April 20, 2014 | 1880 users online

Fragrances - Elizabeth Arden - ardenbeauty

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2004 8:59:00 AM More reviews by magnificent

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Sorry ladies, but this scent stinks. Catherine Zeta-Jones looks pretty good, but the "Ardenbeauty stuff" is AWFUL. I hate marine notes. This was a modern perfumer idea some years ago (ESCAPE, Sunflowers, New West etc.) to put fishy-marine/ozonic/watery scents into perfumes. They put this stuff also into household-cleaner... For me: A big NO-NO.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2004 8:08:00 PM More reviews by frenchlibrarian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I must really love this fragrance since I have just bought my third bottle today.It is fresh,floral and has marine undertone (due to the living rice)and a hint of spicyness that I love (thanks to the sandalwood,white amber and musk).It has a very clean aroma that I find very complimentary with my chemistry.My husband absolutely likes this one.
I have noticed though that this fragrance appeals more to a 20-40 crowd.It is on my short list!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2004 6:38:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a fresh, clean, and sharp scent, but it's still pretty. Yes, it does have an aquatic note- but after testing it more, it doesn't turn weird on me. Refreshing - great for hot days (like it is now) and it reminds me of a vacation. It does have a slight metallic, salty drydown but none of the 'melon' of Sunflowers. I think it's also kind of similar to Mary Kay's Embrace Harmony. That is also one of the softer aquatics. I think I have gotten used to the rice flower smell, thanks to some nice lotion I got from the Netherlands that had rice flower in it. The living rice flower does have an aquatic smell. All in all, if I hadn't grown very tired of marine/aquatic fragrances, I would still have this fragrance, but I am tired of almost all of them, so I gave this one away.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2004 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Wynter_Z

A nice smell, but I can tell at a sniff it won't work on me. Kinda reminds me of apples. Pretty smell.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2004 11:38:00 PM More reviews by deliah008

Got it as a GWP. Has sharp floral scent. A bit nauseous to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2004 6:15:00 PM More reviews by glacier_girl

I got a sample of this from the counter, loved it loads! Got it super cheap at TJ Maxx and with a free body lotion. It has a light floral fragrance that is very distinctive. Used with the body lotion, it is very effective and long lasting.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2004 5:06:00 PM More reviews by astamm62

one of nicest of arden fragrances.very soft light scent.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2004 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Dzehague

I really like this perfume. It is classified as a green floral fragrance, with some weird ingredients I have never heard of ( living rice flower? living gingerlily? Rubrum Lily? )But they blend together beautifully. I love wearing this. It makes me feel feminine and girly. People comment that it smells really pretty. It kind of reminds me of a lush garden after a summer rain. I love the bottle too, very elegant. Have taken one lippy off, because it can be a bit strong. One spray is enough! Will buy Arden Beauty again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2003 11:04:00 PM More reviews by puckerup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Haven't bought it yet but I plan to give it to myself for Christmas. I love it! I usually spray my mother's whenever I visit her house. It has staying power and enough of a smell that you don't have to keep sniffing to figure out if you can smell it or not.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2003 8:28:00 PM More reviews by lisavegan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just loved this when I first had a whiff of this...it is so light and fresh, very "wearable" and feminine. I like the fact that it is a floral with some nice spicy undertones - not overly sweet or young. If you want something spicy and sultry pick something else but for someone my age (I'm 30) this is a scent I love. Try it!