December 18, 2014 | 1638 users online

Toners - Jurlique - Rosewater Balancing Mist

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2008 9:24:00 PM More reviews by miss_galiano

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm mostly disturbed by the amount of alcohol in this product. In Australia where I live, and where these products are made, the sun is extremely strong. As I have fair skin I often get sunburnt just hanging out my washing or waiting for the bus, so I don't want to be spraying alcohol on my skin to aggravate it further. Everyone should know that applying alcohol to your skin before sun exposure is a big no no as it can cause hyperpigmentation. But who wants it anyway? This is supposed to be hydrating and alcohol has quite the opposite effect.

I think this is one of those products which feels good initially but long term doesn't do much good and I have noticed after using it regularly that my skin seems to be kind of dried and tightened on the surface.

It does smell very very nice, but I don't think it gives much benefit to the skin and it is a very basic composition. I do notice that the lavendar hydrating mist is good to clear up acne very quickly in the short term, but i don't think it is the best thing in the long term.

There are other floral water sprays from other brands which do not contain alcohol, for example Simplicite skin care. Here in Australia there are so many high quality brands of organic skin care but people don't know of them, especially overseas because Jurlique is tone of the only ones that has gained recognition and a big place in department stores.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2008 8:26:00 AM More reviews by frauschnitzel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I adore this stuff. It's my dermatological ambrosia. It's the product that gets me through summer without looking like a drowned rat and/or wretchedly breaking out. While I tend to use it more frequently as a general all-round refreshing spritz rather than a toner specifically, I do consider it an multi-purpose product. Because this stuff is so soothing and gentle, I find this works particularly effectively for rehydration whilst traveling, softening/clarifying, setting and refreshing make-up, and for refreshing and alleviating redness and irritation in drippy humidity. When my skin is at its most distressed and sensitive, whether going from the spotty greasy extreme to the flakily dehydrated and fragile, this and Jurlique's Calendula Cream are the only things I can use without creating further aggravation. I know a lot of people consider it a waste of money given its basic configuration, and I wasn't impressed when the price was bumped up when Jurlique re-packaged their whole range, but this remains one of my unchanging sensitive-skinned concessions to decadence.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2008 11:38:00 AM More reviews by tammy000

It is OK. Cool spray, but the smell is a bit too strong.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2008 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Maximina

This is addictive. It's one of those products that probably does nothing for you, but smells so nice and is so refreshing mentally that it is worth every penny. I was told to use this instead of a moisturizer before getting my makeup professionally done for my wedding day. It's somewhat moisturizing and is a good hold-over until I get to the makeup artist's chair. So, because of this I bought it and now use it as part of my skincare regimen (after cleansing but before moisturizing) or as a wake-up spritz in the morning after splashing water on my face or as a night-time refresher before getting into bed. Needless to say I need the big bottle. It's a delightful product which is now an essential for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2008 11:38:00 PM More reviews by pinkvanilla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this product although I do not use it for a toner as I don't think it's effective enough for that.

But it is a great refresher. It is also great to use it to set mineral makeup! It smells gorgeous and makes my skin feel so soft!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2008 2:57:00 AM More reviews by honey112101

I love love love this product!!!

This is a great refresher, I love using this to set my mineral makeup.
Then there is the added bonus of smelling like you've just slept in a bed of fresh rose petals :)

The spray head is of the utmost quality, meaning that if you hold it about 3 inches from your face and spray it, a fine mist is delivered equally.

The packaging gets a 4 from me because glass bottles are kinda scary to use in the bathroom, especially with little chidren running around. Surprisingly, I was the one who dropped the bottle on the floor :( I can't tell you how much relief swept over me when the bottle didn't break :) :) :)

It is a lil pricey, but I do think it is well deserved. I've been using this product for a couple of years now and haven't found anything that I like better.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2008 7:34:00 PM More reviews by Dagne7

This is a nice spray that does provide some hydration to the skin. The scent is light, pleasant, rosy, but dissipates after some time. I don't know if it's any different from any other rosewater spray or worth the price on its own since I got this in a kit. I know I definitely like it better than the rose hydrosol I was using previously.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2008 7:09:00 AM More reviews by stephanie86

This toner is so beautiful. I used to use Yuva Toner (sold in Australia at Pure Indulgence Salons) but I wanted a change. This one is just beautiful. This is pretty sad but I actually get excited waking up and getting to use it! So refreshing! I will deffinately buy again. I love that it comes in a smaller bottle too which makes it great for travel.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2008 3:52:00 AM More reviews by sauvyanna

I adore this mist. I have the citrus, lavender and rose in the large sizes. I'm obsessed with skin care and holistic beauty, plus skin is my favorite organ, so I pamper it ruthlessly! The rose in particular makes me feel ultra feminine, and gives me a boost of convidence because of that.This stuff is not just plain ole water+essence. It's a biodynamically, scientifically created concoction derived from years and years of education, experience and research. The people of Jurlique take organic materials, and create something completely unique. All of the mists(I have tried all of them) are lovely, light, naturally fragranced refreshers. Depending on my mood, I'll take any one of them with me throughout the day, for whenever I'm feeling tight, or dry, or even oily(citrus rocks!) It's nutritious for your face! It sucks it right up, and it has wonderful short term, and long term effects! Plus I think the new packaging is gorgeous. It's much more sophistocated, classy, and fresh. The old packaging made it look cheap and out dated.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2007 11:36:00 PM More reviews by Stila_Honey

I purchased the new version of this product- Rosewater Balancing Mist. It has a pleasant rose scent and is quite hydrating. The new frosted glass spray bottle is very nice. Highly recommend this product as a toner, it leaves your skin feeling clean and fresh, without being too drying. I have also tried the Chamomile version of this product, which is suited to slightly oily or sensitive skin. The Chamomile Balancing Mist is a very good toner, but I found the scent too strong.