October 21, 2014 | 1044 users online

Lip Gloss - Revlon - Super Lustrous in Coral Reef [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2011 12:42:00 AM More reviews by anarchotics

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

This is one might-ay fiiine lipgloss! I didn't know if I would like it at first because when I tried it out at the drugstore my face was a teensy bit yellow from this turmeric mask I did (yes, I went out in public with a pretty noticeable yellow stain on my face---the horror!) And because coral reef isn't an orange-coral (instead, it's a pink-coral) it looked a bit off. I went home and didn't particularly like it until seven months (!) later when my skin was paler and had less issues (damn you, acne, your soul shall perish in the fire pits of the underworld) it looked really nice. The milkiness of the gloss helped to enhance milky skin, if that made any sense. Earlier when I had shitty skin, the milkiness of the gloss just made my skin look worse. ALSO, I have this NYX round lipstick in Very Berry, it's a really dark, special-occasions-only type lipstick that's like, halfway between dark berry and black and I wanted to make it more everyday-wearable so I tried blotting and then layering it with this lipgloss and it came out as this gorgeous rose-fuschia-pinky-brown colour. INSANE. OH and the packaging is great! Really simple and classy and the square shape makes it easy to open, unlike the stupid MAC lipglasses which are so slippery and round and annoying.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2011 8:18:00 PM More reviews by majorbummmer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i bought this because i love another one of revlon's super lustrous glosses, pink pop, so i thought why not? the color is gorgeous, and i can't wait to wear it for spring. it's a nice coral with some pink in it. it's pretty pigmented actually, which is good, because i hate lip glosses that just give me a tint of color. lots of people don't like the smell, but it doesn't bother me much. i can't smell it while wearing it.
    however, the formula on this one seemed a lot different than the one for pink pop. coral reef was a lot stickier than pink pop, for one. which i don't mind too much, as it helps the gloss last longer (and this gloss lasts for a looong time without fading). it also felt a bit...stiffer? it didn't glide onto my lips very easily. so that was weird.
    overall, it's a nice gloss, but not as good as pink pop from the same line.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2011 2:23:00 PM More reviews by Fiache

I wouldn't repurchase this particular shade Coral reef. I was NC42 while I was using this one and it just didn't work out great. It didn't show up too much and I have quite rosy lips from the start. It has a nice creamy texture, but smell is so strong in transfers into the mouth, a taste I have very difficult to ignore. (strong medical taste).
    It's not the worst lipgloss I tried.. so I would not refuse to try the other shades. I think this shade just didn't suit me.
    UPDATE: I bought the Nude one cause I wanted to see if it was the color or the texture that bothered me. I don't use them a whole lot. But I realized it's the heavy thick texture, and I can't really explain this but it makes my throat react somehow. Strange.
    I will use them up, and then I'll try something new!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2011 6:15:00 PM More reviews by Ehrial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The packaging looks very classy, and the fact that the lid snaps into place when you twist it shut lets me know that it's not going to leak all over my purse. The colour is absolutely beautiful :D the perfect coral in my opinion. Personally, I think it's a better choice as a summer color but, throwing it on in the winter makes me feel like it's summer :) You have to make sure that your lips are well exfoliated before putting this on because any bumps will show. My ONLY problem with this product is its rating on the EWG Skin Deep website, it has a lot of chemicals in it which is the only reason that I would be hesitant to re-purchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2011 2:52:00 PM More reviews by kristin_dee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Although I love the consistency of this gloss and have other colors, this color looks horrible on me! I should have known better, coral colors aren't me!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2011 10:00:00 PM More reviews by Bobo348

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Perfect lip gloss that I don't have to use lipstick with it. It very pigmented and not sticky at all. Of course, you will need to reapply it more often. I love this color, it looks hot and bright. I would not wear this during the winter, it is a perfect color for spring or summer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2011 10:20:00 AM More reviews by everysunflower

I am constantly reaching for this gloss. Since the day I bought it, it's been my favourite way to bring a punch of colour to my lips against my tanned skin. This is saying a lot, because I have a *huuuge* lipgloss collection, with the majority of it being pinks and corals. This gloss, like the rest of the Revlon Super Lustrous line, is great quality, great pigmentation, better-than-most staying power, and makes my lips look plumper. The colour is a perfect depiction of coral in my books - a perfect mix of orange and pink. I love the felt-tip applicator wand, it's easy to apply it thinly - the formula is quite creamy so you don't need to pack it on your lips. The scent is fine and doesn't linger. There's no shimmer, and it's non-sticky. The packaging is sleek and actually looks high-end to me. I paid under $7(CAD) for it. This is a favourite, and will certainly be repurchasing again and again!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2011 11:53:00 PM More reviews by cadbury

I received this product as a gift and it wasn't until much later I saw all the love and hype this gets here on MUA.

On my lips it looks exactly as it does in the tube, an opaque, creamy yet clear pink coral. On me it is definitely pink; the orange tones don't show up on me

-It has no scent or taste
    -The bottle is sealed quite tight and only allows one use of gloss on the doe foot applicator, so there is never any mess, and nothing is wasted. Aside from that the look of the packaging is simple, not cheap or expensive.
    -It is long lasting
    -It brightens up my face and is such a pretty color particularly for the perfect fresh spring look

I love the color and effect so much I have been looking for a lipstick just like it! I hate eating or drinking with gloss on, and hair can get stuck to it, etc

This is the only product I own that I want to buy a back up for, because I never want to run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2011 10:37:00 PM More reviews by MilkBar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Amazing, vivid color. Just a little bit will give you that fresh pink lip that brightens up your complexion and makes your eye color stand out (esp true for green eyes). This is easy to build up or use just to add a bit of brightness to lips. I am crazy about this color, it is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for! And this color is not only trendy now but it also makes you look less tired, younger and sexier. Wow all that for 8 bucks!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2011 9:16:00 AM More reviews by MissJulie89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

What other praises can I sing that no one else has sung about this gloss? I bought into the hype, and this stuff is hyped up for a REASON. What an incredibly gorgeous little thing this is. It's absolutely perfect for my fair-medium, neutral-warmish skintone. It's very pigmented, especially for a lipgloss, which leads me to my only con: it can be too pigmented if not toned down with a tissue or something, because when it's not toned down, it looks too orangey. Other than that, it alone over chapstick brightens up my face. Plus, it goes PERFECTLY with my favorite Milani Luminous blush! My whole face is flushed with the perfect peach-pink glow with that combo. And top it all off with some Revlon Demure polish, it's beautiful! I'll definitely be purchasing this gloss again when I run out. ^^