September 22, 2014 | 1816 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Fusion

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by jennarock11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Don't buy this. First of all, the formula dries out so quickly that it's impossible to have only one tube for like a month. It just gets so dry. It doesn't coat my lashes well at all, it doesn't do anything significant to make them more voluminous or lengthy, and the brush is so big that it is just a hassle to use. I guess some people like this mascara a lot, but I am not one of those people.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2013 9:23:00 PM More reviews by evillittlekitten

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm not particularly faithful to any mascara (still looking for my unicorn!) but I generally try to keep Last Blast Fusion handy for when my latest acquisition doesn't pan out.

I have very light lashes. They're not long, but they're not short. They're not super plentiful, but I'm not bald. Really, about the only thing they do well is curl.

So what I'm looking for is something that makes my lashes darker, longer, and more "voluminous" (which is, incidentally, the only word my SO knows how to use to describe my makeup -- "Your lashes are so...voluminous!" "Your lips are so...voluminous!" -- but I digress). In other words, I want something that lengthens, volumizes, and separates. (Like I said, unicorn.)

Last Blast Fusion, then, is something that does all of these things, oh, about 75% or so.
(OK, let's be math geeks and say 80%, since I'm giving this 4 out of 5 stars?) My lashes look longer, but they're not fluttery. My lashes look thicker and are generally separated, but they're not exactly wondrous "fans" of lashes that I lust for, either. The mascara is...OK. Pretty good, even, when you take into account that the mascara is otherwise low-maintenance -- no spatters on my lid, and no flaking/smearing through the day.

But it's still not my HG.

That all said, by my calculations, 80% across the board > any of the "idiot savant" mascaras I find myself using (by which I mean EXCELLENT at one thing but HORRIBLE EFFIN' MESS at another). Hence why I keep a tube of this at all times.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Vixes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Yes, other mascaras are more volumizing or more lengthening, but this is the one I always reach for. Why? I couldn't tell you. This does offer a good amount of length for my tiny, short lashes, and it does give them some curl and volume. The best way to describe this mascara is that it looks like you're wearing mascara in the most natural way - and I am not a "natural lash" kind of girl. I like this mascara, it doesn't clump on me, and if I need extra volume or anything like that, it's easy to layer. I prefer it over all the other Lash Blast formulas (though the Clump Crusher is great too). Honestly, it's not 5-star material, but it's become an HG for me somehow, so it gets the extra star from me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2013 6:56:00 PM More reviews by graciem4298

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pro- It lengthens beautifully in just one stroke
Pro- It adds a curl when you stroke it right
Pro- The color is dark and bold
Pro- Does not have too dark or glossy and/or dry of a color where it makes you look like you've gone goth!
Pro- Packaging is nice
Pro- The wand will reduce clumping by 60%- 95%

Con- Not buildable; only exceeds a certain length
Con- If used too much, it will look very volumized but will clump if you overuse

OVERALL- a nice product for someone who is starting out with mascara, or for someone who wants a look to make your eyes pop, but not look like false lashes.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by hiigherlearning

Ehhh. I wanted to like this. I have a friend who swears by it and her lashes always look awesome, but for whatever reason it just wasn't that spectacular for me. My lashes are decently long and thick but all this really did was define them and add a little volume.. definitely not the va va voom status I was hoping for, even with two coats. I don't curl my lashes so I can't comment on that aspect. Didn't smudge or run, flakes a tiny bit but nothing terrible.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2013 3:53:00 PM More reviews by anacelia13

I like this mascara. It makes my lashes longer and gives volume like its supposed to do. The brush is kinda big in my opinion and the formula is a little bit on the dry side but overall i think this a good mascara and does what its supposed to do.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2013 2:15:00 AM More reviews by rachael983

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I already have very long, thick and dark lashes and all other mascaras would make me look like a clown. This mascara really does give a more natural and practical look and it is exactly what i was looking for. Im very new to makeup so this product is a total win for me!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by jdhorrorshow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I had wanted to try the original Lash Blast but this seemed like it would be better since it says it combines lengthening plus thickening. It's ok, like many say it gives a more natural look... which unfortunately is not what I was going for. I have to lay it on pretty thick to get any results. The formula is dry yet it never really "sets" and dries on your lashes, which is actually a good thing.. your lashes stay kinda flexible and natural looking. All in all, I've decided not to return it and will use it up. However, when I'm done, I'm done... I won't be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by Shauneexo

This is just a clumpy, runny mess!!!! Does nothing but give me about three giant, triangular unilashes. Plus, about halfway through the day, it gives you raccoon eyes. Awful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaJo19

LOVE this mascara! One of my absolute favorites. I love the brush and formula. Compared to other mascaras I feel this gives eyelashes a more natural look compared to the dramatic look. Darkens, volumizes and lengthens a bit. Best thing about this is how it never clumps! The bristils are small and seperates lashes nicely.