July 30, 2014 | 1855 users online

Other - Crest - 3D Professional Effects White Strips

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2012 6:42:00 AM More reviews by Shiorin

I'm not sure if I'm impressed with this product...I did see difference with my teeth after 3 days of using the strips but after that the difference is hardy noticeable. I haven't gone through the whole treatment though because they make my teeth extremely sensitive!
The sensitivity is so insane that I have to take painkillers which sometimes don't even work. I only use them 1-2 times a week and after I remove the strips the pain starts.
I am not sure yet if the pain is worth going through since I still have 5 strips to go.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2012 1:23:00 PM More reviews by dezichan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Have used half of my first box of these. At this point, my teeth have not whitened to the point I can really notice. (Also using the Crest 3D White toothpaste with this and do one strip packet a day for 30min) My box is fine exp date wise until 2013, but I wonder if it's somehow a dud. I have had NO sensitivity at all besides the very first strip on my bottom teeth. I had a sudden jolt of pain in one of my teeth and that was it. It's weird to me since everyone here pretty much says how it causes their teeth to hurt.

UPDATE: Finished box and nothing changed. What a disappointment.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2012 12:46:00 PM More reviews by CristabelJ

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

THIS STUFF WORKS!

EVERYONE I know has given me compliments on how white my teeth look, the difference is undeniable, my teeth are sooo pearly white now, I used to have yellowish teeth from drinking coffee and soda every single day, I decided to quit caffeine and whiten my teeth I can honestly say these strips work magic, If you are hesitant cause of the price I suggest you buy them because these strips will give you professional results for ONLY $40, seems like a lot but when you compare it to professional whitening its a bargain!, Recommend!

Sidenote: YES, it will make your teeth very sensitive but this is temporary and will go away as soon as you finish the treatment!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2011 11:53:00 PM More reviews by everythingblack

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have tried so many whitening products (things I didn't want to spend much money on) and nothing has worked......until these. I had a coupon for 10.00 off so I ended up paying about 45.00 at Walgreens. I am SO pleased with these and I am only half way through the 20 treatments in the box. My teeth are finally white and this is after years of drinking red wine and soda. I don't smoke or drink coffee, but I think these would work great even if I did. The very best part about these strips is that there is no taste whatsoever. WOW what a huge surprise this was! They stick like crazy - it is actually hard to pull them off and that is applying them to wet teeth. I have experienced sensitivity with other products, so I was really skeptical about having a LOT of sensitivity with this since they are the professional effects product. To counteract this I purchase the Crest toothpaste made for sensitive teeth (which is supposed to work immediately). I started using it the same day as the whitestrips and I have had no sensitivity at all. I am so amazed with these and can't say enough about them. I would frown on the price, but because they work so well, I am happy to pay the 55.00 bucks! I just hope when I stop using them the effects will last a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2011 10:55:00 AM More reviews by amanda1313

Suck up the pain and buy it! You will have gorgeous, white teeth! I can't wait to buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2011 1:41:00 AM More reviews by kaylanault

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Started with vivid - used twice daily and have three packages left to use. Noticed a difference within a few days. Vivid is much much cheaper than Professional Effects where I purchased my strips. Went back to same store for something else and passed by the whitestrips again thinking to myself I would love to kick it up a notch and get the Professional Effects strips. They are amazing! I have sensitive teeth to begin with and *have* noticed a mild discomfort here and there so far (after using two PE strips - once daily for 30 minutes). It's almost like a tiny throb at the bottom edge of a few teeth. It *does* go away like Crest says. I should mention that I smoke cigarettes daily. My teeth were never yellow per-se but they definitely weren't white. The PE strips vs. Vivid - Vivid does not come with advanced seal, although it is still easy enough to use for amateurs. I am an amateur :P It does result in tasting a weird sweet gel and I was drooling at first. Professional Effects strips don't even feel like they have a gel - it's almost like putting a strong, thin and clear tape on your teeth for 30 minutes and forgetting about it! No taste or discomfort. I might use the rest of the strips daily until next week when I will start to use them every second or third day. By that time my teeth will be unnaturally white. These strips really do work!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2011 3:34:00 AM More reviews by ilec

Ok, I finished the whole box and these do not work at all. i dont see any difference. Its quite easy to use so i gave it one extra lippie but its annoying that I have to keep it on for 30 mins each time. I won't be buying again! Oh and a few times i was in great pain with the sensitivity.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2011 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Janet72285

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

These are AWESOME! My HG of at home whitening products. These really are the next best thing to having your dentist do a treatment. When I purchased them I was sceptical about the effectiveness. I had tried other strips and trays in the past with less than stellar results. They are easy to apply and stay on well esp if you dry your teeth with a tissue first. they dont have a taste and are soft and comfortable. There is some discomfort due to the high peroxide level but without it they wouldnt be as effective. Whats a little pain for beauty anyway? Lol If you have sensitivity (like I do) they can be worn every other day and still work just as good. I love their whole 3D line and use their paste and mouthwash as well. I reccomend using all 3 together. Your smile will be whiter than you ever thought it could be. I just wish they were cheaper but I will continue buying them anyway cause they are worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by MiaMore84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've used the Advance VIVID and this Professional's line and the Professionals DEFINITELY whitens better. I saw results within the first few days. YES it does make your teeth very sensitive BUT if you use Sensodyne toothpaste it makes it soo much better! And it is a bit expensive compared to other whitening kits but it's worth it cuz it works and it certainly beats a $500 treatment at the dentist chair for pretty much the same results! I'd definitely buy the Professionals again. But if the sensitivity bothers you than I'd recommend the VIVID instead. It's a little less harsh but takes a little longer for results so it's up to your judgement. My favorite part about the Crest whitestrips is that it seals PERFECTLY and doesn't slip or slide on your teeth. It fits comfortably and I can just put it on and forget about it for half an hour. I'd totally buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2011 1:24:00 PM More reviews by alexa94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

5 lippies (it should be toothbrushes in this case lol) for Crest Professional Effects!!! I paid 29.99 for a pack of 40 strips (20 top, 20 bottom) off eBay. It's pretty safe buying them on eBay, I've never had problems, just make sure the buyer states the expiry date.

I've used Crest Advanced Vivid a few months prior and they were great, totally worked and made a difference, but I wanted more whiteness because they weren't WHITE WHITE. They were in pretty bad shape beforehand, I had braces for just under 2 years and found it difficult to brush, and when I had them removed my teeth were stained, especially the teeth at the sides, straight as a pencil etc, but YELLOW.

Now, I would NOT recommend Professional Effects if you have sensitive teeth in any way, shape or form. These will be the bain of your life. I'd recommend Gentle Routine for sensitive teeth, I personally haven't used Gentle Routine but it's by Crest and Crest has been totally successful with Advanced Vivid and Professional Effects so I'm guessing the rest of the range is A+ too.

I've so far used 8 strips so have 12 strips left. Let me just say this, my teeth are WHITE!!! And I mean, WHITE. My dad has told me I shouldn't make them any whiter because they'll look too fake, so maybe I'll stop for a while (maybe.... I'll no doubt keep going and finish the pack by next week lol) but I am so completely over the moon with the results. One negative is that just recently, I have experienced some blister type sores above one of my teeth on the right hand side. Although, I think this is because I've had the strip too far up, I do genuinely think it's my fault, so I'm not going to blame the product so much. I have a little sensitivity, but I've been using these things TWICE a day, not once a day, so I expected the worse really and it's not been bad at all.

I've decided to give up the fizzy drinks and stick to water and green tea (I cannot and will not give up the tea lol!!) so I can keep my teeth as white as possible for as long as I can..... Let's see how long it lasts haha. Good luck to anyone who decides to try these, you won't be disappointed and it WILL make quite the difference! I have heaps more confidence when it comes to my teeth now. Hope someone finds this review helpful. :-)