July 29, 2014 | 1888 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Trio - Sweet as Candy

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2012 12:12:00 AM More reviews by kgloverii

The other reviewers have said it all regarding this palette.
But I'll echo their sentiments:

I got this as part of the WNW train case package, and honestly wouldn't have considered purchasing it on its own. I love WNW shadows, especially The Comfort Zone palette, but this one... Well it looks boring...

On a whim, I opened it up and tried it. This is my HG set. How does a "blah" set completely change my mind? The colors are all buttery, and they work well together. Another reviewer said that the palette gave her an "awake" look. I had THE EXACT SAME REACTION after I put this combo on the first time. The pink is so buttery and muted, the brown blends well and makes the lid pop, and the white, well that just be that final touch that makes you look like you are refreshed and slept 10 hours the night before. The funny thing is, the first time I tried this combo was on a day that I was overtired and I just wanted to put something on, anything on, so I looked alive. When I was finished with the application, I was stunned with the results. The combo is so neutral, so barely there, but it makes your whole face come alive.

I use this palette more than any others cause I can count on it. No fuss, no over-the-top, but even with the simplicity of the colors, they make me look fantastic, and my husband just. says. WOW. Every time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2012 12:40:00 AM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I would always pass up this trio because the colors look so blah but after seeing it on clearance i decided wth & picked it up. The colors are pretty basic but that doesn't mean their not pretty. This is a nice addition to my e/s & im glad i purchased it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2012 12:25:00 AM More reviews by vadaaa

I like this trio by Wet N Wild. There is a pale pink shimmery shadows meant for the eyelid, a very gorgeous brown for the crease, and a shimmery white for the browbone. I think the pink colour is somewhat lacking in pigmentation, but if you apply it evenly it looks amazing. The crease shadow is pretty pigmented, and the browbone shadow is VERY pigmented. The colours go very well together and can be worn more dramatic or light and natural. The packaging is okay, great for travel ! It comes with two brushes; a sponge tip and an actual BRUSH brush. i dont use them , but i guess its a nice notion. :) Overall i think this product is good, but i wont repurchase because i want to have a lot of variety and try more products. however, if it becomes one of my daily routines, i may repurchase :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2011 7:19:00 PM More reviews by TheUnforgiven

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

This is my favorite of Wet 'n' Wild trios.
I have a very pale skin and these colors suit so well on me. I love the eyelid color. It's a nice pink shade with a shimmer, but the shimmer doesn't overtake the shade. It still looks pretty and pink on my eyelids.
The crease color is perfect for me. I have troubles of finding good crease colors for my eyes. I'm so pale and too dark color on my crease look scary. This brown color is just the right shade for me and it looks fresh and blends very well.
The browbone color is great on the inner corners of my eyes and sometimes on the browbones too (I tend to use the single shadow "Brulee" on my browbones, because it's matte).
The prize of this trio is great, very cheap, but the quality is awesome.
I will definitely purchase this again. I only wish they'd make the amazing crease color available on the single shadow as well, because I'm going to finish it first.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2011 11:23:00 AM More reviews by compassionista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I can't believe how often I am reaching for this e/s trio - since I bought it I've been using it on an almost-daily basis. It's a great combination of colors and it gives me a really natural, "awake" daytime look.

The colors are a bit sheer - especially the pink, which I have to pack onto my lid - but I found with a good e/s base (I liked Too Faced Shadow Insurance) and a little care in application, these colors look good all day long. I've actually received quite a few compliments on my e/s while wearing this.

I think the typical retail price for this is under $3. You can really beat that. If you are looking for a very user-friendly shadow trio for a day-to-day look, this might be for you. It would also be wonderful to travel with because if you lose it, it is inexpensive and very easy to replace.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2011 3:56:00 PM More reviews by raspberrie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The colors in this are really pretty, though I didn't expect the pink to be as sheer as it is. It's a good color, but if you want it to really pop you might want to use a pink base underneath it.

I noticed that the pink was a little hard, and more difficult to pick up with my brush than any of my other Wet 'n' Wild eyeshadows. I'm not sure why, I'm hoping that's just a fluke with this particular trio.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2011 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love all WETNWILD products i was even a fan when it was the old crappy packaging with pretty decent products, they werent the best but some of their stuff was awesome. the WetnWild Coloricon Trio collection is absolutely amazing from the older ones to the newer sets but Sweet As Candy has been out for a little while. so ive owned it a while so i can review it as thorough as i can..
PRICE/AVAILABILITY- this rocking trio will cost you only $2.99 yeah under $3. it may vary slightly depending on your area and where you purchase it- you can find these in drugstores like Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid, etc as well as Walmart & Target.
SHADE/FORMULA- Sweet as Candy is a great go to neutral trio with just a touch of color coming from the pink. There is a pink, cream and brown. all great on their own or together. They are labeled so ill go from the labels-
Brow Bone- stark white with a sheen to it, great for brow and inner corner highlighting also makes a gorgeous old hollywood lid color or wash. great for many purposes, def pigmented enough for alot of looks
Eyelid- This is a baby pink with a bit of shimmer this does make a great lid color and it can even be sheered out for a highlight even. this is a great neutral pink.
Crease- this crease color is a milk chocolatey brown that does work well for outer v area and crease. provides depth and contour to the eyes. i really love this color. it also makes a great smoky look on its own. multi faceted since it does have a almost metallic finish but more of a matte finish.
all three shadows are gorgeous. can me made into separate looks by putting this in diff areas than those mentioned. all are very well pigmented, go on super smooth. almost feel like butter, apply & blend well. i even use cheaper brushes & they work. pigmentation is the best from the drugstore, i was def impressed. theyve made me want more and more! of the trios i own, this is probably the most neutral and easy to reach for since i dont have to worry about colors and being too much. will work for everyone.
PACKAGING- this is a rectangular compact that is glossy black backing with labeling and how tos on where and how to place these 3 shadows on the eye area. great for beginners to learn placement. there is a clear see thru hard plastic snap shut lid. the shade is on the sticker and back. this is def sturdy and compact. great for travel and and on the go. slips in to pockets even. does come with two applicators, a sponge tip applicator that is actually pretty good as well as this bristled brush that has a weird angle to it. its weird but you dont have to use them but ive seen a video where it did work for blending so to each their own.
overall, Sweet as Candy is another great trio from WNW. i love these trios and Sweet as Candy does have some amazing shadows! i love it and im sure most people will too since we all love us some neutral shadows sometimes! give em a try esp if you love great shadows! they are affordable, amazing quality and esp since they are from a cruelty free company, i love you wetnwild! i will add some pictures and swatches and an update if anything changes!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2011 2:49:00 PM More reviews by tomakeupchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A very pleasant surprise. I picked this up because i thought the colours were pretty and I figured it was cheap (under $3) so if I hated it, at least I hadn't spent much. Well, I love it. I think Wet n Wild has really improved their product (at least their eyeshadows) over the years. The colours are highly pigmented and long lasting. I am able to create a variety of very pretty day looks and feel confident that my eyemakeup will last the workday. Overall, an excellent purchase. Quality far exceeds its very modest pricing. I have paid far more for far worse. Would definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by Lovelyluisa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Its so weird because everyone seems to love this, but I've had mine for some time and just don't think that it has any pigmentation at all. I would say that the browbone color is the one that has more color pigmentation. The crease color is a sheer brown that could barely be used on the lid??? Maybe it is because I am of a tan complexion. The colors look very pretty but just didn't work for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2011 9:20:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

This trio and the Walking on Eggshells trio are almost identical to each other. Both contain a lovely trio of colors that be used for providing a nice natural day look or a neutral smoky eye for night as well. I really love the wearability of the shadow a whole as well. They last all day without any touchups (which is very rare when it comes to drugstore eyeshadows).

Wet n Wild eyeshadows really have a come long. I have come to love them. And, I certainly do plan to continue buying more of them to come!