April 24, 2014 | 1880 users online

Concealers - Garnier - Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Jilly914

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I don't know how this product works, but it does. It comes in a nice little roller-ball applicator. It looks like a thin and very sheer concealer, but it quickly disappears into your skin and leaves no trace of color that I can see.

All that is left is a brighter eye area that really looks less puffy and dark bags are less visible. I like that it soaks in completely so that the liquid doesn't settle into fine lines or creases throughout the day.

I don't need any other concealers or coverage for my eye area with this stuff. It's really easy and fool-proof to use. I would buy this again and recommend to friends.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2013 2:13:00 AM More reviews by Katelrobs3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Big, BIG fan of this product. I should preface this review- I don't have THAT dark of under eye circles, they're noticeable but not extreme. That being said, I think this concealer is absolutely lovely for those that need a medium coverage of concealer under their eyes. I apply this with windshield wiping motions just below my eyes and pat in with my finger. Stays on great throughout the day and doesn't crease under my eye which has always been a problem with my pesky dry skin. Gives my face that "hey I'm awake!" look when in reality, I'm not at all. Will definitely repurchase when I run out!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by browneyessmiles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this daily and am onto my second purchase of this product. Though it doesn't have full coverage of dark under-eye circles, its incredibly easy to put on and blend. When I want to go with more coverage, I'll put my Bobbi Brown Corrector in light peach over this and then set using the Laura Mercier Secret brightening powder or my Revlon Nearly Naked powder in Light. I'm light and warm/yellow toned (NC20-25, C2 in MAC, Nars TM Alaska, Becca Camel) and the color works great for me. I will continue to buy this!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2013 8:59:00 AM More reviews by thelaurax

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought the fair/light version of this product. I have very dark circles and constantly look tired in the morning. While this product literally says it is intended for dark circle coverage, I wouldn't use this for anything other than the most minimal coverage job. It is a liquid formula and comes out very sheer. The rollerball feels nice gliding on, but does not blend the product at all and looks an unnatural orang-y streaky color. You have to go back with your finger or a brush to make it look natural, and then once all is said and done it doesn't cover the dark circles. Looking forward to getting the industrial strength concealer I really wanted that I should have bought in the first place.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Niliak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is one of my favorite undereye concealers. It does not crease throughout the day and it is very easy to blend. I don't really like the packaging though cuz it's not very hygienic. But other than the packaging I love this stuff.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2013 8:30:00 AM More reviews by waldorfwannabe

This product is a bit meh. It tends to oxidise and turn orange, but is easy to apply and blend. Coverage is ok. I have a feeling that the packaging means a lot of product goes to waste.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by gobecky

I like this concealer.

I keep it in my purse. Just in case I need a last minute touch up.

That being said, I also use it most days instead of my Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place concealer. It is light, easy to use and NEVER RUNS OUT! Seriously -this thing lasts FOREVER!

It gives light coverage that is easily spreadable, but not buildable. I hope that makes sense!
Good product for the price. Not sure about how much it combats any puffiness, etc...

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2013 1:35:00 AM More reviews by ohhhleslie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Meh, there's better stuff out there to cover dark circles. For what you're getting, I think this product is expensive. It's sheer coverage and can somewhat be built up, but beware: this product creases like craaaazyyy!! It makes me look 10 years older. For reference, I am NC20 in Mac and the "fair" color looks kinda weird orange under my eyes but if blended out it kinda goes away. I only use this if I'm gonna go out for a quick errand , otherwise I use Mac's pro long wear concealer which is MUCH better

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by mspaigie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

BEWARE super pale skinned beauties! I bought this after seeing how brightening it was on other girls on youtube. I have fair skin and this product only added darkness to my undereyes. It was cooling, which is why I gave it 2 stars, but I can not use this product because it is too orange. I can't even use this when I am tan. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by nreid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

PROS
- non-creasing (doesn't require powder to set; doesn't migrate into lines)
- medium coverage
- easy-to-use, clean rollerball applicator
- buildable coverage
- long-lasting
- blends easily
- non-drying
- no mica or "sparkles"
- no obvious scent

CONS
- can be expensive
- only two shades (restricted to fair-skinned people only)

Truthfully, I was pleasantly surprised by this product. I received the Light shade for free with customer points from Shoppers Drug Mart, at which this concealer normally retails for CAD $15.99 (though I have seen this retailing in other stores for as much as CAD $19.99). Aside from the expensive price tag, I was a bit put off by the warning on the warning label on the back of the bottle that cautions users the product is flammable until it dries. Can't say I've seen that one on too many products before...

As someone with hereditary dark circles that are a light reddish-mauve with a blue tint to the skin in the inner corners of my eyes, I didn't actually expect this product to diminish my circles in any way. They're there, and there's no getting rid of them no matter what I might wish. So this product's claim that it will make the eyes look brighter in one week? That's definitely a claim to be taken with a rather large grain of salt.

Aside from the doubtful claim above, is the product actually effective in concealing? Definitely. I was impressed with how well it actually concealed my circles using a small amount of product. I apply it to the entire under eye area, as well as to the inner corners of my eyes. It blends into my skin easily and matches my skin tone rather impressively without making the area under my eyes look too light. And although it dries and sets soon after applying, it stays put and doesn't migrate into my under eye lines over the course of the day. (I have always had lines under my eyes, and ANY product will settle into those lines to some degree, though this concealer has a better ability to stay exactly where I applied it compared to the dozens of other concealers I've tried). The pigmentation isn't heavy, but this actually makes the coverage buildable (I've actually applied two to three thin layers and still not had an issue with it gathering in my lines too much).

The texture seems almost watery at first, which made me think it might not be easy to blend. But it's surprisingly fluid when applied and when patting/pressing it into the skin, making it easy to blend. There is no scent that I could detect. I also didn't find that it irritated my eyes in any way, despite the odd warning on the bottle.

Where the packaging is concerned, I can see how the rollerball applicator could be annoying to some people. If you prefer to use a brush to apply your product, the package design is not going to make that easy. Also, I could see how the design with the rollerball might make the bottle prone to leaking if taken aboard an airplane, which I've seen happen with perfumes in rollerball bottles.

I would buy this product again, but only if it's on sale. As effective as it is in terms of concealing and ease of use, I don't think it's worth the higher price, especially for a down-market drugstore concealer.