LUSH Mint Julips Lip Scrub

4.3

Castor Sugar, Organic Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Vanilla Extract (Vanilla planifolia), Tagetes Oil (Tagetes minuta), Peppermint Oil (Mentha piperita), Limonene, Flavour. . . CASTOR SUGAR is very fine grain granulated sugar. . . This product contains NO Castor Oil.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

One little pot can last over six months, and it's so yummy!! This is one of my top five favorite Lush products. Really great for dry lips.

on 6/24/2013 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I know I could make my own lip scrub if I were feeling industrious, but I love the Mint Julips one from LUSH. It tastes fantastic - sweet minty chocolate. It comes in a cute little glass jar and doesn't get sticky or gross as I use it. I don't tend to ingest it when I use it, but I like that I could if I wanted to. It's coarse enough to do the job but not too rough on the lips. The price is decent when compared to other lip scrubs. I have not found one that I like more, including the more expensive ones I have tried. I have repurchased it and will probably continue to do so. The first one I bought lasted me a good six months, though I do not use it every day.

on 6/22/2013 12:22:00 PM

I recently purchased this lip scrub and have enjoyed using it. It is a cute little pot but not the most effective, I hate having to dig out the perfect amount and often use to much. I do enjoy that it leaves nice moisture on your lips, but not so much that it effects your lipstick application (as some chapsticks will). I also struggle with my pours around my lips getting clogged, because I wear so much lipstick and this really helps with that. I will use it twice a day if wearing a dark color. Unfortunately when I went to buy this product I was looking for the Sweet Lips, which they didn't have. I am not as fond of the Mint Julip texture, as it is more fine. Also the taste to for me is rather disgusting. So when saying I would repurchase, I would but probably try a different flavor. Luckily if you go to lush, they will happily let you try anything on, so you can choose for yourself!

on 6/16/2013 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I LOVE this! My lips were always dry and chapped but this buffed them to beauty! I think it's a little pricey for what it is though.

on 6/1/2013 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I always have chapped lips. I've tried using a dry soft toothbrush, and it just worked okay. $9.95 for a lip scrub IS silly. I decided to treat myself because of all the raves, so I gave in and forked out the cash. It will last a long time, even with nightly use. Its key to not have wet hands, it'll make the sugar hard and clump. I really this product. Its a mint chocolate flavor, which is alright- better than no flavor I suppose. Would not repurchase based on price, and also I think this one container will last!

on 5/31/2013 3:00:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I didn't like this the product it is messy and sticky, I suffer from dry lips anyway and this just made it a lot worse. It didn't really take the flakey bits of my lips it just plain made my lips massively dry. I won't be repurchasing this

on 5/29/2013 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I read that for some people this didn't seem to work, but for me, it's been amazing for my lips! I hate when I apply lipstick or even some types of gloss and you can see that my lips are uneven due to flakiness, but this scrubs them right away! I chose Mint Julep because I liked this scent best.
I agree it's priced a bit high, and IMO the packaging is a bit difficult to get the product out at the end, so I didn't give it 5 lippies. However, I'm happy with it and am going to pick up another one or two to keep in reserve.

on 5/15/2013 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I love this stuff. My favorite flavor out of the bunch. I'm not gonna front, you do get better exfoliation from a warm wet washcloth but its so much more fun using lush lip scrubs. Mint Julips smells so delicious and it taste even better even though I was one of those folks that thought it would be gross to lick it off lol. I would suggest using this daily as a maintenance product but don't depend on it for anything heavy duty. Totally unecessary but it does lift your spirits when you use it :)

on 5/5/2013 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This is a cute,pretty product to have. It tastes good, doesnt dry out my lips. But it doesnt make my lips as smooth as a boring homemade 'sugar + olive oil' scrub does, which is basically the purpose of a scrub. The sugar does cooagulate, it is messy. I dont see myself repurchasing it, I wont need to for a long time anyways.

on 4/25/2013 1:24:00 AM

Not impressed. The scrub doesn't really do anything for my lips, and I have really chapped lips. Even when I put it on just to exfoliate them, it doesn't make my lips as smooth as I would like and doesn't remove all the dry skin. It's also really messy, which is the party I dislike the most. It's messy and I get sugar on the floor, my pants, all over my hands, and it's just too much of a hassle for me to use. I really have to force myself to use it. The sugar particles in my jar also coagulated and now there are some stuck together blocks of sugar which is annoying. Would not repurchase.

Popular Lip Treatments