November 23, 2014 | 2079 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Green Tea Scrub

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2013 11:35:00 AM More reviews by DebAnneM

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I also have had great results with this scrub. Used St Ives products for about forever and in my younger years used the apricot scrub with great results. This green tea scrub is terrific for the scrubbing part but is still gentle enough for sensitive skin. I would definitely recommend this product for ladies with sensitive skin, doesn't sting, burn or create redness!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Mapril

What a great scrub. I've been using the apricot scrub for years but it was starting to irritate my skin. I had a facial and she used a scrub with very little exfoliators in it but...the price was crazy. So I tried this product and it's great. Love the scent and how my skin feels afterward. And you can't go wrong using green tea.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by babyblue59

This scrub is wonderful. I'm used to spending $30+ dollars on my favorite Dermalogica scrub and after getting a recommendation to try this one I think I actually like it better. For $5 you can't beat it. I use this to cleanse my face every night and it leaves my skin smooth and fresh feeling. I'm on my second bottle and loving it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by oilyteen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really love this because the beads are really small my skin is a bit sensitive and a heavy exfoliator is too harsh for my face, this is perfect for me I use it a couple times a week alone but I really like adding about a pee sized drop to mix with my cleanser, defiantly something I will always have around serves multiple uses for me and I like the smell

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2013 7:18:00 AM More reviews by miffffy

I love this scrub! I prefer this over the apricot scrub because the beads are much finer and I feel like it really cleans deep into my pores. I like the smell, it doesn't smell like green tea to me but that's okay. I have combination dry skin but this product doesn't dry me out that much. This product is in my top 5 favorite!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by ohsigrid

I've been dealing with acne every time I don't have enough of sleep, so i tried so much scrubs and cleanser to minimize and to get rid of these red patches in my face. Before i buy new product/s i make it a habit to read reviews about its pros and cons and there you go! i've read that St. Ives green tea scrub can reduce the redness of the acne and totally eliminate its stay on face. It's somewhat true!=) I'm on it's 5th day and I can say it is effectively lightens the reddish appearance. After washing your skin becomes so soft and tight so for cold weather it might dry your skin,=)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 1:42:00 AM More reviews by Littlewing89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

THis stuff is the best
my skin looks so fresh afterwards
it calmed some spots down
and made my skin texture smooth and "youthful" seriously I had soft teenager skin rather than sun damaged, crocodile texture that was slowly becoming my face. Yayy, not no more....
Definitley a holy grail product for me now. I don't really have an acne problem, but I had some rare spots come up from eating dairy ( dairy-intolerance) and they are settling down now.........so I would use something moisturizing afterwards, for sure. If you have oily skin though I bet this would be nice. My skin is usually thin and a lil dry but this left it feeling like it is...full of water, not grease. I just need a pea size amount, so great value. Took my makeup off pretty good. I LOOOOOVE ITTT SO MUUUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2013 8:50:00 AM More reviews by tashidelek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Pretty good scrub that exfoliates well and doesn't dry out skin as bad as other types. However, I have very sensitive that tends to flush really easily, so it tends to make these conditions worse. This scrub is better suited for those with thick skin. I feel that the granules are fairly sharp and sometimes tear the skin. I will continue to look for a scrub that delivers similar acne-fighting blemishes without harsh exfoliants.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2013 10:32:00 AM More reviews by KatWKSF

My skin really responds well to manual exfoliation. I was excited to try this product based upon the good reviews. I've found that my acne-prone skin stays in-check better when I manually exfoliate regularly (multiple times a week) to assist it in cell turnover. My Wal-Mart had practically every St. Ives scrub except this one, and then I remembered reviewers on here talking about the travel size of this product being available. Ironically, they had the travel/sample size but not the full size. I'm really glad I did not spend the money on the full-size product. Neither the chemical compounds in it nor the exfoliating grains are strong enough for my liking. It wasn't a "bad" scrub, it just wasn't impressive. My skin did not feel particularly clean, and the scrubbing grains were extremely fine and not overly pleantiful IMO. (Yes, I understand that smaller grains are supposed to be better, but I prefer some of the natural products and homemade products with larger grains. Just my preference.) I will add that my acne has been (knock on wood) extremely under control with the Phisoderm acne gel cleanser, but after trying this for a few days, I woke up with a few whiteheads in the areas around my nose and on my chin. It very well could be coincidence, but I'm going back to my regular cleanser and scrubs.
*UPDATE*: I decided to give this a second try. I bought another trial tube, and then yesterday, finally a full tube at Target. I'm not going to change my rating, because I do firmly believe that if you have truely problematic acne, that this is not for you, despite the fact it claims to be. My acne, fortunately, seems largely in "remission," so this product is currently perfect for me. It has just enough anti-acne ingredients to keep things in check without burning up the healthy skin. It has a gentle scrubbing texture and a very nice scent, better than most fragrances in acne products (some which downright stink). I don't think there's a single ounce of truth or value in the green tea anti-redness claim, but whatever. Right now I am enjoying this cleanser while I can. If I have to go back to something stronger later, then I will.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by coviedo

I was so obsessed with the St. Ives Apricot scrub blemish control wash but it was so harsh on my skin that i needed to look for one less rough and I came across St. Ives Green tea scrub and it is less rough and more gentle on the skin and treats your acne as well.