November 25, 2014 | 1866 users online

Mascara - Revlon - Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by realitydust

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm surprised to see a lot of negative reviews on this mascara. It all comes down to preference I guess. I see Revlon's Grow Luscious (the wand, formula and application) as the younger step-sister to Benefit Bad Gal. I use Bad Gal went I'm going out and want dramatic thickness and volume, and I use this Revlon mascara on a day-to-day basis..work/school, etc. It mainly lengthens and lifts my lashes, holds a curl, and looks flattering while still looking relatively "natural."
As for the claim of growing longer lashes, I haven't seen a dramatic difference in that department but definitely see that my lashes are less brittle.

It's fairly cheap at Walmart or most drugstores, so it's worth a try. I think it's a solid daily mascara!

*UPDATE*
After a few weeks of almost daily use I have in fact noticed a slight increase in my lash length! They also appear healthlier/ less brittle.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2013 7:14:00 AM More reviews by NitaJ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This was very disappointing, the packaging looks great but this mascara is quite possibly one of the worst mascara I have ever used! I went from using Mabelline Colossal to this and what a contrast! This mascara failed to lengthen or thicken my lashes and I did not like the shimmer, I have yet to notice any growth in my eyelashes as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2013 6:51:00 AM More reviews by SavyB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The sad thing about this mascara is the formula actually works & does make your lashes grow a considerable amount BUT the brush is waaaay too big! Obviously, the majority of women buying this product are trying to grow their lashes, so making a huge brush for our tiny, little lashes was a huge mistake Revlon! It's unfortunate because I did notice lash growth after a couple months. Also, it gets a little flakey. I feel like it runs out super quick too... probably because of that dang brush! Sheesh!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2013 1:16:00 AM More reviews by crystaldw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this not knowing it had shimmer.while I luv the brush, feel&look I do not like the glitternor whatever it is but that just because I didnt read the color right.I will try a different color sans the shimmer next time I need to buy mascara..eventhough I didnt see any "growth" I think its just a gimmick name ("appears"is totally diffrent then "is")like many others do...but I like that this dosnt clump, makes my lashes look nice&thick with a bit more lenght. Great buy for the $.would highly recomend (no shimmer) to anyone on a budget looking for a great thick natural looking mascara that dosent need to be declumped or wiped off b4 applying (wish the people who make mascara tubes put a tighter hole or sumthing, so less product comes on the brush.id rather add more light coats then have to wipe globs off the brush)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by primpednpink

I got this mascara because it was one of the cheaper drugstore mascaras. (Yes, I pinch pennies even there!) I really love how this makes my upper lashes look. Great length and separation but lashes still look natural. Better than most - only complaint is the huuuuuge brush, making it impossible to use on bottom lashes. If Revlon changed the brush and kept the formula this would probably be a HG product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2013 2:42:00 AM More reviews by lizzea

Gahhh! The brush on this is enormous! The formula is ok but it takes a while to apply a nice, thick coat, which is what I need on my short stubby lashes. I also have small eyes so the brush head is really annoying to use. On the plus side, it works better on the bottom lashes for me, giving a natural look. I got this as part of a gift set, so I didn't have to pay for it, but I would not ever purchase given there are so many amazing mascaras out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by rachelinannarbor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Flaky and clumpy. I wasn't a fan. There are so many decent to great mascaras at this price point. Try them instead.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2013 4:41:00 PM More reviews by cammbo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had high hopes for this mascara, but found it to be pretty useless! Although it did make my lashes appear longer, it gave absolutely no volume and within a few hours I had a lot of little flakes under my eyes. The large brush is difficult to work with and the mascara applies thickly, clumping the lashes together. Just didn't work for me at all!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 4:49:00 PM More reviews by solg

I haven't had the best of lucks with Revlon mascaras. I only tried one (Fabulash Waterproof) and gated it so much that made me stay away from Revlon mascaras for a while. But since I've heard such good things about this one, I gave it a try. It quickly became my everyday mascara. If you like full lashes with volume (not extremely dramatic though) this is a good pick. It doesn't smudge on my, lasts all day (even on my bottom lashes) after wearing it all day, but it isn't a pain to take off.
The brush is quite big, and quite a lot of product comes out of the tube, so there might be some clumping, or lashes sticking to other lashes. I personally don't mind, I quite like that look.
It's a great mascara to have around!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2013 2:58:00 AM More reviews by vania28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I use this mascara at first is because it says it can "grow" the lashes. It doesn't help my lashes to grow like what I expected, but it stops "fallen" though(well at least not as much as it used to be). The brush is way too big for the lashes on the corner of the eyes. I only dislike the fact that it's so clumpy, I cannot re-apply it or correct it. An OK product with a fair price.