October 23, 2014 | 1252 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Goody - Spin Pin

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2012 10:24:00 PM More reviews by bionicbigjames

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

What nifty little gadgets these are! When I first saw them, I must say, I was a bit skeptical, especially since my hair is long and past my bra strap, VERY thick and naturally wavy. I figured that there was no way 2 of these little Spin Pins could keep my hair in a bun. Needless to say, I was wrong and these Spin Pins rock! They have become a beauty item staple for me. They come in 2 colors: Blonde and Brunette. I have them in Blonde. They are also very affordable. I purchased mine at Walgreen's for around $6. I bought 2 boxes, so I can keep one set in my bathroom vanity and another set in my bag, so I can pull my hair up on the go, which is often. I love how I can easily put my hair up so quickly and without so many bobby pins. Sometimes I do add a few bobby pins if I want a sleeker look, but most of the time, the 2 Spin Pins are sufficient enough, especially since I love wearing messy buns. I would recommend them to anyone with hair long enough to pull up.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by Ms_Bobbalina

These make putting together a chignon faster than saying lickety split. I have coarse wavy/curly hair, so it's often not that hard, but seriously, I got it down in about 20 seconds flat. I'm prone to lose hair clips/pins so I'm tempted to buy these by bulk.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2012 6:25:00 PM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have no idea how I lived without these little guys. My hair is thin and silky and a million bobby pins is not only annoying and time consuming, but also ineffective.

I can literally twist my hair into a bun anywhere on my head until it wraps into the shape I want, spin these in, and have a bun that looks cute and will LAST in about 2 seconds.

The box tells you not to cross them but I always do, I find it helps to hook them together better and hold the hair, just like when you cross bobby pins over one another for a better hold.

You can get them in a darker color or a lighter one, and most people are in one of those two categories!

I've seen these everywhere from grocery stores, to Target, to drugstores, to Ulta. So it won't be an epic quest to find them!

If you are sick of hair ties or bobby pins, or both then check these out! I have thin hair that is a few inches longer than shoulder length and they work great for me!! I have also tried them on a friend with very thick hair down to her waist and they worked great for her too, she just had to add another set ;) You can also get little short ones if you have really short hair!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 4:00:00 AM More reviews by Shoshachu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Other

I have long hair of every texture imaginable--except good. I've tried bands, barrettes, bobby-pins, braids, rolls, and that's not even getting into the chemicals. I got these spin pins a year ago (aprox) at a local drugstore, and believe it was several dollars for a set of 2, though I often only need to use one.....well, tow would look better, but I am:
A. Lazy
B. absentminded

so one is usually all I can find in my mess of a hair drawer. They are awesome, and unlike many hair products marketed, they actually WORK. I can twist my hair up with or without a braid, with or without a scarf, heck, with or without washing, and it looks--and feels--fine. Any one living in a hot climate, invest in these.

Shoshachu

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 4:18:00 PM More reviews by TFaulkner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been searching for these off and on for a while, finally found some. They work really well, with just a little practice I can do great-looking buns and french twists. I have long (down to the bra strap) wavy thick hair and the hold stays all day and is very comfortable. A little pricey at $6.99 Cdn for two, but overall a great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 8:36:00 AM More reviews by Crimsonbury

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

These things are awesome! I've actually never been able to keep my hair in a bun without the spin pins, my hair just falls out no matter how many bobby pins and hair spray I used. They're so easy to use (and fun!), they don't damage hair at all, they stay twisted alllll day and are invisible. I have blonde hair so the brassy colour works for me, but if they haven't already, they should make some for each hair colour. I will buy them again once I loose these ones!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 9:32:00 PM More reviews by MeggieBeth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have thick, curly hair that bobby pins just aren't strong enough for without having to use more than 25 for a simple up-do. With these I needed only two and they held trough a wedding and LOTS of dancing. That was when I had hair just past my shoulders, now that it's longer I think I'll grab another package just for the extra security while dancing, though I'm not entirely sure I need them.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2012 6:29:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I purchased this hoping that if I use these pins, I wouldn't have to use 2+ hair ties (it takes at least 2 hair ties, no bobby pins, to hold my hair into a chignon bun). Well, I actually do need to use a hair tie with these pins. I have layered hair, so after using BOTH of these pins on a chignon, there are still one or two chunks of hair that stick out, so I have to use a hair tie to secure them. <--Which kind of defeats the purpose of me purchasing Spin Pins in the first place, but oh well. Regardless, these are still really handy pins. My friends saw me use them and they were like, "omfg those are so cool!" And they ARE cool. The whole concept is unbelievably genius.
All you have to do is twist/screw them in your hair. And don't worry, it won't show (as long as you screw it in all the way) because the finish is matte. If you have thin, unlayered hair, you only need one pin. If you have thick, layered hair like mine, you need both pins and probably an additional hair tie or bobby pins.
For $7, they're pretty expensive considering it only comes with two pins, but I think I'm used to seeing overpriced stuff, especially in drugstores when it comes to makeup and hair products.
I purchased this in Dark Hair, since I have medium-to-dark brown hair. Dark Hair is actually more like a medium brown than dark brown or black like it should be. It also comes in Blonde.
Would I repurchase? Yes.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2012 2:16:00 AM More reviews by xcaramelissa

I couldn't believe the amount of people who would buy this again! Ok, so this will work if you have the right hair type/texture/length. But unfortunately on me, it does not work. I have long, layered, silky, normal to thick hair and this doesn't keep my hair up. If I use these spin pins, this is what I do: put hair up in a ponytail with an elastic, twist hair into bun, insert spin pins, grab 4 bobby pins and secure bun. After doing this, then MAYBE it will stay up all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 6:52:00 AM More reviews by 1Agatka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

With this stuff it takes you less than a minute to make an up do and it will not only be a very comfortable one but also last the whole day (even in the gym!).
You can do everything from a very simple quick up-do, french twist, messy bun to the most complicated creations that you might think would never stay in your hair. Spin Pins stay, they won't budge until you want to spin them out. Easy and pain-free. Genius!