NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

4.4

Isododecane Talc Cyclopentasiloxane Disteardimonium Hectorite Vp/Eicosene Copolymer Dimethicone Cetyl Ethylhexanoate Cyclohexasiloxane Sorbitan Sesquioleate Trimethylsiloxysilicate Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride Propylene Carbonate Peg-40 Stearate Sorbitan Olivate Tocopheryl Acetate Cera Alba (Beeswax) Phenoxyethanol Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate Oryza Sativa [Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil Extract] Triethoxycaprylylsilane Castor Oil Phosphate Sea Whip Extract Mica Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).

on 8/16/2014 11:43:00 AM

This is a must underneath your eyeliner, especially if that eyeliner is pencil or crayon-like. Keeps that area intact with no crease or smudge marks. Really helps maintain a clean eye make up look for the whole day.

on 8/15/2014 9:38:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Curly, Fine

Primer Potion is the best primer for me, but, the last few tubes have cracked before I've used it up and it's a pain to squeeze product up - for the price, I want to use every drop.

So I went to the local Sephora and ya know how they're always trying to sell you something, but the girl I talked to actually recommended a winner - this primer. I've tried many, many others and I prefer this applicator over a tube I have to squeeze or a tub.

Oily eyelids and shockingly still look pretty good after 12 hours and it's been humid and still looks good. Price not so great, but no allergic reaction and staying power mark it a winner in my book.

on 8/5/2014 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really wanted to like this product, but it made my eyes sting and water. There didn't seem to be a lot of product in the package based on the price, either.

on 7/22/2014 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This primer is an absolute must-have for all oilylidders :) Nothing can beat this product, just nothing! Forget about creasing or your eyeliner sticking to the browbone. Just bought my second pack. I've tried other primers like smashbox, urban decay, pupa and what not. They all just suck. At least for my super-oily skin and eyelids.

on 7/21/2014 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This is the best eye shadow primer. It helps my eye shadow last ALL DAY with absolutely no smudging or creasing even in hot, humid conditions! It's clear and doesn't change the color of your eyeshadow at all. It goes on smoothly and dries quickly. It is also non-drying and non-iirritating to your eyes and the skin around your eyes.

on 7/12/2014 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Although this is pricey, I would definitely re-purchase. I've tried all kinds of eye primers and this is the only one that delivers for me. My skin is extremely oily and shadows only last for about two hours on my eyes. If you keep running through different primers, go buy this now.

on 7/12/2014 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

For me definitely the best eyeshadow primer I've tried. The formula seems thin in comparison to other primers e.g. Urban Decay but rest assured it really does hold eyeshadow in place all day. Would definitely recommend to everyone.

on 7/11/2014 2:33:00 PM

I have a really, really tough time with my eye shadow sticking around. Some days it actually gone, gone, within an hour or so, even with primer, high end shadow and brushes. I've had mixed days with this stuff. I keep trying it in different ways with different shadows. BUT...I've found it works best for me with zero other products underneath after a freshly washed face (i.e. any kind of moisturizer or make-up remover) and a light layer of water based foundation sandwhiched between my shadow and the primer. It needs to dry, slightly, before adding the foundation, but don't let it dry too long otherwise I've had some cakey-ness show up with the foundation, just like happens if I let my face primer set too long before I put on my foundation.

on 7/8/2014 9:04:00 AM

I've tried a few different eye primers (UDPP, Bare Minerals Prime Time, MAC Paint Pots) and this one is the winner. It's not 100% perfect, sure, but it's the only one that keeps my eyeliner from traveling under my eyes. Caveat: I don't wear eyeshadow, only eyeliner, so I don't know whether this prevents eyeshadow creasing or prolongs eyeshadow wear.

This comes in a sleek looking white tube with a black handled applicator. The applicator itself is a doe foot, similar to what is used for lip gloss. A lot of people here have complained about this applicator, but it doesn't bother me. I do see how it would be hard to get all of the product out,though. (I'm still on my first tube, so I don't know how long it lasts before having to buy another one)

Pros: it's easy to use and the consistency is thin. It dries to a smooth, matte, transparent finish. I swipe this on right after I put on my BB cream and before my foundation and powder. This gives me enough time to let it set and dry before putting on eyeliner. Eyeliner goes on smoothly over it with no tugging. And it really makes my eyeliner last all day. Seriously, it doesn't budge until I take it off 12 - 14 h later. There is some fading in the corners where my eyes water, but no big deal. I use a biphasic eye makeup remover and have no problems removing it.

Cons: There is a bit of a learning curve in gauging how much to use. Too much and it makes you lashes white. I sometimes have to go back and pick it off my lashes, especially if I put it on in a rush. Also, I read here that a tube gets used up quickly. It's also pricey, but considering this is the only primer I've tried that works, I'm more than willing to fork over $25.00 for it.

on 6/28/2014 7:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is the first eyeshadow primer I've ever purchased and it is so so good. I have very oily eyelids that tend to make eyeshadow smudge within 4 hours. This basically prevents my lids from getting oily and cements the eyeshadow to my eyelids. I used this recently at my semi formal and there were zero smudges underneath my eyes at the end of the night. The only issue I have is the price, in Australia it retails $40, which is pretty ridiculous for a tiny tube of product but when I run out of this I will repurchase because it is just so good.

Top Rated NARS Products