September 21, 2014 | 2140 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Green Tea Scrub

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2013 8:50:00 AM More reviews by tashidelek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Pretty good scrub that exfoliates well and doesn't dry out skin as bad as other types. However, I have very sensitive that tends to flush really easily, so it tends to make these conditions worse. This scrub is better suited for those with thick skin. I feel that the granules are fairly sharp and sometimes tear the skin. I will continue to look for a scrub that delivers similar acne-fighting blemishes without harsh exfoliants.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2013 10:32:00 AM More reviews by KatWKSF

My skin really responds well to manual exfoliation. I was excited to try this product based upon the good reviews. I've found that my acne-prone skin stays in-check better when I manually exfoliate regularly (multiple times a week) to assist it in cell turnover. My Wal-Mart had practically every St. Ives scrub except this one, and then I remembered reviewers on here talking about the travel size of this product being available. Ironically, they had the travel/sample size but not the full size. I'm really glad I did not spend the money on the full-size product. Neither the chemical compounds in it nor the exfoliating grains are strong enough for my liking. It wasn't a "bad" scrub, it just wasn't impressive. My skin did not feel particularly clean, and the scrubbing grains were extremely fine and not overly pleantiful IMO. (Yes, I understand that smaller grains are supposed to be better, but I prefer some of the natural products and homemade products with larger grains. Just my preference.) I will add that my acne has been (knock on wood) extremely under control with the Phisoderm acne gel cleanser, but after trying this for a few days, I woke up with a few whiteheads in the areas around my nose and on my chin. It very well could be coincidence, but I'm going back to my regular cleanser and scrubs.
*UPDATE*: I decided to give this a second try. I bought another trial tube, and then yesterday, finally a full tube at Target. I'm not going to change my rating, because I do firmly believe that if you have truely problematic acne, that this is not for you, despite the fact it claims to be. My acne, fortunately, seems largely in "remission," so this product is currently perfect for me. It has just enough anti-acne ingredients to keep things in check without burning up the healthy skin. It has a gentle scrubbing texture and a very nice scent, better than most fragrances in acne products (some which downright stink). I don't think there's a single ounce of truth or value in the green tea anti-redness claim, but whatever. Right now I am enjoying this cleanser while I can. If I have to go back to something stronger later, then I will.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by coviedo

I was so obsessed with the St. Ives Apricot scrub blemish control wash but it was so harsh on my skin that i needed to look for one less rough and I came across St. Ives Green tea scrub and it is less rough and more gentle on the skin and treats your acne as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2013 8:06:00 AM More reviews by RaenaMarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is fabulous. Definitely one of the best facial scrubs I've even used from the drugstore. I picked mine up at Target for $4.99. Green tea is great for your skin so even if you aren't acne prone this product will work for you. It smells like Beautiful Day from Bath & Body Works; clean, fresh, and slightly fruity. The exfoliants in this scrub are very fine so they won't irritate by over exfoliating. I'm not too much of a fan of St Ives' apricot scrub but I truly do like this one. I love how soft and clean my face feels afterwards. Definitely found a favorite face scrub!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 6:51:00 AM More reviews by Ellie12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well I have acne prone skin /oily and I would say this scrub took care of it ! Surprisingly this stuff works ! I absolutely love it! Definitely took away the redness, it's so weird because now that I realize it this scrub is what helped me clear up MY face, and I purchased the travel size but didn't seem it worked this wonderful but it did! I loved it ! For sure recommend for oily/acne prone skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by megsti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am in love with this scrub. I have oily skin and I exfoliate at least every other night and sometimes every night before I go to bed. This scrub does the trick without being too abrasive. Did I say it smells good? Oh my lord it smells good. The exfoliants are fine and I really feel like it polishes my skin. And the price?!?!! WOW. I like this better than my expensive Purology exfoliater. You won't regret this purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 9:28:00 PM More reviews by ssnowkelly

love tjhis stuff, so disabppinted that can't find in any stores around me anymore,used to be able to find it anywheres , cheap. need to order from internet now and pay shipping, bummer, have stocked up have 4 tubes, plus daughter uses so buy for her. Is it being discontinued? like better than apricot scrub much gentler, why do these companies always discontinue products people seem to like., frustrating

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by Mackleman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a great product. The smell is nice and lasts for quite a while. I use this as an exfoliater once or twice a week and it leaves my skin clean and clear. However, I dont recommend this as an every day product. There was a stage when I would use it every day because I ran out of cleanser, and it broke me out quite badly. It is also not good to use if you have existing break outs. If I use it once a week it leaves my skin soft, radiant and gets rid of any dry patches quite gently.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by ichigocutie

I have oily/combo skin and large pores and because of that I'm in constant battle with clogged pores and I use this scrub every other night. I love the smell and I think it's gentle enough to use daily only if you have oily skin for dry skin I suggest 2-3 times a week. I prefer this scrub than the apricot scrub. Will repurchase this scrub as soon as mine run out. I bought mine at target.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by bldsgrsxmgk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Disclaimer: I have not used this scrub for long (12 night applications) and I have not encountered any blemishes since I bought it so I can't say how effective this is for acne treatment. However, I am impressed so far. I imagine that at 1% sal.acid it should make a difference on skin which is sal.acid receptive, and paired with a moderately active and healthy eating routine should prevent blemishes very well. I bought this because I needed a new exfoliant, and I chickened out of purchasing one of the intruiging enzyme-exfoliant masks with the hefty price tags I have my eye on. (Maybe next time haha). This caught my eye because it was on sale, and I have yet to find a St Ives product that didnt do what it says. I like the scrubs you can really feel working, and I dont find this to be anywhere near too harsh when you use a gentle hand as the particles are small. This scrub leaves my skin soft and glowing every time, immediately reduced 90% redness and in 2weeks has just about conquered my blackheads. Only con is that the acne treatment properties leave my skin just a little tight-feeling afterwards unlike my last scrub (Clinique 7Day Scrub Cream which I HIGHLY recommend), but nothing uncomfortable. St Ives has done it again.