Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Trio - Sweet as Candy

Price: $

on 5/9/2012 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Love love LOVE THIS! I'm Asian ( yellow/pink undertones) and this looks great with my brown eyes. I don't care much for the brow one color because I have double lids and it doesn't look flattering when I take color up that far. The pink and brown is very nice. Just have to blend with a light hand LIGHT hand. Great for everyday wear! And easy to carry around!

on 5/4/2012 5:19:00 PM

OK, I LOVE MAC products but since getting married and trying to save some money I am shopping in the drug store market again. I liked the color of this palet and thought I would give it a try. Honestly I was amazed at how well this stayed on and the color was great. Coming from MAC this is great and I know it looks good.

I will be buying again and checking out other colors.

on 4/25/2012 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I love this product! Pretty amazing for such a cheap price. I was going to pick up Walking on Eggshells, but ended up with this trio instead.

The pink shadow lacks pigmentation, but the white and brown are pretty good. Good for travel, since the packaging is small and the colors are good for a everyday, soft look.

on 4/6/2012 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This is seriously my go-to palette. I've been doing a lot more natural/neutral looks lately, and this has taken all the guess work out of it.
I usually have passed up on WnW anything because I've been so disappointed of them in the past. I've tried other trios, but haven't had much success. However, Sweet as Candy is different. The colors are really complimentry of each other, they blend wonderfully, and each eyeshadow has decent pigmentation.
Like someone reviewed below, the pink shade sort of lacks pigmentation. You can build it up to get it the way you want it to, but I've found that it can wear down to a soft pink as the day goes on, even with a primer.
The brown shade is pretty decent and has really good color payoff. It's a shade that can easily be darker or lighter depending on how much you use.
The vanilla shade has some serious pigmentation and has huge color payoff. Its really shimmery, so if you're someone who doesn't like a high shimmer on their brow bone, I suggest you use this lightly.
The included brushes, a sponge tip and a regular small brush, are a joke. I wouldn't use these at all, and generally throw them out.
This has been my favorite trio from WnW so far. I suggest it for people who want something they can easily carry with them in their bag or for travel and need something small.
I would buy this trio again, however I see myself only really needing to buy the pink shade again.

on 3/26/2012 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is a great cheap palette for your handbag for an everyday or "oh no I forgot to wear make up and have somewhere important to be!" look. The colors are subtle and pretty and should work well on a variety of skintones. It's not very pigmented or blend-able, which is an example of getting what you pay for. Additionally, the packaging is very flimsy, and the lid will break if it's battered around, so be sure to keep it in a padded make up bag.

on 3/26/2012 10:13:00 PM

I want to rate this a 2.5. the main problem with this trio: TOO POWDERY and low pigmentation.

This is a great product as a simple every day eyeshadow trio for those with little time in the mornings for makeup, and it creates a nice feminine and natural look.

The pink colour for the lid in this trio was too pale and sheer for my taste, but the sheerness can be fixed by adding more product, but the colour wasn't what I was expecting at all. It applied really unevenly.

The crease colour is a nice warm shimmery brown that blends nicely and does not look too dramatic for everyday use. It is probably my favorite colour in this trio.

The highlight colour is a shimmery white, and it is creamy, like all the shadows from this wnw line, except that I had some pigmentation issues with it as well, as I needed to layer it a lot. I also experienced some fall-out.

The packaging of this trio doesn't look the best, but it's convenient as it has a clear lid so I can clearly see all the colours and it's slim, so it's great for on-the-go if needed, unlike my chunky too faced shadow box/palette!

This is the worst trio ive tried from wnw so far.

As others have said, this is great for a more neutral, daytime look. I think it's my favorite WNW trio. The brown crease color is less shimmery than brown crease colors in other WnW trios ( knock on wood, walking on eggshells) or in the comfort zone palette and so, for me, it's more wearable as an all- over lid color. It's also truly neutral, so can go with either a warm or cool cheek/lip look. The pink is really sheer so, even though I'm quite fair, I tend to layer it with the brown rather than wear it on its own. As solo lid with brown in the crease, it's a very natural though slightly shimmery look - so not quite as natural as matte finishes would be.

Sweet as candy is basically the " daytime" equivalent of Knock on wood for night. Those who like that trio should try it.

on 2/15/2012 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a go-to palette for a subtle daytime look that's a little bit romantic. Like all Wet and Wild shadow trios, the quality of the product is absolutely amazing... Soft and easy to work with. There's a beautiful shimmery white for the highlight, a warm bronze for the crease and a golden-hued pink for the lid. It reminds me of vanilla, chocolate and strawberry ice cream. This is another fantastic addition to my Wet N' Wild shadow collection and I would definitely recommend it for a wearable day to day look.

on 2/6/2012 12:12:00 AM

The other reviewers have said it all regarding this palette.
But I'll echo their sentiments:

I got this as part of the WNW train case package, and honestly wouldn't have considered purchasing it on its own. I love WNW shadows, especially The Comfort Zone palette, but this one... Well it looks boring...

On a whim, I opened it up and tried it. This is my HG set. How does a "blah" set completely change my mind? The colors are all buttery, and they work well together. Another reviewer said that the palette gave her an "awake" look. I had THE EXACT SAME REACTION after I put this combo on the first time. The pink is so buttery and muted, the brown blends well and makes the lid pop, and the white, well that just be that final touch that makes you look like you are refreshed and slept 10 hours the night before. The funny thing is, the first time I tried this combo was on a day that I was overtired and I just wanted to put something on, anything on, so I looked alive. When I was finished with the application, I was stunned with the results. The combo is so neutral, so barely there, but it makes your whole face come alive.

I use this palette more than any others cause I can count on it. No fuss, no over-the-top, but even with the simplicity of the colors, they make me look fantastic, and my husband just. says. WOW. Every time.

on 1/26/2012 12:40:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I would always pass up this trio because the colors look so blah but after seeing it on clearance i decided wth & picked it up. The colors are pretty basic but that doesn't mean their not pretty. This is a nice addition to my e/s & im glad i purchased it.