November 24, 2014 | 1627 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Trio - Sweet as Candy

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2012 11:17:00 PM More reviews by purplesoul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a great cheap palette for your handbag for an everyday or "oh no I forgot to wear make up and have somewhere important to be!" look. The colors are subtle and pretty and should work well on a variety of skintones. It's not very pigmented or blend-able, which is an example of getting what you pay for. Additionally, the packaging is very flimsy, and the lid will break if it's battered around, so be sure to keep it in a padded make up bag.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2012 10:13:00 PM More reviews by anaelleee

I want to rate this a 2.5. the main problem with this trio: TOO POWDERY and low pigmentation.

This is a great product as a simple every day eyeshadow trio for those with little time in the mornings for makeup, and it creates a nice feminine and natural look.

The pink colour for the lid in this trio was too pale and sheer for my taste, but the sheerness can be fixed by adding more product, but the colour wasn't what I was expecting at all. It applied really unevenly.

The crease colour is a nice warm shimmery brown that blends nicely and does not look too dramatic for everyday use. It is probably my favorite colour in this trio.

The highlight colour is a shimmery white, and it is creamy, like all the shadows from this wnw line, except that I had some pigmentation issues with it as well, as I needed to layer it a lot. I also experienced some fall-out.

The packaging of this trio doesn't look the best, but it's convenient as it has a clear lid so I can clearly see all the colours and it's slim, so it's great for on-the-go if needed, unlike my chunky too faced shadow box/palette!

This is the worst trio ive tried from wnw so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2012 8:48:00 PM More reviews by Guinnessgirl50

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

As others have said, this is great for a more neutral, daytime look. I think it's my favorite WNW trio. The brown crease color is less shimmery than brown crease colors in other WnW trios ( knock on wood, walking on eggshells) or in the comfort zone palette and so, for me, it's more wearable as an all- over lid color. It's also truly neutral, so can go with either a warm or cool cheek/lip look. The pink is really sheer so, even though I'm quite fair, I tend to layer it with the brown rather than wear it on its own. As solo lid with brown in the crease, it's a very natural though slightly shimmery look - so not quite as natural as matte finishes would be.

Sweet as candy is basically the " daytime" equivalent of Knock on wood for night. Those who like that trio should try it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2012 12:08:00 PM More reviews by amlheureux

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a go-to palette for a subtle daytime look that's a little bit romantic. Like all Wet and Wild shadow trios, the quality of the product is absolutely amazing... Soft and easy to work with. There's a beautiful shimmery white for the highlight, a warm bronze for the crease and a golden-hued pink for the lid. It reminds me of vanilla, chocolate and strawberry ice cream. This is another fantastic addition to my Wet N' Wild shadow collection and I would definitely recommend it for a wearable day to day look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2012 12:12:00 AM More reviews by kgloverii

The other reviewers have said it all regarding this palette.
But I'll echo their sentiments:

I got this as part of the WNW train case package, and honestly wouldn't have considered purchasing it on its own. I love WNW shadows, especially The Comfort Zone palette, but this one... Well it looks boring...

On a whim, I opened it up and tried it. This is my HG set. How does a "blah" set completely change my mind? The colors are all buttery, and they work well together. Another reviewer said that the palette gave her an "awake" look. I had THE EXACT SAME REACTION after I put this combo on the first time. The pink is so buttery and muted, the brown blends well and makes the lid pop, and the white, well that just be that final touch that makes you look like you are refreshed and slept 10 hours the night before. The funny thing is, the first time I tried this combo was on a day that I was overtired and I just wanted to put something on, anything on, so I looked alive. When I was finished with the application, I was stunned with the results. The combo is so neutral, so barely there, but it makes your whole face come alive.

I use this palette more than any others cause I can count on it. No fuss, no over-the-top, but even with the simplicity of the colors, they make me look fantastic, and my husband just. says. WOW. Every time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2012 12:40:00 AM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I would always pass up this trio because the colors look so blah but after seeing it on clearance i decided wth & picked it up. The colors are pretty basic but that doesn't mean their not pretty. This is a nice addition to my e/s & im glad i purchased it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2012 12:25:00 AM More reviews by vadaaa

I like this trio by Wet N Wild. There is a pale pink shimmery shadows meant for the eyelid, a very gorgeous brown for the crease, and a shimmery white for the browbone. I think the pink colour is somewhat lacking in pigmentation, but if you apply it evenly it looks amazing. The crease shadow is pretty pigmented, and the browbone shadow is VERY pigmented. The colours go very well together and can be worn more dramatic or light and natural. The packaging is okay, great for travel ! It comes with two brushes; a sponge tip and an actual BRUSH brush. i dont use them , but i guess its a nice notion. :) Overall i think this product is good, but i wont repurchase because i want to have a lot of variety and try more products. however, if it becomes one of my daily routines, i may repurchase :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2011 7:19:00 PM More reviews by TheUnforgiven

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

This is my favorite of Wet 'n' Wild trios.
I have a very pale skin and these colors suit so well on me. I love the eyelid color. It's a nice pink shade with a shimmer, but the shimmer doesn't overtake the shade. It still looks pretty and pink on my eyelids.
The crease color is perfect for me. I have troubles of finding good crease colors for my eyes. I'm so pale and too dark color on my crease look scary. This brown color is just the right shade for me and it looks fresh and blends very well.
The browbone color is great on the inner corners of my eyes and sometimes on the browbones too (I tend to use the single shadow "Brulee" on my browbones, because it's matte).
The prize of this trio is great, very cheap, but the quality is awesome.
I will definitely purchase this again. I only wish they'd make the amazing crease color available on the single shadow as well, because I'm going to finish it first.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2011 11:23:00 AM More reviews by compassionista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I can't believe how often I am reaching for this e/s trio - since I bought it I've been using it on an almost-daily basis. It's a great combination of colors and it gives me a really natural, "awake" daytime look.

The colors are a bit sheer - especially the pink, which I have to pack onto my lid - but I found with a good e/s base (I liked Too Faced Shadow Insurance) and a little care in application, these colors look good all day long. I've actually received quite a few compliments on my e/s while wearing this.

I think the typical retail price for this is under $3. You can really beat that. If you are looking for a very user-friendly shadow trio for a day-to-day look, this might be for you. It would also be wonderful to travel with because if you lose it, it is inexpensive and very easy to replace.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2011 3:56:00 PM More reviews by raspberrie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The colors in this are really pretty, though I didn't expect the pink to be as sheer as it is. It's a good color, but if you want it to really pop you might want to use a pink base underneath it.

I noticed that the pink was a little hard, and more difficult to pick up with my brush than any of my other Wet 'n' Wild eyeshadows. I'm not sure why, I'm hoping that's just a fluke with this particular trio.