Goody Spin Pin

4.4

on 9/27/2012 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

These cute little things work very well and have spectacular hold! Quick, easy. Not as messy and easy to lose and misplace as bobby pins. I'm growing out a pixie cut and my hair is at awkward lengths, so the spin pins don't hold in all my hair, but it works very well and looks cute and put together. I have thick, wavy hair, and I bought the Dark color. If you live your life with your hair in a bun, I would recommend these.

I absolutely love these. I have long but thin brown hair and it holds it perfectly. I even keep these in when i am running or working out and it keeps my hair in place. granted not perfect i have a few stray pieces fall from the bun but still it is very light weight and not bulky. I don't know about any other women but i have to have my hair up when working out and a bun clip tends to bounce when i run and annoys me so much. I don't have these problems with these pins. my only complaint is that is really doesn't match my hair color. wish there was more variety of color. Other than that great product

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Goody Spin pins will change the way you bun your hair!

I have SUPER long hair and these hold it all day, you can add an extra normal hair pin on either side too if you like but you won't really need it. You can use these with your hair doughnuts too, they slip in perfectly. No more struggling with 30 million hair pins poking out, you just have to push these in at the right angle and tightness (after a few goes you will have the hand of it, don't worry!) Invisible in the hair (unless say you had sever hair loss). As I said my hair is super long but it is fine, I don't know how this will hold up in thick, curly hair if anything I should imagine even better as the pins will have more texture to cling to and even better on average length hair. I think those with lots of layers will have hair falling out as they would with any other hair pin (will have to use spray and a few more pins instead) but these will still reduce the number of pins needed. You could paint them if you didn't have brown hair. Initially expensive for 2 hair grips but they Last forever too (never break) never get caught due to rubberised tips. Buy them. NOW.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

What nifty little gadgets these are! When I first saw them, I must say, I was a bit skeptical, especially since my hair is long and past my bra strap, VERY thick and naturally wavy. I figured that there was no way 2 of these little Spin Pins could keep my hair in a bun. Needless to say, I was wrong and these Spin Pins rock! They have become a beauty item staple for me. They come in 2 colors: Blonde and Brunette. I have them in Blonde. They are also very affordable. I purchased mine at Walgreen's for around $6. I bought 2 boxes, so I can keep one set in my bathroom vanity and another set in my bag, so I can pull my hair up on the go, which is often. I love how I can easily put my hair up so quickly and without so many bobby pins. Sometimes I do add a few bobby pins if I want a sleeker look, but most of the time, the 2 Spin Pins are sufficient enough, especially since I love wearing messy buns. I would recommend them to anyone with hair long enough to pull up.

on 7/20/2012 6:39:00 PM

These make putting together a chignon faster than saying lickety split. I have coarse wavy/curly hair, so it's often not that hard, but seriously, I got it down in about 20 seconds flat. I'm prone to lose hair clips/pins so I'm tempted to buy these by bulk.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have no idea how I lived without these little guys. My hair is thin and silky and a million bobby pins is not only annoying and time consuming, but also ineffective.

I can literally twist my hair into a bun anywhere on my head until it wraps into the shape I want, spin these in, and have a bun that looks cute and will LAST in about 2 seconds.

The box tells you not to cross them but I always do, I find it helps to hook them together better and hold the hair, just like when you cross bobby pins over one another for a better hold.

You can get them in a darker color or a lighter one, and most people are in one of those two categories!

I've seen these everywhere from grocery stores, to Target, to drugstores, to Ulta. So it won't be an epic quest to find them!

If you are sick of hair ties or bobby pins, or both then check these out! I have thin hair that is a few inches longer than shoulder length and they work great for me!! I have also tried them on a friend with very thick hair down to her waist and they worked great for her too, she just had to add another set ;) You can also get little short ones if you have really short hair!!

on 7/17/2012 4:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I have long hair of every texture imaginable--except good. I've tried bands, barrettes, bobby-pins, braids, rolls, and that's not even getting into the chemicals. I got these spin pins a year ago (aprox) at a local drugstore, and believe it was several dollars for a set of 2, though I often only need to use one.....well, tow would look better, but I am:
A. Lazy
B. absentminded

so one is usually all I can find in my mess of a hair drawer. They are awesome, and unlike many hair products marketed, they actually WORK. I can twist my hair up with or without a braid, with or without a scarf, heck, with or without washing, and it looks--and feels--fine. Any one living in a hot climate, invest in these.

Shoshachu

on 6/19/2012 4:18:00 PM

I've been searching for these off and on for a while, finally found some. They work really well, with just a little practice I can do great-looking buns and french twists. I have long (down to the bra strap) wavy thick hair and the hold stays all day and is very comfortable. A little pricey at $6.99 Cdn for two, but overall a great product!

on 6/19/2012 8:36:00 AM

These things are awesome! I've actually never been able to keep my hair in a bun without the spin pins, my hair just falls out no matter how many bobby pins and hair spray I used. They're so easy to use (and fun!), they don't damage hair at all, they stay twisted alllll day and are invisible. I have blonde hair so the brassy colour works for me, but if they haven't already, they should make some for each hair colour. I will buy them again once I loose these ones!

on 4/26/2012 9:32:00 PM

I have thick, curly hair that bobby pins just aren't strong enough for without having to use more than 25 for a simple up-do. With these I needed only two and they held trough a wedding and LOTS of dancing. That was when I had hair just past my shoulders, now that it's longer I think I'll grab another package just for the extra security while dancing, though I'm not entirely sure I need them.

Popular Hair Styling Tools