MAC Lipglass - Lovechild

4.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

All signs were saying Lovechild lipglass would work for me. A high product review rating and a MAC SA telling me it would be good for me. She wasn't the type to lie, either. I find this lipglass to not be my taste, I would describe it as being MLBSB - My Lips But Slightly Better. And pearlier. That may be misleading - Lovechild may not be slightly better. It doesn't have enough color to pop. I'm of the opinion that it makes my Asian skintone look yellower.

Not buying this again and as soon as I get a chance, I'll return it to Nordstrom. Thank goodness for their flexible return policy.

Love child has turned into my everyday lipgloss for me and I love it because it's so versatile, I can easily add another gloss on top to change it up a little. I'd describe it as a darker sister to Viva Glam V with very fine gold shimmers in it. Beautiful med rose pink. Will repurchase. Love to reapply it throughout the day. NC 42 GGG/DDD.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This doesn't work for me, I'm an Asian NC25-30 and this lipglass makes me look more yellow. If I was more fairskinned, Lovechild might work for me. It's a light pinkish - mauvish - goldish tone. I like the packaging, but this color is not for me.

This is my favorite lipglass color! I use it as my everyday lip gloss. It's the perfect pink for me. I'm part asian with light to medium skin and I always have a hard time finding the perfect shade of pink. Its more of a light mauvey pink on me and it looks great with any shade of eyeshadow. Love it!

Never thought I would buy a dark purple lipgloss but this one you have to see on before you can make a decision. It is not as dark on compared to what it looks like in the tube. I used this over MAC's Plum Dandy lipstick with Velvetella lip liner and it looked beautiful. I have very very fair skin and this did not look too dark at all on me.

Not a fan. I prefer MAC's more sheer and soft glosses. This was too pigmented and way too dark for me. Every time I decide to try I dark gloss I hate it. Silly me.

3months ago, i was looking for a lipglass in mac counter. the MA suggested lovechild but when she put this on my lips, i said a BIG NO! i purchased plushglass in posh it up instead. back to my lovechild, i went to the mac counter last weekend to look again for a new lipglass and again, the MA suggested this one. well, this MA is not the same MA who offered me the same shade 3months ago. i said no and then i picked up other shades. when i didnt like anything that time and was about to leave, i realized, since im there already, why not give it another try? so, when i put it on to my lips, i actually LOVE it! i fell in love with it. it is such a nice color. and im using it now everyday. im crazy!!! by the way, for reference, i am NC40, asian.

I love this product the colours are amazingthe down side is it doesnt have staying power.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really wanted to like this, but it looked muddy and gross on me. I was hoping for a plum color with some gold shimmer, but it ended up being greyish mauve. I'm an NC20, but I've tanned a bit, so I don't know... maybe it would look better on someone lighter? I'm not sure, since it definitely washed me out.

Me: Neutral LLL, Brown Hair & Eyes. This is a perfect classic neutral goes-with-everything polished lipgloss on me !!! Love it !!! I have quite pigmented lips and this is a plum-berry colour (a shade or two darker than my lips) with subtle gold shimmer on me. Although it is a little sticky, it has great lasting power and leaves a subtle tint to my lips once it has worn off. The one major failing is the packaging - it looks cheap and tacky (even though it is AU$32, not cheap!). Also, the applicator is difficult to work with, it picks up too much product- you need to be careful when applying as it is a thick pigmented gloss, if you apply too much or it is uneven it looks horrid.

Recommended for Medium Skin