April 20, 2014 | 1964 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Goody - Spin Pin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2012 6:25:00 PM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have no idea how I lived without these little guys. My hair is thin and silky and a million bobby pins is not only annoying and time consuming, but also ineffective.

I can literally twist my hair into a bun anywhere on my head until it wraps into the shape I want, spin these in, and have a bun that looks cute and will LAST in about 2 seconds.

The box tells you not to cross them but I always do, I find it helps to hook them together better and hold the hair, just like when you cross bobby pins over one another for a better hold.

You can get them in a darker color or a lighter one, and most people are in one of those two categories!

I've seen these everywhere from grocery stores, to Target, to drugstores, to Ulta. So it won't be an epic quest to find them!

If you are sick of hair ties or bobby pins, or both then check these out! I have thin hair that is a few inches longer than shoulder length and they work great for me!! I have also tried them on a friend with very thick hair down to her waist and they worked great for her too, she just had to add another set ;) You can also get little short ones if you have really short hair!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 4:00:00 AM More reviews by Shoshachu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Other

I have long hair of every texture imaginable--except good. I've tried bands, barrettes, bobby-pins, braids, rolls, and that's not even getting into the chemicals. I got these spin pins a year ago (aprox) at a local drugstore, and believe it was several dollars for a set of 2, though I often only need to use one.....well, tow would look better, but I am:
A. Lazy
B. absentminded

so one is usually all I can find in my mess of a hair drawer. They are awesome, and unlike many hair products marketed, they actually WORK. I can twist my hair up with or without a braid, with or without a scarf, heck, with or without washing, and it looks--and feels--fine. Any one living in a hot climate, invest in these.

Shoshachu

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 4:18:00 PM More reviews by TFaulkner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been searching for these off and on for a while, finally found some. They work really well, with just a little practice I can do great-looking buns and french twists. I have long (down to the bra strap) wavy thick hair and the hold stays all day and is very comfortable. A little pricey at $6.99 Cdn for two, but overall a great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 8:36:00 AM More reviews by Crimsonbury

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

These things are awesome! I've actually never been able to keep my hair in a bun without the spin pins, my hair just falls out no matter how many bobby pins and hair spray I used. They're so easy to use (and fun!), they don't damage hair at all, they stay twisted alllll day and are invisible. I have blonde hair so the brassy colour works for me, but if they haven't already, they should make some for each hair colour. I will buy them again once I loose these ones!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 9:32:00 PM More reviews by MeggieBeth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have thick, curly hair that bobby pins just aren't strong enough for without having to use more than 25 for a simple up-do. With these I needed only two and they held trough a wedding and LOTS of dancing. That was when I had hair just past my shoulders, now that it's longer I think I'll grab another package just for the extra security while dancing, though I'm not entirely sure I need them.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2012 6:29:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I purchased this hoping that if I use these pins, I wouldn't have to use 2+ hair ties (it takes at least 2 hair ties, no bobby pins, to hold my hair into a chignon bun). Well, I actually do need to use a hair tie with these pins. I have layered hair, so after using BOTH of these pins on a chignon, there are still one or two chunks of hair that stick out, so I have to use a hair tie to secure them. <--Which kind of defeats the purpose of me purchasing Spin Pins in the first place, but oh well. Regardless, these are still really handy pins. My friends saw me use them and they were like, "omfg those are so cool!" And they ARE cool. The whole concept is unbelievably genius.
All you have to do is twist/screw them in your hair. And don't worry, it won't show (as long as you screw it in all the way) because the finish is matte. If you have thin, unlayered hair, you only need one pin. If you have thick, layered hair like mine, you need both pins and probably an additional hair tie or bobby pins.
For $7, they're pretty expensive considering it only comes with two pins, but I think I'm used to seeing overpriced stuff, especially in drugstores when it comes to makeup and hair products.
I purchased this in Dark Hair, since I have medium-to-dark brown hair. Dark Hair is actually more like a medium brown than dark brown or black like it should be. It also comes in Blonde.
Would I repurchase? Yes.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2012 2:16:00 AM More reviews by xcaramelissa

I couldn't believe the amount of people who would buy this again! Ok, so this will work if you have the right hair type/texture/length. But unfortunately on me, it does not work. I have long, layered, silky, normal to thick hair and this doesn't keep my hair up. If I use these spin pins, this is what I do: put hair up in a ponytail with an elastic, twist hair into bun, insert spin pins, grab 4 bobby pins and secure bun. After doing this, then MAYBE it will stay up all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 6:52:00 AM More reviews by 1Agatka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

With this stuff it takes you less than a minute to make an up do and it will not only be a very comfortable one but also last the whole day (even in the gym!).
You can do everything from a very simple quick up-do, french twist, messy bun to the most complicated creations that you might think would never stay in your hair. Spin Pins stay, they won't budge until you want to spin them out. Easy and pain-free. Genius!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 6:11:00 AM More reviews by FrejaValentin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't actually have the Goody brand spin pins, mine are just plain black from an unknown brand and costs 20 Danish kr (about $3,50) for a pair.
I have fine wavy hair, but tons of it, and I've never been able to do my hair with any kind of bobby pins - I've tried in every which way, but they bounce right out of my hair within 15 minutes. Enter the spin pins.

I now put my hair in top buns, braided buns, messy buns and everything in between every week, and I love it! I've also created a cult around this at my study, every girl who has seen me put my hair up with these went home and bought them, after the initial "What on earth is that??", haha!
I will never be without these, my HG of hair products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2012 8:17:00 PM More reviews by peoplerpeople

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product singlehandedly (1) elevated my relationship with my ailing mother-in-law, who could continue to work her French twist even after surgery left her weak; (2) made my dad-in-law very proud to know he could help with her hair ("why haven't these been invented before now?"); and (3) made my sis-in-law burn silently in a corner, I guess because I dared introduce a product about which she knew nothing (because, you see, she knows EVERYTHING about anything worth knowing) and for which her mother was very grateful indeed. Oh, and I keep plenty around for twists and buns in my own hair as well. I have no complaints. Lovely invention.

[Update-of-sorts (4/2012): Wow. What's up with all the thumb-feedback? It doesn't matter one way or the other, but I don't get it (shrug). The pins remain extremely easy to use, particularly for one seeking and/or less knowledgeable about working a French twist without a lot of bobby pins. Frankly, I use them most often to fix my hair up and away from my neck while I sleep. Mom's hair is mostly collar-length and coarse; mine is shoulder-length (right now), 2b/3a, fine, and slightly prone to breakage.]

32 out of 44 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No