MAC Sheertone Blush in Blushbaby

4.5

on 9/26/2012 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this for myself for my wedding (NC20, dark brown hair, light brown eyes). It was suggested to me by the SA at a MAC counter and I felt compelled to buy it without really testing it first. I like blushes that give me a flushed, healthy "glow," but Blushbaby barely showed up on me. It pulled beige, and just looked dirty.

My mom is NW25ish, also brunette with light brown eyes, and Blushbaby looks spectacular on her. She ended up using it for my wedding, and she has this beautiful glow in all the pictures. It pulled pink and looked more rosy on her, like it's supposed to. This is like holy grail for her. So I personally won't use this or repurchase it, but I've seen that if you have the right coloring it can look beautiful!

on 9/12/2012 12:02:00 AM

Colour me surprised! For the longest time I stuck with clear pink blushes without any brown undertones. Baby pink or bright pink, it was all I wore. I always thought blush with a hint of tan or brown made me look sallow or dirty, especially as I am in the colour range of NC 15.

I guess tastes change over time and I asked the MAC MUA to put a bit of blushbaby on while I was shopping for eyeshadows. I love the colour. I don't think I look sallow at all. Blushbaby gives me the exact look that I get when I have been out doing fieldwork - windblown, slightly tanned, but with a nice hint of pink. Exactly like the wildchild that I am when I am on one of my adventures. Blushbaby is a bit more sheer than other colours that I have used but it is very buildable and blendable. The finish is matte, not powdery or obvious. The colour is understated and perfect for a polished but not screamingly made up look. Blushbaby goes well with so many eye and lip colours.

Try it! Blushbaby is a great blush.

on 8/7/2012 8:40:00 AM

Ahmmm. cute, but nothing special.
Very very natural - almost unseen, fade after 1 hour, Nice color but Too pricey for that quality.

EDIT*
still fade afrer few hours, but i love the color.

on 7/12/2012 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Blush... where to start? Honestly, used on bare skin (no foundation) before I had colored hair, this blush was fine by me. The color was understated and generally looked good throughout the day. This aside, since I have lighter/highlighter hair now (went from dark blonde to light/medium blonde) and wear foundation, I find this blush looks nuts. I can't exactly pinpoint what it is, but here are my thoughts on the whole situation. First, this blush has a muted color (versus a bright color). My natural haircolor had muted tones (ashy, sandy) and used to be a good match for this. Now, with brighter hair, this blush makes me look like I have blatantly obvious makeup and a dirty face. Second, in theory, I think brighter blush colors applied lightly look better overall. Many MUAers have commented on this and I've paid attention. In fact, a muted blush looks reassuring in the pan for buyers but you have to apply a lot to get a decent glow. By that time, you also look like a dirty cupcake face. Instead, a bright blush only needs a little dusting on and voila! Third, I find this blush kinda disappears throughout the day. For the price, I would prefer a product with better staying power.

Overall, I can understand why this has good ratings on MUA. Just make sure to not over apply and to check it out in natural daylight once in a while. Its just not for me right now and I'll update if I ever change my thoughts on it.

on 7/7/2012 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This blush looks very natural and since it's a sheertone its hard to overdo. On my Nc30-35 skin its looks really natural like I have no blush on. I don't use this by itself but instead I put it on and layer it with another blush and its soo pretty. I have used it everyday since I bought it and there's still plenty left in the pan so that's really amazing.

on 6/23/2012 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I was very excited to get this because I thought this would be IT. My HG blush..the blush to end it all. I'm on the never ending search for a blush that doesn't turn orange on me. I've tried lots of beige/pink colors and decided to give Blushbaby a go.
It comes in standard MAC blush packaging and retails 20$. Everyone else has described the color pretty accurately so I won't go there again.
First of all, it did end up turning my NC30-5, MUFE #125 (neutral undertones), NARS Punjab cheeks slightly orange. Not as bad as others but still noticeable to me.
Secondly, this is INCREDIBLY sheer. Must build it up to get a noticeable amount of color. Could be good or bad depending on your taste. Very natural looking and work friendly.
The staying power is straight up god awful in my opinion. I use primer, setting powder, etc. the whole nine yards and have never EVER have had a problem with a blush fading (from drugstore to MAC to NARS) on my normal skin type cheeks. When I looked in the mirror, I found patches of this blush on my face and was horrified. Back to the MAC store it went.

on 6/22/2012 12:38:00 PM

Love this blush!

I am quite fair (NC10-15), so the colour is rather darker than what I usually wear, but it is subtle enough because it's not too pigmented. I use this to contour my cheeks (bronzer or any brownish contour colour looks horrible and too harsh on me). I place it on the back of my cheekbones and work it towards the center of my face. I usually pair it with a brighter blush on the apples of my cheeks, which I blend back towards the contour.
It looks evry natural, because the blush is quite sheer, so the effect is very subtle and, therefore, hard to overdo.
Would definitely repurchase again.

on 6/10/2012 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was advised by a MAC makeup artist to try this color. I was skeptical, as it appeared too peachy for my red undertone/ruddy skin tone. It is just the right color to balance fair skin with red undertones. It goes with every lip and eye color I use. I tend to keep my makeup natural. LOVE THIS!!!

on 4/18/2012 12:43:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Blushbaby is my go-to blush that I use literally every day, as it's subtle and very flattering. It's a pinkish-beige shade that would flatter light to medium skin tones. I've tried different blushes, in search of "the one," and let me tell you, the search wasn't easy, mostly because I was clueless as to which shade would best flatter my skin tone (NC30). Most of what I've tried before was either too reddish, peachy or pink- nothing looked quite right. I wanted something natural and flattering that I could wear for all occasions. Enter Blushbaby. I searched MUA, and after an extensive google search, thought I'd give Blushbaby a try- SO glad I did! It felt like a "wow" moment the minute I saw how it looked on me; it was exactly what I was looking for...the middle ground between pink and beige- something muted, but not so beige it doesn't look like blush. I love that it's a sheertone blush, since it's buildable and so easy to apply. It's actually hard to over-apply, since it's very natural looking and not at all too bright or pigmented. This shade also pairs nicely with any makeup look, since it isn't over-the-top. It's a staple in my makeup bag.

on 4/11/2012 7:38:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I love these "sheer tone" powder blush's from MAC. They are more forgiving with placement and amount used: It's hard to over do them. This particular color "Blushbaby" is very universal for most skin colors exept the very darkest of skintones. It's totally neutral so when in doubt reach for this shade as it duplicates how skin naturally flushes w/color. The formula allows easy pick-up w/blush brush and ease of deposit: I like it started on the apples of the cheek and swept across the cheekbone. Whatever is leftover on the brush sweep across bridge of nose, temples and chin/jawline. This gives a natural flush/glow to these areas making the skin look young and healthy. This is also a very easily "buildable" color/formula. Start off subtle and add more where it might seem the need for more deposit. I don't know which is better: the sheer formula or the color itself. I think the combination of both makes it so sought after/formidable. Highly Recommended!!!

Popular Blush Products