October 30, 2014 | 1724 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Xtreme Wear - Pacific Blue

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by dsqrd44

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Awesome color, it is what I think of when I picture summer. This bright blue is amazing the formula is rather thick so the nail polish could almost go on with one coat. I don't know if it is just the bottle that I got but the smell is TERRIBLE! I am pretty sure it is just my bottle though because no one else seems to notice any smell with their bottle. Sometimes this polish can bubble and clump but nothing a little careful application cannot fix.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2012 12:28:00 AM More reviews by Sarahgobe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is a great color for the summer. it is a bright blue electric purpley blue. you can easily get away with one coat but i always do two! let it dry really well between coats or else it will make weird little bubbles on the nail. i still love it! deff recommend

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2012 12:57:00 PM More reviews by mulletoftruth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

I absolutely fell in love with this color this summer, but didn't love the formula so I bought a few other versions in a similar hue. You can find swatches of this all over the place, but I'll add that it's a bright cyan blue with a touch of white that gives it a very slight purple tinge. I do find that some of that nuance is lost on the nail, however, and it dries darker than it looks in the bottle.

I ended up with Nails, Inc. Baker Street, Color Club Insta-This and Julep Taylor. Baker Street and Insta-This are nearly identical - both are bright cobalts but lack the whitish purple tinge so dry to a true blue hue. Taylor has more purple than Pacific Blue, taking it into blurple territory. It is my favorite of the bunch but not a dupe for SH.

I also bought Deborah Lippmann I Know What Boys Like, which in photo swatches looks like a similar shade. It's gorgeous, but a much darker version, and a true blurple. The formula is fantastic and unlike other blues, I was able to easily clean it off my cuticles and skin after application. However, being much darker, it doesn't quite fit into this category - I just wanted to add it here in case others are considering purchasing it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by peacelovepaws

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I selected YES for would you buy this product again because I have! This is a MUST have polish for any gals collection! It applies like a dream and the color is off the charts!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2012 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Quartersnpaints7

ABSOLUTLEY loooove this color! I have been looking for a blurple color for soo long but all i could ever find was these daaark colors that were almost black and I was getting soo frustrated so I got on ebay and looked around and found this and oh em gee I looove this color.. its everything ive been looking for.. I cant wait until i go to town so I can go to walgreens and buy like every bottle LOL

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 6:03:00 AM More reviews by DiscoverBeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a gorgeous blue! The pictures show it to be a cobalt blue, but in real life it has some hints of periwinkle/lavender in the color. I think that makes it a very wearable color, and can suit many kinds of skintones. It's very cheap, so what have you got to lose? Go and get yourself one!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2012 3:19:00 AM More reviews by Tresha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has been making the rounds on YouTube, so I grabbed a bottle. It showed up more purple than blue. I used it with my Sechevite topcoat which gives a lot of shine, but for some reason the matte color felt flat. Maybe I got a bad bottle. It's pretty, but I didn't fall head over heels for it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 6:32:00 AM More reviews by cheeky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a beautiful bright blue color, perfect for the summer. You only need one coat, but I always use two to ensure lasting power. I didn't like the size of the brush, but this polish still gets 5 stars from me. Inexpensive, pretty, and has a high shine. I need to try out more colors from this line.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2012 7:13:00 PM More reviews by makeupphd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Striking cobalt blue. I looked for a color like this for some time and was fooled by a few that looked like it in the bottle, but were off on the nail. It's just super opaque and almost neon, without being neon, and it has an undertone of purple under certain lighting which I really like. I use two coats and a top coat and it lasts about 3 days before starting to chip. It's not a very long lasting polish and when i start picking at my nails it very easily lifts, but if I can stop myself from messing w it, it lasts a whole week before looking totally raggedy (like most polishes I top off w a top coat of seche vite). If you've been on the hunt for a bright, true blue this is it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2012 6:45:00 PM More reviews by erin38

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the only shade of blue I've found that is true to color and that looks good on me. I usually use three coats to make it really pop. It's vibrant and makes a statement without shimmer or glitter which seems to be taking over many polishes. I always get compliments when I wear this color. It's also long-lasting and rarely chips; I've had this color on my toes for a little over a week with no chipping!

I gave Pacific Blue a median rating on price and packaging simply because lately I've been using the Wet 'n Wild MegaLast Salon Polish which is $1.99 and has a very easy to use curved brush. Other than those two things, this is one of my absolute favorite Sally Hansen polishes.