September 1, 2014 | 1713 users online

Hair Treatments - Burt's Bees - avocado hair treatment

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2008 10:29:00 PM More reviews by kellymncole

I was terribly disappointed with this considering I love most Burt's Bees products. I found it sticky and it didnt completely wash out of my hair, which made it... I wouldnt say greasy, but kind of piecey-looking at the end of the day (and that was not the look I was going for). I also gave it a 3 for packaging because I like my shower stuff to come in pump bottles- much easier in the shower. But No, I wont buy this again just because my hair is not THAT dry. I'm not sure anyone's hair could possibly be that dry...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2008 2:28:00 PM More reviews by micdeajones

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have thick, naturally curly hair. Depending on the weather and humidity my curls can become "bush arms". I love using this as a pre-shampoo conditioning treatment. It keeps my hair smooth, strong, frizz and split end free. Sometimes I mix it with an egg and organic mayo and put it on as an overnight conditioning treatment before coloring. It helps maintain the strength and health of my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2008 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Ferret1111

I think the reason for negative reviews of this product is due to different hair types. My hair is dry-normal but more on the dry side (and I color it). Its not damaged but it does need additional care other than deep conditioning treatments and this treatment is perfect. It leaves my hair softer and more moisturized. I also like the smell, its a pleasant citrus/avocado smell that is not overbearing and very natural. I have repurchased this a few time.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2008 4:41:00 AM More reviews by tink3959

The smell was amazing. The ingredients are natural or naturally derived. Hair felt soft afterwards. A good styling aid. There are better values out there for same or better results but was a net positive experience.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/1/2008 1:35:00 PM More reviews by kelaine423

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This added some moisture to my hair, but only as much as my usual conditioner. I really hated the smell too.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2008 10:13:00 PM More reviews by lmblazer

I was really excited to try this product, as I love Burt's Bees products in general...unfortunately i didn't like this. It did nothing for my hair and I found the texture to be weird. I didn't like the citrusy smell either...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2008 4:49:00 PM More reviews by ragingpunk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just got this stuff from work (i work in a health food store) and I am trying it for the first time. I worked it through from the ends-up into dry hair. So far I can say this: it is very very thick and gooey and green.You have to warm it up between your palms first. The smell is pretty strong citrusy- my bf said it made him want an orange lol. I combed it through with a wide toothes comb and shed a ton of hairs in the process, this stuff is tough to work with and there is no way I can go out in public like this because my hair is slick with greasy-ness. My hands feel super moisturized from working with it. So far is has been in my hair for about 15 minutes.. I'm going to hold off for a little bit longer before washing it out..and I will have to see how this compares up to my usual coconut oil pre-wash treatment (will update soon)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2008 3:02:00 AM More reviews by kamo12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

this product does wonders for my hair as a styling cream. i have wavy/curly hair (2 or 3a), which is actually very fine but it has a ridiculous amount of volume. i need some heavy-duty stuff to make it de-poof. also as those with curly or wavy hair know, you want to keep the individual curls intact and defined. there's nothing worse than combed-through, broken up curls... frizz city!

i use about a pea (bean?) sized amount on semi-damp hair, making sure to rub it together in my hands well first. it takes some practice to not get too much, and your hair has to be wet enough to let the product slide through evenly. from there i just leave it alone and let it air dry, and i'm left with soft, defined hair with enough weight to keep it away the "poof."

i love the smell, and the packaging is fine. i just wish it had a slightly creamier base (as opposed to oily) so it wasn't as easy to use to much and cause greasiness. btw, i've only used this a few times as a leave in treatment, and don't really remember how i liked it, so i won't comment on that.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2008 4:31:00 PM More reviews by GTgirl

This didnt do anything for my hair. Maybe i should have experimenting by adding EVOO or trying it with a heat cap but, it didnt condition well without any of that. I wont be purchasing again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2008 12:43:00 AM More reviews by hellokittyfan1974

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have natually very curly hair. This worked wonders for it. I have in the past used this as a hair treatment but nowadays I just use it as leave-in conditioner & grooming product. It tames my frizzies and dead-ends & gave my hair some shine. If you have very dry, curly, unruly hair this would be ideal for you.