November 29, 2014 | 809 users online

Powder - Jane Iredale - Pure Pressed Base

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Kcstings

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So good I'm almost speechless! The previous review is spot-on!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by skylarbee4

My skin: mild kp around jawline, mild rosacea in cheeks and jaw, mild sun damage, hormonal breakouts but otherwise pretty clear, oily t-zone but normal everywhere else, and SENSITIVE!

Pros:
Refillable
SPF rated by American Cancer Society
No artificial preservatives
No fillers or FD&C dyes
Oil Free

Cons:
Price- although it's comparable to other mineral makeups that aren't nearly as good and that are diluted with fillers and other nasty stuff.

Part two of my HG foundation! I use the loose and pressed powders interchangeably for different looks. The pressed powder is slightly more sheer but can be built up to cover any extra redness- without going cakey. I use this as my concealer as well. The finish is also very matte. I use an oil control primer OR the JI BB cream (Glow Time in bb5) underneath this and it leaves my skin looking so natural yet it perfectly evens out my skin tone. It stays on throughout the day until I take it off at night- even if I'm sweating- as long as I'm not wiping my face constantly. And it does not make my skin break out- these powders are inert- no bacteria can grow in them! (So keep those brushes clean because that can be what is causing those breakouts!)

I love this makeup so much that I'll never buy any other foundation because of the simple fact that I can trust that these products are pure and clean and undiluted- they do what they're supposed to and they look great on my skin!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 12:47:00 PM More reviews by Janette4

Pros:
Great coverage without the heavy feeling
SPF 20
Easy to apply
Great packaging

Cons:
Price

I absolutely LOVE this powder! MY friend told me about it over a year ago and since this is the only one I have been using. Yes it's a little pricey but you really get your money's worth with this product! I love that I can wear it alone everyday or when I go out it's the only powder I use. It doesn't feel heavy and blends in great. I highly recommend you try it. I also haven't experienced any bad impact on my skin for using it. Not even when I forget to wash my face before bed, pimple free with this!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2013 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Misirlou1982

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Although this isn't very cheap, it's more than worth the price. I've been using this for months now and I love it. I have a sensitive skin and this doesn't irritate at all. Right now I'm using it in the color Bisque, which is neutral, but a little bit too pale for my NC 20- skin . So now I've ordered Warm silk, and hope this will suit me more (I'll write an update soon).

On lazy days when I don't have time to go for a full make-up look, i apply it with my mac 187 brush. This will give me light coverage, just enough to even out my skin tone and make it a little bit more matte after moisturizing. When I want more coverage I use my Sigma Flat Kabuki F80, but I always have to be careful that I don't apply to much because it may look to chalky. This way it will give medium coverage (you can still see some hard acne scars and red rosacea spots coming through). When I want to cover those spots I use a cotton swab, dip it in the powder and apply it on the spot. I can almost hide the spots that way, but I must also do this very carefully, because otherwise it' doesn't look naturally anymore (=you can obviously see in which places I wanted to "hide" a spot :)).

I don't think this an ideal foundation for people with (very)dry skin. I have an oily T-zone with some dry spots and although I moisturize my skin well before applying it, it looks powdery on those dry spots if I go for a medium coverage and also on my nose it sometimes does look a bit chalky (so yes: less is more on drier spots).

Does it last all day? On my oily skin= no, but then again : which make-up will? I'll still look better with this powder on, then without. Yes, after a day at work, my make-up doesn't look as fresh as in the morning and my pores are more visible, but I guess I just have to live with that... Or find a great primer that doesn't irritate my rosacea-skin (alle tips are welcome :)).

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2013 3:53:00 PM More reviews by clandestineyou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this for setting my Jane BB cream, or on its own. I have acne scaring so I find its not quite enough coverage by itself, but on my lazy days it works just fine! I also really do love the compact, it's really cute and makes it feel like such a posh product!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/20/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by LGinata

I have been using this powder for about a month now. It goes on easy and looks flawless, however every morning when I woke up after having the make up on my face was very red. I did wash it off every night. It wasn't a big deal and at first I thought it was how I was sleeping or something else as the make up covered all the red nicely. Then I decided to not use this make up for a few days and by day 2 the redness was gone. Some obviously some ingredient in it was irritating my sensitive skin. I suspect it might have been the Pinus Strobus (Pine) Bark Extract. Which is not in some of the other make up they have.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2013 3:16:00 AM More reviews by Geliney101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the daily-to-go make up essential for me.
I’m a religious user of 5 years, and this is the only foundation that doesn’t break me out even wearing it for almost 24 hrs. For acne or imperfect skins, you need 2 or 3 layers or concealers to create a flawless look. After using a few shades – Amber, warm sienna, bisque & light beige, light beige is the perfect shade for me. My skin is fair with cool tones. For new users, suggest you check out at the store with the consultant as they have too many shades to choose from. On the side note, this is very expensive in Singapore, and they are only available at selected salons. I usually order from Ebay – probably can save around S$20 if you order online.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 4:33:00 PM More reviews by MBROOKS425

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really love this product. I dont like "painting" my face with foundations and concealer, and was looking for something quick that would even out my skin tone and not break me out, and leave a nice finish. Its a tall order, but this product filled it. You definitely have to wear some sort of primer/sunscreen/lotion underneath. I use a SPF 35 everyday, so I would put a light layer on, and then use a kabuki brush to use the JI pressed powder. It helps cover all my spots/freckles/red/dark spots. I only needed minimal concealer on a blemish. My skin looked even, glowy,soft and natural- just like I wanted. The only downfall is the price! I used the pad inside the powder for the first month since I needed good coverage, and used the kabuski brush the second month. After only 2 months, I have started to hit the bottom pan :( I am going to re order the refill, which is cheaper than buying a whole new compact. Overall, great product. Younglood Also has great mineral pressed foundations as well for a bit less.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 1:58:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

In my ongoing search to replace my HG pressed powder foundation (EM), I have tried many many options and thought I had succeeded w/ Avon Smooth Minerals until about 1/2 thru, the product got hard = couldn't get any more out w/out digging!

ME: MAC = NC15; EM = Fairly Light; Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 hour = #100 Ivory; Revlon ColorStay = #150 Buff; Avon Smooth Minerals Pressed Foundation = T04 Nude. I'm in my mid 40s, slightly drier cheeks, slightly oiler t-zone, not super sensitive to breakouts, redness/slight rosacea on cheeks, nose, chin, several melasma spots.

This stuff does a decent job as far as pigment if applied w/ a flat top brush (I use either my EM or SK), but if I want to completely cover my melasma and redness, I have to go over those areas w/ my damp Beauty Blender sponge. I do not apply under my eyes as a liquid concealer or foundation works better there. Also, I find it goes on easier and more even if applied over a primer (I use monistat.)

Bisque is a nice match for me. I have since purchased the full size and I do like it, just wish I didn't have to do a 2 step process - I still miss my 1 step EM...:( I always set my MU no matter what I"m wearing but I did go 2 days w/out setting and I recall this foundation lasting about 8 hours w/ a need to blot my nose/chin 1x at 4 hours. W/ the UD = lasts from 6 am until 10:30 pm.

I put I would re-purchase, but not sure due to expense and the fact I have to apply in a 2 step process....I may continue to research/experiment....

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2012 1:44:00 AM More reviews by NudeBlush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great mineral foundation. Love the fact that's it's pressed powder. No more getting loose mineral dust on my clothes. It has medium coverage. Lasts throughout the day and easy to apply. I buff it in with a flat top brush. Will I buy again? Maybe if it weren't so pricey.