. I will definitely buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2010 10:51:00 PM More reviews by starrlite77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am so disappointed. Well let me first say that this liner is the best waterproof i used. It last 13 hours for me. No raccoon eyes. It did not smear. I was impressed.....but I noticed throughout the day my eyes just kept watering horribly. No burning but my eyes was tearing left and right. So I wore the liner 3 more times to make sure I wasn't imaging things. Each day I wore it same results. Its something in this liner that has caused my poor eyes to water. I'm so upset, but I will not be buying again(sniff).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2010 12:07:00 PM More reviews by sumansaran

This Stingray shade convinced me that black is the way to go on my lower waterline. For years, I used dark brown/blue or occasionally, the MUFE in 0L (black) on my lower waterline. But the MUFE pencil really doesn't work well for that purpose. In my mad search for a waterline-friendly formula, I stumbled upon this and am now wondering why I don't hear more about it on the beauty blogs. This pencil is a true, almost inky black, is well-pigmented, long-wearing, and applies easily on the waterline. When it does eventually fade, there is no smudging or raccoon-eyes, nor does it gather into my lashline. I find this to be a very reliable black pencil for both everyday wear and heavier makeup looks. My only issue - at $20, Stila could have given this automatic pencil some company with either a sharpener (even drugstore automatic pencils have this), or a smudger. The small amount of product amount also makes you wonder where your $20 is going. That said, it's not much more expensive than other popular pencils from Urban Decay and MUFE, but is still cheaper than Estee Lauder and the like. If you're looking for a waterline pencil, I prefer this over Tarte's EmphasEyes Inner Rim pencil, which is a little too skinny to use. Even for my practiced, inner-rim lining hand, I find it easy to sort of poke myself with it. It is also nowhere near as pigmented as the Stila pencil. I've never tried the Smudge pots, but am really pleased with this pencil version. The other shades didn't work for me, but Stingray is well-worth a repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/26/2010 1:35:00 AM More reviews by danikcali

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so excited about trying this. I loved the application and intensity when I first put it on. I used the regular black one and also bought the purple. I used it on my upper lid as well as my waterline. I was thinking I had finally found the best waterproof eyeliner! My eyes became so irritated and watery...I do have watery eyes...but this was worse...it almost hurt. I wear contacts and from the watery eyes, the liner stuck to my contacts. I was at work and had to remove my left contact because I couldn't even see out of it. After getting home and trying to clean the contact that was left...I found that it wouldn't come off! They were a brand new pair of contacts too. I was able to wear them one day and they were ruined. I am returning both of the eyeliners tomorrow and I can't wait. I will not be buying this eyeliner again.